The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A silly little poll, but... favourite Noldorin king? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3526)

Gil-Galad 07-05-2004 09:53 PM

meh i would have challenged him too if those Valar didn't get there first...

Saraphim 07-11-2004 07:01 PM

So many Fingolfin fans. And I join their ranks. Fingolfin is the High King of the Noldor.

Gil-Galad 07-12-2004 10:30 AM

Was the high king

Saraphim 07-12-2004 04:51 PM

That depends on your point of view. Does his dying make him not the High-King? Perhaps not the ruling High-King, just a dead one.

Gil-Galad 07-12-2004 04:58 PM

He Ceased to exist in that world, so he ceased to be the high king

yavanna II 07-16-2004 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altariel
Wooop! Hail Feanor Worshipers indeed!

Heh. Hitler? Except Feanor wasn't a genocidal maniac. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

As for "not saying anything good about Hitler," the man did things that were absolutely abhorrent. There's no denying that his bigotry was sickening and his crimes during WWII monstrous almost beyond comprehension... but then again, there's no denying that he would never have gained the influence he had without charisma and, dare I say it, a certain degree of intelligence.

i beg ur pardon.....
Feanor was a genocidal maniac.... what the hell do ya call the Kinslaying? Nevertheless, Feanor's the best....[We have things in common--like the temper issue--so what can you expect?]

Bombadil 07-16-2004 10:17 PM

Fëanor! Fëanor!

Oh boy! I'm in a Tolkien club at school, and my friend and I are grilled all the time for liking Fëanor. I definitely admit he did some questionable things (understatement) but how can you not love that rebellious fëa! I think Tolkien did a great job constructing his lines. And c'mon, how great was it when he went ahead of his party right to the gates of Angband! Sure, everyone likes Fingolfin when he does it! :p

The Perky Ent 07-25-2004 11:19 AM

Hmm.I'd have to say, Finwë. He is truly one of, if not, the bravest. I mena, when your entire city and defence abandons you in fear, and you're the only one standing up to pure evil, you gotta have a lot of guts. Another admerable quality about him was that he would give his life, and did, for the protection of his son's work. Now that's good parenting!

Gil-Galad 07-25-2004 11:21 AM

Finwes heart did stay with Feanor, he even defended Formenos by himself when all others fled...i wonder if that fortress is still being used?

The Perky Ent 07-25-2004 11:27 AM

Yeah. When the Noldor returned at the end of the First Age, they probably went back there. Yeah, Finwë did so much, and Feanor did a great job repaying him. He was honerable in all aspects of life.

Isowen 08-04-2004 02:25 PM

I'd have to say Gil-Galad or Feanor. I'm not sure why, I just like their characters1

the phantom 08-04-2004 10:33 PM

Feanor has no rival!

Feanor is awesome.
Quote:

For Feanor was made the mightiest in all parts of body and mind, in valour, in endurance, in beauty, in understanding, in skill, in strength and in subtlety alike, of all the Children of Iluvatar, and a bright flame was in him.
One of my favorite Sil quotes.
Quote:

Then Feanor ran from the Ring of Doom, and fled into the night; for his father was dearer to him than the Light of Valinor or the peerless works of his hands; and who among sons, of Elves or of Men, have held their fathers of greater worth.
Thought I'd throw that in to show the oft forgotten loving side of Feanor.

Fordim Hedgethistle 02-22-2006 02:06 PM

Here we go again

I just couldn't let this discussion go away...

Go here so you can register your vote.