PDA

View Full Version : Honey Cakes of the Beornings

Joy
05-31-2002, 12:39 AM
Guys, I was in the process of trying to make the Waybread recipe that I have received from Galadriel's servant girl. I just found it it the history of my family as I was translating the documents.

I don't think that I succeded very well, but I did manage to come close to the honey cakes.

1 cup of Flour - self rising
1 cup of Post Honey bunches of Oats w/ Almonds cereal
1/2 cup sugar
1 pack of Quaker Instant oatmeal - French Vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon pure honey
1 egg

Grind cereal finely, mix with flour, oats and sugar. Then stir in egg, slightly melted butter and honey.

Pre-heat oven to 350, cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about 12 cakes. More like cookies smilies/wink.gif

orlandoandsaran
05-31-2002, 12:46 AM
Is it nice?
I'll try that recipe out too!
Providing that my mum lets me use the oven. smilies/frown.gif
I'm trying a new pic. I hope it works!

orlandoandsaran
05-31-2002, 12:48 AM
Yay!
Yay!
It worked!
Oh yeah.....if you don't know who's pic is that, it's Orli's.
smilies/wink.gif

Joy
05-31-2002, 12:51 AM
They are very good! I know that it is 2:30 in the morning, but I got a craving for something sweet. I started digging in my fridge, but couldn't find anything. So I threw this together from what I had.

BTW, use a large cookie sheet. These things spread like wildfire! I put 12 half dollar sized cookies on a 9" pan, in just a few minutes they had spread over the whole pan and was falling into the oven!

Also, making some homemade blueberry cobbler.

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Joy ]

Greycloak
05-31-2002, 08:29 AM
My wife cook in the middle of the night, too I don't understand it...

Astaldotathrawen
05-31-2002, 09:49 AM
That recipe sounds really good.

And BTW, Orlandoandsaran, where did you get your pic? I LOVE it!!!!

"We hobbits ought to stick together, and we will. I shall go, unless they chain me up. There must be someone with intelligence in the Party."
---Peregrin "Pippen" Took

avarrogion
05-31-2002, 10:31 AM
Well nice pic orlandoandsaran and Joy i think i give that cake a shot !! Thanx for the recipe. smilies/eek.gif

avarrogion
05-31-2002, 10:40 AM
Joy i was wondering could i used some colouring to it maybe apple green or something like that?

Raefindel
05-31-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks for sharing that Joy. I'll have to give it a try. You get cravings in the middle of the night? Is this maybe sympathy cravings? kinda like an expectant father puts on weight? Hahaha.

No actually,I would cook in the middle of the night myself, but I know I would be disturbing people, and likely get a lecture.

orlandoandsaran
05-31-2002, 11:23 AM
Astaldotathrawen..i got the pic from this great site devoted to Orlando Bloom.
The site is: www.orlandobloom.co.nz (http://www.orlandobloom.co.nz)

I do hope i can cook the cookies! I had better buy the ingredients presto!

Joy
05-31-2002, 12:19 PM
Sure you can add food color. If you don't have all the ingrediants, you can do some substitution.

Like:
1 pack of Quaker Instant oatmeal - French Vanilla flavor

1 cup reg oatmeal, then add 2 tsp Vanilla.

The Fifth
05-31-2002, 01:08 PM
Nice picture.. also, I have a bad relationship with ovens so I don't think I can make those cookies/cakes without setting fire to the whole neighborhood.

gollum*elf*pup
05-31-2002, 03:09 PM
yum, i like food. those sound good, must try sometime. i actually can sometimes cook without seting the house on fire (tho i have set the microwave on fire, and broke the overn twice!)

The Fifth
05-31-2002, 05:30 PM
I like your picture too, Gollum. Is it a Ringwraith's steed?

Ithaeliel
05-31-2002, 07:38 PM
Orlandoandsaran, that is a hot pic!!! *Melts all over the floor* Orli is so cool... smilies/redface.gif

Okay! Ahem! I'll stop babbling on about my obsession with Orli and get back to the actual topic so that the BW or Sharku doesn't pounce on me. That sounds reeeeally good. I'll have to try and make some of those. Maybe for Lizzie's beginning-of-summer party? 3 days... I have to hang onto myself. smilies/confused.gif

avarrogion
06-01-2002, 04:17 AM
Thanx for the advice Joy....another thing could i used a muffin tray to back the cake? This is because i hope to make smalll sizes of them!!

Daniel Telcontar
06-01-2002, 04:20 AM
Whoops! I think I have gotten myself into the territory of cake-baking mothers. I will hastily retreat! smilies/biggrin.gif

gollum*elf*pup
06-01-2002, 07:08 AM
oh yes, i luv the ringwraiths' steeds! i like yr pic too, the fifth! smilies/biggrin.gif

Joy
06-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Sure, a muffin tray will work fine.

BTW Daniel, I'm not a mom smilies/biggrin.gif - just a young lady that loves to cook.

Daniel Telcontar
06-01-2002, 10:25 AM
Alright, if you are young then maybe I should stay a while and check out our cakes. It could be fun to taste the honey-cakes of the Beornings.