The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth XVI: No man is an Island (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12506)

Garin 01-26-2006 05:25 PM

Congratulations, Malkatoj, I didn't think we would pull it off near the end. I truly need to work on my people skills because my attitude just got me lynched on the 2nd day of WWJ. That experience made me appreciate working with you the 'big boys'and I really appreciated Form's modding in comparison.
My big problem was that I lacked confidence and took all my advice from a non-participating veteran. I'm still finding my Downs identity I suppose.
He talked me into Kath and the minute I posted my vote I KNEW she was the cobbler. It was too late however.

Gurthang 01-26-2006 06:21 PM

Lhuna, I'm so, so sorry. :(

I can't believe malkatoj survived that long under so much suspicion. Huh.

(Post 1,000! :D)

Farael 01-26-2006 06:29 PM

Darned Darned and a lot of inenteligible swears in Spanish!!! I was so utterly convinced of Malkatoj's innocence!! and I agree with Kuruharan

Quote:

...I was convinced that Cailín was the werewolves mastermind who had done the whole thing...
I always suspected her... she was too smart and defensive. On the night she got lynched, she came out too strong, giving too much advise to my eyes.. I was weary (and to be honest, a little tired) so I figured "ok, let's finish this up..."

It's a shame Naria couldn't be here, it would have been a great finish... but I'm glad I was not alive for the last day, as I would have voted for Azaelia... her last post the last night made me feel suspicious... and Malkatoj was so abscent that I figured she was just an innocent with not enough free time. I don't want to sound like a sore looser, but barring her not being here often there was no real evidence against her. Which reminds me, Malka, were you really busy or did you take advantage of the situation? if you did, I must say you out-smarted us all... but then, you won so I guess you out-smarted us anyway.

I'm sorry my fellow villagers that I failed you... you all played a good game, it could have been either way.

And just to clarify what could have been the most controversial topic with regards to what I said... I trully believed (and still do) that it was a good time for Lhuna to come out... there were plenty of nights before we managed to get our second wolf and even if she hadn't came out she might have been dead anyway. It was unfortunate that one of her known innocents was our ranger... and that we lynched our apprentice the following day!!

Edit: Where are my modals?!?! Moderacil, it was a pleasure to read your stories... but could I please get a death? I am somewhat looking forward to my death... Although if you are busy it's all good

malkatoj 01-26-2006 07:50 PM

Victory is mine!

Shock and confusion! You guys were half prepared to kill me on the second day, I could not believe when I lived to the end like this. Especially when you caught on to Aman. And the entire time everyone is saying 'so Malka's a wolf, but I'll let her go another day because we need to find this out' and well, I killed you all!

Awesome modding, Form, and awesome playing everyone else. Thanks to my fellow wolves for rocking so awesomely.

Oh, and Form, which of us had no tail?

:smokin:

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-26-2006 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkatoj
Shock and confusion! You guys were half prepared to kill me on the second day, I could not believe when I lived to the end like this. Especially when you caught on to Aman. And the entire time everyone is saying 'so Malka's a wolf, but I'll let her go another day because we need to find this out' and well, I killed you all!

I cannot belive it either! You kept getting more and more wolfish in my eyes, but I could not make a strong case against you. (mostley because of your limited posting)

Meneltarmacil 01-26-2006 08:09 PM

I guess I should have been more talkative this game. I didn't really feel the need to contribute when I didn't have any helpful ideas; however, seeing as it got me lynched, perhaps I should post more frequently in the future.

Anyway, interesting game. Nilp, of course, *bonks him with large club* was his usual "Lynch me!" self, which is always amusing, and the wolves played a good game too for the win. Kudos to the villagers as well for lynching two of them.

Valier 01-26-2006 08:14 PM

Great game everyone!...So Malka was the wolf. Cudos You deserved to win.I was sooooo shocked when I died I had to read it twice!

malkatoj 01-26-2006 08:27 PM

Yeah, I really did try to post as much as possible, as long as there was something to say--posting seemed pretty limted in general, so if I got on a computer for an hour there wasn't usually a need to make more than one post, simply because people didn't do too much. Not just trying to hide my wolfishness!

I'd like to be a villager sometime, though--I've been both wolf and mod for WWJ and now a wolf here. Though I did notice that both times I was a wolf, we killed Kath on my suggestion the first Night. I should probably stop doing that. (Kath--it's because you're smart and logical and will kills us, I promise.)

So I've learned not to play Werewolf during finals week. I should keep this in mind forever.

Garin 01-26-2006 08:36 PM

Gurthang, I wanted you dead on the first night but my veteran friend talked me out of it and said I could get you lynched on your final statement of the first night. This should be seen as a compliment, for I saw you as a reasonable, actually dangerous threat. But werewolves won! I loved playing with you guys and Malk you are a stud/ess! I wish you weren't in highschool/England.

The Only Real Estel 01-26-2006 08:40 PM

Posted by Garin:
Quote:

My big problem was that I lacked confidence and took all my advice from a non-participating veteran.

Gurthang, I wanted you dead on the first night but my veteran friend talked me out of it.
Er, this "veteran friend" of yours isn't a member on the 'Downs is he/she?

Garin 01-26-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Er, this "veteran friend" of yours isn't a member on the 'Downs is he/she?
Yes he or she is and I hope to face him or her in the next game... I'll go to the thread and announce my intentions.
s.

The Only Real Estel 01-26-2006 08:53 PM

Ah, well, not to be a wet-blanket or anything (& it could be that I missed some sort of explanation earlier) but, is that entirely legal? :confused:

Not that I care but I was under the impression that there wasn't to be communication about the game (or at least not roles) with any other BDers.

Like I said, I don't much care, just wondering if I'm way off here or...

-Estel-

Garin 01-26-2006 09:02 PM

He/she was not active in the game and referred me to the site. They were not active in the game and basically got my *** lynched. Sorry for being honest. It seems people know people on this site, I never PMd out of turn and even told the Mod that some people thought they could, hence that early warning. Someone turned me onto the site and I went to him/her for advice because him/her was not involved. Besides the advice of him/her sucked and I am now my own man. That should **** him/her off.

The Only Real Estel 01-26-2006 09:06 PM

I see. I'm pretty sure it was one of the firstermost rules so it might be buried by now...not to surprised you didn't look it up.

Anyways, I was just curious, it's by no means up to me whether you're fine or not so I think I'll butt back out of this. :D

-Estel-

Farael 01-26-2006 09:07 PM

Aye, someone forgot to sign his/her rep!!

Quote:

You failed nothing and it was a pleasure playing with you.
Thanks whoever that may be... but let me know who you are!

malkatoj 01-26-2006 09:08 PM

Garin, just in highschool, not in England--I'm from Massachusetts. It's fun!

Garin 01-26-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Garin, just in highschool, not in England--I'm from Massachusetts. It's fun!
So New England. The HS is all I need to hear. I'm not prepared for the jail house.
To The Only Real Estel I know I broke no rules I was just asking a friend for advice. I am against cheating and it is all too obvious that the advice failed, I won't turn to him/her again in the next match. As much as I wanted to I never cheated.
Farael Was from me, good play!

Gurthang 01-26-2006 09:51 PM

Well, thank you, Garin, for the compliment, although I'm glad to see that you didn't get me lynched that second day.

I must say that I'm rather concerned about your asking for advice from outside the game. I know that the him/her(I'm pretty sure this him/her is morm, as that's who referred you to the Barrowdowns, if I recall correctly.) wasn't in the game, but it still seems unfair that you used outside help. I don't know that it's actually against the rules, but, in my mind at least, it violates the spirit of the game. That being that each has to rely on himself to figure stuff out, except the wolves, who want to be a team and get nobody to figure anything out. Asking someone for advice just seems to take that 'alone', or for werewolves: 'alone with two', element out of the game.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd advise against asking 'outsiders' (outside the game) for help.

Cailín 01-27-2006 01:24 AM

If you had all just listened to me... :rolleyes:

Oh well, wonderful game everyone. I had a great time playing. And Formendacil - your modding was absolutely brilliant. I was so sure we were going to win, but then Naria had to leave. Congrats, Malkatoj, I suppose. ;)

Edit: I was going to rep you all, but it seems I've been too generous as of late. Uh yeah - but it's coming still. I hope. If I don't forget.

Formendacil 01-27-2006 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garin
My big problem was that I lacked confidence and took all my advice from a non-participating veteran. I'm still finding my Downs identity I suppose.
He talked me into Kath and the minute I posted my vote I KNEW she was the cobbler. It was too late however.

Yes, he's a bit of a nosy one, isn't he... Always trying to control things, act in a leaderly way... try and get a group effort going...

Nice to see that he didn't succeed this time.

(And yes, I know of whom you speak. You mentioned him in one of your first posts.)

Farael: Terribly sorry about the lack of a death... Two weeks of having to post death scenes really wears you down. I'll see what I can do- but no promises.

And yes, I will be posting a Mod's Analysis... I just don't have time tonight/morning or for quite a while tomorrow.

Lhunardawen 01-27-2006 01:54 AM

*attacks Moderadacil with a pitchfork*

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...this is all YOUR fault! :p

This has to be the most mind-draining game I've ever been in, for the most part because I was unlucky enough to be the poor revised Seer. And...*sigh* Whatever. *throws hands up*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune
Lhuna you just have to accept that I know when your innocent.

I would love to be playing with when you when I finally become a wolf, Rune.

But thanks for all that! You know, for some time I thought I would be going down in Werewolf history as the first ever Seer to be lynched...sometimes I just don't know when I'm becoming more suspicious than I intend to be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuruharan
However, I do hope in the future that people will first look and act on the evidence before they start flying off the handle on gut instinct.

I'm really so sorry, dear Kuru...but really, it's for the best that you died. I'm really wondering why in the world the werewolves didn't kill you first, as I expected they would.

And that's why I chose not to dream of you, even if I knew it's utterly necessary to know which side you are on. I expected you would be killed right away, and I didn't want to waste a certain dream for someone who would probably not last the game. But think about it, if I chose to dream of you, and you were revealed to me as an innocent, and I revealed your innocence when I declared myself, and the werewolves got to you right after that...well, let's not think about it shall we?

And really, it was so hard for me building a case against you. But at that point I just thought that I would feel a lot better if you're lynched, whether you were a wolf or not. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurthang
Lhuna, I'm so, so sorry.

I believe I should be the one saying that.

You have no idea how much I was wishing that you were still alive after I revealed myself! You were the only innocent I could lay a charge on to look after the village in my absence, because Alcarillo was, well, not around much. I wanted to trust Cailin because for some reason I felt safe with her around, but she was not a proven innocent.

Consider it an honor, if you will, that you were among my first choices for the dream. And in my opinion, you are one of the best players I've ever played with. *curtsies*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael
And just to clarify what could have been the most controversial topic with regards to what I said... I trully believed (and still do) that it was a good time for Lhuna to come out... there were plenty of nights before we managed to get our second wolf and even if she hadn't came out she might have been dead anyway. It was unfortunate that one of her known innocents was our ranger... and that we lynched our apprentice the following day!!

That was a good call, Farael (and Kuru and Naria). I'm so glad I listened to you, even if it didn't do much. *rolls eyes*

If you turned out to be a wolf, Farael, I would have killed myself...I had you pegged as an innocent all throughout the game! It was wonderful playing with you again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkatoj
Oh, and Form, which of us had no tail?

I think that would be Aman, but I could be wrong...

I still can't believe you weren't lynched right away. And that leads me to...

Cailin! What was that suicide all about?! :p

Cailín 01-27-2006 02:06 AM

I really had good reasons for killing me, Lhun!

I had little choice and as it seems nothing would have saved me, for Naria did not even show up. I knew the moment Farael attacked me that he was an innocent. I couldn't have voted for him and voting for Malkatoj wouldn't have saved me anymore, even though I might have convinced Naria to join me.

If then Farael was lynched and found innocent, as I knew he was, everyone would have been going for me.

And finally I knew there was a reasonable chance Naria might be hunting me anyway since she has suspected me from Day 1. I was trying to do what was in the villagers best interest - getting me out of the way, convince them of Farael's innocence and Malkatoj's guilt. I knew they would not blindly follow me anymore if I wasn't a proven innocent.

Unfortunately, Naria fled town and we lost anyway. But I still think it's the only time I made the right decision during this game.

Cailín 01-27-2006 02:06 AM

Besides, I didn't really want to live anymore after you died. :( :p

Formendacil 01-27-2006 02:10 AM

I don't believe I ever specified who the Tailless Wolf was. My intention was to leave the last wolf up with that dubious honour- that having turned out to be Malkatoj, and I've edited my last narration with an extra line accordingly.

However, if I ever stated that Amanaduial was the tailless wolf... then I guess there will just be two conflicting versions, ala Tolkien. Which one do YOU think is canonical? ;)

Lhunardawen 01-27-2006 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailín
Besides, I didn't really want to live anymore after you died. :( :p

Awww...

I didn't want to live when Menel died, either. Probably because I knew I'm next. :D

Call me self-centered or whatever, but what did you guys think about my sudden outburst of Lhunacy? I terribly enjoyed that, not to mention it served its intended purpose. Well, I think.

Lhunardawen 01-27-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil
I don't believe I ever specified who the Tailless Wolf was. My intention was to leave the last wolf up with that dubious honour- that having turned out to be Malkatoj, and I've edited my last narration with an extra line accordingly.

However, if I ever stated that Amanaduial was the tailless wolf... then I guess there will just be two conflicting versions, [a la] Tolkien. Which one do YOU think is canonical? ;)

Well, a tailless wolf repped me, and it wasn't malka...

I guess I'll believe the werewolves' version more than yours. :p

Cailín 01-27-2006 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Call me self-centered all whatever, but what did you guys think about my sudden outburst of Lhunacy? I terribly enjoyed that, not to mention it served its intended purpose. Well, I think.

What purpose - convincing us all you were mentally unstable? Cause yeah, then it did serve. :p

It actually made me believe you were innocent. And Nilp, too.

Quote:

However, if I ever stated that Amanaduial was the tailless wolf... then I guess there will just be two conflicting versions, ala Tolkien. Which one do YOU think is canonical?
I feel a debate coming on. Can I say Garin?

Lhunardawen 01-27-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cailin
What purpose - convincing us all you were mentally unstable? Cause yeah, then it did serve. :p

Perfect! But I think you all know that already...

Quote:

It actually made me believe you were innocent. And Nilp, too.
Aww, rats! I actually wanted to be more suspicious than I already was, to ensure that I survive the Night. I was hoping that the wolves would be so amused, they would want me around for at least another Day. :D

Garin 01-27-2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Asking someone for advice just seems to take that 'alone', or for werewolves: 'alone with two', element out of the game.
It won't happen again, I should know better than to go to a chronic ordinary that always gets his behind lynched.
Again, I'm just being honest and perhaps trying to blame someone else for my miscues.

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-27-2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhuna
Call me self-centered all whatever, but what did you guys think about my sudden outburst of Lhunacy? I terribly enjoyed that, not to mention it served its intended purpose. Well, I think.

It confused me. It is the only thing you have ever done that really made me doubt your innocens, but I then decided that you were more likely to be a giftet trying to stay alive.

btw It looks like it will be a while before we can have the game in wich Lupine Lhuna is introduced, as I will not be able to play WW for 4 months.

I am so sorry about constantly wanting you dead Meneltarmacil, I was just so sure that you had to be a wolf or maybe a giftet.

Farael 01-27-2006 07:01 AM

Getting dizzy...

Oh, no.... no, no... Did I ever te.. tell you guys I'... I'm afraid of heights? I should have because thanks to you I'm sitting high on Tanquetil!! :D First of all thanks a lot =)
I've tried to rep everyone but it seems I got too generous so some of you will have to wait until tomorrow (or maybe tonight). Besides that, it was a really interesting game... I wasn't too keen on the Seer's revised role, but I think it adds to the excitement (and the stress).

I'm thinking... maybe next game we can have a single Hunter/Ranger but two aprentices? having a Hunter/Ranger will make it fun for the wolves whenever they want to kill him... :p and to compensate the lack of a gifted, another apprentice to be lynched by the ignorant crowds :p

By the way Nilp, I never defended you... it was so mind boggling when you said "listen to Farael" after I felt I was making a case against you!! I almost went into a "Nilp is definetly a wolf" rant right then but you had been odd all along so I figured I'd stay silent... and good thing I did!! I was kicking myself when I found out (as I half-expected) you were just a crazy innocent

Kuruharan 01-27-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

You know, for some time I thought I would be going down in Werewolf history as the first ever Seer to be lynched
Nope, that has already happened.

Quote:

and the werewolves got to you right after that...well, let's not think about it shall we?
Why not? We lost anyway. It wouldn’t really have been too bad for the village. First of all, everybody would have known that the Cursed had been converted, it’s not like that can be kept secret. Sooner or later (and probably sooner) I would have been in the same place I ultimately ended up, only worse because my behavior toward Garin would not have been a sure defense anymore.

Quote:

Ehhh…it actually made me think you had something to hide, and hence might be the Seer. In that respect, it was not terribly effective. Behavioral changes during the game will do that.

Quote:

I wasn't too keen on the Seer's revised role,
I agree with that. I think it was an interesting experiment, but it reduced the usefulness of the Seer a lot while still leaving them terribly vulnerable.

the guy who be short 01-27-2006 12:08 PM

I still haven't figured out exactly why I died. :p

Kuruharan 01-27-2006 12:48 PM

Lack of a better idea at the time.

I'm eagerly awaiting our Moderator's report *prod* *prod* *prod*

Farael 01-27-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I still haven't figured out exactly why I died. :p

My reasoning was to save Naria who had just confirmed her Huntership.... or Hunterdess.... and since you looked suspicious enough (or rather, dangerous enough to have around as a wolf) I voted you. I should have gone with my second idea of ridding ourselves of Malkatoj as she was causing confusion but I was SO VERY TERRIBLY SURE she was innocent... darned!!

Amanaduial the archer 01-27-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Actually, after I was lynched I was convinced that Cailín was the werewolves mastermind who had done the whole thing.
Ah, see, this was what made me laugh in this game: all of you assumed that 'the werewolves' would behave so much more cunningly - I mean, I found myself sitting there thinking, "now, what would the werewolves do..." In actual fact, we were just hanging on by the skin of our teeth. I can't believe we won, that's frankly unbelievable!

Quote:

Well, a tailless wolf repped me, and it wasn't malka...
Damn straight, Lhuna. Its how I took to signing my reps, because hey, why not ;) Although how this turned out in the end...Malka, excellently played: its incredible, suspicion around you from Day 1, yet you played to the very end - nicely done, nicely done indeed!

My apologies to all who we killed - Lhuna especially, you were on player I really didn't want to kill off, I do apologise, but hey, it had to be done! And I would have given you a much less prolonged death if only that pesky Formendacil hadn't turned up...;) Cailín, you were also quite especially fantastic to play with.

Thanks all, great game. How the heck...

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-27-2006 11:07 PM

Mwahaha.

Quote:

By the way Nilp, I never defended you... it was so mind boggling when you said "listen to Farael" after I felt I was making a case against you!! I almost went into a "Nilp is definetly a wolf" rant right then but you had been odd all along so I figured I'd stay silent... and good thing I did!! I was kicking myself when I found out (as I half-expected) you were just a crazy innocent (Farael)
Actually, my last post (262) was just a subtle attempt at deception, flexing that muscle in case I'll need it when I become a true Werewolf.

I just latched on your name because you seemed hesitant to vote for me, and I 'attacked' Alca because he was the first to vote for me. Had it succeeded, and Alcarillo lynched (fat chance, but hey! I love fat chances), I would still have lynched the next DAY.

But I'm proud I got everyone on my 'Case for Innocence' right! :D

Lhunardawen 01-27-2006 11:59 PM

Quote:

btw It looks like it will be a while before we can have the game in wich Lupine Lhuna is introduced, as I will not be able to play WW for 4 months.

I guess that's no problem, because I would have to take a looong break myself. Unless interesting stuff happen...

Quote:

Nope, that has already happened.

It has?! Can you enlighten me on that? I didn't get to read all games...

Quote:

Why not? We lost anyway. It wouldn’t really have been too bad for the village. First of all, everybody would have known that the Cursed had been converted, it’s not like that can be kept secret. Sooner or later (and probably sooner) I would have been in the same place I ultimately ended up, only worse because my behavior toward Garin would not have been a sure defense anymore.

Say...if you became a wolf, we'll probably still lynch you the next Day. And then I'll have a certain dream! Oh, rats.

Quote:

It confused me. It is the only thing you have ever done that really made me doubt your innocens, but I then decided that you were more likely to be a giftet trying to stay alive.

Quote:

Ehhh…it actually made me think you had something to hide, and hence might be the Seer. In that respect, it was not terribly effective. Behavioral changes during the game will do that.

And here I was planning to do it every full moon...remind me never to do that on a Werewolf game again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
My apologies to all who we killed - Lhuna especially, you were on player I really didn't want to kill off, I do apologise, but hey, it had to be done! And I would have given you a much less prolonged death if only that pesky Formendacil hadn't turned up... ;)

Haha, you got that right! How cruel of him, leaving me to feel the pain of my wounds longer, instead of just throwing a big welcome party for me... :D

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-28-2006 12:30 AM

Re:

Quote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd advise against asking 'outsiders' (outside the game) for help. (Gurthang)
You'd get a heart attack if you realise what some siblings do. :p

But advice noted. And I see your point. Although it would be a tad hard to keep it all in, y'know? We do live together--and go to the same school, to boot.

Lhunardawen 01-28-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund
You'd get a heart attack if you realise what some siblings do. :p

But advice noted. And I see your point. Although it would be a tad hard to keep it all in, y'know? We do live together--and go to the same school, to boot.

Daga ka talaga. :p