PDA

View Full Version : riddles in the dark

bragolheledion
06-27-2002, 12:11 AM
ok here the deal i'll ask a riddle then the first person to get it right gets to ask one erc. etc. etc.

the first riddle is: there is a meal the people at the meal are a man, his freind, his wife, and his freinds wife. they all would rather eat the desert than live(they would kill for it it isnt poisoined). there is three deserts but they all get equal shares how? P.s noone dies

Susan Delgado
06-27-2002, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the Downs, bragolheledion, and I hate to burst your bubble, but there's already a riddle thread here in the Quiz Room and we also recently closed down two that were in Novices and Newcomers for the simple reason that it gets very confusing when there's more than one going at a time. I don't fault your notion: it's an excellent one, but it's easier if we all were to limit ourselves to just the one thread, especially considering the fact that these riddles aren't strictly ME-related.

they cut each cake into quarters and each person got three pieces. simple if you use fractions. why would anyone die?

Gimli Son Of Gloin
07-13-2002, 12:36 AM
Because they're all allergic to cake.

Samwise
07-13-2002, 01:36 AM
Hullo an' welcome,bragolheledion !
"The log's all right," said Frodo. "There are plenty of them in the River. But leave out the eyes! "
"That I won't." said Sam. "'Twas the eyes as made me sit up, so to speak. "