PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished Tales

Keeper of Dol Guldur
01-28-2002, 05:42 PM
As I just read "Hunt for the Ring" in Unfinished tales, and relearned the ride of the nine, I came across an interesting paragraph about Saruman fearing the Nazgul, and saying he would go get Mithrandir's knowledge, then searching for Mithrandir with the intent of appologizing and stopping the nine. If so, he found Gandalf missing and a great eagle flew off toward Edoras in the distance. So, exactly why then, does he continue to be an a$$hole, because Gandalf's escape was carried out or did he just realize that the Witch King had believed his lies, and think that he could eventually battle Sauron. And whoever it was that suggested that Saruman had a dwarven ring from Sauron-genius. But if he had one, and the Mouth of Sauron had the other, who had the other.(Except maybe Sauron, whenever I draw Sauron, I used to give him the nine rings on his nine fingers and the dwarven ones too.)

Cirdan the Shipwright
01-29-2002, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the compliment. The only other hint we have about the fate of the dwarf rings is that Sauron offers to return three of them to Erebor if they give him news of the hobbits. Since three were destroyed by dragons, probably only one was bestowed either on Saruman or the Mouth of Sauron (although I'm sure Sauron could have re-retreived them easily enough). He probably just kept the others in a safe place.

- Cirdan