The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

Roa_Aoife 05-12-2006 06:14 AM

Tell your sister she's very pretty.

Lush 05-12-2006 04:27 PM

Haha, in the Middle East, Farael would be screaming at us for calling his sister pretty (she IS very pretty ;) ).

You're not too shabby yourself, Farael, if I may say so. :D

Farael 05-12-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lush
Haha, in the Middle East, Farael would be screaming at us for calling his sister pretty (she IS very pretty ;) ).

Don't go as far as the Middle East.... in Latin America older brothers will do the same... and as a little buddy from where I volunteer said once, out there is Canada, but in here it's Africa (he's from Congo if I'm not mistaken). Same concept applies, out there it's the Internet but in here it's Latin America =P Or should I say :mad: ? No, she is pretty =)

Quote:

You're not too shabby yourself, Farael, if I may say so. :D
*Blushes* Why, thanks =) I was feeling a bit self-conscious about the face-paint but it was all in good fun.

Celuien 05-12-2006 08:16 PM

Must echo what's been said. 'Tis a very nice picture. :)

Edit: Sigh. I'm feeling that my current picture (selected for a hidden meaning that maybe someone will pick up ;)) is inadequate. This one is probably better for the next update. I'll e-mail the replacement too.

Thanks for the great site, Tigerlily!

Diamond18 05-12-2006 10:07 PM

Very nice pics, Farael and Celuien! :) C., somehow that looks very different from the previous one -- but I cannot guess the hidden meaning. *ponders*

(Oh, and big brothers will raise their hackles everywhere :p)

Celuien 05-13-2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

C., somehow that looks very different from the previous one -- but I cannot guess the hidden meaning. *ponders*
Well, the old picture had the hidden meaning, which might not have been clear from my post last night. Has to do with my screen name. ;)

Quote:

Very nice pics
Thanks! :)

Feanor of the Peredhil 05-13-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diamond18
(Oh, and big brothers will raise their hackles everywhere :p)

*nod*

Great pics, everyone.

the guy who be short 05-13-2006 08:13 AM

I just noticed there's a pic of Blueearthmaiden up! You have annoyingly straight teeth. :) That is a compliment. You remind me of a girl from primary school infact... I wouldn't guess you so very old. :p

JennyHallu 05-13-2006 09:29 AM

Finally on the photo site...what do y'all think of me?

Thinlómien 05-13-2006 09:35 AM

Jenny, you look more hobbitish than I thought you'd look like. :) Anyway, the pic is nice nice and you look like a pretty hobbit lass.

JennyHallu 05-13-2006 09:37 AM

Hobbit...*sigh*

I wish I were less round.

narfforc 05-13-2006 10:09 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

You need not worry Jennyhallu, you are a very good looking young lady, and not a starving stick insect.

Feanor of the Peredhil 05-13-2006 10:30 AM

Jenny, you're kidding me. You're adorable!

Thinlómien 05-13-2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Hobbit...*sigh*

I wish I were less round.

Hmmm... You can sulk if you wish, but I think that one would rather be a pretty hobbit lass than ugly...

Kath 05-13-2006 11:33 AM

Hey now no self-deprecation please! You're all gorgeous, and let no one tell you otherwise!

JennyHallu 05-13-2006 12:13 PM

I'd rather be a pretty human lass. But I'm roundish.

Thinlómien 05-13-2006 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I'd rather be a pretty human lass.

Well, as you wish. :) I think you could be a breelander, a dalewoman or an esgarothian as well... And a beorning if you were a bit more hairy. :p

Celuien 05-13-2006 01:39 PM

The photo is very nice, Jenny. And Fea's right. You are adorable. :)

Lhunardawen 05-13-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I just noticed there's a pic of Blueearthmaiden up! You have annoyingly straight teeth. :) That is a compliment. You remind me of a girl from primary school infact... I wouldn't guess you so very old. :p

It just happened to be in a good angle, that's why. And hey, I'm NOT so very old... :p

Diamond18 05-13-2006 10:29 PM

I love your picture, Jenny. :) Doesn't match the image I had, but actually it does match your avatar. Kinda. With the hair... Anyway, psh about being too round. Psh and tsh and various other sounds that end in sh. You are, however, prettier than anyone who haunts the internet has a right to be. Which is an odd thing about this site, a lot of people here are that way.

I suspect half of you of posting fake pictures. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celuien
Well, the old picture had the hidden meaning, which might not have been clear from my post last night. Has to do with my screen name.

Well yes... and the old one is still on Tig's site. I still don't get it. :p

Nilpaurion Felagund 05-14-2006 04:56 AM

Cel(u) = fountain in Sindarin. That's where we get Celos, Eithel Somethingorother, and Ecthelion. Do I get bonus points, then, Celuien? :D

Vzv, about Farael . . . let's see . . .

Hernan Crespo: Hmmm . . .
Gabriel Batistuta: Hmmm . . .
Manu Ginobili: Had a haircut, but still, hmmm . . .

Conclusion: Wow, you look absolutely Argentine! :D

Not that you look like the aforementioned people. Do we have a picture of Miguel Najdorf on file?

No.

Bummer . . .

Celuien 05-14-2006 10:14 AM

Bonus points to Nilp. :)

The other part of the hidden message is that the photo was taken in the Italian Water Gardens in Hyde Park. Half of my family is Italian, so the photo contained a clue to 50% of my family heritage. :D But that particular meaning would only have been known to me, and also requires recognizing a particular spot in London.

wilwarin538 05-14-2006 04:06 PM

Nilp, do you mean this Miguel Najdorf? :p

Jenny: You're beautiful hun'. ;)

zifnab 05-16-2006 09:09 AM

hmmm

Is this the thread we come to, to build our ego up? I respect your input more then your appearance my fellow bipeds. And that is a compliment.

Diamond18 05-16-2006 12:09 PM

Not just to build our egos up, zif. There's the creepy stalker aspect as well.

Valier 05-16-2006 12:16 PM

Not all stalkers need a picture of their stalkee :p ......Hence my location...;)

JennyHallu 05-16-2006 02:50 PM

YAY! EGO!

Thank you all for that little boost. I needed it.

Nogrod 05-16-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

I love your picture, Jenny. :) Doesn't match the image I had, but actually it does match your avatar. Kinda. With the hair...

I agree totally with my WW-wife here. Nice one, but against many of my imaginings... And you're so young! (Take this as a compliment or not - it's up to you, but I kind of meant it in the complimentary way) But the red hair is "right" - and something in the attitude that you can see from the picture too...

And Farael: you've been so definitively the "Mario" for so long, that it's hard to think of you as that kind of slender young man with bright eyes and a nice smile. :)

As soon as I get grips with a decent photo of myself - that would be in digital format - I'll come forwards too. Maybe I should try to scan one (I'm just so bad in the use of these applications)? But this is a nice thread anyways...

littlemanpoet 05-20-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Bonus points to Nilp.

The other part of the hidden message is that the photo was taken in the Italian Water Gardens in Hyde Park. Half of my family is Italian, so the photo contained a clue to 50% of my family heritage. But that particular meaning would only have been known to me, and also requires recognizing a particular spot in London.

We were there! :eek: In October! Only because of a lost passport did we get the extra time. :rolleyes: That's at the end of the Serpentine! :)

Celuien 05-20-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
We were there! In October! Only because of a lost passport did we get the extra time. That's at the end of the Serpentine!

So close to a random meeting! We (well, 5/6 of the family) were there at the end of December and spent a significant amount of time wandering around that spot.

I have a picture of the Serpentine on my desktop... ;)

littlemanpoet 05-21-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

So close to a random meeting! We (well, 5/6 of the family) were there at the end of December and spent a significant amount of time wandering around that spot.

I have a picture of the Serpentine on my desktop... ;)

:) Cormorants. Princess Di's memorial. All kinds of sidewalks leading all over the greens. Very "forward" squirrels and pigeons. Dogs, dogs, and more dogs (with their owners): we saw Border collies, Great Danes, Golden Retrievers, you name it, they were there. London truly is a town for dogs and dog lovers. By the way, the Italian gardens are actually in Kensington Gardens, not Hyde Park; but that's an easy mistake to make, since they're right next door to each other.

Okay, that's probably about as off topic as it gets, so I promise to take this to PM if everybody else is just rolling their eyes. :p

Anguirel 05-21-2006 01:22 PM

I don't know if it's bad form to post pictures straight to this thread, but I'm so startled at my own ability to make a photobucket account that I can't resist...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...r/IMG_1432.jpg

I'm dressed up as King Philip II as France for the Mediaeval Banquet I attended last Thursday...

Celuien 05-21-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
By the way, the Italian gardens are actually in Kensington Gardens, not Hyde Park; but that's an easy mistake to make, since they're right next door to each other.

I stand corrected. Geography was never my best subject. :p

Further conversation best taken to PM, I think. :cool:

Very nice pic, Ang. The outfit is great!

Hookbill the Goomba 05-21-2006 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a new picture here. Personally, I like it, especially the expression on the Orc's face. :D

Use whichever one you think is best.

Diamond18 05-22-2006 12:21 AM

What an odd taste in friendship you have, Hookbill. :p ;)

Hookbill the Goomba 05-22-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

What an odd taste in friendship you have, Hookbill. :p ;)

Hay, he had chocolate! What was I supposed to do? :p
Well, someone has to be my friend. Feel sorry for the little chap.

Lalaith 05-22-2006 02:49 AM

Like the pout, Ang...very Another Country. And splendid costume, hope you had a lovely time.
I attended a mediaeval banquet once...I was a fair damsel in blue velvet, Mr Lalaith was a plague victim. His bubos kept falling off as we danced the Horses' Branle... :rolleyes:

Tigerlily Gamgee 05-22-2006 11:20 AM

First things first... if you want your picture to show up on the Barrow Downs photo page then you need to email it to me. I don't always come scouring through here to see if people have been posting photos and expecting them to show up on the other site.

Secondly, I'm sorry updates have been slow. I have had some recent emergencies in life... my car (got hit on the street and needed body work), my cat (got gum disease and I spent lots of time at the emergency and regular vet), and myself... so I haven't been around. I've been spending too much time worrying about getting my finances under control and getting my health back on track. This is on top of the fact that I work two jobs and am working 14 hours days a couple times a week.

So, I'm sorry if you get annoyed that your pictures don't show up right away, but right now I seem to be able to update about once a month... just so ya'll know.

Thanks.

JennyHallu 05-22-2006 11:41 AM

*hugs for Tigerlily* No problem, gal! We all get smacked around by real life once in a while, and I think it's safe to say that everyone really appreciates all the hard work you've put into the photo page. Hope both your cat and your car are doing better.

Anguirel 05-22-2006 11:44 AM

Of course we're not annoyed. Your work to please our whims is a privilege, not a given, and we're extremely grateful for it.