The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Werewolf LXXXI: Under the Misty Mountains (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=16850)

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-25-2010 07:36 PM

Haha fiiiiiine. Legate is Other Guy and Zil is Elrohir.

I was actually accused a few Days ago of modeling Elrohir's appearance after Shasta! :eek:

Nienna 09-25-2010 07:38 PM

Children, children... You leave my sight for a few hours and you mass murder? Lovely.

I win too.

Loslote 09-25-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 640046)
Haha fiiiiiine. Legate is Other Guy and Zil is Elrohir.

Ohhhhh! That explains so much. :p

Folwren 09-25-2010 08:36 PM

There was another modfire after you made that threat?

I still think I shouldn't've been killed. I WAS an innocent.

I'm sorry I killed you, Sally. It's the only thing I regret in this game, really.

Yeah, who are the other elves?

-- Foley

Folwren 09-25-2010 08:37 PM

Inzil was guilty? Okay, so, yeah, that's another thing I regret. He had me hoodwinked.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-25-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 640050)
There was another modfire after you made that threat?

Celuien. I briefly contemplating calling it quits the moment I got that PM since everybody playing my game was either getting freakishly ill all of a sudden (ex: Mira, me, etc) or ended up freakishly allergic to things (ex: me, Sally, Boro, etc) or completely freakishly overwhelmed with life/work (ex: Glirdy and Celuien) or dead interwebs (ex: Noggins and Greenie, very nearly me)...

I really think this was the most cursed game in BD history.

Nerwen 09-25-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 640051)
Inzil was guilty? Okay, so, yeah, that's another thing I regret. He had me hoodwinked.

See why lynching everyone was a good idea? I know it was over the top, but we won, didn't we? (Yes, we did win, people. That's how the game works.;) I assume the mods are just kidding us.)

Nerwen 09-25-2010 09:13 PM

Anyway, thanks for the game, Fea and Ni! It's a pity it was marred by the Terrible Elven Curse of Doom... Still, the narrations were cool.

Loslote 09-25-2010 09:18 PM

The narrations were amazing! Seriously, best. Ever. :D

Also, fail!me failed. Epically. :rolleyes: Sorry, packmates.

Inziladun 09-25-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 640051)

At least I worked my magic on one person. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 640055)
Also, fail!me failed. Epically. :rolleyes: Sorry, packmates.

Worry not, Ms. New Fenris. ;) Fail on my part as well, packmates. We did the best we could; at least we killed the Seer. Sorry about voting Greenie for the lynch, but I couldn't have stopped it. At best I could have tied her with Nerwen, but that would no doubt have led to my swift demise the next Day.

Good teamwork from the Orcish sde. I was briefly optimistic after we actually guessed correctly and got Mira, but I saw no way out of the voting plan. We couldn't oppose it without blatantly appearing suspicious.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-25-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 640053)
I assume the mods are just kidding us.)

We're not.

Inziladun 09-25-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 640052)
I really think this was the most cursed game in BD history.

For my part, this game from the beginning coincided with a confluence of unlikely RL events (mostly work related) that led not only to low participation from me, but also to my not really having my head in the game.
Once again, sorry mates.

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-25-2010 09:32 PM

As a sidenote, I had this one really sad moment last night when I realized that without Pitchwife playing, I'd never be able to make any proper PitchPhorc jokes...

Also, it downright delighted me that an double-ordo double-lynch was orchestrated singularly by ordos. If the orcs hadn't drank the kool-aid toDay, I really do believe the elfie baby wockies would have won the day.

Oh, and though he might want to reveal this himself, I'm taking it from him because I'm proud of his epic-ness: the Night Noggles got ninjaed? He'd sent me a woeful PM saying that all of his suspicions had failed him and that starting first thing in the Morning he was going to be going after Greenie and Legate. So good on you, Elvsies, for killing him when you did, otherwise I really doubt you'd have made it as far.

Folwren 09-25-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen
See why lynching everyone was a good idea?

I'm pretty stubborn, so nope, I'm afraid I don't quite see it that way. I'd like to argue it, but I think that would make you mad at me, and I would just be arguing because it's a good debate, not because I'm actually upset. Now that's it's done with, I'm not mad or anything. I just don't agree...lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 640057)
We're not.

And, see? It didn't work anyway.

Fea, I'm sorry people kept dropping out of your game. That would have been extraordinarily vexing. I kind of know the feeling, though, with RPGs these days. *sigh*

It was a blast, folks. I won't be able to play again until the end of this semester, I don't think.

-- Folworc

Nerwen 09-25-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 640057)
We're not.

Okay, but I'm claiming it as a village victory– which it was according to the actual way WW works. And I'm going to list it as such in my stats. If you wanted to declare it impossible for any players to win, you should have done that when Cel dropped out.

Besides, it's not our fault people had to quit. It's just bad luck. Come on, Fea, don't be a spoilsport.

Nerwen 09-25-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 640060)
And, see? It didn't work anyway.

Yes, it did. It's a victory according to the normal rules of werewolf.

Shastanis Althreduin 09-25-2010 10:25 PM

Mmm, delicious kool-aid.

And I knew Legate was an Elf! :p

Thanks for hosting, Fea/Ni, and awesome doodles, Fea. <3

Shastanis Althreduin 09-25-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fea
I was actually accused a few Days ago of modeling Elrohir's appearance after Shasta!

Wait, when was this? :smokin:

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-25-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 640065)
Wait, when was this? :smokin:

From Noggles in a PM. It's the hair, I think. :p

Thinlómien 09-26-2010 02:53 AM

HA!

We won! I'm not even sad by being completely fooled by Legate because I got my epic bloodbath suggestion thorugh and a victory to the village. :p

Also, happy to have caught Zil. :smokin:

I liked this game a lot, thanks everybody, especially the moddessess. <3 I'm sorry to have been a part of bringing such a quick end to it, but at least now this game won't mess up my RL schedules anymore... ;)

PS. Dear Moddessess, don't sulk, you just shouldn't have allowed either splitting the votes or multiple lynches (which I dislike anyway). That's why we won it so easily this time...

Legate of Amon Lanc 09-26-2010 03:11 AM

Ah well, I guess there was no way to stop that one... a slight downside of unlimited multi-lynches, I'd say (that goes also for the opposite, for instance if it happened that all SoE got into the Rep position and decided to wipe out nine villagers plus one at Night). Experiments need checking for balance, I know it also from personal experience... Nonetheless! This was really fun game, and I especially liked my pack. Thanks, Inzil (good cooperation!), Greenie (brave, how unfortunate ending!) and Lottie (what a pity you couldn't last longer!). And what I liked a lot was that I managed to generally refrain from being suspected, in fact, all of us mostly did. Ah, what an unfortunate turn of events. Although, I must say, catching the Seer was giving us nightmares, right, Zil? One of the most memorable parts of the game was probably going through endless options on the Night when Mira was killed. (And that same Night, I actually concluded that phorc has to be OoUA! It was his attempt to "Seer-contact" somebody - we of course knew that the OoUA has sided with the village - and then, I have concluded that his "Orcs are baddies" was his way of interpretating the game, as the only thing that didn't make sense for me was that Phantom would not have joined the Wolves - I would have expected the OoUA to join the SoE "for sport" and also because they were baddies, and then I thought that the problem was that the "Wolves" were not baddies in this game, so perhaps that...)

Anyway, it was enjoyable, hats off to Shasta for good spotting and to Nerwen for keeping her identity tactically so well... and to everybody else, it was really nice. Except for the ending :p (I must say, I really think game-wise it was a bit lame, regardless of the side I was on. Although in a way, if the game continued, I am not sure if the ending would have been more spectacular. On the other hand, narration-wise, what ending could possibly have been more Orc-like than everybody killing each other, eh?)

And thanks for the game to Fea and Ni, for giving us a Rep game after some time again, and for putting a new fresh wind into the way of making narrations :)

wilwarin538 09-26-2010 06:20 AM

Hey, good job everyone! Mass lynching hasn't happened in quite a while, it's very fun!

Great job Ni and Fea!!! Thanks for a great game, and wonderful narrations! :D

Folwren 09-26-2010 07:17 AM

You know, really, since only ordos were dropping out, it really made the game a lot tighter there at the end. So the fact that the village won really says something. We lost quite a big number of people.

It was a really good game. Fea, your narations cracked me up. Thanks for allowing me to join you all. :D

I had a dream last night where Boro started a game that he was narating and I had already agreed to play in his game...it really worried me, because I knew I didn't have time for it, but I thought I had to play since I'd already agreed. But it wasn't the only strange dream I had last night.

-- Foley

Nerwen 09-26-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legelf
Except for the ending (I must say, I really think game-wise it was a bit lame, regardless of the side I was on.

Nonsense! We made history! You should feel privileged to have taken part in the Great Werewolf Massacre of 2010. Though I admit it was possibly a little more fun for those of us doing the actual massacring.;)

Shastanis Althreduin 09-26-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 640085)
Nonsense! We made history! You should feel privileged to have taken part in the Great Werewolf Massacre of 2010. Though I admit it was possibly a little more fun for those of us doing the actual massacring.;)

I'll agree with this statement. The actual massacring was the best part.

Nogrod 09-26-2010 12:36 PM

That sure was a surprising ending!!! Go orcs go! *is proud of his orc-companions*

Yeah, I really ended up with the wrong theory... I was thinking that Sally was the seer and she had dreamt of phantom on the first Night. It actually made sense (even after close-reading Sally's posts early on D1) and explained how they both acted... and gave me total frustration when everyone was asking why I insisted on the seer to check them (he-he, I thought there was a pretty nice flavour there, especially looking at what happened the next Night) - and that's also the reason why I tried to downplay the importance of checking them by lynching - as not to make the elves too interested.

And yes, I was going to go for Greenie and Legate the next Day... They had made me quite nervous all the time and when my previous theory went tumbling down I thought I could have been up to something with their voting and all too careful defence of Lottie. But clearly, toying with the seer issue was not only brave but also (too) dangerous to me... :rolleyes:

But hey, it was a fun game! And I especially loved the cartoon narations! (Correct: I found one of the elves disturbingly Shasta-looklike! :D)

Thanks everyone for the game and congrats to the winners (Fea & Nienna)!

Pitchwife 09-26-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 640059)
As a sidenote, I had this one really sad moment last night when I realized that without Pitchwife playing, I'd never be able to make any proper PitchPhorc jokes...

:D
Sorry for that! I'd have loved to play in this game (the idea and the makeup of the village were very tempting), but I've sort of made it a rule not to play two in a row anymore in order to avoid WW taking over my life (talk about fighting the long defeat, I guess;)). Still, I followed the game with one eye - it was a highly entertaining murder mystery/polit thriller, and your narrations were absolutely lovely!

the phantom 09-29-2010 09:28 PM

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!! NINE-PERSON LYNCH!!! :D

Don't you just love making history?

So Nerwen was the Special!Orc. I thought she might be after that first day where she didn't take any sides as far as individuals were concerned. The only problem was I was operating under the notion that Special!Orc would have for certain chosen to be with the Elves due to an Elf getting lynched the first day. So then when she was buddy-buddy with Shasta I was rather worried it was Special!Orc and Elf teaming up. Ah well...

At the least I can say I was correctly after Greenie-Inzil, and my read on Steve's Day 2 voting was spot on. As far as feeling Legate to be guilty, it was less gut than it was just seeing a couple of familiar Phantomish things from him (my explanation of his Rep vote, for instance- I just felt that if he was an Elf his behavior would make perfect sense to me). So Legate- be extremely afraid, because that says to me that on many levels you must actually think like me! :p

(And I bet Lommy just loves that.)

Speaking of Lommy, I never did completely totally trust her. And then after I wasn't killed for pretending to be the Seer the night Mira was killed, that only made it more certain that I couldn't let Lommy off the hook, nor Rune, but less so (but I was confident I was right about Kath in my fake Seer ruse).

Had I been limited to one in the lynching, Inzil would've been my choice, but as far as lynching Legate the next day it would have depended upon who the other Reps were and which way the vote was going etc. I would've voted him before Steve or Kath or Foley, but Lommy and Rune were still on the platter.

Lottie was a nice spot of luck, naturally, and I'm glad that of my first day voters she was the one who got the axe, as Sally was the more likely Seer of the first two, while the final voter (Mira) was the real Seer! Which, by the way, is one reason I promised not to vote for anyone who voted for me because being who I am I just naturally assumed that there was around a 90% chance that I was dreamed of the first night and that the Seer could very well vote me as Rep on Day 1.

Self-centered, yeah yeah yeah, I know, but hey- it happened, didn't it? You can't blame me for assuming something when it comes true like that! (And the same thing happened in the last one of these Rep games too!)

And Nog, matey- well done!! You did what I could not- get yourself Night-killed. :D I was seriously jealous the night you got offed. "Well crap, Nog totally did a better job than me!"

And is the rumor true- Fea-Nienna are going to provide cartoon death scenes for every single future game of Werewolf? Because that's what I heard. From everyone. And BW said if it doesn't happen then he's shutting down the site. Yep. Seriously.

wilwarin538 09-30-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 640239)
And is the rumor true- Fea-Nienna are going to provide cartoon death scenes for every single future game of Werewolf? Because that's what I heard. From everyone. And BW said if it doesn't happen then he's shutting down the site. Yep. Seriously.

I would highly approve of this. ;):D

Feanor of the Peredhil 09-30-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 640239)

I'll likely do it for my own games. Glad everyone liked the idea.