PDA

View Full Version : question out of curiousity: the other wizards

Angus Og
02-09-2002, 06:06 PM
A question for all you more knowledgeable toklienites than I...

There are 5 wizards of Gandalf's order in Middle-Earth, right? Well, I'm very curious to who the other 2 (besides Gandalf, Saruman, and Radagast) are and what they are doing during LOTR... like, why woulnd't they be engrossed in such a major affair?

I figure these guys probably show up in the other Middle Earth books and you guys know about them... so I thought I'd throw my question out there, 'cause I really am quite curious...

Elrian
02-09-2002, 06:34 PM
All that is known of Alatar and Pallando (the Blue Wizards) is that they went inot the East. This coming from Unfinished Tales.

[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: Elrian ]

Mirkgirl
02-09-2002, 06:47 PM
All I've seen are their names at UT - Pallando and Alatar. Alatar is sent from Orome, Pallando from Orome or Mandos and Niena.

Maybe they are the ones who settled the cults that lasted after Sauron /one of the theories/.

Aralaithiel
02-09-2002, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately only their names are mentioned in UT. I highly recommend reading Unfinished Tales, and The Silmarillion. And of course, all the other ME stuff.

Lutfiska
03-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Pallando, Alatar and Saruman together wnt into the east but only Saruman came back... And that sure makes me suspicious....

Inderjit Sanghera
03-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Also see HoME 12; Last Writings.