The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Telephone. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13160)

THE Ka 08-18-2007 05:05 PM

:) This had a lovely ending!

Though, I might as well clear up some of my madness. Not all of it, just some mind you...

Quote:

Arwen's little business affair was going well as long as the reporters didn't know she was selling her Mystic Middle-Earth Stuff to goblins and fools in front of the Cecily Café.
I read 'out of this world', and got the idea from one of my favourite television shows, Northern Exposure. The reason being, is that it is based in a fictional town of Cicely, Alaska (Yes, I only realized after I had sent the reply in that I had been a dunce and incorrectly spelled the town...:().
Anyways, it is filmed in Roslyn, Washington, though many people think that it's a lost little section of Alaska situated in an entirely different area. So, I played on the joke of an 'alternative universe' of Cicely.

Also, the violent child on the left of the table is Max. He doesn't have the Wild Things with him, sorry.

The rest is an absolute mystery, since I don't want to give it all away, which is a bore. :p

Though, something is troubling me. Why can't Nazgul go to art school? Is it because they can't comprehend Expressionism fully?

~ Ka

Hookbill the Goomba 08-25-2007 02:00 PM

So... Does any one want another game, or has everyone lost interest? :(

The Elf-warrior 08-25-2007 07:17 PM

I'm interested, and I'd vastly prefer to write.

Aganzir 08-26-2007 02:32 AM

I'm in, drawing.

Thinlómien 08-26-2007 07:31 AM

Cheer up, Hookbill! :)

I'm in as well and I'd prefer drawing....

Finduilas 08-26-2007 09:57 AM

I would be interested in joining. I would prefer writing, since I don't think I would be able to figure out how to do pictures on the computer.

Firefoot 08-26-2007 10:11 AM

I'll hop in on this round. I'd prefer writing.

Hookbill the Goomba 08-26-2007 10:29 AM

Jolly good.

- Aganzir - Draw
- The Elf-warrior - Write
- Thinlómien - Draw
- Rikae - Draw
- Finduilas - Write
- ???? - Draw
- Firefoot - Write
-
-
-
-
-

Rikae 08-26-2007 12:30 PM

Sign me up! Draw, write, it's all the same to me...

Gil-Galad 08-26-2007 10:38 PM

i'm in for writing

THE Ka 08-27-2007 12:25 AM

Might as well join again. I enjoy this game of ironic point and purpose. :p
I am in for writing or drawing, I don't mind which.

~ Ka

Hookbill the Goomba 08-27-2007 01:13 AM

Excellent! We just need one more Drawing person and we cant get underway on another decent into madness.

- Aganzir - Draw
- Thinlómien - Draw
- Rikae - Draw
- Finduilas - Write
- THE Ka - Draw
- Firefoot - Write
- ????? - Draw
- Gil-Galad - Write

Gil-Galad 08-27-2007 12:23 PM

bah i'm last again... i personally depise last place because my ideas of the picture never get put into picture-form...

Hookbill the Goomba 08-27-2007 12:35 PM

Which is why I'm asking for a few more drawers. But while we wait, shall we get started? I think that's a good idea.

Feel free to join in, anyone.

- Aganzir - Draw
- Thinlómien - Draw
- Gil-Galad - Write
- Rikae - Draw

- Firefoot - Write
- THE Ka - Draw

- Finduilas - Write
- Orominuialwen - Draw
- The Might - write
- Volo - Draw

Finduilas 08-27-2007 07:32 PM

If Gil-Galad would prefer it we could switch places.

Gil-Galad 08-27-2007 11:20 PM

which would be grand, thanks finduilas, i owe you a pizza!

Orominuialwen 08-28-2007 10:29 PM

I'd love to be in on this one. I can draw again, if you like, but don't expect any more skill than in my last drawing! :p

The Might 08-29-2007 10:03 AM

Har, har, har, guess who's back?
With a new and improved PC I'm reday to take part in the next one and...I'll draw. :cool:

Lord Melkor 08-29-2007 10:28 AM

I don't mind joining in again if there still is an open spot. I do prefer to write this time though. :)

Thinlómien 08-29-2007 11:05 AM

Hookbill, why is Rikae after me if we're both to draw?

Hookbill the Goomba 08-29-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 531024)
Hookbill, why is Rikae after me if we're both to draw?

Sorry, twas a typo.

Volo 09-10-2007 12:01 PM

Hookbill, dear mod, could you add one (1) Volo to the soup. Thankses!

Hookbill the Goomba 09-10-2007 12:29 PM

Certainly, volo.

Has anyone seen THE Ka around?

Orominuialwen 09-11-2007 10:28 PM

I'm swamped with homework until Friday, but I'll try to do my drawing then.

Hookbill the Goomba 09-17-2007 09:54 AM

We is done!

To keep up the status quo, we decided to begin this Paper Telephone with an interesting sentence about the goings on in Rohan…

"Theoden's plans for a purple tree of Rohan meets mixed reactions from the super intelligent horses."

Aganzir bit his own face off in the attempt to get his mind around this craziness. So this is what came out of his pen.

http://i19.tinypic.com/6b384f7.jpg

The Elf Warrior had no time to lose. But several watches went missing from the Downs…

Boromir taught an art school for horses

Lommy’s task involved running an obstacle course. We’re not sure why…

http://i8.tinypic.com/62ruref.jpg

Gil had a nervous breakdown. From his inane babble we discerned the following words…

"Boromir failed to impress his horses with his example of a landscape picture, the horses then began to lose hope in Boromir and give him dirty looks”

Rikae’s Pen and paper were hunted down by an evil government conspiracy. So she just drew something different.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...elephone-1.jpg

Firefoot had, well, some fire on her foot. After putting it out, the only thing to do was write a sentence or two…

Some punny ponies watch skeptically as Boromir wildly illustrates that Rohirrim verse, "...A red dawn rising."

Hookbill the Goomba 09-17-2007 09:55 AM

THE Ka, not just any old Ka, but THE Ka, decided it was high time for something a bit unusual…

http://i4.tinypic.com/2rmawy1.jpg

Finduilas was so upset that there was need for an ambulance.

When Arod sees Boromir selling pain in the form of red paint, he said "Dead man tells tales," which caused Hasufel to faint.

Then what happened was that Orominuialwen was faced with a terrible decision. Weather or not to run away or to draw a picture…

http://i4.tinypic.com/4lzbtbp.jpg

The Might finished off with some terrifying thoughts.

Boromir and one of the mearas have a tomato sauce eating contest after which gives both hallucinations and ultimately makes the horse faint.

Aganzir 09-17-2007 11:00 AM

How on earth did Théoden become Boromir? (That poor old man, he seems to have hurt his left hand in my picture anyway - look how it has twisted!)

Lommy, that Boromir of yours is cute. Where can I find him?

And I just love Rikae's picture. :D

THE Ka 09-17-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 532149)
And I just love Rikae's picture. :D

Ah, moi aussi! It is lovely, and started a bit of a challenge to make as many horse and red dawn related things 'punny'. Thankfully it did not lead to bad cases of 'ennui'.

~ punny cursed Ka

The Might 09-17-2007 03:08 PM

Lol, I believe there is a "t" missing on that paint bucket. That's why I misread it...pain!

EDIT: Wait, that is supposed to be pain?! Ah!

Thinlómien 09-19-2007 06:45 AM

Rikae's and THE Ka's pictures made me laugh so much, especially Rikae's.

That was a very funny round, but a bit too short and changed a bit too little (what a great and grammatically correct way of expressing that :rolleyes: ).

Who's going to mod the next one?

Hookbill the Goomba 09-19-2007 06:58 AM

I can mod again, unless someone wants a go... Please?

This time, I think we should wither have at least 20 participants, or 10 and do doubles. Shall we see what happens?

So far...

- Hookbill
- Lommy
- Volo

Thinlómien 09-19-2007 07:10 AM

If you (or someone else) can mod this one, I would probably be able to mod the next one - unless it is running the same time as my ww game. But even that might not be a problem, though. We'll see then. :)

This round, I'd prefer drawing but I have no objections to writing either. And I'm all for the big game.

Volo 09-19-2007 10:43 AM

Could you please add me to the player list?

Finduilas 09-19-2007 01:04 PM

I would be happy to join again. Either job would work, but I will be faster if I write.

-Finduilas-

Firefoot 09-19-2007 01:44 PM

I'll write again.

Hookbill the Goomba 09-19-2007 03:24 PM

- Hookbill (Draw)
- Lommy (Write)
- Volo (Draw)
- Firefoot (Write)
- Finduilas (Draw)
- Legate of Amon Lanc (Write)
- Aganzir (Draw)
- Kitanna (Write)
-
- The Elf-warrior (Write)
-

Aganzir 09-20-2007 03:03 AM

I'd like to draw. Again.

Legate of Amon Lanc 09-21-2007 12:19 PM

You can sign me in, for whatever you'll need, if there's space. I think I was absent from that for too long time.

Kitanna 09-23-2007 09:52 AM

I'd like to join and be a writer since my "artistic" talents put me to serious shame.

The Elf-warrior 09-25-2007 08:46 PM

I'd like to write.