The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Telephone. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13160)

Hookbill the Goomba 04-23-2008 03:22 PM

I think we all agree Lommy's round was FANTASTIC! :D

I've sent the first sentence for the next game off to Rune who must ponder the deep secrets hidden within it...

(Hookbill) - Write
Rune Son of Bjarne - Draw
Thinlómien - Write
Aganzir - Draw
Beregond - Write
Nogrod - Draw
Legate of Amon Lanc - Write
Oddwen - Draw
The Elf-warrior - Write
Volo - draw
Kitanna - write
Eönwë - Draw
Finduilas - write
THE Ka - Draw
Rikae - Write
A Little Green - Draw
Holbytlass- Write
Lommy mk2 - Draw
The Might – Write

Any more?

Eönwë 04-23-2008 04:17 PM

Wow, I'm surprised this is the first game I joined.

Folwren 04-24-2008 07:59 AM

That last round was great! Good job everybody! All the pictures were fun to look at - so much detail in all of them - and the ensuing sentences cracked me up.

Macalaure 04-24-2008 12:53 PM

Awesome pictures and sentences everyone!

It's funny how Faramir became Aragorn, then became Boromir, then became Faramir again, then became Aragorn again, and finally ended up as Boromir again. :D

Hookbill's camouflage Britain and Beregond's unfairly treated Ent are especially hilarious!

And Lily's airplane should watch its language a little more. ;)

Eönwë 04-24-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macalaure (Post 553748)
And Lily's airplane should watch its language a little more. ;)

I was thinking the same thing, Mac.

Volo 04-25-2008 10:53 AM

:D:D

Here's a larger version of my picture if you have any interest.

A Little Green 04-25-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac
And Lily's airplane should watch its language a little more.

Well, unfortunately that is pretty much all the German I know (except from schumacher, but I thought it might have been a bit misleading... :p). Of course it could have said "sauerkraut" but it was a little too long..

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-25-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo (Post 553832)
Here's a larger version of my picture if you have any interest.

Ah, Volo, but now looking at it closely, why does that hippie dream about Gandalf being burned by Moomintroll-creatures-like (i.e. not creatures like Moomintroll, but like the creatures other than Moomintroll who often appear in the background in the Moomintroll pictures) who also partially resemble the Gungans? :D

Volo 04-25-2008 02:31 PM

Umm... What is he talking about? :rolleyes:

Nogrod 04-25-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo (Post 553852)
Umm... What is he talking about? :rolleyes:

I guess it could be the character called "Vilijonkka" in Finnish (I have no idea what it might be in any other language)... and I think there are a few of them... Or then not... Maybe they are those odd creatures you can see having party - like dancing by the fire - in the background in "Who would comfort Nyyti?" or on some other works as well... There is a similarity if you look at them!

THE Ka 04-25-2008 10:52 PM

Ah, these are all so good!

hee hee, Rikae's makes me snort every time I see it. :p

"I am smart". - Probably should be the only statement on Gandalf's business card.

I can't wait to see what this telephone turns out to be, hrmmm.

~ Ka

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-26-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 553857)
I guess it could be the character called "Vilijonkka" in Finnish (I have no idea what it might be in any other language)... and I think there are a few of them... Or then not... Maybe they are those odd creatures you can see having party - like dancing by the fire - in the background in "Who would comfort Nyyti?" or on some other works as well... There is a similarity if you look at them!

Fififjonka? (If that's it. Like the one who was afraid of catastrophes.) Definitely. Or these strange things who appear when the great fire is made in the winter (when that creature - Morana - sits on it) - some of them look like that.

Aganzir 04-26-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 553886)
(when that creature - Morana - sits on it) - some of them look like that.

Actually, she's called the Groke in English. :p

But those creatures look like some drawn by Tove Jansson. As a matter of fact, when I opened the pic and just glanced at it quickly (before reading Legate's comments), I first thought that the firework guy looked a bit like the Muskrat. :D

And for this post not being completely off-topic, I have sent my picture now.

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-26-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 553890)

Okay, that's the last off-topic comment for me, but to make it clear: I was saying how it is in Czech, for that's the only version in which I know it. :p :p

Aganzir 04-26-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 553891)
Okay, that's the last off-topic comment for me, but to make it clear: I was saying how it is in Czech, for that's the only version in which I know it. :p :p

Well yes, I thought so, but I felt it my duty to educate you. :p

[/off-topic]

Volo 04-26-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 553890)

Oh dear, the Groke sounds terrible. :/ Blah.

Now that I look at the picture myself, yes, maybe it does have a Janssonisque feel to it, most of all with the Aragorn though. :D

The Might 04-27-2008 02:23 AM

As usually I seem to be a bit late to congratulate all on the last round, however, I do indeed find it was one of the best so far.
I especially liked the whole Menels worshipping part as well as the German airplane. Great job, everyone!
Now I am really looking forward to this next one.

Nogrod 04-28-2008 03:18 AM

Sorry guys. It seems I have been dragging this down once again but I've had a real tight weekend and to top that I fell ill and have just slept and hanged around in the bathroom for the last two days... :(

I'll try to make my pic today so we can get this going again.

Rune Son of Bjarne 04-28-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 554015)
Sorry guys. It seems I have been dragging this down once again but I've had a real tight weekend and to top that I fell ill and have just slept and hanged around in the bathroom for the last two days... :(

I'll try to make my pic today so we can get this going again.

No worries Nogrod.

People are different. . . some people would ignore fire, sickness and war to keep this thread going and then there is you. :p

nah to be seriouse for a sec: it is too bad that you got sick, but I hope you are feeling better now.

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-28-2008 12:57 PM

Oh Nog, indeed, hope you feel better now - but despite that, you managed to make quite a masterpiece! :D

THE Ka 04-28-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune
People are different. . . some people would ignore fire, sickness and war to keep this thread going and then there is you.

Oh I know, seriously, as if there is any other thing to life... :p;)

I'm just hoping that my turn doesn't come around at the wrong time and it takes me five days or something to reach a scanner.
Besides that I'm quite interested in how this is going to turn out...

~ Ka

Hookbill the Goomba 04-29-2008 02:32 AM

I've sent the picture to The Elf-Warrior. Hopefully, I'll get a sentence before I go away for a few days so that Volo can do some weird stuff... Yeah.

Rune Son of Bjarne 04-29-2008 08:28 AM

If not then I am sure they can figure something out. . .

The Elf-warrior 04-29-2008 02:05 PM

Good news, I've wrote my sentence. :D

Aganzir 04-29-2008 02:10 PM

The round has lasted five days, and we're practically halfway through already. :eek::D

Finduilas 04-29-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 554171)
The round has lasted five days, and we're practically halfway through already. :eek::D

I know, it's amazing!

Eönwë 05-04-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 554171)

So ironic now.

Anyway, who's turn is it now?

Volo 05-05-2008 08:08 AM

Mine, but I've been to busy to give the picture a moment.

Hookbill the Goomba 05-05-2008 03:41 PM

goomba stats: still away on important governmet buisines.
Ihave limitd inrnet acess and no ie how much longr i'm gng to be. sorry for the inconvinience, bad speling and grammer.

The Might 05-06-2008 09:47 AM

Anyone writing want to swap with me?
I can also draw, but I would for now rather write. ;)

Hookbill the Goomba 05-07-2008 02:42 AM

Goomba status: back in business.

We can get this train wreck a-rolling.

THE Ka 05-08-2008 03:24 PM

Yay! Glad to hear you survived the hospital. :)
Hope you're keeping up okay.

~Ka

Eönwë 05-13-2008 02:26 PM

There, I sent it to Hookbill

Finduilas 05-14-2008 09:07 AM

I sent my sentence, but I'm not quite sure it sent... if you see what I mean. Did I Hookbill?

Hookbill the Goomba 05-14-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finduilas (Post 555586)
I sent my sentence, but I'm not quite sure it sent... if you see what I mean. Did I Hookbill?

I've not received it. Try again. :confused:

Finduilas 05-14-2008 10:00 AM

Tried again, hope it worked.

Hookbill the Goomba 05-15-2008 07:09 AM

Mr Might has said he can't draw at the moment, so we need another player to come in for a spot of drawing. Any takers?

Eönwë 05-20-2008 03:14 PM

*BUMP* (Or it wull disappear under all the sudden rsings of old, but still very amusing threads)

Hookbill the Goomba 05-20-2008 03:58 PM

We're waiting for A Little Green to finish her little picture that may or may not be green... Yes

Thinlómien 05-21-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 556018)
We're waiting for A Little Green to finish her little picture that may or may not be green... Yes

It's such a long time since she told me she would draw it "tomorrow"... I doubt she's going to do it today, but I'll force her to do it tomorrow... ;)