PDA

View Full Version : Middle Earth Karaoke?

Ainalondwen
04-21-2002, 03:09 PM
Songs that apply to Tolkien's characters:

"I've got you under my ssssskin" - gollum's song
"I will survive" - any of the fellowship, really
"Weapon of choice" - for the line 'walk without rythm and you won't attract the Worm(tongue) - Grima's song smilies/wink.gif
In a totally non-slashy way, before anyone gets offend, I think you could use Bon Jovi's "Thank you for loving me" (chorus: "thank you for loving me, for being my eyes when I couldn't see...") -Frodo and Sam's song It just works in a way. Granted the song is probably for someone of the opposite sex, but humour me here please! A few of the lines are very appropriate in their exceptional circumstances.
"Burn baby burn " - Denethor's song teehee smilies/evil.gif

Anymore for anymore, my fair peoples?

Raefindel
04-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, gee, I used "We're off to see the wizard" on another thread and "Hi-ho, hi-ho! It's off to work we go"

The Half-Hobbit
04-21-2002, 05:02 PM
How about "shiny happy people" by REM for the hobbits of the Shire?

Auriel Haevasawen
04-22-2002, 03:02 PM
'I know what I'm here for' by James
Frodo on Mount Doom
'This one goes out to the one I love' by REM
Arwen to Aragorn or Eowyn to Aragorn.

Auriel Haevasawen
04-22-2002, 03:03 PM
Sorry wrong way round, Aragorn singing to them.

Fingo
04-22-2002, 06:36 PM
"Blurry" By Puddle of Mud
Half of it could be for a depressed and weary Frodo and the other half for Sam who's trying to help Frodo get through Mordor. I don't know I really like that song and I really like LOTR.... I'm trying to connect em. smilies/rolleyes.gif
Also "Forever in Love". I forget who it's by but it's a really pretty jazz piece that I think would be appropriate for Aragorn and Arwen. smilies/smile.gif

Elenya
04-23-2002, 03:51 PM
Disco Inferno-Denethor
War(Huh)-Anyone
Soak up th Sun by Sheryl Crow-Gollum(I know it doesn't really fit, but it's funny)

Enedhil
04-25-2002, 03:19 PM
"Rings around the World" - super furry animals

Auriel Haevasawen
04-25-2002, 03:22 PM
'River Deep, Mountain High'. Bilbo and the Dwarves on their way to the Lonely Mountain.

King_Elessar
01-29-2003, 11:43 AM
"Because I got high" -Celeborn (AFROMAN)!!!!!

Elessar

Ebony
01-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Quote: "Disco Inferno-Denethor"

smilies/biggrin.gif hehe that was a good one.

How about Stayin' Alive for Gollum?

Or Band of Gold for Frodo

[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Ebony ]

Vardadurwen
01-29-2003, 02:07 PM
How about "Evermore" by Led Zeppelin since it's actually about the Battle in Rohan or whatever.

Gorwingel
01-29-2003, 02:17 PM
I always thought "Walk on" by U2, was a really good song for Frodo. Because I always thought about him and his journey whenever I listened to it.