The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Search for Rhûn Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10484)

Himaran 04-07-2004 06:24 AM

Pio: I think you got it right in the character list..... :confused:

Bilbo and Travelers: I mentioned earlier that it would be great if you hooked up for some fun before meeting the dwarves.

Dwarves: A note about your meeting in the chamber: I noticed that Haenir has his doubts about the journey. That's fine. However, the majority of the party are young dwarves, eager to find treasure. So, try to think less about hesitating: be impatient! You want to got and FIND TREASURE NOW.

Perhaps a comment of: "What are we waiting for? Lets go treasure hunting!" Although a little less "cliche."

Himaran

Will Witfoot 04-07-2004 07:52 AM

Im sorry if this is rather pointless, Himaran, but I changed Gortek's age to something older, since I felt it would sound more appropriate for him to be a grizzly old adventurer rather than a young pup. He is now 102.

If you do not approve, I shall edit according to your wishes.

bilbo_baggins 04-07-2004 10:33 AM

Oh, so I got a grizzled old man by my campfire now? Ah, Great... just kidding! ;)

Anyway, maybe sometime in the next few "game hours" we could get Elentarimir to join us? :D And then we just wait for the dwarves to get here...

This is going to be a great game!

Dwarves, get on out here! Have some fun! Be impatient as Himaran says! Or just listen to him not to me, as it is his game...

woohoo! :p

Eruantalon 04-08-2004 12:28 PM

I'm having problems with time. I am trying to get here but with classes and work its getting really hard. I don't know if I can do this anymore. Not untill I find a way to get a few extra hours to play this one.

Sorry every one I am trying and don't want to give up yet but I'm not shure if I can play in this one.

The Perky Ent 04-08-2004 04:30 PM

Hilmaran,

It is with great sorrow that I must withdraw my character from Search for Rhun. I'm trying to manage too many things to give my full effort to this wonderful RPG. I am terribly sorry. Feel free to carry or kill off my character in any way you wish. I'm sooo sorry i wasted your time! Also, as a lesser reason, i am playing a dwarf in Last Hope for Moria and wish to extend my varaity!

The Perky Ent :(

bilbo_baggins 04-08-2004 07:09 PM

That's very sad, Perky Ent. What are we to do now? :(

I could look for someone to play the part of the Dwarf, if Himaran judges it's not too late for it... It probably is though.

I am really excited about this game, and I have all the time for it. No chances of me quitting, Himaran!

Hope that pleases you, :D

Himaran 04-08-2004 07:22 PM

Perky Ent: Too bad... you seemed quite exited. Be sure to check back sometime and see the painful manner in which your character meets his doom. ;)

Erulon: As long as you can post once a week in the game thread and twice a week in the discussion thread, you are fine. I understand.

Others: Dwarves, post - and then we can leave. I want to be out of Erebor by the weekend.

Himaran

Novnarwen 04-11-2004 02:40 PM

Hi!!

*has just been reading everything and thinks it's wonderful...*

I filled my save. I hope it was alright. I didn't bring us out of the Hall, as I was afraid Himaran would do that. (?) Anyway, if you want me to edit anything, let me know.

A question... The Route: It's a bit vague to me (is it only me, perhaps?).. Anyway, what is our exact route? Yes, I did look at the map, but still.. Himaran, do you want us to go to Long Lake and thereafter follow the Celduin? And I couldn't find the non-Evish name for 'Celduin', is there any? If so, what is it?

Sorry for asking so... stupid questions.. :rolleyes:

Thanks Piosenniel for placing my post! :)

Cheers,
Nova

piosenniel 04-11-2004 02:49 PM

Bringing this forward:

Here is a map of Rhovanion which includes Erebor (The Lonely Mountain) and The Sea of Rhûn.

Please note:

Celduin is the Elvish name for The River Running

Carnen is the Elvish name for The Redwater River - which rose from the Iron Hill and whose waters were a rusty reddish-orange from the iron deposits at its source.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map HERE.

Carlas 04-11-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

Sorry for asking so... stupid questions..
There's no such thing as a stupid question. :)

Himaran 04-11-2004 08:35 PM

Ok: WERE OFF!!!

I am about to post about our leaving Erebor.

Several of you have asked about the route. Look at the map Pio posted. We will follow the river through laketown and the entire way to Ruhn, meeting the travelers on the way.

Himaran

Fordim Hedgethistle 04-12-2004 04:50 AM

Journey?

I'm happy we're finally underway! But one question: how are we to be posting at first? We have a lot of ground to cover, so are we putting up "They marched for days" posts or is there going to be something else at first?

Novnarwen 04-13-2004 04:40 AM

I just posted for Dwalin. I have involved your character, Fordim, so let me know if you want me to edit it. :)

Nova

PS! Thanks for the route description. :p :D

Himaran 04-13-2004 08:04 AM

Everyone Very sorry, but I am going to be away on vacation from tomorrow until this coming Sunday night.

SIT TIGHT!! When I get back, we will hit laketown.

Pio: Could you please lock the game thread tomorrow morning until I get back? The discussion thread is fine

About Posting:

Dwarves: Most of you are young. So while we walk, be excited - talk about treasure, and what it will be like to find riches greater than any of your parents did. The only veterens on the trip are Bali, Eruantalon and Durin, who is still a little young.

Talk to you when I get back -

Himaran

piosenniel 04-14-2004 01:39 PM

Himaran

I'm going to leave the game thread open for posting. I'll keep an eye on it. The Dwarves of Erebor players can follow your instructions.

~*~

What to post about until Himaran returns on Sunday:

Dwarves of Erebor:

From Himaran - "Most of you are young. So while we walk, be excited - talk about treasure, and what it will be like to find riches greater than any of your parents did. The only veterens on the trip are Bali, Eruantalon and Durin, who is still a little young."

Begin the march, get to know one another, talk about what you hope to find and what you might do with the riches found. General traveling along talk (see Fordim's last post as an example.)

Do not get the group as far as Laketown - Himaran will do that when he returns.

---------

Rhunians

Feel free to continue your subplot ;)

---------

Travelers

In like manner, go ahead and have your characters wake the next morning and talk over breakfast, if you wish; go hunting; tell tales of previous adventures . . . deepen their characters a bit with observations on the others and private thoughts of their own.

----------

It would be nice to have a few posts from each group between now and about 5 days from now when Himaran returns.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Saraphim 04-14-2004 03:50 PM

Confusion In Rhun!

Well, I'm glad we can continue our sub-plot, but I think we've hit a bit of a wall with it in regards to what we can and can't do with the "catch".

This is rather bad timing, what with Himaran being gone, and it's completaly understandable if you can't help, Pio.

piosenniel 04-14-2004 04:09 PM

Rhunians

This is of course, purely up to you, but you could change the focus of your posts from the 'catch' and simply do some posts between your characters . . . just general conversation or observations.

I'm just leaving the thread open in case you want to interact a little more; set up some positive or negative dynamics between your characters . . . you don't have to do so - you can just wait until Himaran returns.

~*~ Pio

Fordim Hedgethistle 04-14-2004 04:12 PM

I, for one, hope that the Dwarves take this opporutnity to interact -- I would like to get to know the other characters a bit better before stuff really starts happening!

Carlas 04-15-2004 01:29 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I will have a post up sometime tomorrow. See you then!

bilbo_baggins 04-15-2004 03:05 PM

This is beyond a shadow of a doubt that this will have to wait until Himaran logs back in, but does anyone know about how long it will take the dwarves to get to where the Travelers currently are?

I am enjoying my first RPG, by the way. :D

bilbo_baggins :p

Himaran 04-18-2004 01:05 PM

I'm back!

Still a little tired, but ready to start this game really moving.

Ruhnians:

About the "catch." I think that you have said plenty about it as of now. Consult your leaders about the matter. Ruhn has no single chieftain, but a council of wise, religious elders who believe in the spirits of the sea. The council will decide to save the catch for a special feast, held in honor of their gods.

Arvedui III: Now you can post about finding food in your "quarters."

No direct contact between Ruhnians and catch, please!!

Dwarves: Now is the time to learn a little about one another and forge friendships that will become important later in the mission. You should try to befriend one or two other dwarves, which would happen naturally on such a journey. Use Bali as an example: he is good friends with Eruantalon and Durin. But Dwalin could use a good pal - :p

After the dwarven party posts a bit more, I will get us to Laketown.

Himaran 04-20-2004 06:39 AM

Dwarves: Many of you, (myself included), have the names of the other dwarves slightly mixed up. Here are the REAL names of the expedition:

1.) Bali - 55 (Himaran)

2.) Durin, son of Dain - mid 30's (Carlas)

3.) Dwalin, Bali's younger brother - 44 (Novnarwen)

4.) Káin Bronzetooth - 58 (The Perky Ent quit, but Káin is still there to be
killed. :D )

5.) Narvi Silverfist - 103 (Nilpaurion Felagund)

6.) Nerin Cloudfoot - 63 (Esgallhugwen)

7.) Haenir - 67 (Fordim Hedgethistle)

Himaran

Novnarwen 04-20-2004 11:59 AM

Camp? Or no camp yet?

Welcome back, Himaran. Hope you had a lovely trip!

Dwalin definitely needs a pal.. Fordim, do you think Haenir and Dwalin will go well together?;) :p

I was just wondering.. I've set up a save, the question, however, is whether you want me to post a camp scene? If not, then I'll just let Dwalin walk some more.

Cheers,
Nova

EDIT: After Carlas' post: Of course we should continue talking about the treasure. . . How about when night falls, and everyone is gathered around a crackling fire? :D

Carlas 04-20-2004 01:40 PM

Hey everyone,

Sorry for my disapearance, something happened to our computer and it had to be fixed. The worst part is that the post I had written somehow got deleted, so now I'm going to have to rewrite it! :(

But right now I have to do some catching up.......

EDIT: I think we should continue on with the discussion about what we would do with the treasure, for now at least. :)

Novnarwen 04-22-2004 02:33 PM

Hi!

I have just filled my save. Nilpaurion - I have used your character. If I have used him inappropriately, I wish for you to tell me this. :)

Cheers,
Nova

Eruwen 04-22-2004 04:46 PM

To Himaran.....

I have a post I am ready to post on the RPG, but I have a question first...are the Rhûn-ians allowed to tell what kinds of weapons we have? This answer tells me whether I will be able to post, or if I have to re-write my entire post. Ha. :confused:

Eruantalon 04-22-2004 09:41 PM

If you'll still have me I would be more than happy to play in this one. Now that I finaly have gotten things to calm down I have time to come here. Unless I can keep up with a game and give it real attention I feel like I am wasting peoples time. Beside I really enjoy writing and don't like putting half efforts in.

So if you will have me everything has been cleared up for me to give the game real attention. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Himaran 04-23-2004 07:03 AM

Eruantalon:

Of course you can play - I understand the problem you were having.

Ok - I will get us to Laketown later on today.

Himaran

bilbo_baggins 04-23-2004 07:16 AM

How exciting that, the Dwarves will reach Laketown soon!

Himaran, I was wondering, since The Perky Ent quit, and Káin needs to be killed, about when do you plan to do that? The Travelers would be more than happy (I speak for myself at least) to assisst you in taking him out. A mistake in meeting, perhaps?

But whatever you want, as this is your game.

Having fun,
bilbo_baggins

Carlas 04-23-2004 01:35 PM

Sorry I have not posted in awhile, I am trying to sort things out with the other RPG I am currently in. It should be ending soon though, so once it is over I'll be able to post more! :)

Himaran 04-24-2004 05:41 PM

No friendly fire!!! Heroic death in battle. Besides, the dwarves and Erulon would wipe yo out. :p ;)

Himaran :smokin:

Himaran 04-26-2004 10:27 AM

The company has reached Laketown and is sitting in the dining spaces at an inn. We need to speed things up, as I want to spend much of our time actually IN Ruhn, so please post away. The game started up slowly, but it will be so no more!

At the Inn: Meet other people. Men, dwarves and occasionally elves from Mirkwood come through Laketown. Maybe someone knows something about Ruhn, or has a warning for those wanting to enter it.... :smokin:

Himaran

Carlas 04-27-2004 02:36 PM

Alright, my other game is finished so I'm here full-time now! A post is on the way! :D

Himaran 04-29-2004 09:07 AM

Forim: Great Post! You practically made me have us leave Laketown a day
earlier. We can't have our dwarves hearing thinks like that! ;)

Dwarves: Any last post in Laketown. It is night, you're in the Inn. You can go for a walk outside... do whatever.... go to bed.... Tomorrow morning, its off to Ruhn!

We have lots of ground to cover. We can take of several days in a single post... then do several posts in a single day... with a camp scene.

Upcoming In-Game Events:

Leaving Laketown
Warg Attack

bilbo_baggins 04-29-2004 11:21 AM

Will the Warg Attack be before they meet the Travellers?

Thanks,

Himaran 04-29-2004 09:23 PM

Eruwen: Very Sorry, I missed your post earlier. Ruhnians have regular human weapons, but a bit cruder... and poisoned, of course.

Bilbo: The warg attack is pending... no time set. If the game needs some action, I'll throw it in.

Dwarves: Post, please. We need posts from multiple characters.

Bali, Dwalin, and Haenir have checked in. That leaves Narvi and Durin, I believe, as perky ent quit. And of course, Eruantalon.

Erulon: I know you have a tough schedule. I will post a save for you... please fill it in promptly.

Himaran

Eruantalon 05-01-2004 10:16 PM

Hey

Trying to catch up and find out where we all are. Kinda confused and need some help. What can I post and what can I do here?

Anyone who can help please do. Thanks :)

Carlas 05-02-2004 10:01 AM

Eruantalon- Check your PMs! :D

Himaran 05-04-2004 07:46 AM

Carlas and Novnarwen:

Check your pms!!

EVERYONE ELSE: PLEASE DON"T POST AFTER MY LAST ONE UNTILL carlas/nova get their posts up!!!!

You are free to fill in the two saves I left about the inn. Post your stuff on the discussion thread and I will edit it in. We are moving quickly now!

Himaran

Novnarwen 05-04-2004 01:33 PM

NOVA

Your post is now #48 on the Game thread. :D

~*~ Pio