The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Barrow Downs Photo Gallery / Avatar page (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4669)

Helkahothion 07-21-2003 01:42 PM

I know, my picture isn't up either. It's been a long while since I last saw Alky, maybe he is on holiday or something, but let's not forget that maintaining a site is a lot of work. God, people are still looking at me and think I am a gipsy that evely waves Fristi bottles. The horror [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Abedithon le

Galadrie1 07-21-2003 02:09 PM

I've finally found a picture that looks like me. I might send it in soon; I just don't want to be a bother to Alka, since he's already changed my picture once.
Quote:

That's nothing if you thought the person was a guy!
Heh heh, I used to think Helka was a girl.... No offence or anything, Helk. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 07-21-2003 02:10 PM

None taken [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can act very girlish. Believe it or not: I giggle.

Galadrie1 07-21-2003 02:26 PM

Actually Helka, I was almost positive you were a guy until the first time I talked to you on MSN. We were discussing the photo gallery and you said "BW is pretty hot!" ...That kind of threw me. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, I fail to see any resemblance between Balin and Elijah Wood... If I squint at the screen for long enough I can almost see what you mean, though.

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]

Diamond18 07-21-2003 04:20 PM

I think it's just the way B-999's smiling. The particular angle at which the pic was taken makes the jawline look similar. Good Lord. I've watched those movies way too many times.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-21-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

God, people are still looking at me and think I am a gipsy that evely waves Fristi bottles. The horror
Aw, it's okay, Helka. *pats Helkahothion sympathetically on the back*
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I too fail to see the resemblance of Mister Balin and E.W.

Helkahothion 07-22-2003 07:23 AM

God, my father is on a rampage with the digital camera, so you might expect a new one within the week Alky, he's even filming things. I think I'm going to slap him now.

Abedithon le

Balin999 07-22-2003 09:24 AM

If it weren't for some members here, I would have never thought that I looked like Elijah. I can't understand why people are thinking so, though. But the more do, the better for me hehehe.

Olorin 07-22-2003 09:54 AM

I wish I had a digital camera so I could send in a picture. But sadly, I probably won't have one for a very long time.

PP (Post-Post): I don't see the resemblence between Balin999 and EW either. *shrugs* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-22-2003 10:55 AM

Yes! My pic is up! Thanks, Alk.

Arien 07-23-2003 05:28 AM

Thanks Alka, it was time I got a new one up there.

Niluial 07-24-2003 01:38 PM

Quote:

I would love more pictures of our beloved Mods...
Actually where are all the modes pictures? I really want to know what they look like it would be so nice!

GaladrieloftheOlden 07-24-2003 01:43 PM

BW and Estelyn have their pictures up. I guess the rest didn't feel like it...

Swan song,
-Menelien

Edit: And Thenamir.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]

Diamond18 07-24-2003 01:48 PM

Maybe all the "BW is a hottie" comments have scared them off. They're all so good looking they're afraid of losing that aura of old age, wisdom, and boot-shaking scariness. I know I wouldn't be half as afraid of Sharkû if I couldn't picture him as a thin-faced Mafia hit-man with a jagged scar running across his face.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]

Thenamir 07-24-2003 02:58 PM

I am in the process of losing a lot of weight, and refuse to post new pictures of myself until I complete the process. (I'm down to 275 from a starting weight of 310!) When I get down to 230, I'll post a new shot.

Thenamir

Helkahothion 07-25-2003 05:04 AM

What's that in kilo's thenamir? I don't know pounds.

Alk, new picture is inn the mail soon. I can't just sit here and let it rest on my computer.

Abedithon le

Estelyn Telcontar 07-25-2003 07:11 AM

Don't forget that the Saucepan Man has his picture up (with two assistants [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) - he's a moderator now too!

Lossentilien 07-25-2003 07:58 AM

Might just be my computer, but a couple of the photos aren't working. Blasted red crosses.
(Am working on a photo..... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img])

Niluial 07-25-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Might just be my computer, but a couple of the photos aren't working. Blasted red crosses.
(Am working on a photo..... )
I know it is doing that to me to [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Niluial 07-26-2003 06:39 AM

Ok the photos with a x are: Horse-Maiden of the Shire, Niluial ( [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]),Helkahothion / Anuion from Middle Earth and umm that’s it I think!

It would be a great idea to make the photo page more like the downs… very classy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

Niluial

Galadrie1 07-26-2003 10:30 AM

Well, my new picture has been sent! I hope you all enjoy it.

Arien, I love your new pic! You're so pretty! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Helka - I'm starting to wonder if you're ever properly clothed. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-26-2003 11:02 AM

Arien, your new picture is so nice!

How ironic; Helka is on Barrow Downs in his picture. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Maikadilwen 07-26-2003 11:08 AM

Heh! Helka seems to be sending a new picture every week.
And yes, I too begin to wonder if that guy's ever properly clothed.

And what's all this talk about weight? It doesn't matter what people weigh.
You're all wonderful, no matter your size!

Niluial 07-27-2003 12:56 PM

Oh I love the new Photo page... great! Snazy! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yavanna228 07-27-2003 03:38 PM

I do believe that Alk has done wonderfully in changing the background and theme of the photo album! Also, wonderful new pictures! You all are so beautiful/handsome. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Peace

The Saucepan Man 07-27-2003 08:40 PM

Alk, love the new look for the B-D Gallery. Very appropriate. And all the pictures are working fine for me now. Great to see all the new pics up there.

Quote:

the Saucepan Man has his picture up (with two assistants)
Assistants? Well, if you call wanton destruction and inducing sleepless nights assisting ... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:

I am in the process of losing a lot of weight, and refuse to post new pictures of myself until I complete the process.
Hmm, I seem to be going in the opposite direction. Hence the choice of a photo which obscures all but my head and shoulders. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:

A see food diet....
Ah, my favourite kind ...

Quote:

Helka - I'm starting to wonder if you're ever properly clothed.
Yes, there does seem to be a permament heatwave in Holland, doesn't there. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

How ironic; Helka is on Barrow Downs in his picture.
Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, he's reading his own post. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Great job as always, Alk. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: The Saucepan Man ]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-27-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

You all are so beautiful/handsome.
Aww, thanks Yavanna!

Heh heh heh...I remember being an "assistant". [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 07-28-2003 08:38 PM

Alk, the site looks splendid! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You can expect some pictures from our little Indy gathering fairly soon. I'm sure if I don't have them coming your way within a week or two, Alaklondewen will beat me to it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the work you put into that site, I love it!

Sophia

Helkahothion 07-29-2003 07:47 AM

Lol, it was indeed a heatwave at the time. Yes I was reading my own post. In the RPG section I always look on how the post ends up in the downs screen because I love my writing in black-green [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Every week? Nah, I'll try not to send a new one for like ehm.....three hours or something.

Abedithon le

gilraën 08-01-2003 02:03 PM

Thanks Alkanoonion, that was really quick. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Raefindel 08-03-2003 04:17 PM

Wow Alk! New pictures! Looks GREAT!

Gilraen it's nice to see you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alk, I sent you a pic with my hubby, Greycloak and the elflings. You are welcome to delete the pic with my little brother. (I never did tell him I had his pic posted, Probably be in trouble if he found out) [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Many Thanks and a fine job.

Brinniel 08-03-2003 04:44 PM

Goodness, my picture's a year old now and know I've changed quite a lot since then. I'll make sure to get another one taken once I get back from my last vacation.

It's good to see all of these new and updated pictures. Now I know that the Barrow-Downers truly are beautiful; both inside and out. :)

burrahobbit 08-03-2003 04:56 PM

I like the way you have it, but could you add an alphabetic list so I can see all of the names at a glance? On a seperate page so it doesn't mess up the currect layout, which it good.

Maikadilwen 08-04-2003 07:17 AM

Awwwww, Rae that picture is just lovely! They certainly are Elflings.
And that hubby of yours.... Give him a kiss from me, will ya? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

About the mods, I think they're simply too scared to show themselves. They saw what happened when BW did.
Maybe I shouldn't have told his Wightiness that he's cute... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]

Yavanna228 08-04-2003 07:50 AM

All the new pictures are wonderful! It's especially nice to be able to see all of Diamond's lovely face. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The alphabetical list is helpful as well. Good work, Alk!
Peace

Diamond18 08-04-2003 09:22 AM

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks, Yavanna. You're sweet. So when are you going to post a pic, eh? (Just think, you'd be the only Y name on the page so far. Prestigious! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Guinevere, you have such an arresting gaze! You should go into hypnosis, I'll bet you'd be good at it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Nice work, Fish-man, that list is helpful (I've already used it, to double check if Yavanna had a pic up). [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But, not to be picky or anything, it might be handy to have it at the top of the page, above the thumbnail scroll, rather than tucked away at the bottom.

Yavanna228 08-04-2003 09:31 AM

I promise I'll get a pic up as soon as I can find someone with a quality digital camera. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Mine is a little pocket affair that yields pretty grainy images. I'll try to get one before the summer's gone, or perhaps have a senior picture scanned. Thanks for your interest in seeing a picture of me. I'll try to not disappoint! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Peace

Gorwingel 08-04-2003 12:51 PM

I see Raefindel took a little trip to the Columbia River Gorge. Rae, you have such a cute little family!

All the new photos are very lovely, but I still think that there should be more, not just mods but everyone [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 08-04-2003 03:05 PM

Diamond, that really is a nice picture! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for me, I'm looking for a better one to replace the one that's up there, but thus far I haven't found anything that doesn't make me looks smooshed or sleepy and doesn't have a half dozen other people in it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Raefindel 08-04-2003 09:46 PM

Marvelous job, Alkanoonion! Thank you! You Rock!

Guinevere it's nice to see your face.

Gorwingel, Yes you have a good eye. That was taken in Vantage Wa on our way to Yellowstone last month.

Maikadilwen, the hubby says you need to post a pic of you so he can see who sent the kiss.
Any Pictures of you and Cuthalion together perhaps?