The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

Meneltarmacil 12-16-2005 04:32 PM

A little late, but...

I noticed that Nuranar's pic, plus her comment about having very long hair, suggests that my dream was pretty accurate as far as her appearance goes, even though the events in it were really weird (And I also seem to recall that the phantom was in fact modding a WW game right around Halloween as well). That's very interesting...

VanimaEdhel 01-02-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Now you guys have me confused. Way to go!! :rolleyes: It really does look like him. If that actually is Morsul, than that means Morsul knows Hilary Duff!!! Creepy!!

Whoa...Hillary Duff mentioned on the Barrow-Downs. Now I've seen everything.

I don't look "like" anyone, sadly. Although I guess I look like me. :smokin:
New Image
New Image 2

Glirdan 01-02-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Whoa...Hillary Duff mentioned on the Barrow-Downs. Now I've seen everything.
Ya, I never thought I'd see Hilary Duff mentioned here either, but, anything can happen when your insane as I am.

As for pictures, I'd have to say... That I'm finaly going to send one in....As soon as get a good one that is (thank you camera phones!!!!) and when I have my haircut. I tell you, I look like a freak with long hair.

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-04-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

I tell you, I look like a freak with long hair.

:mad:
Long hair is cool and often beutiful !

Don't make me come over there and beat you with an Orlando Bloom film.

Glirdan 01-04-2006 03:10 PM

No, I mean I look wierd with long hair. I really do. I don't look like me, if you get what I mean. So please DON'T beat me with an Orlando Bloom tapes!! Oh the horror!! The horror!!!!! :eek:

Gil-Galad 01-04-2006 07:29 PM

Vanima, do i see a smirk in the second picture?

VanimaEdhel 01-06-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Vanima, do i see a smirk in the second picture?

You just may. And you see *gasp* a SMILE here!
A smile
And another!

Amazing, huh?

And nooo! Beating with Orlando Bloom movies? The threat alone is...ouch...

Meneltarmacil 01-08-2006 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got a picture here for the site. I'll also PM it to Tig.

Oh, and since there's a redeye problem, you'll just have to take my word for it that my eyes are bluish-green.

EDIT: Ah, it seems I can't put an attachment in a PM. Oh well.
And also, I don't think my hair is as long now as it was then (that was back in October last year).

Eluchíl 01-10-2006 03:44 AM

I have an old generic one I could donate.

Here you go

Cailín 01-11-2006 09:36 AM

Huh, well, I’ve yet to send in a photo, mostly since I liked my descriptions in How Do You Imagine Other Bders so much and I did not wish to crush the rather favourable images. :) However, my mental images at least are in no way disturbed by the actual photos of the rest of you, so I guess it wouldn’t matter too much. Anyway – I have a webcam now, so finally I can take pictures!

I doubt this image is suited for the photo page, since my webcam is of such low quality that any resizing or converting immediately destroys the entire picture and it’s already a little distorted. Besides, my father recently shot some pictures of me in my elven dress, which would be far more appropriate (if I ever get to see them, that is, which is highly questionable). So I shall just post it here then.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-11-2006 01:39 PM

You do look quite Elven, Cailín. :)

Menel, do you watch wrestling? You remind me of Edge. :D

the guy who be short 01-11-2006 01:41 PM

Menel has a crazy glint about the eyes that I fully expected. :D

Glirdan 01-11-2006 02:38 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Eomer. Menel, you do look a bit like Edge.

As for my picture, it shall be in soon!! :D

Nilpaurion Felagund 01-11-2006 08:04 PM

[In some recess of Nilpaurion's mind . . . ]

Meneltarmacil gained the Sharingan.

Nilpaurion, your battle . . .

Ha, he'll never beat me. NEVER!!!

Seriously, Menel, you weren't, by any chance, using an especially nasty illusion skill at that time, are you?

Meneltarmacil 01-11-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Menel, do you watch wrestling? You remind me of Edge.
Sorry, Eomer, I don't really follow wrestling and don't know much about this person.

As for the crazy glint about the eyes, it's nice to hear that your expectations were correct.

Quote:

Meneltarmacil gained the Sharingan.
Yes, Nilpaurion, dimly-lit natural history museums can give one some redeye in pictures. But it was interesting to hear of this anime ability after I searched for it on Google. And yes, that is the real me, except for the eyes, which only appeared that way because of the lighting in the museum. As mentioned before, they are bluish-green in reality.

*Nilpaurion Felagund falls down a bottomless pit*

Gil-Galad 01-12-2006 08:16 PM

Hmm... which museam was that Menel? looks familiar

wilwarin538 01-13-2006 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently got another picture of myself taken. I like this one much better then the one on the photo page, but I think I'll just post it here, instead of sending it to Tig.

Meneltarmacil 01-13-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

Hmm... which museam was that Menel? looks familiar
That would be the Smithsonian in Washington DC.

Glirdan 01-14-2006 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I finally have a pic of myself, but I can't send it to Tig to put up on the page, so I'll post here instead and she can take it from here. Just to let you know, the title that goes with it is completely accurate. That's not normally how I look in pictures, trust me.

Cailín 01-14-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil
That would be the Smithsonian in Washington DC.

Hey, I have been there! And then there was a fire alarm and the whole building had to be evacuated. Huh, how strange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer
You do look quite Elven, Cailín.

:) Incidentally, when the first Lord of the Rings movie came out, my drama teacher stared at me for an entire lesson and then asked the class whether they thought I looked strangely like 'that one elf from Lord of the Rings' as well. Unfortunately, no one else had seen the movie yet.

(Suddenly realising I still don't know which of the elves she meant. I hope it was not Legolas).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilwarin
I recently got another picture of myself taken. I like this one much better then the one on the photo page, but I think I'll just post it here, instead of sending it to Tig.

I think I can see why you would like it better but I think you are far prettier with your hair down. :)

And Glirdan, you look absolutely nothing like I imagined you! Are you quite sure it is really you?

Glirdan 01-14-2006 09:15 AM

You flatter me! :o Yes Cailin, that is indeed me, with short hair. So, that might be one reason you're thrown off. And now I'm quite interested to hear how you imagined me!?

Kath 01-14-2006 05:10 PM

Cailin and wilwa - great photos! I never knew I was talking to such pretty people. And yes Cailin you do look a bit Elvish, but lets hope that teacher of yours meant Arwen rather than Leggy!

Cailín 01-15-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Yes Cailin, that is indeed me, with short hair. So, that might be one reason you're thrown off. And now I'm quite interested to hear how you imagined me!?

I am not quite sure, I was just really surprised! I think I must have always imagined you looking like the little brother of a friend of mine, who is French and you are well, not French, but you know. Anyway, he’s a blonde for one.

And I thought you’d have more hair. ;)

wilwarin538 01-16-2006 02:39 PM

Thank you Kath! And Cailin, there are pros and cons of each of my photos. If I had a pic where my face looked like the one in pic#2 but had the hair of pic #1 it would be a perfect pic of me. :rolleyes: By the way, you are quiet pretty yourself, I agree that you look elvish.

I have a pic on my camera at the moment of myself and Wayne. Once I get my Dad to get it onto the computer you'll all get to see the little goblin. ;)

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-16-2006 03:00 PM

I like your hair on pic. 2. actually I think both of them are quite nice, with nr. 2. beeing a tad better. :)

Tigerlily Gamgee 01-16-2006 04:34 PM

Geez, I didn't even know people were posting their photos here for me to find. Doh! I will try to get back here tomorrow so I can get them on the photo page. Life has been busy, crazy and wonderful... so I guess I've been neglectful of the page. My apologies.

jack123 01-19-2006 11:58 PM

How to Search this Bulletin Board with similar words ?

I Don't Know that How to Search this Bulletin Board with similar words instead of exact words.
I searched for similar words in http://www.google.com and
http://www.boardexplorer.com and I found this Bulletin Board.
However inside the site I could not find any smart search. you have to know exact words to find similar topics
any Idea?

jack123 01-20-2006 12:02 AM

How can I find something inside this Board by similar keywords ?

I Can't figure out that How can I find something inside this Board by similar keywords instead of exact words.
I searched for similar keywords in http://www.google.com and
http://www.boardexplorer.com and I found this Board.
but inside the web site I could not find any intelligent search. you must know exact words to find related topics
any recommendation?

elronds_daughter 01-20-2006 07:59 AM

First of all, jack, this is not the place to ask those questions. Especially not twice in a row. PM one of the moderators, or post your query somewhere else. Don't just tack a completely off-topic post onto a much-visited thread. And sorry, I can't help you. But using exact words will often get you many realted threads. I know this from experience. 'Downers use synonyms often. Or you could type in synonyms. Learn how to work the system, would ya?

Anyway.....back on-topic.

Wilwa, you look beeyooteeful. You look like I should know you. ;)

Apology accepted, Tig. (Now just hope I don't go all Darth Vader on you and kill you before I tell you that....) We all know how busy life can get. We understand. You're forgiven. (and yes, I am schizophrenic.)

Callin, you do indeed have an Elvish air about you! I think you look like a cross between Liv Tyler and Cate Blanchett....Elvish indeed.

Tigerlily Gamgee 01-23-2006 04:20 PM

Okay, the page should be up to date now.
If you sent me a picture and you don't see it... please email me at psyknife@psy-strike.com or PM me. I think I've been keeping good folders of all of these... but I don't know... it takes me by surprise when people post them here at the thread. So, if you want your picture added to the page, you need to email it to me, otherwise I may miss it.
Again, my apologies with my recent slacking. Life has been crazy... but in really good ways. :D

Glirdan 01-23-2006 08:51 PM

I say a round of applause for Tig for putting all this hard work into the photo page! :D Thank you Tig!!

AbercrombieOfRohan 01-25-2006 06:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've just sent a new picture to Tig, but I'll post another one here for your enjoyment/horror.

Farael 01-25-2006 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbercrombieOfRohan
I've just sent a new picture to Tig, but I'll post another one here for your enjoyment/horror.

Pretty nice... do you know how to play 'Scotland the Great'? such a great song... specially when coupled with "Tell me' Ma" as performed by Men In Kilts (a local band over here... those guys rock!!!)

I'll have a pic for you all coming soon...

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-25-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

n I've just sent a new picture to Tig, but I'll post another one here for your enjoyment/horror.
Enjoyment clearly enjoyment! Horror NO! Enjoyment YES!

Formendacil 01-25-2006 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael
Pretty nice... do you know how to play 'Scotland the Great'? such a great song... specially when coupled with "Tell me' Ma" as performed by Men In Kilts (a local band over here... those guys rock!!!)

I'll have a pic for you all coming soon...

[fakeScottishAccent]I'm pretty tha' be "Scotland the Brave", laddie...

Tha' be a vera pretty picture there, lassie. The Canadian o' the plains, raised in a culture o' Scottish bagpipes and a history o' MacDonalds and Douglasses can just hear the bonny strains o' tha' lovely intrument you be holdin'[/fakeScottishAccent]

AbercrombieOfRohan 01-25-2006 11:40 AM

It seems that there's a bit of confusion about who the body belongs to. Well, I'll tell you what, I'm definitely not a hairy Scottish man playing the bagpipes over the Thames.

And thanks for the compliments. Photoshop = magic.

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-25-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbercrombieOfRohan
It seems that there's a bit of confusion about who the body belongs to. Well, I'll tell you what, I'm definitely not a hairy Scottish man playing the bagpipes over the Thames.

This is shocking! A Scottish man at the Thames, why has he not been shot allready?
And Abercrombie is not hairy! I cannot belive this, my whole world is falling apart.

I cannot take this anymore, I think I will go cover my self with sausages. . .

Esgallhugwen 01-25-2006 02:13 PM

My boyfriend and I are going on a day trip on the 5th. So hopefully I might have a new pic for Tiger lily. Just for something new and fun. ;)

wilwarin538 01-30-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

It seems that there's a bit of confusion about who the body belongs to
No confusion here. I knew right away it was your head on Eomer's body. :p

Nice pic. ;)

Valier 02-06-2006 11:27 AM

I've sent Tigerlily a pic for this thread, I'm just waiting for it to get posted..Let me know what you guys think(Giggle) :D