The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

Mithalwen 03-22-2006 12:20 PM

He loves it - they all do..... :D

Lhunardawen 03-22-2006 06:30 PM

It can't be helped. :p

Tigerlily Gamgee 03-29-2006 03:39 PM

Ack! Your email totally got lost in my inbox, Glirdan, and I just came back across it today. So sorry! I've updated the page and posted your pic.

Glirdan 03-29-2006 04:01 PM

Why thank you Tig!! :D

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-29-2006 04:22 PM

Tig's my hero. Have I ever mentioned that before?

Diamond18 03-29-2006 11:17 PM

For pity's sake. I've been trying and trying to get a stupid, inane comment up on that Tag Board on the photos page and it simply will not post. So:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond18
You are all exceedingly young. I'm sure none of you have seen your Eleventy-First birthday. And I may have mentioned this before, but TORE, I want your hair. And Orom, I want yours too. Bascially anyone with curls, I covet your hair. Mwah ha ha!

There. Totally random and useless, but I feel cleansed somehow.

Rune Son of Bjarne 03-30-2006 12:30 PM

Hey just wantet to let you know how much I love the new pictures, well maybe they are not knew to you, but it is the first time I am seeing them.

I really like the ones of the wonderfull Fea, Lhuna and Abercombie.

Who knew you could have so pretty arch/werewolf/hairy-scotchman buddies. . .

The Only Real Estel 03-30-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond18
I may have mentioned this before, but TORE, I want your hair.

Well, I don't remember hearing it if you did. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I really like the ones of the wonderfull Fea, Lhuna and Abercombie.

Who knew you could have so pretty arch/werewolf/hairy-scotchman buddies

I second that. Well put, Rune! :D

Nilpaurion Felagund 03-30-2006 09:07 PM

Hola!

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sure some you have seen this already.

But I'm also sure many of you haven't yet.

So, to sate you for a while as you wait for my more up-to-date photo (still have to find a head protector of Konoha--I do have a right to be in-character, da?), voila:

JennyHallu 03-30-2006 09:11 PM

All right, ladies, all together now!!!

AWWWWWW.......How cute!!

Diamond18 03-30-2006 09:15 PM

Awwwwwww what a cute wittle Nilpy. :D

alatar 03-31-2006 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
You know that our generation of young-at-hearts is watching us, rolling their eyes, and laughing that we're all a bunch of kids still?

You are. :p

Enjoy it while it lasts.

And thanks for keeping the site updated, Tigerlily Gamgee.

Orominuialwen 03-31-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond
You are all exceedingly young. I'm sure none of you have seen your Eleventy-First birthday. And I may have mentioned this before, but TORE, I want your hair. And Orom, I want yours too. Bascially anyone with curls, I covet your hair. Mwah ha ha!

Why thank you! :)

Balin999 04-05-2006 03:31 PM

I really really really like Tig's and Fea's pics. You both are just.... well... wow.... sorry
;)

Diamond18 04-05-2006 05:56 PM

*rolls eyes*

:p

Not that they're not, but it's the prevalent theme of this thread. :p

The Only Real Estel 04-05-2006 07:22 PM

Not quite, Diamond.

I think you're forgetting about Eomer and his kilt. ;) :p

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-05-2006 07:37 PM

TORE has a point. The prospect of Aimè in a kilt is a high point of my life right now. ;)

Balin999 04-06-2006 12:12 AM

Hm, I'm sorry, but I didn't bother to read through all the replies....
Can you believe it? It's 08:00 am here and I'm awake... :eek:

JennyHallu 04-17-2006 08:40 AM

Tig? Did you see my email?

Diamond18 04-18-2006 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I tried to get some recent pictures of myself -- I went to get my hair cut so I took a couple before pictures and a few after pictures. But, apparently, I need to learn the art of self photography, because they all turned out impossibly bad. The best one (read, somewhat salvagable) of the lot is a Before picture, now rendered outdated by my new haircut. ;)

I look severely depressed but that's just because I was concentrating really hard on holding the camera steady. So that's my "intense concentration" face. The one I use to puzzle over Werewolf games. ;)

narfforc 04-18-2006 02:59 PM

Hey Diamond18, where did you get that Silmaril from

Hookbill the Goomba 04-18-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by narfforc
Hey Diamond18, where did you get that Silmaril from

From that good old Silmarill shop on the street corner.

Diamond18 04-18-2006 03:33 PM

I crafted it myself. It's one of my infamous light absorbing silmarils. ;)

Balin999 04-18-2006 05:11 PM

hm..... can you switch off the flash? would be better. Tip: Let a friend take a picture, that way you don't have to concentrate on the camera :p

narfforc 04-20-2006 02:45 AM

I've got a brilliant idea

Or maybe get Beren and Luthien to come and steal the flash, or the batteries, or the camera, but then Diamond would'nt have her brilliant Silmaril.

Diamond18 04-21-2006 11:19 PM

Well now that you've compared the flash to a silmaril I'm rather fond of it. :)

I took some pictures with the flash and some without, but I was also experimenting with how to hold the camera, so most of the non-flash pictures are stunning photographic captures of the sink. My concept of depth and such has never been good. :rolleyes: I do have pictures that friends or family took of me, but don't you just hate it when someone's fiddling with the camera while you're standing there smiling and being careful not to blink? And then when they finally take the picture you have a really forced, pained grimace on your face.... Or at least that's what most often happens to me. ;)

Next time I'll try just holding the camera at arm's length and pointing it at myself. Outdoors when its sunny.

It IS on topic to discuss photographic techniques, I hope?

narfforc 04-22-2006 02:31 AM

I know what you mean, I am terrible with a camera, I hate the things almost as much as Telephones. I try to avoid having my picture taken, I was told by an old wise man that they steal your spirit, since then I've never had one taken whilst I was drinking.

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-22-2006 07:32 AM

Whether you're taking your own pic with your arm out or in the mirror, a good trick is to look directly at the lens as though it were looking back at you. If you can see the shutter close, you're probably going to get a decent face shot.

And I'm a big fan of the silmaril as well.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 04-24-2006 04:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Don't know why I'm sharing these. I got a loan of a camera so I thought I shouldn't waste it. They're so small they may hurt your eyes, so sorry about that.

And why not! Bonus points to the one who first ascertains the referenced movie and actor. :D

Hookbill the Goomba 04-24-2006 09:37 AM

Gnoooooomes!

Eomer, did this 'accident' have something to do with seeing Gandalf in an uncloaking situation? :p

I'm thinking of getting a new picture of myself for this here page. Photo shopped, of course... I have in my mind a picture of me and two Orcs on either side, me with my arm around one and giving a thumbs up to the other... We shall see.

Valier 04-24-2006 12:02 PM

Eomer you look like Brandon Lee from the Crow!!!

Mithalwen 04-24-2006 12:06 PM

Once I got over my intense disappointment that the pics did not involve a kilt... I started to think "Jim Morrison"....

Lalaith 04-24-2006 12:32 PM

The only thing I can think of is poor Gloucester....out vile jelly...but I don't think that's the accident Eomer had in mind.

JennyHallu 04-24-2006 01:26 PM

Are we being a very Goth Daredevil, Eomoer? (which would be Ben Affleck)

Roa_Aoife 04-24-2006 02:02 PM

First thought on Eomer's second pic- Johnny Depp from "Once Upon a Time in Mexico".... Ah, guns and meriachi bands- what's not to love?

Eonwe 04-24-2006 02:49 PM

I'm with roa on this one. I was just scolling donw to post that, but you beat me to it! :p

Eomer of the Rohirrim 04-24-2006 03:08 PM

Yes, it was Depp in Mexico. Well spotted you two; but Kath already got the Bonus Points. Sorry!

The 'accident' is not so much an accident, rather a vile act of torture.

Morsul the Dark 04-24-2006 04:50 PM

I still think no one(even the people in costumes...well ok maybe them) no one especially the ladies looks like theyre a lotr geek or geek in general for example Rinfanawen if I saw her the thought that she might remotely like lotr(or know what it is foor that matter) would never occur to me

Farael 05-11-2006 09:05 PM

Well, that's me

Well, after a long time of holding back on my promise, here's a picture of myself (and my sister... NO SHE IS NOT MY GIRLFRIEND)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...3/100_3660.jpg

If you are wondering, no... it's not some strange cultural thing, my face is painted because of an activity we were having at the place where I volunteer... Now I have my hair a bit shorter, but you get a general idea of what I look like. Tigerlily, feel free to my picture up on your page if you want to =) I'll e-mail it to you as well if you rather have it that way.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 05-12-2006 06:12 AM

Yay!

That's a great pic, Farael!

I like the flower on your left cheek. ;)