The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth XVI: No man is an Island (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12506)

malkatoj 01-18-2006 03:37 PM

In an attempt to not fail high school, I'm going to have to vote now so as to get myself off the computer.

Menel, your defense is not as strong as the evidence against you. I apologize if I'm wrong, but you definitely act like a wolf. Your defenses are too much based on how you are, and I, not knowing you, can't be sure that you're telling the truth. Therefore,

++MENELTARMACIL

Kuruharan 01-18-2006 03:42 PM

I don't think I'm going to be able to save myself toDAY and I've got to leave my conncetion.

I cast my protest vote for ++ Amanaduial.

After you have the inevitable nasty shock you are about to get, (and I assume after you get Amanaduial) pay attention to what Rune is saying about Meneltarmacil and malkatoj...although obviously I don't think both are guilty.

Have an eye for Azaelia too.

It's been fun. :p

Meneltarmacil 01-18-2006 03:43 PM

No time to read, no time to review, must vote now.

++Amanduial the Archer

Sorry if I'm wrong.

Amanaduial the archer 01-18-2006 03:56 PM

Meneltarmacil - 1
Kuruharan - 4
Amanaduial - 4

Well, currently you're in line to die having reached 4 votes first, but hey, I'm not sure that won't change - 2 villagers left to vote could make alot of difference. Not sure how you and I came to be directly competing, Kuru - and even if you are a wolf, there's at least one other wolf somewhere in this village who is probably watching the proceedings and cackling gleefully...

Formendacil 01-18-2006 04:01 PM

Despite the revelation of a seer in their midst, contact with the dead did not clarify things for the village much during the fifth day following Formendacil’s death.

“The dead one couldn’t deceive had it wanted to,” explained Lhuna, “but being dead didn’t give it any more insight into the truth of the matter. All that I got out of it was a list of reasons why we ought to take a closer look at Meneltarmacil.”

“I’m innocent,” said Meneltarmacil promptly.

“Well, you would say that, whatever you were,” said Amanaduial dryly.

“Are you saying that you think otherwise?” prodded Kuruharan.

“I’m saying that I agree with the seer,” said Amanaduial.

“Hold on!” said Rune. “That was the dead guy’s advice, not Lhuna’s!”

“Actually, it wouldn’t hurt if we did take a close look at his record- and everyone else’s,” said Alcarillo, a bit over-confident with Lhuna’s declaration of his innocence. Farael looked at him, irritated.

“Are you saying that I’m guilty as well?”

“No reason you couldn’t be,” said Alcarillo. “YOU haven’t been cleared of charges.”

“If I didn’t trust Formendacil’s after-death word…” muttered Farael.

“What?” said Malkatoj, “you’d turn big and hairy and kill us all?”

“That was not called for!” said Farael.

“Over defensive, are we?” said Cailín.

“No, that would be Kuruharan,” said Amanaduial.

“Enough of this,” said Naria, her reputation as a Huntress now taken for granted. “Who are we killing?”

“That’s just a bit too blood-thirsty for my tastes,” said Rune.

“She’s right, though,” said Cailín, “we have to kill somebody.”

“Does anyone other than me ever get the idea that summarily killing somebody every day, when they may or may not be a Werewolf is not exactly morally justified?” said Meneltarmacil. “That maybe we’d be better off in the One’s eyes if we DIDN’T?”

“Why, are you a Werewolf?” asked Farael.

And so the day went on…

The end of the day came, and it was a tied vote between Kuruharan and Amanaduial. The village looked to Alcarillo and Lhunardawen, their proven villagers, to make the choice between.

“After all,” said Farael, “it wouldn’t be ‘morally justifiable’ to kill two…”

Alcarillo and Lhuna looked at each other.

“Erm… How about we flip a coin?” said Alcarillo. For lack of a better idea, Lhuna agreed.

“All right, Heads: we kill Amanaduial, Tails: we kill Kuruharan.”

Alcarillo tossed a silver penny into the air. The village stepped back, and the coin landed on the ground. Lhunardawen bent over it.

“Tails,” she said.

“Grab his axe!” said Meneltarmacil, lunging for it.

“Block his escape!” cried Amanaduial.

“Idiots!” said Kuruharan. “You’re all idiots! I’m as innocent as Alcarillo!”

“Remember what he said about dying not being a part of his plans,” said Naria. “Don’t let him escape!”

“Of course this wasn’t a part of my plans!” said Kuruharan. “But I’m smart enough to see that escape isn’t possible.”

“Still so over defensive,” said Amanaduial, shaking her head.

They brought him up to the hanging tree, put the noose over his neck, and gave him one last chance to speak to them.

“Last words?” said Kuruharan. “I’ve got none. I’m going to Mahal, and that’s it. The rest of you idiots can go to Sauron, or whatever evil spirit will have you.”

And so died Kuruharan, son of Khoreth, son of Kili, of the Line of Durin. His life, they said later, was CURSED, but no evil came of his actions to shame him before his fathers.

DAY 5 is over, NIGHT 6 has begun.

Werewolves, Ranger, Seer, I need your PMs.

Villagers, remain silent.

~Michael A. Joosten - WW XVI Moderator~

Formendacil 01-19-2006 04:02 PM

The Ranger confidently stood guard over the village that was his care, waiting for the morning sun to arise. It had been a quiet night, thus far, and he was confidently expecting it to remain that way.

Such was not to be the case, for the Ranger himself was the target of the Wolves’ murderous intentions that night.

It was a silent attack, cunningly planned. After being driven off by him three nights before, they were wary of his skills. But it was two on one, and the Wolves had the advantage.

There was the faintest of sounds behind him, and the Ranger turned immediately, his hardened senses immediately alert.

And he turned to see one of the mighty werewolves waiting; its eyes glowing in the dark.

The Ranger’s sword flashed in the moonlight as he strode towards the Werewolf. But the noise that he and his prey were making completely masking the sounds of the other Werewolf approaching him from behind. Even as he brought his sword to bear against the one, the other leapt at him, hitting him hard in the back, and biting at his neck.

It was soon over. The Ranger was dead, the sun was rising, and the Werewolves had slipped away, leaving only a piece of parchment behind.

When the village gathered the next morning, they discovered the body of Alcarillo, lying facedown in the village square, a long sword in his hands, bite marks and claw marks marring his body.

Only then did they realize the truth. The greedy moneylender in their midst had been a selfless Ranger of Gondor- and he had just died protecting one of their own.

Getting arrogant, Men of the West? the Werewolves had written.

You shouldn’t be. We’ve just killed the only man in your village who’s successfully stood against us. Your discussions of late have been FAR off course. You’ll never catch us.

The Werewolves in Your Midst

Lhunardawen crumpled the parchment angrily. Her only sure ally had been killed.

Night 6 is over, Day 6 is begun.

You may begin posting.

Those alive:

Meneltarmacil - Creepy Guy on the Edge of Town
Cailin - Noble Kleptomaniac
Azaelia - Town Drunk
Farael - Worm Hunter
Rune – Misplaced Hobbit Peace Activist
Lhunardawen - Potion-Pizza Person
Amanaduial - Northman Travel Guide
Naria - Store Proprietor
Malkatoj – Philosophy Professor

Those dead:

Formendacil - Moderator - Killed by Werewolves, Night 1
Gil-Galad - Shrubber - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 1
Kath - Gongfarmer - Cobbler - Killed by Werewolves, Night 2
Garin - Horse Loaner - Werewolf - Killed by Vilager, Day 2
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper - Ordo - Killed "Accidentally" by Werewolf, Day 2
NIGHT 3 - NO DEATH
Nilpaurion Felagund - Suspicious Carnivore - Ordo - Lynched by Village, Day 3
Valier - Brewmaster - Ordo - Killed by Werewolves, Night 4
TGWBS - Hat Maker - Ordo - Shot by the Village, Day 4
Gurthang - Rancher - Ordo- Killed by Werewolves, Night 5
Kuruharan - Dwarven Alcohol and Weapons Merchant - Cursed (Ordo) - Lynched by Village, Day 5
Alcarillo - Moneylender - Ranger - Killed by Werewolves, Night 6

Formendacil 01-19-2006 04:07 PM

Daylight Saving Time

Attention villagers,

I have already hinted at the fact that toDAY might have some unusual hours, due to the burp in my schedule that manifested itself earlier this week.

Today, Day 6 of the game, will therefore run for an extra 6.5 hours, coming to a halt at 9:30 pm, my time.

This is: 11:30 pm EST,
or 4:30 am GMT.

Now, this will admittedly make things a bit different. I wish I could say that my whole purpose of the shakeup was to change the voting patterns a little, but that's not the case. Those of you in North America will undoubtedly find the change beneficial, those of you in Europe not so much.

Night 7 will take place from the end of Day 6 until the normal starting time of Day 7, and will therefore be 6.5 hours shorter than a normal night.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I hope this explanation is clear.

~Michael A. Joosten - WW XVI Moderator~

Cailín 01-19-2006 04:21 PM

Oh no.

We lost our Ranger… and got a new one. And though I am happy Lhuna is alive, this means we shall have no reliable Seer dreams anymore if we don’t manage to catch a wolf. And it is getting more perilous.

I thought Kuruharan was innocent and should probably have sticked with my impulse. However, I am grateful we never trusted him, for otherwise the wolves would surely have gone after him and instead of some nice dwarven meat would have found a powerful ally.

We have nine people left, of which we know two definite innocents. The new Ranger can protect Lhuna again, and will have to do so. We need to keep her alive as long as possible. Naria will thus probably die toNight and there’s no way we can stop this. However, she will be able to take someone down with her. We have to carefully consider who that is going to be. It may absolutely not be the new Ranger! I’d sooner offer myself as a shoot-ee. But I personally prefer it to be one of the following: Meneltarmacil, Amanaduial or Malkatoj.

Lhuna – can you tell us anything?

So, we basically have two wolves versus seven innocents. For at least two more nights, assuming the wolves do not find the new Ranger, we have two known innocents. This, however, is not enough. We have to find ourselves a wolf and rather toDay than tomorrow.

The people left:

Meneltarmacil – Definitely on our to-lynch list, I suppose. Despite the arguments he offers in his defence, we cannot trust him. The case Lhuna made against him yesterday is not flawless, but interesting enough.
Cailin – Cannot say anything about me other than the things I’ve said before.
Azaelia – I have doubts concerning her. Yet I still believe her to be innocent.
Farael – I more or less trust Farael, though later votes are somewhat strange.
Rune – Also one I consider innocent.
Lhunardawen – Beloved Seer.
Amanaduial – I shall say it again: Amanaduial may be innocent, but I don’t trust her. Absolutely not.
Naria – Much Questioned Hunter. Hunter, though, no doubt.
Malkatoj – Silent and sneaky, none contributive. A dangerous possible wolf.

What will analysis yet do for us? I don’t know. Tomorrow, however, I have the entire day off and therefore will no doubt provide ample far fetched theories to keep us confused and puzzled for a few more days. And hopefully, we will finally spot the wolves hiding among us.

Good Night, dears!

((Ai, Form, not liking the new times here. :( Know it cannot be helped, though))

Amanaduial the archer 01-19-2006 05:12 PM

Yeah, the times could be a small problem for me too, but not much I guess: it just means a shortened Night which, as it's uneventful, isn't a problem, and that I won't be present probably for most of that extra 6 and a half hours... Hope your schedule sorts itself out for the better, O Mighty Moderacil.

Ouchie...looks like our advantage when the wolves took out their own Cursed one two nights ago has somewhat been weighed out in that we've just lost our most important asset: the Ranger. Seems that revealing his innocence may have been just a little too revealing, Lhuna, kinda made him an obvious target for the wolves, whoever they are on the game: saved him from the villagers but opened him riiight up to the wolves, rather a double edged sword if that's the correct phrase - still, at least we have an apprentice to replace him. Now for Eru's sake, keep your nose clean and don't give yourself away as well! :)

Cailin, I agree with your logic in basis, but am not sure that the Seer would actually be the best one to protect tonight - surely the Ranger is a more important asset? But also more risky: we know for sure that Lhuna is Seer, whilst anyone of the rest of us could now be a wolf (bar, we still assume for the basis of clinging onto what we have, Naria), so at least Lhuna would be a sure one to protect. And with so few people left, she must only have a few people left to ask about, which is another plus when there are so few people remaining in the game. Tough dilemma for the new Ranger there... Lhuna, again I'm with Cailin: any news?

Hmm. Now onto the rest of the village... Unfortunately, I am getting more and more lost by the minute: my main suspects keep being proved innocent, thus making me feel a bit silly and also rather useless. Sorry... Certainly compiling a case for today may take a little longer: I want to get one right toDay, there's no time for any more mistakes...

Here is a very preliminary rundown on my feelings

Cailin: I know I questioned this as being a reasonable way of thinking earlier, but I have actually got a feeling about Cailin that she's probably innocent. I don't know: maybe it's because she is so very constant - her prescence is somehow somewhat reasurring. Watch that backfire if she turns out to be a wolf. But as her feelings on me have reversed themselves, mine are rather doing the same: I can't help getting actually less suspicious of her. But like I say, that is only a feeling - lordy knows, she could still be a wolf :rolleyes:

Lhuna: Well, she ain't even a consideration, for obvious reasons. 'Beloved seer' indeed.

Meneltarmacil: hmm. General consensus seems to be that this is a guilty party, and indeed, I am entirely uncertain about Meneltarmacil, the most recent considerations in my mind being those arguments rather convincingly presented by Lhuna, and the fact that, actually, Menel has hardly defended himself. At all. And he seems even more determined (even than me! ;)) to play devil's advocate to himself, which is, I agree, a little puzzling. Worried about this one: if I had a 'to lynch' list, as Cailin puts it there, he'd be pretty darn high up.

Amanaduial: Not sure I can give an entirely objective view on this one...

Naria: Hunter, allegedly, and I'm afraid I'm just having to come to accept this one, although it is not yet fact in my mind. But I can't really find anything solid against her, leastways not enough to make a vote on.

Malkatoj: her behaviour could certainly be considered erratic, but I didn't consider it quite strange enough to review particularly until general suspicion seemed to grow - I must say, I was not immediately struck by her oddness myself. Problem: her general absence makes it difficult to determine whether her behaviour is in fact a result of wolfishness or simply harriedness over a lack of time. However, I will have to maybe do myself a wee bit of studying as to the Nature of Malka over the next Day, see whether I can make up my mind either way.

Farael: I don't think I'm currently awake enough to post anything coherent concerning my views on him. Schleeeeepy... Like Malka, I will need to some some review-age tomorrow. Ditto to Rune really, although the latter is far less likely to be a wolf, I need to have a look - see if I can dredge something up from the posts...

Azaelia: a totally unknown quantity. Absolutely no idea about this one.

And now I must sleeeeeep. Good wolf-catching to you all then, until I return later.

Meneltarmacil 01-19-2006 06:42 PM

I am not guilty of wolvishness. I'm serious, I'm not a wolf.

Amanduial the archer on the other hand, bears watching, mostly due to her frantic defense of Garin.

I'll post later when I've completed some work I have to get done.

Farael 01-19-2006 09:03 PM

I am afraid I cannot say for sure that I will be available today (game day) as I'm fairly tired now and I have a busy day tomorrow which might not end until late in the evening, so keep that in mind if I do not respond to anyone's criticism.... now on to the suspecting

We know now that Kuruharan was the cursed, and he made a big case against Amanduial... now, I guess someone (probably Amanduial herself) will say that we cannot trust him, as he was the cursed, yet what would the cursed's goal be?

From the beginning Kuruharan was very vocal and loud, so I would say he was trying to get noticed by the wolves.... and what would make him liable to be devoured by night? Pointing his cursed finger at a real wolf. So I say, Kuruharan might have been on to something when he argued against Amanduial and I think we should get rid of her tonight.

Furthermore, she STILL does not trust Naria, who by the time I believe everyone has accepted her to be the Hunter (everyone but Amanduial that is) and I still find her not-complete denial of being the Hunter a little fishy.

She is still the top suspect in my list and even if at the moment I'm far too tired to make a good review of her posts, I'd like to remind you all to keep an eye on her. With Kuruharan gone she might be the most vocal today.

(Note: Please Amanduial forgive me if I said something that sounded even remotely offensive... not meant at all, I'm just expressing my suspicions)

Farael 01-19-2006 09:06 PM

This is really scary.... not only I read Amanduial's answer on the game thread but also Moderacil's description and for some reason I still thought that the Cursed knew he was cursed... disregard my first comment about him wanting to be caught, but even more so, he probably thought Amanduial was a wolf anyway. So I guess my point remains.

Sorry if my previous post got confusing, I guess I'm too tired

malkatoj 01-19-2006 09:08 PM

Farael, I'm under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Cursed does not know that he's cursed unless the wolves kill him. Sorry to shoot down your idea, and sorry again if I'm wrong.

Mostly dead right now and still have an essay to write, but I'll have some coherent thoughts put together by voting time.

Lhunardawen 01-20-2006 01:37 AM

I'm sure the weariness you all feel is not just the result of the dreaded sickness called RL (something similar to timezones, I suppose), but also of the peril we continue to face after almost a week. I would have made you all a special lembas potion pizza to keep you going until just a few more Days but alas! I myself am very tired already. I'm almost hoping that I was the one killed instead of Alcarillo, just so I could finally have my rest for all eternity. Speaking of our dear Ranger, I had a feeling I shouldn't reveal his innocence for fear of the werewolves going after him, but I felt that I have no choice. Thank Eru for the Apprentice, and I would ask them to stay as hidden as possible without attracting suspicion from the rest of us. If we are about to lynch you, I guess we have no choice but to allow you to speak up.

Now, we must forget all weariness for the meantime. We have work to do.

Despite the obvious relief we feel that we lynched Kuruharan before the werewolves got to him, we shouldn't forget that he's still an innocent as far as we're all concerned. With that said I'm sure at least one of the wolves voted for him. Perhaps the other one voted for Aman, but I shall speak of that in a minute.

I now realized that it was a good thing I haven't dreamt of Kuru after all, or else the werewolves would have gotten to him as soon as I revealed his innocence. And all throughout the game I've been wondering why the werewolves never attacked him in the first place. They knew he was innocent, and so they should have killed him right away knowing he would make a formidable foe. I think that uncovering possible motives for not killing him on a Night will take us a step closer to finding out the wolves. Any ideas?

The voting went this way yesterDay:
Zali - Kuru
Lhuna - Kuru
Farael - Aman
Naria - Aman
Aman - Kuru
Cailin - Kuru
malka - Menel
Kuru - Aman
Menel - Aman
Rune and Alcarillo - no vote

If Aman really is a wolf, I guess Menel's vote incriminates himself. With Kuru already having four votes cast against him, he was the sure lynchee for the Day, and Menel could have just voted for Aman without really endangering her. However, there were at least fifteen minutes left when Menel voted, so it was still possible for Aman to be lynched.

Now consider that Rune did not vote yesterDay. We could believe his RL excuse, or maybe we could not. But just one thing I have to ask you, Rune, is this:
Quote:

People I belive innocent:

Luhna and only Luhna.
While it felt good to me at that time to know that someone completely believes in my innocence, now I find myself wary. How were you able to ascertain my innocence when I was pretty much being suspected by everybody?

At this point I am inclined to think Cailin, Farael, Naria, and Zali innocent. Rune has some questions to answer, but minus that I still think he's innocent. malka is completely unknown and must be assumed suspicious until proven innocent. Those on our urgent lynch list are Menel and Aman, and I'm more prepared to lynch Menel than Aman toDay.

Lhunardawen 01-20-2006 01:47 AM

Look at this...our wolves have committed a stupidity.

If they have killed Naria the Hunter last Night, Hunter would have been our Apprentice's role now. And with me and Alcarillo proven innocents, they would have killed the two of us one after the other, with no one but the Hunter left as a gifted.

I was completely convinced that our wolves are brilliant or at least very good in hiding, but now I see that they're not really very bright at all. :p

But look again...they could have been worried that Naria's huntee would be one of them, and so decided not to kill her. And who is Naria's most-likely huntee last Night? Aman. After all, she voted for her.

Then again, this could be a way for them to set Aman up.

Just something for you guys to think about.

Lhunardawen 01-20-2006 02:59 AM

Blame it on my timezones.

This will be my last post before the day ends where I am, unless some miracle occurs.

I know it will surprise all of you - except the wolves , if ever, of course - but I have reason to believe that Aman is innocent. At least this is the verdict that one of the most reliable (though dead) villagers reached when I asked him about her (and no, it's not Kuru).

First, her votes are consistent - albeit consistently wrong: Kuru, Lhuna, Lhuna, Naria, Kuru. We'd expect a more erratic voting pattern for a wolf which usually includes one fellow wolf, whereas all of Aman's votes so far are directed at innocents (I'm no longer doubting Naria).

And second, no one had voted for her prior to yesterDay. Again, we'd expect wolf-on-wolf voting for cover, at least on the first Days.

Of course after she had come under heavy fire the past Day I don't expect you to release your suspicions of her just yet. But right now, I think it's better for us to lynch Menel instead of her...unless something interesting that sounds like "I'm a wolf!" comes up in my absence. And whatever happens, I expect you loyal villagers to do what you know must be done for the good of the village. Anyone who does otherwise shall face my terrible wrath.

I shall be back a few hours ere the Day ends (which is practically tomorrow before noon, GMT+8) to see what transpires and to cast my vote. Innocents, take care of the village in my absence.

Cailín 01-20-2006 04:26 AM

Quote:

Cailin, I agree with your logic in basis, but am not sure that the Seer would actually be the best one to protect tonight - surely the Ranger is a more important asset?
Hmm no, Aman. First, a Ranger cannot protect himself... and second, what good is a Ranger when he does no other job than saving himself Night after Night? Besides, we need Lhuna around if we manage to kill a wolf and have again a completely reliable source, so there is no other possible scenario for toNight. Even though you may not have accepted Naria as the Hunter yet, the rest of us have, which makes her too dangerous for the wolves to stay alive.

So toDay we're deciding on both a lynchee and a huntee. Of course, Naria has the final say in the huntee, but I fear she might decide to actually shoot the Apprentice / Ranger, so it would be a good thing for her to make her huntee public. If the wolves then do not kill her toNight, that would also suggest she has picked the right target.

For now I argee with Lhuna and say we kill Menel toDay and hunt Aman during the Night (sorry, guys). But I wish to analyse all our quiet ones first so I may once more remember why we do not suspect them and if that is fair. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that we may be on the wrong track entirely, so no one is going to escape having his posts reviewed toDay.

Amanaduial the archer 01-20-2006 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I was completely convinced that our wolves are brilliant or at least very good in hiding, but now I see that they're not really very bright at all.

Ooh, she's scathing! I shouldn't think insulting them would be the best thing, they'll come after you just because of injured pride! But indeed, that is at best rather careless of the wolves - but personally I wouldn't regard it as suspicious, I do view it as probably just being a slipup. Now, maybe that's just me being biased because, as Lhuna said, the survival of Naria who voted for me yesterday does somewhat seem to incriminate me - but please, survey the following the following voting logic from post #392:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naria
I am on the fence with both of them but more inclined to go with Aman, since I'm not convinced that she believes in my innocence(from yesterday's vote & post and today's posts)and would gladly watch me hang.

This certainly gives the impression that, basically, I get Naria's vote because she sees me as a threat to her personally from the village: I consider her suspicious therefore she tried to take me out in order to protect herself. Now, while this definitely does absolutely nothing to assuage my own personal suspicions of Naria (alright, there were fading, but right now? Shootin' up again ;)), it should at least act as some defence of me: Naria didn't so much vote for me because she thought I was a wolf, more because I was a threat to her. This may be wrong, she didn't make a very long post yesterday so I'm working with what I've got, but hey, that's my take on it. Maybe Malkatoj would be a more worthy object of our suspicion based on Naria's post: where Naria voted for me seemingly purely to protect herself from my suspicions (I had voiced suspicions about her and therefore, as a fellow villager, I posed a 'threat'), she also voiced suspicions about Malka, but did not, I deem, make the reasons quite clear enough.

Maybe she was simply going on other people's suspicons on this shady character, but other people have already voiced concern about Malka - but none of us can really find enough evidence against her. Or really any substantial evidence at all. Often the most we can amount it to is a 'bad feeling', and I'm not sure that really can stand up strongly enough when it's a life or death situation. Certainly, Malka bears post analysis, although I don't have time to do it now. Similarly Azaelia definitely bears analysis: where Malka has got the rather rough end of the stick based on her silence and is being considered guilty until proven innocent, general consensus on Azaelia seems to be that she is innocent until proven guilty, again based on her silence. Is she a wolf staying low, or merely with limited computer access? Hmm.

No more time right now, sorry - I must fly, for The Miller's Tale calls...

Cailín 01-20-2006 06:14 AM

Amanaduial - please accept Naria's innocence. If she were not an innocent, the real Hunter would have come out and said something a long time ago since we then would have been able to catch a wolf. I know you are inexperienced, but this should seem rather logical even to someone who has never played before. Our Gifteds are no use when they stay hidden if they know a wolf. That's what the game's all about: catching wolves, and your stubbornness on this account is highly alarming. Small wonder Naria decided to vote for you. You will make things a lot easier on yourself if you can accept Naria as a known innocent. :)

Now to business:

Rune

#70, 72

In character Day 1 posts

Agrees with Gurthang’s famous Seer plan.

Expresses desire to vote for someone on the Nilp wagon. Quoting:

Quote:

Naria
Malkatoj
Gíl-Galad

I have left Luhna out for now because she was the first to vote for Nilp (not counting him self)and because she tend to get annoyed by people acting like Nilp.
Interesting because Rune seems to be defending Lhuna from the start.

First to vote for Gil, second wagon.

Day 2

Nothing much, explicitly does not clear Menel.

Nothing, really.

Suspects Garin and Meneltarmacil.

Lightly suspects Malkatoj.

Quote:

Quote:

This is why I will not write Menel off as inoccent, actually I need the seer's word before I belive in the inoccens of anyone.

Luhna if you are a wolf I will start weeping for once again I am convinced of you innocens!
Now is not this odd??

Further says to be wanting to vote for Menel or Garin. Possibly Malka as well.

Votes for Garin. I’m not sure how I feel about this. Both Lhuna and me had two votes by then, so Rune was tying the scores. Might be he felt me or Lhun would gather more votes anyway and this would clear him in the future.

Further defends Lhuna.

Day 3

Claims we hurt his brain.

Agrees Nilp’s death might be telling.
TGWBS is too neutral.
Lhuna has finally managed to make him doubt her innocence.
Still suspects Menel and Malkatoj.
Does not know about Kuru, clears Valier.

Votes for Malkatoj, believes Nilp is innocent.

Day 4

Understands why wolves chose Valier. Is glad he is mentioned too. (though he is really only mentioned by people who are convinced of his innocence).

Is sooner prepared to believe me the Hunter than Naria. Is thus willing to vote for:

TGWBS
Naria
Menel
Malkatoj

Believes still in Menel and Malka’s guilt.

Too confused about TGWBS to vote. Votes Malkatoj instead.

Day 5

Keeps insisting we should consider Malkatoj.

Again, all about Menel and Malkatoj. At least he’s consistent.

Little fight with Malkatoj here. Believes Malkatoj should be on our to-lynch list, to put it in my own words.

--

For now, Rune seems as innocent as they come and I think we should try listening to him when it comes to Malkatoj and Meneltarmacil. Should these two prove to be innocent, we can always take a second look at Rune. For now, however, I'll trust Rune as much as I can. Though I do want an answer to one question: what made you so sure of Lhuna's innocence?

Cailín 01-20-2006 06:46 AM

Malkatoj

Day 1

Typical Day one post. Playfully accuses Farael and Eluchil.

Thinks Menel should perhaps not be so random.

Fourth to vote for Nilpaurion Felagund. Claims to have no better idea plus the overly familiar strange feeling.

Day 2

Defends her vote by saying she cross-posted (though a third vote is as bandwagon-ish as a fourth on Day 1).

Quote:

(Note: I am a student, and my time is therefore limited. With an earlier voting deadline, I'll almost always have to post my votes early and therefore with less evidence or reasoning than others who have time later may have. I'm in EST, by the way.)
Malkatoj, I mean nothing offensive by this, but look at Nilp or Lhuna’s votes – they are always early, but basically never unreasoned.

Suspects Menel and TGWBS for voting for Gil.

Considering your earlier quote, this seems strange to say:

Quote:

Anyway, I find both Lhunardawen and Alcarillo's early votes suspicious. Neither of them have a lot of (or any) reasoning behind them.
Suspects Alca, votes for Lhunardawen.

Defends herself and her silence again.

Day 3

Suspects TGWBS, Alcarillo, Lhunardawen, Nilpaurion Felagund and Gurthang. All known innocents now. Would a wolf not at least include its fellow to provide some cover? Possibly not.

Thinks one of the people who voted for Garin might have been a wolf:

Farael
Rune
Azaelia
Valier
Kuruharan
Gurthang

Tells zombie Eluchil to stay dead.

Votes for TGWBS (because he’s silent, and how ironic)

No posts on Day 4

Day 5

Continues ranting about lack of time and some curious place called school.

Continues defending herself. Suspects Meneltarmacil and Amanaduial.

Votes for Menel.

--

Not a whole lot to go on, but then again, Rune has not posted much either and yet provides better reasoning and all together seems far more innocent. High school can be harsh, Malka, but you could still be a wolf who finds this forced absense all too convenient. I would consider Malkatoj for the gallows toDay.

Cailín 01-20-2006 07:00 AM

I'm starting to feel rather weary of scrutinizing posts for clues for now... So here's my midday review and I hope to see more useful posts from others later on.

Known Innocents

Lhunardawen
Naria
Cailín
(again, personal, of course)

Probably Innocent

Rune

Don't knows

Azaelia
Farael

Suspicious

Amanaduial
Malkatoj
Meneltarmacil

Though anyone besides those in the first category could yet be guilty. I have officially stopped underestimating each and every one of you.

My proposed strategy - also for now:

Lynch Malkatoj toDay. Even if she turns out to be innocent, her continued absense is not very helpful. If Malkatoj turns out to be a wolf, I'd feel a lot better about some of the others - like Rune for example, and everyone who has been on her case since the beginning.

If Malkatoj is a wolf, hunt Amanaduial during the Night. Their lack of mentioning each other is highly disturbing and leads me to believe they might be allies during Night time.

If Malkatoj is innocent, hunt Meneltarmacil or possibly still Amanaduial.

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-20-2006 08:41 AM

Quote:

Now consider that Rune did not vote yesterDay. We could believe his RL excuse, or maybe we could not. But just one thing I have to ask you, Rune, is this:

While it felt good to me at that time to know that someone completely believes in my innocence, now I find myself wary. How were you able to ascertain my innocence when I was pretty much being suspected by everybody?
Well It is a long time since now and I can of course not remember my thoughts at that exact moment, I guess you will have to settle with a strange explanation. Lhuna have I not allways been able to tell if you where innocent or not? Three villages have we been in and in every one of them I have declared that you are the only one I belive to be innocent. (It has cost me my life two times, you are a dangerous acquaintance miss Lhuna) The only time I questioned it was when you had your neurvos brake down. I guess it is your logic that strikes me as beeing very like mine, maybe logic is not the word. I get you thoughts, now that allsi sounded wrong. I hope you know what I mean.

I have not postet before, because I have had nothing to say at all, as allways I want to vote Malkatoj or Menel.

P.S. As I said in the paning thread I fell asleep in front of the cpu, I was very sick remember. (about me not voting)

Amanaduial the archer 01-20-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

If Malkatoj is a wolf, hunt Amanaduial during the Night. Their lack of mentioning each other is highly disturbing and leads me to believe they might be allies during Night time.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailin (about Malka's posting)

Continues defending herself. Suspects Meneltarmacil and Amanaduial.

Hmm. Plus see my last post and one of the posts of yesterday. Hardly not mentioning her...

Cailín 01-20-2006 02:07 PM

Why so silent everyone?

I realise you are mentioning each other now - Aman - you could hardly avoid to now you're both under much suspicion, but most of the times wolves avoid explicitly naming each other, specially the first few days. It took Malkatoj very long to suspect you and you have not named her often, either.

Cailín 01-20-2006 02:16 PM

I'm going out now - I shall return at about 11PM GMT to cast my vote.

I hope to see some posts and possibly clever insights from Malkatoj, Azaelia, Menel and Naria by then, because I cannot analyse an entire game by myself (and this criticism is not meant for Aman or Lhuna).

Meneltarmacil 01-20-2006 02:18 PM

My vote for Aman was because I genuinely suspected her, and I fully intend to vote for her toDay as well. Her fierce defense of Garin prior to hs lynching was the main evidence.

*heh heh*

And I might also add that circumstances had me pressed for time there.

*hee hee*

EDIT: Forgot to finish a sentence.

Naria 01-20-2006 02:46 PM

Hi, I'm here finally. Sorry about the late post, busy day. I know a few of you are waiting to see who my "hunte" is going to be, but alas I'm not going to make it that obvious till I vote. I haven't really done an analyses yet since some of you have done just a wonderful job. I think I'll give it a go today:

Menel- My suspicions of him are growing in light of Luna's dream and his past posts. He also is just now declared his innocence, vaguely and without "heart" I might add. He has yet to bring me up as the Hunter; I'm thinking that he either doesn't really care or he doesn't want to bring attention to himself that I would look at. High on my list.

Cailin- Hmmm, she has defended me adamentally since I have said that I'm the Hunter. Although I am grateful for that I can't help it think that maybe it's a crafty ww plot. It would make sense. I would in turn think that she must be an ordo if she is going to "help" me like that and ya know what, I did. But I started to think maybe that's exactly what she wanted me to believe. I really want to believe in her innocence. So not too high on my list

Azaleia- I, like the rest of you, don't have too much to go on here. I have looked through her posts and found nothing suspicious to me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. So not high on my list.

Farael- He has been low on my radar since day 1. And that would be the only reason for suspicion. No one has suspected him or even voted for him. It makes me just a little nervous that's all. Not high on my list.

Rune- Same comment for him as I did for Farael. Except for a few banterings back and forth. I would like to think him as innocent as well. Not high on my list.

Lhuna- Our most wise seer, need I say more? Innocent.

Aman- Since she has already had a complete analyses done on her I shant go and do it again, besides her posts are usually reeeally long. I don't know why she hasn't accepted that I'm the Hunter and because of that my suspicions of her are lessening. If she were a ww why would she want me to die?Wouldn't that be suicidal for her? She's either a sneaky critter or an ordo that truly doesn't believe me. However, I can't blow off what other's have said and almost no defence by her. Still high on my list.

Naria- Hunter with time tick'n on a pick!! YiKEs

Malka- For now I don't know about her. Nothing has stood out for me in her posts. It's almost like she really doesn't want too be here or she doesn't want to take the chance on incriminating herself by writing too much. hmmm. ww? high on my list.

That looks to be about it. I know I didn't do that great of a job for an analyses, blame it on inexperience. I will wait for a bit before casting my vote.

Meneltarmacil 01-20-2006 03:05 PM

Might as well get my vote out of the way, heh heh.

++Amanduial the archer

And Naria, I did in fact think you were the Hunter.

Azaelia of Willowbottom 01-20-2006 03:44 PM

Well, the extra time is nice, especially since I haven't had a chance to log on so far toDay.

So about me first. I've voted the wrong way twice (which I mainly blame on having to vote so early), so I resolve to be much more careful toDay.

So here we go... Analysis.

Innocent
Naria and Lhuna, obviously.
And me.

Not suspicious/Very little suspicion
Cailin-She seems very reasonable to me. Her posts make good sense and so far she has not set off any red flags, of the big or small variety
Rune-He hasn't given me any reason to suspect him so far, either. Again, he comes off as reasonable.
Farael-I'm still watching him, but I have decided to relegate him to low suspicion standing, as in unless any drastic twists happen, I won't vote for him toDay. The only thing I was really suspicious of was his call for Lhuna to reveal herself, and he hasn't done anything wolfish since then.

I suspect...
Amanaduial-I went back through her posts and am confused. I also really don't like her refusal to outright say that Naria is the hunter or her continued suspicion of our hunter. Perhaps you see her as a danger to your own cover?
Meneltarmacil - Simply the fact that he came out of the tie alive casts him in a suspicious light. The wolves left him alive for a reason, and perhaps it was because the Wolves wanted someone to distract us villagers from the true culprit, Aman...Though either person out of the lynch alive could have done that.

Entirely unknown
Malkatoj-I do not like suspecting someone simply on the grounds of silence...so as long as there is someone else in my suspicion category, no vote from me. I will be reading what few posts Malka makes with care, though.

My suggested strategy for today, at the risk of sounding bloodthirsty...
Lynch Aman today, because I feel more suspicion toward her (Menel is only suspicious to me because he came out of the tie alive), then hunt Menel during the night...If the hunter is not killed, we can begin to believe that he really is a wolf. (Or that the wolves are cleverer than that...).
I'd also suggest for the Seer to gather information on him at night, as well, but that strategy may be superfluous since we'll at least find out something from the hunter's state of being.

Or the other way 'round: lynch Menel, then hunt Aman. It amounts to about the same thing.

Either way, one of them will get my vote today.

OK, my strategy definitely sounded better in my head...*headdesk*

malkatoj 01-20-2006 03:46 PM

Voting time!

My suspicions from yesterday remain, and nothing especially exciting has happened today, so

++MENELTARMACIL.

Naria 01-20-2006 03:53 PM

I'm going to stick to my vote and theory concerning Aman.

++Amanaduial

Amanaduial the archer 01-20-2006 04:15 PM

Argh, Menel, it is frustrating the way you don't seem to want to full qualify any of your decisions...

++Meneltarmacil

I apologise for this being such a short post, but my laptop is about to die and my little sister is holding the charger hostage, hence I probably won't be able to post again. So if this is goodbye, hey, I'm sorry it isn't more spectacular: I merely ask you to do your duty, and not to make the wrong choice by voting for me. I have no time to defend myself now, there is much I would like to add. But please, review with an unbiased eye...

Cailín 01-20-2006 04:38 PM

I have to vote now and I just don't know anymore! I've made the wrong call so often now that I can hardly make my decision. It will be between Amanaduial and Menel toDay, that much I can gather from the voting and I shall therefore not be a coward and vote for someone else. Please look at Malkatoj tomorrow, if I'm not there anymore (I doubt it because I still think it's most likely the wolves will go for our Hunter next - though they might attempt to catch the ex-Apprentice).

And now I shall do something I have never done before and you shall probably never see me doing again. Trust to fate. *rolls a die* It is:

Amanaduial

But, and this is going to sound silly, as I was writing her name down, I got a bad feeling. And I think that says more than any random roll of dice.

++MENELTARMACIL

You must be a wolf. At least, I very much hope you are. And if you're not, you're a creep anyway.

I hope I did not confuse or puzzle you all too much with this post. Good luck and I pray you all vote wisely. Also, Naria, I trust you make the right decision toNight. :)

Azaelia of Willowbottom 01-20-2006 04:58 PM

Well...The voting so far stands

Aman-2 (menel and Naria)
Menel-3 (Malka, Aman, and Cailin)

I must say, Menel's pretty-much unexplained vote for Aman has given me pause. In the meantime, I'm going to withold voting for now, since it still feels early in relation to the length of time we have. But I'm definitely leaning more toward Menel than I was before.

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-20-2006 05:03 PM

How I Rate People
by Rune

Lhuna and Naria = Innocent.

Cailin - Seems pretty Innocent to me, but if Menel or Malkatoj turn out not beeing wolves I will be ready to rethink this.

Farael - I have no clue. I have not really payed any atention to him and that allways worries me.

Amanaduial- All the talk that have concerned her of late have made me rethink my opinion of her. Might be a wolf, but I got she will not be on my list right away

Azaelia - Seems innocent to me.

My two top suspects remains Meneltarmacil and Malkatoj.

++Meneltarmacil

Azaelia of Willowbottom 01-20-2006 05:28 PM

I've done some more thinking...and I have decided that Menel seems most wolfish....Unexplained votes are a pet peeve of mine, especially this far from Day 1. I am willing to let Aman's largely-unexplained vote for Menel go because she posted saying that she legitimately had reasons but had no time to write them. I still recommend that you hunt Aman, Naria, but I'm sure you have your own strategy planned out and all ;)

So without further ado, a vote for

++Menel

Lhunardawen 01-20-2006 08:34 PM

Menel - Aman
malka - Menel
Naria - Aman
Aman - Menel
Cailín - Menel
Rune - Menel
Zali - Menel

So the voting's down to me and Farael, and if I'm not mistaken he said he won't be able to post toDay. So it's down to just me.

Even if I vote for Aman, Menel will still be our lynchee. And right now I'm not exactly worried about having him lynched. If he really is our second wolf, does anyone have any suggestions about who the subject of my next dream should be? I'm thinking malka, but you might have better ideas.

And if Menel's not a wolf - we should be looking at the silent ones, especially Zali and malka, perhaps even Rune and Farael even if I still can't picture them as our remaining wolves. And if ever they are, well, I'll hate them for the rest of my life. :p And if one of them turns out to be Cailín, however unlikely...

I'm still not very sure about Aman.

Naria, please choose your next huntee well. I'm not sure if I will die toNight, but hopefully I don't if Menel turns out to be a wolf. And please hope that I ask him the right question, in that case.

++MENELTARMACIL

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-20-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Menel - Aman
does anyone have any suggestions about who the subject of my next dream should be? I'm thinking malka, but you might have better ideas.

I think Malkatoj would be an exelent choise, if neiter her or Menel turn out to be wolfs I will kill my self.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
And if Menel's not a wolf - we should be looking at the silent ones, especially Zali and malka, perhaps even Rune and Farael even if I still can't picture them as our remaining wolves. And if ever they are, well, I'll hate them for the rest of my life. :p

I think you would be in title to do so; infact if I will hate my self for the rest of my life, if I turn out a wolf. Imagin not telling my self of such a thing. (this was just a silly remark, please do not be confused and kill me)

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-20-2006 08:46 PM

Sorry for dubble posting.

Lhuna you seem to have made a mistake. Malkatoj votet Meneltarmacil just like last Day.

Lhunardawen 01-20-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I think Malkatoj would be an exelent choise, if neiter her or Menel turn out to be wolfs I will kill my self.

I'll hold you to that, Rune. ;)

Quote:

I think you would be in title to do so; infact if I will hate my self for the rest of my life, if I turn out a wolf. Imagin not telling my self of such a thing. (this was just a silly remark, please do not be confused and kill me
Imagine being a wolf without knowing it... :D

Sorry. I need a bit of a laugh, you know.

Quote:

Lhuna you seem to have made a mistake. Malkatoj votet Meneltarmacil just like last Day.
Why, I have! You really can't blame me for that, can you? I've been under much stress...

I wonder what this means, further cover for herself? After all it's nearly the end, for good or ill...