PDA

View Full Version : Silmarils

LeriumRedlark
04-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Ok, What are they and what do they do, ShadowFacsimile, told me that Galadriel gave one to Aragorn, is this true, is this why his life is prolonged. If so where did Galadriel get it from if all of them were lost.?

Thank You,
Lerium Redlark

Voronwe
04-17-2002, 05:39 PM
I will be very brief, since if you want to know all about the Silmarils and all the troubles they caused, you should read The Silmarillion. The Silmarils were 3 perfect jewels created by Fëanor, the greatest craftsman of the elves. In the Silmarils Fëanor captured a little of the light of the Two Trees of Valinor.

Galadriel did not give a Silmaril to Aragorn.

Lothiriel Silmarien
04-17-2002, 07:04 PM
If you want to know more about the Silmarills and stuff, just read The Silmarillion. It'll explain a lot. And also Unfinished Tales, because it'll explain about what Galadriel gave Aragorn- Celebrimbor made a green jewel for Galadriel because he liked her or something. It has a few things on that subject. Those books will really help you out:-)

Lomelinde
04-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Galadriel did not give Aragorn a silmaril. What you may be confused about is the green Elfstone Aragorn carried and for which he was named after (Elessar).

lathspell
04-18-2002, 12:03 PM
The Silmarili were the three jewels which contained the last remnant of the light of the trees of Yavanna before the Sun was made.
Silmarili means 'radiance of pure light'.
But as for all the trouble they were 'responsible', I have to agree with all the others: read the Silmarillion.

Aragorn didn't recieve a Silmaril from Galadriel, that was an elfstone. The Silmarili passed out of knowledge after the one fell in the cracks of the earth and one in the ocean.

Thalionyulma
04-21-2002, 01:11 AM
Galadriel did not give Aragorn a Silmaril. In the Unfinished Tales it was said that the green stone she gave was the one Celebrimbor made for her.

The Silmarils were lost. (Okay, okay... one was lost at sea, the other in fire, and another in the sky). These were due to three individuals.... Maedhros, Maglor and Earendil.

ppl feel free to correct me, please...

Aragorn lives a long life because he has elven blood... he comes from a line of Numenor - which came from Elros, Elrond's twin brother.

[ April 21, 2002: Message edited by: Thalionyulma ]

Paul_nice1
04-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Aragorn's long life was not due to Elvish blood but because he was a descendant of the numenoreans who had an even longer life span than he did, this life span was granted to them by the Valar as a reward for their faithful service in the wars against Morgoth.

eleniwilwarin
04-21-2002, 11:10 AM
you should read Silmarillion it is a very good book i like it a lot smilies/smile.gif smilies/smile.gif

Thalionyulma
04-22-2002, 08:32 AM
but weren't the numenoreans from the line of Elros Half-elven? Elros chose to be among the mortals, but he and his descendents were granted a longer lifespan....

Eärendil
04-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah Thalionyulma, I think you´re right, of what I can remember... smilies/smile.gif
*Must read the Silm. again, must...*