The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Members pics & Barrowdowns family Tree (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4697)

Alkanoonion 12-30-2002 07:04 PM

I will fix the page in the next 10 min, I will fix OneWhiteTree's picture then.

[ December 30, 2002: Message edited by: Alkanoonion ]

Eruwen 12-30-2002 07:46 PM

OMG, ok, that's not the best picture of me I've seen. And for some reason I look so young in it! I am only 15, but I look like I'm 10 or something. Whoa...too bad I don't have a better pic I can put on there.

But hey, great job with the site Alkanoonian! It looks great.

Alkanoonion 12-31-2002 02:00 AM

I like your picture, it has a wholesome feel to it, [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] and as for looking like you are ten in 5-10 years you will wish that you still looked as young so enjoy your youth. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I still have lots of room on the page so get your pics in and if you like I can also host a Barrow pet’s page. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gorwingel 12-31-2002 02:38 AM

What about a digital photo? Because I have those, but none that are scanned.

Alkanoonion 12-31-2002 06:28 AM

Digital is fine just send your pics to my email.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Amanaduial the archer 12-31-2002 05:51 PM

Thats not really Judge Simon is it?

Ive sent my pic to you Alk. I couldnt get any colour ones; the last one I had done was in a photo booth and is in black and white. Its the only pic I have within several years.

Alkanoonion 01-02-2003 10:26 PM

Mr Barrow-Wight & Co.
Is it possible for me to get an active member list with members Numbers for our Downs Family tree?

To get your picture added send your picture to my e-mail
Jwahl@bigpond.com or Thain@breeunderbreehill.com

I also need all active members who would like to be included in the Downs, but have not yet sent in a pic or message for the Family tree to message/e-mail me with their Picture and or member number for inclusion in the family tree. I am looking at starting the Tree this weekend so act fast. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Alkanoonion ]

Brinniel 01-05-2003 03:54 AM

Yay, I'm very happy to see new pics.
Quote:

Brinniel and I took a few when we went to the premiere together, I wonder how those turned out.
Well, I have develop the film first. My mom's getting a scanner soon so once the film is developed, I'll scan them. I hope the pics turns out ok. It'll be nice to display our TTT pride by the Christmas tree :D.
Quote:

Brinniel looks very much like someone I know too.
Really? Well, actually that's not the first time someone's told me that. I never thought I had "one of those faces."
Or perhaps the world is smaller than we think. ;)

Alkanoonion 01-05-2003 08:21 PM

Ok don’t be shy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] we have lots more room for your pictures, I have two more members to add tonight but I need more. Can the people who have not sent a picture or submitted their member number for the family tree please send me your name and member number ASAP. (You do not want to miss out of this great opportunity to have you name immortalised)

Out of 3000+ members I only have 15 names and I do not want to have to search for each member, as my time is limited.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 01-06-2003 03:30 AM

Do you have my name and number? I think I told you it, I'm not sure.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]

Alkanoonion 01-06-2003 05:01 AM

I do Now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
If all fails I will have to just read each topic and grab the names and number from that.

Amanaduial the archer 01-06-2003 03:12 PM

Just curious; what do you mean by a family tree?

Alkanoonion 01-06-2003 03:35 PM

The plan is to have a great big image of a tree with all the Barrow Downs members names listed from the first member to the last, Can be used as a method of identifying / remembering past members and current Downs members. I am going to hunt through the old topics to find members names and number but due to my limited time available and the fact that the downs has over 3000 members The Family tree will take a little longer to complete than first anticipated. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

onewhitetree 01-06-2003 07:19 PM

I think that the reason the picture of me doesn't work is because it was taken offline a while ago, so that might be the problem if you were linking to another URL. It was taken offline because I was fourteen in the picture and am somewhat beyond that now (how much beyond will be left open for speculation). Honestly, Alkanoonion, I don't know where you got it because it is so not the pic I sent you so long ago. (;
This is an accurate representation of my current visage.

Alkanoonion 01-06-2003 07:34 PM

Thanks for the updated picture. I do not know how I got the old pic, but it was on my barrow members folder on my home comp. I will update the members picture page tonight. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] http://www.breeunderbreehill.com/28e1a1c0.gif

http://www.breeunderbreehill.com/26c0f200.gif

Gorwingel 01-06-2003 10:08 PM

I was just wondering, Alkanoonion, did you get my photo and number. I am not very good at E-Mail and it was one of my first that I have ever sent (Don't laugh, I just really have no purpose for it), so I was having trouble. I just wanted to know [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Alkanoonion 01-07-2003 02:48 AM

yep I got your e-mail sorry for not adding the pic sooner it will be up tonight.

Raefindel 01-07-2003 05:15 PM

Kalimac, It's good to finally be able to put a face to your personality. Where was that taken?

Gorwingel Nice Picture. Not as I'd imagined you, somehow.

Gorwingel 01-07-2003 05:31 PM

Raefindel how did you imagine me? Now I am intrigued, do I look younger than I sound or do I sound younger than I am, though the picture does look good
[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Kalimac 01-08-2003 12:38 AM

Alkanoonion, just want to extend a thank you for doing all that work with the pictures. It looks really nice.

Thank you, Rae! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I meant to do it a while ago, have just been lazy about getting pictures scanned in. Hope my face didn't come as too much of a shock to you [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] . That picture was taken last June in Spain (On the Alhambra walls, looking down on Granada, to be specific). There were a lot of other ones but in most of them you either couldn't see my face very well or I was making silly expressions at my husband, since he was holding the camera.

Gorwingel, if it matters, by your name I had somehow thought of you being/looking older. (Nothing wrong with that, of course - then you'll have had 20 years to read the Sil and engage in those lofty arguments that the rest of us can only dream of engaging in).

burrahobbit 01-08-2003 02:08 AM

Who is Steve?

Alkanoonion 01-08-2003 04:48 AM

Steve is member 3695
Member Status: Haunting Spirit
Member Number: 3695
Homepage: http://
Interests: Performing Music
Your Picture: http://breeunderbreehill.com/21f30f90.jpg
some tipics he has posted in
Strange that no one has thought of it before... September 26, 2002 The Books
The "Fair" Sex in LotR July 24, 2002 The Books
Before and after the movie July 25, 2002 The Books
Tolkien's Battles July 25, 2002 The Books
Who were more powerful Men or Elves July 23, 2002 The Books
What is Tom Bombadil July 23, 2002 The Books
Sauron and the Ring July 23, 2002 The Books
Dwarven Weaponry July 24, 2002 The Books
rohan v.s. gondor July 24, 2002 The Books
Ents...I Wonder... July 25, 2002 The Books
City of the Corsairs July 25, 2002 The Books
Guess what, another dumb question on my part,, suprising isnt it July 26, 2002 The Books
Still forming your own images of MIddle Earth? Or stuck with Elijah and Co.? July 26, 2002 The Books
Shelob=Big spider July 27, 2002 The Books
Did Gil-galad have children ? August 17, 2002 The Books
Bad Guy Life spans August 19, 2002 The Books
What would have happened if Frodo had left when Gandalf told him? August 23, 2002 The Books
Multi thoughts September 08, 2002 The Books
New ME weapons? September 22, 2002 The Books
Middle Earth AirForce October 07, 2002 The Books
The most powerful good characters October 19, 2002 The Books
Possibility of war in 4:th age October 19, 2002 The Books
Of the Eagles, Elves and Warfare October 23, 2002 The Books
The Three Houses of Men October 26, 2002 The Books
Nine for Mortal Men Doomed to Die November 07, 2002 The Books
Sarumon and Sauron's War November 21, 2002 The Books
I say Cirith you say Kirith November 28, 2002 The Books
Dumb Question about the Nazgul but would appreciate an answer December 06, 2002 The Books
Gothmog a nazgul? December 09, 2002 The Books
Dark Heros of Men

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] http://breeunderbreehill.com/28d0f0f0.gif

dragoneyes 01-08-2003 01:13 PM

That would be why I don't know him either, he's always in the books.

Amanaduial the archer 01-08-2003 02:24 PM

Wow, you ask about like any member and you get their entire profile...

still, hes really not how I imagined him. possible cos he once posted on an RP thread with a character whose name means swan...

Tigerlily Gamgee 01-09-2003 12:47 AM

Had to wait to get back to my own computer to check out the page.
It looks great! There are so many new pictures that I hadn't seen (Darkrose, Diamond18, & Susan Delgado... to say the least).
I must say, this is one forum full of lots of good-looking dead people. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alkanoonion 01-09-2003 06:23 AM

This Link here will take you to the Barrow Downs Members listing page showing the progress of the Family Tree project. I have over 150 names now and I hope to have more this weekend.

Eärendil 01-09-2003 11:11 AM

I will have to bother you mr. Alkanoonion... I am thankful for all your work and effort, but..you didn´t spell my name correctly... *Eärendil says, slightly hurt* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Eärendil ]

Raefindel 01-09-2003 01:14 PM

Wow Alk! Your family tree has come a long way! Your site is great!

Alkanoonion 01-09-2003 03:33 PM

Sorry about the bad spelling I will check the spelling once I have all the names but if I have spelled anyone else’s name incorrectly please e-mail me
jwahl@bigpond.com or
Thain@breeunderbreehill.com

Thanks Raefindel, I aim to please.
I think a Family tree would help people if only to find that old login that they misplaced, could also help Mr B remove any profiles doubled up.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Diamond18 01-09-2003 10:38 PM

Quote:

I must say, this is one forum full of lots of good-looking dead people.
Yes! And we should use those pages to refute and rebut our bad repute as people who think that knowing Elvish is more important than washing and other forms of personal hygene—or who can't get dates. Ha! Ha ha!

(BTW, new status title, Tigerlily? I like it. Sounds...possessed...mwah ha ha.)

Tigerlily Gamgee 01-10-2003 12:31 AM

Thanks Diamond [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I thought it really related to my little beer lass avatar.

The family tree is great. Now I see where everyone falls in place [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Amanaduial the archer 01-10-2003 01:06 PM

Loving it Alk! All the pages now look fantastic! Some of the names I havent seen before are funny- like Olorins_dumber_older_brother.

Im mym on Bree, so if youre building up the bree member page in the same way at the same time, pleas use the same picture as is on p2. Nice fish pic by the way! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alkanoonion 01-10-2003 05:18 PM

shhhh.... Gollum will hear you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Pallando B.C 01-10-2003 07:44 PM

Great Site, Alkanoonion

You have obviously put alot of time and effort into, what is and will be a great family tree.

But on the spelling note.....Pollando B.C, it should be Pallando B.C.

Thanks, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Raefindel 01-11-2003 10:47 PM

Gorwingel, I clearly took you to be younger because you mentioned your parents(on another thread) I figured you for one of the 400 new 13-15 year-olds we have on the Downs.

Your are quite the Beautiful young lady.

dragoneyes 01-12-2003 06:08 AM

What's the matter with 13-15 year olds?

Raefindel 01-12-2003 11:00 AM

Not a thing, sweetie, Just misjudged Gorwingel. You are as welcome on the forum as anyone else.

Amanaduial the archer 01-12-2003 02:04 PM

Thankyou!

Ithaeliel 01-12-2003 02:10 PM

I'm 15 in 14 days! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That's the same as Australia Day. Go Aussie!

Anyway, there ought to be a new pic of me up soon if it isn't already, so you'll get to see me in a better state this time [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. It was taken right after the premiere of TTT.

Raefindel 01-12-2003 02:42 PM

Can't wait to see it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]