PDA

View Full Version : History Of Middle Earth

valkirk
04-28-2007, 05:49 AM
I need some help from fans of the Tolkien books. I am looking to complete my US collection of The History Of Middle Earth but I am having problems finding some of the books in the editions that I have and I wonder if they were ever released in the format that I am looking for. If so, does anyone know the ISBNs or even better where to find it! At this point knowing that they exist would be a big help!

The format is hardcover and the series is the one with the solid color on the front. Here is a link to an example image.

http://images.overstock.com/f/102/3117/8h/www.overstock.com/images/products//muze/books/0395680921.jpg

I am looking for the following:
The Return of the Shadow, The History of The Lord of the Rings, Part One: The History of Middle-earth (Vol. 6)
The Treason of Isengard, The History of The Lord of the Rings, Part Two: The History of Middle-earth (Vol. 7)
The War of the Ring, The History of The Lord of the Rings, Part Three: The History of Middle-earth (Vol. 8)
Sauron Defeated: The End of the Third Age, The History of The Lord of the Rings, Part Four: The History of Middle-earth (Vol. 9)

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Kirk

William Cloud Hicklin
04-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Aha! Since the ones you're missing are the four Lord of the Rings volumes, I suspect you've been led astray by looking for solid-color covers. The first editions of Vols VI-IX, cognate with the solid-color I-V and X-XII, have white spines and cover pictures by Alan Lee (later included in his illustrated edition).