PDA

View Full Version : Okay, this is going to sound like a joke......

Samwise
07-17-2002, 11:20 PM
...but it's serious (sort of).

A Man, an Elf, and a Hobbit walk into a restaraunt (here in this world) and go to the "Please Wait to be seated" area. You are either an employee (like one who seats folks) or someone already there having dinner. What is your reaction? smilies/wink.gif
LOTR Haiku V
Frodo and Samwise
travelling to Cracks of Doom
friend must carry friend.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]

Ithaeliel
07-17-2002, 11:41 PM
Oh geez... considering me, I'd probably go like this, in this order:

smilies/eek.gif smilies/confused.gif smilies/biggrin.gif smilies/evil.gif smilies/frown.gif

The sad face at the end is for when they have to leave.

Samwise
07-17-2002, 11:50 PM
Oi....don't think I want to know what the face to the left of the sad face is for...
"I met Sam going up the hill and told him to follow me; but plainly he did not do so. he guessed his master's mind and came back here before Frodo had gone. He did not find it easy to leave Sam behind! " ~Aragorn, TTT

gollum*elf*pup
07-18-2002, 09:02 AM
i'd be very confused. i always am, tho. then i would pretend that i work there and sit them down at a table, take the hobbit into the kitchen and roast him and feed him to the others, pretending it's chicken. smilies/wink.gif

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: gollum*elf*pup ]

The Fifth
07-18-2002, 10:28 AM
I would be kind of confused, but then just grin and nod when I gave them their orders. Then I would steal the elf and run off with /her/.

[ July 18, 2002: Message edited by: The Fifth ]

Samwise
07-18-2002, 11:22 AM
I forgot to mention the Elf was a woman.
"So my plan is all spoilt!" said Frodo. "It is no good trying to escape you. But I'm glad, Sam. It is plain that we were meant to go together. "

ElfEarz
07-18-2002, 11:40 AM
i would first talk to the elf cuz i look like one smilies/smile.gif and then i would grab the hobbit and squeezle it smilies/smile.gif hehehehhe thier just too adorable

piosenniel
07-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Here's what I would do:

'Welcome! Will it be just the three of you having dinner this evening, or are there more in your party?'

Picks up three menus and the wine and spirits list. 'Would you like a table with a view of the waterfront, or would you prefer to be seated nearer the fireplace.'

Leads them to their preferred table, makes a little small talk, introduces them to their waitperson. Alerts the chef and owner that a special party has come in.

The owner then comes to their table and welcomes them, bringing a bottle of his best wine, and pours each a glass.

Now if I were a diner, I would resist the urge to go over and meet them - just leave them to enjoy their own company and the food. But what a story that would be for friends!!!!!!

Aldagrim Proudfoot
07-18-2002, 01:42 PM
I would be slightly surprised, but then act like nothing was different.

Kaze
07-18-2002, 03:40 PM
I think it depends how they were acting. If they thought it was completely normal, then - well, that'd be just odd. I'd probably burst out laughing just because of the strangeness of it smilies/biggrin.gif

Galadrie1
07-19-2002, 02:08 PM
Kaze, i love your signature!!! smilies/biggrin.gif

anyway, if that happened to me, i'd just be horribly confused (as usual). i might gather up the courage to go and talk to the Hobbit. not the Elf or Man, though, because i think they'd be much harder to talk to (i'm really shy around grown-ups, and hobbits seem more like kids smilies/smile.gif).

MYyyPreciousSS
07-20-2002, 02:03 AM
Well first off I'd think to myself, "Yes! I was right, hobbits and elfs DO exsist!"
But I'd try to act normal and hopefully end up "accidently" bumping into them and be able to talk to them.
Maybe even sneak in a camera and get a quick picture of them. THen I would have proof! No one could say I was jus going crazy and hillucinating again.. smilies/smile.gif

Melephelwen
07-20-2002, 03:13 AM
I would be like...
look very confused at them, with my mouth open and everything. smilies/confused.gif
After 10 minutes I would realize my mouth was open, close and smile in that way "I didn't look at you, there's absolutely nothing wrong, I'm just tired etc."
I would stare at them for the next half an hour, and when I realized they were preparing to leave i would either be like "darn! I should've talked to them" or walk over to them and start babling, so they wouldn't have a chance to go anywhere. Then I would try to find out what the h*ck they were doing there and follow them (not sneaking, while I talked to them) smilies/evil.gif
I would try to get an adress, phone number or whatever, and finally, after 3 hours, I would probably let them go. If they came from ME they would go right back there and ask someone to curse me. smilies/evil.gif

Oh, how I wish something like that could actually happen... smilies/frown.gif

Melephelwen
07-20-2002, 03:15 AM
Not that they would get me cursed, but the rest of it... smilies/rolleyes.gif oh well, maybe a little curse could be fun smilies/wink.gif

Samwise
07-20-2002, 04:11 PM
Well, all, this "event" will happen tomorrow night, if all goes well. smilies/wink.gif I'll tell you if anyone reacts...LOL smilies/biggrin.gif
http://bestanimations.com/Food/Beverages/Drink-01.gif
"But I am going to Mordor."
"I know that well enough, Mr. Frodo. Of course you are. And I'm coming with you. "

Anna Licumo
07-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Samwise, if you do not tell me what you're planning, I'm going to...um... do something evil. Argh! I have to know!

Samwise
07-21-2002, 03:14 PM
LOL---to tell the truth, Anna it wasn't my plan, it was Raefindel's. smilies/biggrin.gif I've been hinting all over the place (see "I Met A Fellow BDer!" thread) but no one's taken the hint, nor evidently read any of my more obvious posts.

Tonight, Raefindel the Red-haired Elf, her husband (the man) and me (the Hobbit) are meeting at Carrow's restaraunt after I get out of church, see? Simple. smilies/wink.gif Actually, I've been trying to get ahold of her on her cel phone, but it's BUSY!!! smilies/frown.gif

LOTR (Movie) Moment (III) (Second Breakfast)
Pippin stops to cook
Aragorn says there's no time
Apple hits a head.

Copyright 2002 S. Uffelman

Arwen Imladris
07-21-2002, 05:52 PM
Just one question, how would you know that they were an elf or a hobbit? Have you ever seen a real one? Don't they look very much like people? I think that I would just think that they were very strange people. smilies/biggrin.gif

Raefindel
07-23-2002, 09:19 AM
I think the waitress DID think we were wierd after we didn't leave 2 hours after they cleared the table!

Samwise met me with a boquet of roses from the garden at her church(she tends the garden). I had a small gift for her, too.

Samwise is taller than I expected. I spoke with her on the phone before I left Washington, and I found her voice to be so pleasant.

My kids were there too, just until they finished dinner, then my husband took them swimming at the hotel and let me and Samwise talk.

She filled me in on all the things gooing on here at the Downs while I've been gone. (and BTW I've missed you all.)

It was too dark to see Samwise's Garden or the one she planted at her church so we sat in her driveway and talked some more for another 20 minutes.

I think she must cry at supermarket-openings because she cried when I had to leave(don't be embarassed, Samwise, it's sweet).

It was a really great time. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. smilies/smile.gif

Lindolirian
07-23-2002, 10:33 PM
My reaction would be much like that of Dr. Grant's in Jurassic Park when he first sees the dinosaurs.

Lady_Báin
07-24-2002, 04:54 AM
well though it is after the fact I would rush up to them all gooingly and ask for pictures and autographs all round, then I would ask "were's gimli?" smilies/frown.gif smilies/frown.gif

Samwise
07-25-2002, 07:32 PM
I think the waitress DID think we were wierd after we didn't leave 2 hours after they cleared the table...I had a small gift for her, too.
LOL--y' think she thought so? Nah...then, maybe she let us sit there 'cause she knows Elves are good with bows...j/k

Samwise is taller than I expected.
LOL, Miss Rae! Well, I'm a 20th century Hobbit, that's my only explanation. smilies/wink.gif

I spoke with her on the phone before I left Washington, and I found her voice to be so pleasant.
Awww...well, I found you to be pretty darn pleasant, too--and your hubby, and your sweet kidlets...is Jessica adopted? No offense meant, ma'am, but she seemed to have some very Hobbit-like tendencies... smilies/wink.gif

It was too dark to see Samwise's Garden or the one she planted at her church so we sat in her driveway and talked some more for another 20 minutes.
It was only 20 minutes? Sigh. Seemed like longer or shorter depending....

I think she must cry at supermarket-openings because she cried when I had to leave(don't be embarassed, Samwise, it's sweet).
LOL, Miss Rae! No offense taken, but that would be bookstores more likely than supermarkets...

It was a really great time. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Me, three. If any of you get to Washington State, look this lady up. smilies/smile.gif

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]

Samwise_Gamgee
09-04-2002, 04:17 PM
I would look at the other hobbit, then I would go back to eating cheese and drinking ale smilies/biggrin.gif I ain't been droppin no eaves sir, honest! - Samwise Gamgee/Sean Astin

the guy who be short
05-26-2003, 06:00 AM
id walk past their table, leaving the dwarf a note saying "meet me outside in 5 mins, about the elf"
we'd meet and plot to kill the elf. NEVER TRUST AN ELF! THEYRE SO EVIL! smilies/evil.gif
after kiling the elf, i would kidnap the hobbit and force him to show me where the shire was. then the dwarf and i would go there in force and take over. and if the hobbits dare resist... smilies/evil.gif

Meela
05-26-2003, 10:27 AM
freeze, squeal, shake, squeal some more, faint.