PDA

View Full Version : The drinking game

Kalimac
03-06-2002, 11:46 PM
This one's probably been beaten to death, but it could be fun to give it a shot smilies/smile.gif. These sorts of things tend to be mostly movie-related so it's in this forum, but book-related is good too. And if you don't drink, just unstopper a flask of miruvor and join in.

TAKE ONE DRINK WHEN:

The Ring is mentioned as a sentient being ("It wants to be found") or shown in closeup.

Frodo falls down.

Frodo has a big-eyed, terrified closeup.

Pippin has no idea that he's in danger.

Pippin talks about food.

An Elf says something nasty about Dwarves.

A Dwarf says something nasty about Elves.

A song is introduced or ended with something like "This song is far more beautiful in the original Elvish, but alas, this is as close as the Common Tongue can get to approximating its beauty."

Aragorn is reminded by someone, or mentions in passing, that he is Isildur's Heir.

Gimli, or Dwarves in general, mention Moria.

TAKE TWO DRINKS WHEN:

The hobbits do something simultaneously blindingly heroic and mindbendingly stupid ("Let's fight on the TOP of the hill where we can be surrounded without any way of getting under cover!")

After the hobbits' heroic efforts, a man still has to come in and save them.

Merry (not Pippin) says exactly what the audience is thinking. ("I have the leave the Shire." "Right.")

There's an apparently random reference that only book-readers could possibly get (the stone trolls, "The long-expected party" et al).

TAKE TEN DRINKS WHEN:

Merry appears without Pippin in tow (or vice versa).

Sam says more than two sentences without uttering the words "Mr. Frodo."

Aragorn and Boromir exhibit the slightest twitch of physical fear, even when confronted out of nowhere by an army of 500 Uruk-hai.

An Elf stumbles.

An Elf laughs at something.

An Elf is optimistic.

You can tell what a Dwarf's face really looks like without the hair.

OK, enough of that. Does anyone else have anything. Please post!

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: Kalimac ]

Joy
03-07-2002, 12:22 AM
Does reading the books count??? Then, I could down a whole 2 liter vanilla Dr Pepper! Man, when's my diet gonna start??

I'm trying to lose weight so I can be an elf when TTT comes out.

Kalimac
03-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Reading the books definitely counts smilies/smile.gif. The only reason I put this in movies is that if it were in Books it would be hard to keep "movie moments" from trickling in so might as well let 'em coexist here. And yes, I could go through that bottle pretty quickly as well if I really made a habit of this.

Looking back I hadn't realized my first post was quite that long...

Birdland
03-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Man, if I had to take a drink every time something like that happened in the movie, they be scrapping me off the auditorium floor by the time the credits rolled.

This sound like a great way to experience LOTR for the third time!

Joy
03-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Hey, that's why you drink Dr Pepper, or well COke, Pepsi or coffffeeee!

amyrlis
03-07-2002, 02:10 PM
That was darn funny Kalimac! If I was still in my boozy college days(daze) smilies/cool.gif, I'd force my friends to play that with me every Friday! More exciting than 3-man any day! Now if I was in the theater drinking diet coke they wouldn't be scraping me off the floor because I would have already floated to the ladies room by the time the Fellowship heads south!

Rosa Underhill
03-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Coffee?! *hiss* No! We hates it, precious! We hates it forever!!!... Erm, heh, sorry 'bout that. Reaction.

If I played that game with soda they'd be scraping me off the ceiling. smilies/biggrin.gif

Take a drink when:

There is mention of mushrooms.

There is mention of veggies.

Sam threatens someone/ handles them roughly in defence of Frodo.

Gandalf says something wise.

You see the eye of Sauron.

Boromir gets upset/goes crazy over the Ring.

Frodo is sad/upset. (I suggest bringing several extra cases/liters with for this one.)

Take two drinks:

Every time you see Bill the pony.

When you see Pete Jackson in Bree.

Anytime a hobbit smiles.

Anytime you actually see people eating in the film.

Birdland
03-08-2002, 01:37 AM
Two drinks every time Frodo bravely draws his sword and immediately gets the crap beat out of him.

(Frodo, don't draw your sword! Just run!)

Glenethor
03-08-2002, 01:45 AM
*hic*

You really don't want to hear the story of the last time I played a drinking game. Trust me on that.
smilies/eek.gif smilies/eek.gif smilies/eek.gif

Gayalondiel
03-12-2002, 04:12 AM
Has anyone else actually tried this? Being a student, i had to, and, well, if you're lightweight you might want to reconsider using alcohol!! Thanks for a terrific game. smilies/wink.gif

oh, we came up with a few more rules as we went along but i havn't worked out what happened to the paper, if i can find it i'll post our extras smilies/smile.gif

Talin
03-12-2002, 04:32 AM
How about...
Have ten beers:
Every time you see Aragorn's had a shave.

Birdland
03-12-2002, 09:07 AM
How about...
Have ten beers:
Every time you see Aragorn's had a shave.
Boy, if you waited for THAT to happen, you'd wind up being the designated driver that night.

Lush
03-12-2002, 04:17 PM
I'd never waste a good drinking game on soda...
HAVE ONE BEER WHEN:

Aragorn gets a wistful/contemplative/sentimental look in his eyes.

Elrond raises an eyebrow.

A Nazgul screeches.

HAVE TEN BEERS WHEN:

Sam gets mad at Frodo

Legolas wipes his nose with his sleeve, or does anything else un-ladylike. smilies/wink.gif

Saruman has a big, hearty grin on his face.

Celebmornie
10-26-2002, 01:02 PM
These are just freaking funny! smilies/biggrin.gif

Elenna
10-27-2002, 02:38 PM
If you really want to get hammered...

TAKE ONE DRINK

Whenever there's a closeup of the Ring

Whenever Elrond looks angry

Whenever Boromir causes tension in the group

Orual
10-27-2002, 05:13 PM
LoL!!!!!!

A couple of years ago I was into this old Canadian CGI show, and there was a drinking game for it changed for underage viewers (it was a cartoon, after all)...so you won if you burped the loudest at the end. smilies/eek.gif It's...an interesting game to play that way, to say the least.

~*~Orual~*~