PDA

View Full Version : Speaking people

isatri
10-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Its says all speaking people left middle earth to make way for the dominian of men. Elves went to the west but where did dwarves go? Where did everyone else go?

Phervasaion
10-24-2003, 03:30 PM
I just imagined them to continue liveing in their mines and mountains but im not entirely sure. The only Dwarf that went west, as far as i know, was Gimli who went there with Legolas.

Lord of Angmar
10-24-2003, 04:20 PM
I do not think, isatri, that it was said that they all left to make way for Men's dominion. After all, JRR Tolkien says in "Concerning Hobbits" that hobbits are still alive in our world, and although they have diminished and will not bear to be seen or head by the Big People, they have not left. If it was the case that all the speaking peoples of Middle Earth did eventually depart, I would imagine that the Dwarves too would go to Valinor and there reside in the Halls of Aule until the Last Battle.

Finwe
10-25-2003, 11:14 AM
I think the Dwarves diminished in the same way as the Hobbits. It was only when they died, that they went to the halls of Aulė, their maker.

Voralphion
10-26-2003, 08:00 PM
The dwarves didn't go to Valinor, but eventually died out, possible due to the lack of dwarf women.

THE Ka
10-26-2003, 08:17 PM
This is a HYPOTHESIS. An educated guess. now, you can disagree or agree for that matter but, let me just type this out.

I think by what i've read in the encyclopedia of Arda (i think i've read it there or somewhere) It says that hobbits could possilby have moved to some part of the Isle of Man due to a myth in that region. The myth speaks about short men who have particularlly large hairy feet and enjoy wine. very much. Idon't know if the Encyclopedia of Arda is correct but, it sounds close to me.

"I think; therefore i am."
- from Anne Rice, Queen of The Damned

Gilbo
10-29-2003, 12:51 PM
The Dwarves are still among us. If you don't believe me, then go check out the guys hanging around the boiler room. Most of the engineers on my first ship were short men with beards who enjoyed tinkering around with machinery in the depths of the ship. smilies/evil.gif P.S. Thye also carried hammers and oily rags smilies/tongue.gif

Hookbill the Goomba
10-29-2003, 02:08 PM
I agree with the lord of angmar, when he said
After all, JRR Tolkien says in "Concerning Hobbits" that hobbits are still alive in our world, and although they have diminished and will not bear to be seen or head by the Big People, they have not left.

After all, John Ronald himself said that, and we cannot argue with that. as for the dwarves, I think it says something about them in "the peoples of middle earth" but i will need to look at it... when I get a new copy of it (my old one was destroyed) if anyone has a copy of it, let them speak.

Amarie of the Vanyar
10-29-2003, 04:10 PM
The quote you are searching for is in this thread smilies/wink.gif
http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003432