The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

Hilde Bracegirdle 07-26-2005 03:08 PM

Ah! The photo of Esty, Child and Thenamir is up! How wonderful to see you all! And I do agree, Esty that dress is unbelievably beautiful! You have worked a marvel that might well put Galadriel’s ladies to shame! Now I had better run before I use up my quota of exclamation points for the day!

Thanks for all the hard work Tigerlilly!

Thenamir 07-26-2005 03:16 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. That's Child, Esty, me, and some bearded fat guy that happened by when he smelled Child's fantastic cooking.

Gil-Galad 07-26-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I think we should all chip in to buy Tig a pony just for the wonderful job she's done.

Maybe i want a pony too...imagine Gil-Galad riding a pony into a Horde of orcs, so could've been an acceptable addition to the movies... but anyways, beautiful job Tig

Kuruharan 07-26-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. That's Child, Esty, me, and some bearded fat guy that happened by when he smelled Child's fantastic cooking.
That is exactly what I thought was going on there! :D

Lhunardawen 07-27-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer
But what's with the general lack of eyeliner?

Maybe you could start a new trend. ;)

wilwarin538 07-27-2005 10:52 AM

I'm in for buying Tig a pony. I think green would be a good pony colour. ;)

Thenamir 07-27-2005 10:55 AM

That really would be a horse of a different color.

Mattius 07-27-2005 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't think my email ever made it so I attached the picture to this post :)

Mattius 07-27-2005 02:10 PM

Also let me explain why I am holding my mobile in the picture, I am using the camara and taking a picture of myself in the mirror. Its not because I'm strange like that.

Honest.

Lalwendë 07-27-2005 04:04 PM

Someone new to look out for!

I bet you go in Corp, Mattius! ;)

Mattius 07-28-2005 04:26 AM

Holy crap I have a stalker! Yes Corporation is a home from home.

Amanaduial the archer 07-28-2005 05:25 AM

Woah! Matt, you are wholly as cool as expected, but otherwise absolutely nothing like how I imagined you! In my head you're....blonde, for a start.

Corporation?

Mattius 07-28-2005 08:32 AM

Yep I am naturally blond but I had black hair for a year or so, now its all gone because I shaved it off but I like that picture, I'll show you one where I have a mowhawk from about a week ago but I got rid of it. Corporation is a alternative club in Sheffield. If you ever make the visit across the Pennines check it out!

mormegil 07-28-2005 08:48 AM

Alatar you're similar to how I imagined you except the mustache. Cute kids by the way.

alatar 07-28-2005 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mormegil
Alatar you're similar to how I imagined you except the mustache. Cute kids by the way.

Interesting.

And thanks for the compliment regarding the kids. As stated previously, thankfully they get their looks from Mrs. alatar.

THE Ka 07-28-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilwarin538
I'm in for buying Tig a pony. I think green would be a good pony colour. ;)

Very good! Then, when she rides it across anything green, she'll give off the optical illusion that she can either float, or has an invisible pony as a pet. Wonderful idea! Only problem is, what shade of green? :)

~Ka

Gil-Galad 07-28-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE Ka
Very good! Then, when she rides it across anything green, she'll give off the optical illusion that she can either float, or has an invisible pony as a pet. Wonderful idea! Only problem is, what shade of green? :)

~Ka

great...WITCH WITCH! TIG TURNED ME INTO A NEWT

maybe summer green?

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-28-2005 06:06 PM

No no, I did get the picture Mattius, but as I said in previous posts, I've been far too bsuy for regular updates. It will get up there... patience, my friend.

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-29-2005 07:49 AM

Mattius... not what I expected, though I can't say that I mind. Is that a piercing I see? Oh, just so you know... I can't remember if my image of you had any basis in fact, but there was a barbie involved. A British one. And you had blondish-red hair and were short and dorky. In a good way.

wilwarin538 07-29-2005 09:17 AM

Definetly lime green. ;)

Cool pic Matt. :D

Mattius 07-29-2005 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting, I'm not sure what you meant about the barbie doll though... Anyway heres a more recent picture

Encaitare 07-29-2005 12:35 PM

Diggin' the mohawk. :D

THE Ka 07-29-2005 07:01 PM

I love your wall colour! A purplish-maroon? Or Autumn Berry? Just curious...

~ Ka

Mattius 07-30-2005 05:05 AM

Heh heh, nah its my girlfriends room colour. Two walls are purple and the other two are pink.

Mithalwen 07-30-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alatar
Interesting.

And thanks for the compliment regarding the kids. As stated previously, thankfully they get their looks from Mrs. alatar.

Yes the moustache was a huge shock.........

bit like Anthony Edwardes in Top Gun........

solarisa 07-30-2005 01:56 PM

wonderful! great pic and good job tigerllily gamgee...

Amanaduial the archer 07-30-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Heh heh, nah its my girlfriends room colour. Two walls are purple and the other two are pink.
Su-u-ure, so he says...;) Loving the hair though, Mattius - why would you shave it off?! :D

Mattius 07-31-2005 08:51 AM

Didn't really like it that much, plus now I don't have to bother styling it when I wake up which means I can sleep in for longer :D

alatar 08-01-2005 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Yes the moustache was a huge shock.........

bit like Anthony Edwardes in Top Gun........

Really? I assume that it timestamps me somehow (think the glorious 80's :) ) - and I'm never shaving it.

Anyway, not to be rude, but if one of you were to have horns growing out the sides of your head, I would just overwrite the image that I had. My mental pictures are always fuzzy - need to get new equipment.

Oddwen 08-01-2005 08:35 AM

Quote:

I think Oddwen looks very mischievous in her pic...
That's because she hates cameras, me dear.

≈Odhdhwen

Tigerlily Gamgee 08-02-2005 07:20 PM

Awww, you guys lucked out! I am home sick tonight, unlucky for me because I feel like blah, but I did finally get to do another update. I'm supposed to be going out of town on Thurs, so this bug needs to go away.

Oddwen 08-02-2005 08:32 PM

Great job Tig! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...tweetz/hug.gif Sorry you're sick, though.
I regret I could not find you a green pony, but here is a moose. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...ls/elkgrin.gif
But mind you, møøse bites can get pretty nasti...

SamwiseGamgee seems to be in league with Absolute Evil. Notice one of Sauron's minions seated next to him in the torture pits of what can only be Angband.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-03-2005 05:02 AM

Ach, 'tis only his boss Oddwen. ;)

Hookbill the Goomba 08-03-2005 05:25 AM

Eomer of the Rohirrim looks suspiciously like someone from my Church. hmmm...

Kath 08-03-2005 06:32 AM

You know Fea every time I see your photo you look more and more like one of my friends. I didn't see it at first but now it's hard to miss, how odd.

I had a bit of a shock when I saw TGWBS though, he looks absolutely nothing like the way he does inside my head!

Eomer happily looks as mad as he should.

And Samwise Gamgee looks as cool as he should - so all is well!

the guy who be short 08-03-2005 09:07 AM

Ooh, my pic changes when you click on it. Cool. :D What did I look like in your mind, Kath?

Eomer looks suspiciously Fallohidish.

mormegil 08-03-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Ooh, my pic changes when you click on it. Cool. :D What did I look like in your mind, Kath?

Eomer looks suspiciously Fallohidish.

Well I can say that I find you very mature for you age, however I didn't expect to find you still on playgrounds :p

Eomer is a rather skinny Hobbit isn't he.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-03-2005 10:54 AM

The Hobbit comments are not unusual to me. :D

Bruce's pic is just beyond cool.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-03-2005 12:18 PM

Thanks again, Tig, I hope you get well soon!

TGWBS' new pic rocks! What a feel of serenity!

Samwise Gamgee looks quite pale and scary with that red nose and all but the guy sitting on his right side looks really nice. ;)

I think Eomer looks a little like Johnny Depp when he was younger... or a remarkably tall and fit hobbit. :)

the guy who be short 08-03-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mormy
Well I can say that I find you very mature for you age, however I didn't expect to find you still on playgrounds

Curses, you saw through me. I thought that, at a casual glance, peopl would presume I was in a (small) Buddhist temple.

Actually, the first (major) mistake most teenagers make in life is to leave the playground. This invariably leads to them "maturing" as you say, i.e. falling into adulthood, a complex and harsh world (which some would call reality).

That looks too deep and thoughtful. Anyway, playgrounds are fun, and swings in particular are relaxing, whatever your age (as Indians seem to understand). :D

It's amusing that you call me "mature" though. Most of my close friends would laugh at that. That said, a lot of people in the Downs imagine me as 18ish, some as Middle-Aged and a few as Gandhi (who people only remember aged 60ish),

I've noticed that, in that photo, my face looks sort of Gandhi-ish. :D

That is a really long response... I think I must be bored...

SamwiseGamgee's pic is excellent! To meet Ronald in person... wow.