The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth Junior (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12256)

Glirdan 09-29-2005 06:49 PM

Perky, you're my savior.

Scratch that question. Perky has already said that he would take the job. And I thank you Perky!! :D I'm sure I;m going to need you to cover for me once in awhile, and even if you don't, you'll get a little reward. Thanks a ton for the Village name and being my bakcup mod!!

Anyway, we still need at least 5 more people and I've asked one person to join and I"m planning on asking someone else if they'd like to. Anyone who hasn't joined and wants to, hurry up. I'd like to get the game started soon.

The Only Real Estel 09-29-2005 07:44 PM

Personally I'd like to see Fea & Oddwen, as I believe they were two other 'veteran' BDers that missed the deadline for Holby's game.

Kitanna: I thought maybe if I signed up others would probably follow. It is a game for the 'juniors' but also those that missed out. The way I see it, if there were enough juniors that wanted in the vets should give up their spots but that doesn't seem to be the case this particular go-around.

Glirdan 09-29-2005 07:52 PM

I'll send out invitations to those two and Folwren. I've sent one to a newbie, feonor. That leaves space for one more person.

Oddwen 09-29-2005 08:13 PM

Thanks for the invite Glirdy & Co., but I don't have the time right now. :)

Glirdan 09-29-2005 08:17 PM

Drats!! Oh well, that leaves two spaces then. It would have been really cool to have more experienced players such as TORE and Kitanna.

The Perky Ent 09-29-2005 08:35 PM

Fwedawick, indeed :D

Any time, Glirdan!. I live to serve, and serve to live! Now I must go back to my island, where the first of our own are already slain :D

:smokin:

Glirdan 09-29-2005 08:59 PM

Idea!!!

I've just had a stroke of brilliance. I was going through the list of player's in Holby's game and I noticed Gurthang wasn't on there either so, I'm giving Gurthang an invite to join. So far, we still need 5 more players.

Quote:

Originally posted by the Ent who be Perky
Now I must go back to my island, where the first of our own are already slain
Yes, you'd better do that. They'll really be missing there weedpipe pusher, I mean seller. ;) :rolleyes:

Gurthang 09-29-2005 09:31 PM

Well, I wasnt' going to play, as I've been extremely busy lately. I have barely had time to sleep, but that's somewhat my own fault, too(cuz I just can't stay off the 'Downs at night! :D ). But how could I refuse such a grand invitation as what Glirdan sent me. So I will play, but I don't know how much I'll be able to post. Technically, since this is the Junior game, I'm kinda hoping it won't be as time consuming as the other game I was in.

I'm also wondering when the game is starting? Or is that dependant on when we have enough players. And I'll get you my occupation when I think of a good one. My last occupation almost got me killed at the start!

Btw, thanks for the invite, Glirdan! ;)

The Saucepan Man 09-30-2005 02:11 AM

Glirdan, any reason why you're holding out for 15 players? 12 players should be enough for a good game with the roles you have.

Sleepy Ranger 09-30-2005 02:39 AM

And I forgot to mention, I'll be playing a male.

Thinlómien 09-30-2005 04:00 AM

The name of the village

What about Sleepy Slope? Or Dozytown? Or Snoopyville? Or Wulfenberg? Or Dozeoff? Or Lilleville? Or The Bathtub Village? Or Crowdeep? (Yeah, I know I have too much imagination just now...)

Thinlómien 09-30-2005 06:01 AM

Since I have never (surprisingly!) played a WW game, I would like to ask a question: isn't that so that when you (Glirdy) post us roles, then you wait that you get a confirmation from everybody, that they've received their roles and announce the starting day? So we won't be starting so that someone doesn't know/notice we start? (I know, it was a stupid question, but I had to know...)

The Only Real Estel 09-30-2005 07:56 AM

Glirdan, you might look up Lhuna. I remembered last night that it was her and Fea, not Oddwen and Fea that had expressed their remorse upon missing the cut.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-30-2005 08:05 AM

I've changed my mind. Insane as I might be for doing this, I want in. I shall play... the villiage insomniac, as I will be posting mainly late at night due to university requirements like actually going to class and doing homework. (I'm on GMT -5, if that matters). I might miss a day/night/whatever or two, depending on how they fall, but I'll give advance once we start. And I'm female, as always.

Rune Son of Bjarne 09-30-2005 08:57 AM

I forgot to inform you that i am a temp. so i can never no when i am going to work it could be night or day. I am on UTC/GMT +1
(male)

Alfheim could be translated to elvenhome !

Sleepy Ranger 09-30-2005 09:07 AM

My posts will either be late at night or early in the morning since I'm GMT + 3. But I'll have a post a day no matter. :)

Glirdan 09-30-2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

Btw, thanks for the invite, Glirdan!
No problem Gurthang. ;)

Quote:

I'm also wondering when the game is starting? Or is that dependant on when we have enough players.
Quote:

Glirdan, any reason why you're holding out for 15 players? 12 players should be enough for a good game with the roles you have.
I'll answer both at once because they have something to do with each other. In answer to Gurthang's question, it's depending on having enough people. I'm just waiting to get an answer from Lhuna and Folwren to see if they want to play. Saucy, it's because it's funner when there's more people and the game lasts longer, soooo.... Not to mention if we have 15 players, the amount of Cursed and Gifted compared to that of Ordinary Villagers is pretty even.

Quote:

What about Sleepy Slope? Or Dozytown? Or Snoopyville? Or Wulfenberg? Or Dozeoff? Or Lilleville? Or The Bathtub Village? Or Crowdeep? (Yeah, I know I have too much imagination just now...)
Thanks for those offers, but we have a name thanks to Perky!! The name is Fwedawick. How's that for original?

Quote:

Since I have never (surprisingly!) played a WW game, I would like to ask a question: isn't that so that when you (Glirdy) post us roles, then you wait that you get a confirmation from everybody, that they've received their roles and announce the starting day? So we won't be starting so that someone doesn't know/notice we start? (I know, it was a stupid question, but I had to know...)
I'll be figuring out the roles as soon as I get an answer form Lhuna and Folwren. I'll send out your roles through a PM letting you know if you're going to be and Ordinary Villager, a Wolf, the Seer, The Ranger, The Hunter or the Cobbler.

If we can, we'll start the night that I send out the roles which will hopefully be by Monday at the latest. Hope that answered all you're questions.

Glirdan 09-30-2005 06:39 PM

I know I've double posted a lot, but I'd rather not expand my previous post thanks. And if you need to double post, please feel free to do so.

So far, the players are:

Hiriel- Deaf librarian
Rune Son of Bjarne- Bailif
WaynetheGoblin- Babysitter
Eonwe- Shady, black market guy who has deals with Dwarves
Thinlomien- Healer
The Only Real Estel- Peach Cobbler maker
Malkatoj- Drunk Fencer
Kitanna- Village Hermit
Sleepy Ranger- Innkeeper
Bergil
Gurthang
Feanor of the Peredhil- Village Incomniac

I might have Folwren in it to. If I don't get a definte answer by tomorrow from her and Lhuna by the first time I come on, I'll figure out the roles tomorrow, send them out and possibly start the game tomorrow night at around 10:30pm Eastern Time. If you don't have your role in by then, I'll pick one for you.

Folwren 09-30-2005 07:42 PM

*runs up panting*

Alright, here I am! Blamed computer doesn't move very fast and it's awful hard work lugging it behind me, but I'm here.

I'll play a male (:D) and my name's Jack in this game. Won't answer to anything else. And I'm the Blacksmith/Farrier. If I'm not at my smithy, I'm with my trusty horse, Blakeney - a tall, slender, very handsome bay (brown with black highlights and with black mane and tail). Broke him myself, I did.

Looking forward to it, everyone.

-- Jack

Glirdan 09-30-2005 07:59 PM

Cool. I think we'll be starting by tomorrow night. How's that for everyone?

For those who don't know who this game works, I'll explain how you win. I'll also repost some of this stuff once the game gets started.

If you're a villager, you win once the Wolves have all been found and lynched.
If you're a wolf, you'll win once the number of villagers is equal to the amount of wolves left. Example, if all three wolves are alive still at the end and there are three villagers, the Wolves will win and can move out into the open.

Other rules we need to discuss, do we want to allow double lynches? I will not have mass lynchings and also nonretractable votes (can't take back your vote once you've voted.) As for the doulbe lynchings, for those newbies out there, a double lynch is when you have the same amount of votes for two people. Do we want to allow this? If there are any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Another thing, try to incorporate your occupation into the actual game. For those of you who have played an RPG and would like to play the game as an RPG like we did on the first day for WW X, feel free to do so.

BTW, I still need a role from Bergil and Gurthang. If I don't have your roles by tomorrow, I'll make up one for you myself, and it might be something stupid.

malkatoj 09-30-2005 08:06 PM

double lynchings

From my own personal (non-Barrow-Downs) experience, double lynchings are annoying and pointless. It's nice for the werewolves, but more often than not, villagers die these days. However, from what I've read in other BD games, people are more active so there's more of a reason to lynch people, instead of just going on and making up something stupid.

I'm against them, but not strongly. Do what you will.

Glirdan 09-30-2005 08:46 PM

On second thought, I think I'll send out the roles tonight. 13 is a good number. We'll go with that. Expect to start tomorrow by 10:30 pm Eastern time. I will, however give Gurthang and Bergil a chance to decide what occupation they would like. If you guys don't have it in by at least 9:00pm Eastern tomorrow, I'll decide your occupation for you.

The players with their roles are (alphabetically):

Bergil- Busker
Eonwe- shady black market type guy who has deals with Dwarves
Feanor of the Peredhil- Village Insomniac
Folwren- wants to be known as Jack, Blacksmith/Farrier, horse named Blakeney
Gurthang-
Hiriel- Deaf Librarian
Kitanna- Village Hermit
Malkatoj- Drunk Fencer
Rune Son of Bjarne- Bailiff
Sleepy Ranger- Innkeeper
The Only Real Estel- Peach Cobbler maker
Thinlomien- Healer
WaynetheGoblin- Babysitter

BTW, Gurthang and Bergil, you can't take town poet as an occupation. That's mine. :p ;)

Towns name- Fwedawick

I'll be starting a new thread for the game. It will be called "WWJ I- A New Saga, A New Beginning...Or Is It!?!?!?"

~Rules~

- Nonretractable votes. Once you vote, no going back.
- We won't have double lynchings. If a tie occurs, the person who got the first vote will be lynched
-If you don't post at least within a 2 Day period, you'll be lynched.
- No talking about the game in other threads, even when you're dead. And no PMimg about either unless you're the Wolves. If you're a dead wolf, you're dead. No PMing the other Wolves about the game.

Everybody got that? I'll be sending out the roles shortly.

Glirdan 10-01-2005 07:01 AM

On second thought, I'll give them until say 1:00 pm Eastern Time. That way, I can get the game started and the Wolves can PM each other. I'll be posting my death at 10:30pm.

Got a question for Saucy or any of the other previous mods. Does the Seer dream about someone the night that the mod dies?

wilwarin538 10-01-2005 07:15 AM

Quote:

Does the Seer dream about someone the night that the mod dies?
Yes.

Glirdan 10-01-2005 07:20 AM

Ok. But the Ranger and Hunter don't choose anyone, right?

BTW, Thanks Wilwa! :D ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-01-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Ok. But the Ranger and Hunter don't choose anyone, right?

BTW, Thanks Wilwa! :D ;)

Yes, the Seer dreams, no the Ranger and Hunter don't choose. Since the wolves are killing the mod, there's no reason for them to work.

PS: which roles are being played this game? Three wolves, one seer, one ranger, one hunter...?

Glirdan 10-01-2005 08:02 AM

...and one cobbler. Ok? And thanks for that Fea. :D Just needed a few clarifications before the game started.

Sleepy Ranger 10-01-2005 08:03 AM

Can hardly wait. Should be great :)
Seeing how my time is quite a bit off could somebody tell me how many hours are left?

Glirdan 10-01-2005 08:07 AM

12 hours and 20 minutes. I'm starting it late because I don't really have time during the day on the weekday's because of school. at 10:30 however, I do have time. Soooo.....

Bergil 10-01-2005 09:45 AM

I already said my role, I'm a busker (if you don't know what that is it's someone who does something entertaining (usually playing music) on a street corner and asks people to give him money). just write "busker". I'll try and start as many posts as i can with a few lines from a real (cf; not written by me) song. also, did you say it starts tomorrow?

Glirdan 10-01-2005 09:51 AM

Night 1 will be starting shortly after 1:00 today. Day 1 will start at 10:30 tonight, hopefully.

Bergil 10-01-2005 09:56 AM

HEY! GLIRDAN! READ MY LAST POST!
Sorry if you already read it, but you didn't edit the "role list"

Glirdan 10-01-2005 09:59 AM

I read it!!! No need to bite my head off!!! I'm doing other things to, like homework, babysitting, and a ton of other things you know. I just edited it. Now Gurthang has an hour to come on and give me his role.

Glirdan 10-01-2005 11:01 AM

Well, it's one o'colck everyone. Since Gurthang still hasn't come on to tell me what his role is, I'll be picking it for him. The game will be starting momentarily. Everyone please stop posting on this thread unless it's to say you'll be absent for awhile or to explain an absence. Have fun and good luck.

The Only Real Estel 10-01-2005 07:49 PM

I regret to announce that I will most likely not be able to post on Sunday (as usual). There's always the chance, but don't count on it...and don't lynch me. ;)

Oh, & Glirdan, though I'll probably be able to figure it out after your death post in the game thread, what time are we using for this game?

Glirdan 10-01-2005 08:25 PM

You'll soon see TORE. I'm about to post it.

Lhunardawen 10-02-2005 07:00 AM

Am I even allowed to post here?

Sorry, Glirdan. As you probably would have realized by now, I can't join after all. Thanks for inviting me, anyway. :)

And thank you too, Estel, for remembering me. :)

Rune Son of Bjarne 10-02-2005 12:33 PM

Look at this ! ! !

Sleepy Ranger is having trouble using the downs so he might not be posting for a day or two. (Just so you know)

Glirdan 10-02-2005 12:38 PM

Ok. Thanks for letting me know Rune. So everybody lay off Sleepy Ranger until he comes back. I might be a little late tonight posting the lynching of whoever you guys lynch. But I'll ask you to stop, if I haven't said so before then, to stop voting at exactly 10:30, or whenever Fea says to because she's pretty much in the same time zone as me. You wouldn't mind doing that for me Fea?

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-02-2005 02:38 PM

Not a problem at all, m'boy.