The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Would There Ever Be a Possibility...? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=14688)

Brinniel 10-01-2008 12:41 PM

Nogrod, I emailed you six of the eight audio files...but the final two were apparently too big. I have an Xanga account, so perhaps I'll post those bigger files on it later.

Nogrod 10-01-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinniel (Post 569187)
Nogrod, I emailed you six of the eight audio files...but the final two were apparently too big. I have an Xanga account, so perhaps I'll post those bigger files on it later.

Got them six. I'm not sure if one can dowwnload things from xanga sites - maybe one can, I just don't know.

But you have an alternative solution as well. Turn them into mp3 files and you can probably send them nicely. I think it's something like 10mb or something that the e-mail servers will take in one sending and on mp3 you'll get a lot of stuff in 10mb...

Brinniel 10-02-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

But you have an alternative solution as well. Turn them into mp3 files and you can probably send them nicely. I think it's something like 10mb or something that the e-mail servers will take in one sending and on mp3 you'll get a lot of stuff in 10mb...
Well I think the two files were the longer sample narrations I did (though I'm not postive)...so they're not terribly important. But I can convert them to mp3 and send them to you this weekend.

MatthewM 10-09-2008 07:47 AM

It definitely has been awhile! I will try to get my hands on a good microphone...I don't know if I recorded all my parts yet but I will look that over later next week...busy school time! Anyway, good to see we haven't forgotten about this :)

Indeed, another one should be planned, I purposed a hobbit's only adaption, which would, besides the hobbits, leave only about 3 other roles available in the scene I picked. But we can decide for a different one with a larger cast, if you all wish. We should discuss this as well!

Nogrod 10-09-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewM (Post 569787)
I will try to get my hands on a good microphone...

It would be great if you found one! I really like your acting but the quality of the recordings have been pretty bad.

We will probably have time to make our last parts the next week as well so possibly in two-three weeks (depending on how much I need to edit the music-stuff & how toilsome the final construction work wil be we may have a done thing in our hands!

Gwathagor 10-09-2008 02:42 PM

I have found, Matthew, that getting a new recording program made all the difference that changing microphones did not. I don't know what kind of software you are using, so that might not be the issue at all, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

Nogrod 10-09-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwathagor (Post 569857)
I have found, Matthew, that getting a new recording program made all the difference that changing microphones did not.

As we don't like advertising in this forum but would like to make things happen the best way possible wouldn't you mind PM'ing Matthew for details Gwath? :)

Gwathagor 10-09-2008 02:50 PM

If he's interested, he can ask. It can be had for free on the internet, and so I would hardly call it "advertising."

Nogrod 10-09-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwathagor (Post 569860)
It can be had for free on the internet, and so I would hardly call it "advertising."

I kind of thought of that but tried to be careful... :)

MatthewM 10-09-2008 09:16 PM

I am interested :)

Gwathagor 10-09-2008 11:39 PM

Ok, look up Audacity on the internet. Oddwen actually suggested it a couple of months ago, and I've found that it works pretty well. Like I said, the problem may indeed be your microphone, and this might not help at all - but it made all the difference for me. I don't even have to use a peripheral microphone.

Gwathagor 04-02-2009 06:16 PM

We should make an effort to finish this project. What needs to be done at this point? Has everyone recorded their parts?

Nogrod 04-03-2009 06:20 PM

What needs to be done is just a few lines from the hobbits Lommy and Greenie have said they will make... and one or two evenings of free time for me to actually sit down and to gather it all together (well, free evenings look like a luxury to me but there will be one or two before the summer... there has to be).

Good that you Gwath remided me of this!

We'll make it to be sure, soonish I'd say. There's not too much to do anymore.

Just wait a week or two - or three - and we'll get it done... I hope.

Gwathagor 04-03-2009 08:21 PM

I didn't realize we were so close! If there's anything I can to do help, like recording lines if L and G don't have time, just give me a holler.

Gwathagor 04-03-2009 08:23 PM

Oh yeah, and thanks for being willing to put this all together, Nogrod.

Gwathagor 06-27-2009 11:17 AM

Come on, guys, let's not let this thing die!

Gwathagor 06-27-2009 11:18 AM

In fact, if we're just waiting on some lines being recorded, I could probably get my sisters to help me with that.

Nogrod 06-27-2009 11:44 AM

I'm on a summer vacation right now and have time to do things... :)

I'll have a few things to do which are more pressing than this but I think I could check the situation during the next week. I'll report the situation soonish. I think we don't need much...

Hakon 06-27-2009 02:02 PM

Wow. This looks awesome. How far along is this project? Is there anyway I can participate? I have the entire summer free and I am bored out of my mind, I would really like to help out with this.

Gwathagor 06-27-2009 09:14 PM

Hey, that's great to hear, Nogrod. I look forward to it!

Hakon, I'm sure we could find something for you to - or if not in this project, in the next one. Nogrod has been keeping track of which parts remain to be recorded, so we'll see what he says.

Thinlómien 06-29-2009 05:05 PM

If you want to get this done quick and I'm the only one whose part (Merry) is unrecorded, I'm glad to give my part up and let Hakon do it if it means this will be ready quicker - I'm leaving for InterRail tomorrow and I have no chance before doing my stuff before early August. :)

Nogrod 06-29-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 602065)
If you want to get this done quick and I'm the only one whose part (Merry) is unrecorded, I'm glad to give my part up and let Hakon do it if it means this will be ready quicker

I think we also need Pip... Well oneliners for both of them... I'll check them tomorrow - or the day after that.

Hold your horses! :)

Thinlómien 08-16-2009 08:15 AM

I think Greenie already did Pippin... any progress, btw? ;)

Gwathagor 08-19-2009 10:48 AM

We're so close!

Peregrin Took 08-21-2009 09:22 AM

I personally would love to do Pippin.

Perhaps we should re-think some roles?

I was originally Boromir, but my voice is too youthful, I would think, for such a role. I would much rather be Pippin!

Gwathagor 01-17-2010 10:22 PM

*tap tap tap*

Hello?

Gwathagor 03-27-2010 06:12 PM

Come on, we were so close!

Nogrod 03-27-2010 07:59 PM

I actually talked about this today with Lommy...

I have more or less easier time during April/May so I could try to hunt the files and bring it all together (I actually tried it one time like half a year ago but ran into some difficulties as I haven't kept any systematic log on the files so it takes some time to find the "chosen ones" :))

But yes, let there be a possibility that comes true!

Gwathagor 03-27-2010 10:39 PM

Great!

PrinceOfTheHalflings 03-29-2010 12:08 PM

I wish I'd joined this forum earlier. I could have helped out with this.

Thinlómien 03-29-2010 01:23 PM

Welcome to the 'downs, Prince. :) You can definitely join if there are people who want to do another one.