PDA

View Full Version : favorite bad guy

MallornLeaf
06-11-2002, 02:48 PM
I know some people who's favorite characters are the bad guys. who is everbody's favorite bad guy?

If he counts as a bad guy, i might pick smeagol.

Although, Ungoliant is, um, hmm... fascinating... lol

or there's the ultimate bad-guy: Melkor...

So is there anyone in particular that is you favorite bad guy? smilies/evil.gif smilies/evil.gif

Elrian
06-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Here's some from another thread on the same subject that are interesting. Favorite Bad Guys (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000673)

the real findorfin
06-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Melkor is too unobtrusive in the Silm.

U need someone who makes u curl up in ur covers at night.

WINNER = Black Riders (not Nazgul/ringwraiths...black riders)

In there unknown state in the shire
ahhh...creepy

Luthien_ Tinuviel
06-11-2002, 08:11 PM
For anyone who hates/is scared of spiders, Shelob in her lair is pretty creepy.

Ulairi
06-11-2002, 09:35 PM
When they first saw Shleob in TTT, it really creeped me out. They way they described the smell and the eight eyes shimmering in the darkness made my skin crawl a bit.

But my favorite(s) have to be the "Ruffians" from the scouring of the shires. I envisioned them scruffy, dirty, smelled like beer, and had a horrible, fake aussie/english accent. They weren't scary, just kind of there for comic relief in a sense.

TarElendil
06-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Sauron in the Sil.

Mornie Alantie
06-12-2002, 08:51 AM
GOLLUM all the Way.The Slinkyest, slyest, stupidest and all the other "est"s there are for really retarded (or so you may belive) Bad Guys.

Ungoliant
06-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Morgoth was a favorite of mine, evil and sinister.
I also liked Ungoliant, which would explain my name.
I also liked Sauron evil and wicked.
But, I really enjoyed Smaug, for I think it would be fascinating to meet a dragon.

Legolas
06-18-2002, 02:17 PM
"U need someone who makes u curl up in ur covers at night."

Um...if I had lived in Middle-earth during the First Age, Melkor would've been the being I least wanted to see peeping in my window.

Aldagrim Proudfoot
06-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Don't forget Wormtongue, but he's more of a sneak and a turncoat.

What about Glaurung? What he could do with his voice. smilies/evil.gif

Imperica
06-18-2002, 05:34 PM
Melkor/Morgoth is the ultimate bad guy. But most of the time he just sat down there in Utumno or Angband brooding, making others do his dirty work. I guess that would make me not fear him as much. He is manipulative and controlling. But I think he lacks the terror-filling ability that some of the other bad guys had.

Morima
06-20-2002, 03:57 PM
Hi all! I posted this in another thread but this one is the same so why not. Saruman isn't only my favourite bad-guy but my fav LotR caracter, after all, he has a SOMEwhat and quite interesting personality and history! smilies/cool.gif He isn't all that bad either, he had (I presume) perfectly good intentions once, but Sauron decieved him (then quite easily, because Saruman is TOO obsessed with power for a maia... He isn't very sympathetic either when it comes to it, very cynical). And let me make it clear that the poor man was totally raving mad at the end of the book -- that's why he got so obsessed with getting revenge over Frodo for destroying the Ring or what (pardon my bad english I'm Norwegian smilies/smile.gif) Saruman is da coolest! smilies/evil.gif But I think he needed a girlfriend. That powertripping is too much tension u know. smilies/biggrin.gif

Morima
06-20-2002, 04:00 PM
Another favourite half-bad guy: Gollum of course, both Slinker and Stinker -- they're so funny! My preciousss... Those words have a nice sound somewhat.

Luthien_ Tinuviel
06-20-2002, 04:28 PM
How about Balrogs? Or the cats of Morgoth from HoME? They're cool, but not very scary. smilies/cool.gif Or maybe Maeglin: a sad childhood, ill-fated life, and then it's no wonder that he gets rebellious and goes off and does something awful!

NicktheOrc
06-21-2002, 03:03 AM
My fave bad guy by far is definately The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul. He rules! smilies/cool.gif smilies/rolleyes.gif smilies/mad.gif smilies/eek.gif smilies/confused.gif smilies/evil.gif hehehe... smilies/smile.gif

Nice-Smeagol
06-26-2002, 01:12 PM
My fave bad guy is, obviously Smeagol/Gollum. Although he mght not count as one.
So my other fave bad guy is Smaug.
He thinks he is so great but really although very powerful, he does have weak points. Like the hole in his armour!

mystra
06-28-2002, 06:56 AM
hi!! i like sauron.... smilies/biggrin.gif (um... who the hell is morgoth?!)

Tyler
11-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Come on. It is Morgoth. He is the root of all evil. Like some one said" all he did was sit in his strong hold and make other people do his stuff" sounds a lot like Manson. He is the only evil you cant really kill.

Meela
11-24-2002, 02:24 PM
morgoth

Eomer of the Rohirrim
11-27-2002, 06:14 AM
Smaug was well cool but Sauron and Morgoth were the best.

Morgoth because he was the most evil. Like Sauron's older brother who beat him up if he did something wrong.

What an analogy!

Saurreg
11-27-2002, 07:02 AM
Gothmog, the lord of the Balrogs and high captain of Angband. He slain Feanor and Fingon, dragged Hurin in chains, and took Ecthelion of the fountains with him as he perished.

Neferchoirwen
11-27-2002, 09:27 AM
My fave bad guy is Saruman. I was thinking of Wormtongue, but I have to read the Books all over again to verify whatever thought os brewing in my mind.

Saruman fascinates me because of what went on in his head when he wanted to have the One Ring of Power. I want to know what he was thinking, and how he justified his thoughts, considering that the Eru sent him for a whole different ball game.

Krumtakh the Obtuse
11-27-2002, 02:58 PM
My favorite bad guy is either Gollum, or Maeglin. I'm not sure why though. smilies/biggrin.gif

Durelin
11-27-2002, 05:40 PM
What about th Mouth of Sauron? He had a name but I can't remember it...hmmmm...well, I thought he was cool, pretty wierd guy, but definetly cool if he's gotten that far up in Sauron's ranks!

Morima
11-27-2002, 05:51 PM
I tend to like some bad guys, and I must say, I like Gríma Wormtounge too. At least I feel very sorry for him.

Demloth of Dol Amroth
11-27-2002, 09:58 PM
dude, theres been like a dozen similar topics like this-but i don't really care. i've said it a few times before, i'll say it again-Sauron rocks. Nazgul rock. (for the record, i'm good-aligned) Saruman was sort of a dunderhead. s'all.

Lindril Arvilya
11-27-2002, 10:01 PM
The one that hit closest to home was Eol from The Sil. By all accounts he is my ex-boyfriend.

Orual
11-27-2002, 10:18 PM
Saruman was my favorite bad guy. I found that he had the most depth. I do need to re-read the Sil, I haven't read it in a while, but as it stands Saruman is my fave.

~*~Orual~*~

the witch king
11-28-2002, 01:49 PM
its gotta b Glaurung farther of the dragons now theres somethin 2 be scared of talk about nasty petty greedy fearsome and a down right bad guy! smilies/evil.gif

Kráľ-striga
04-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Morgoth and Witch-king