PDA

View Full Version : The Fairy Wife by Mark12_30; the complete text

Mithadan
05-24-2021, 03:22 PM
With apologies for the long delay, I have posted Chapters 4 - 6 of The Fairy Wife.

You may post any reviews in this thread.

Mithadan
06-08-2021, 09:20 AM
Chapters 7 - 12 have now been posted.

Again, feel free to post comments on this thread.

Huinesoron
06-08-2021, 09:45 AM
Before I started on the new ("new") chapters I had to go back and read the old(er) ones, and I have another favourite line: "They are under no pressure to grow, so they take their time." It's exactly the sort of thing Tolkien might have written about elven children; it really is perfect.

EDIT:

So, she didn't want to be bothered with learning the hobbits' speech. Excuse us, the stupid hobbits' speech. Well, fine.

Ah, elves. ^_^

The scene by the stream in Chapter 4 is perfectly charming (for all Noldo and Sindo are fighting). Then we hit Chapter 5, and the calling, and it all gets a bit... alien, but in a good way.

And then Chapter 6 perfectly blends the two. We have Hobbit-conversations about alien, Elvish matters, and an Elf whose circumstances feel more and more human/Hobbitish. I'm very much looking forward to the next chapters when I get the time.

hS

Huinesoron
06-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Fwoooo, 7-12 is a rollercoaster ride. It's a very similar feel to how LotR shifts from a Hobbit-tale to something larger and more dangerous. It's good, and I do hope there's more.

hS

Mithadan
06-15-2021, 10:37 AM
I have now posted Chapters 13 - 18.

Enjoy!

Mithadan
06-19-2021, 08:51 AM
At last, the entirety of The Fairy Wife has been posted.

Feel free to post your feedback on this thread.

Huinesoron
08-19-2021, 07:27 AM
It was a while back now, but I did finish reading the story, and I liked it! I seem to recall it felt weirdly like it trailed off at the end, but that was okay: it was, after all, a tale of a beginning, not an ending.

hS

jessciacarvin
12-18-2021, 12:51 AM
It's a wonderful story that has a very similar feel to how LotR shifts from a Hobbit-tale to something larger and more dangerous. It's good, and I do hope there's more. The scene by the stream in Chapter 4 is perfectly charming. Then we hit Chapter 5, and the calling, and it all gets a bit, alien, but in a good way. If you are looking for book writing services to ask them for english essay help online (https://www.essaywritingservices.ca/english-essay-help-canada/) and it is the right place.