The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Farmer in the Dale Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10856)

ArwenBaggins 08-13-2004 09:00 AM

Ara:
Glad to see you well! You may have to take that question up with Child. :)

Everyone:
I've filled in my SAVE. Eric has been found at last. Either later today or tomorrow I will put up the finally two points in the plot, and we'll move on. We're a bit behind schedule, but we can all work together to fix that!

~Fëa

Child of the 7th Age 08-13-2004 04:01 PM

Ara, Arwen,

Please check your pms. Sounds good!

~Child

Regin Hardhammer 08-13-2004 05:27 PM

I will fill in my save Saturday night. If anyone needs to go ahead, please feel free as I am only going to talk about how I feel.

~Regin

ArwenBaggins 08-14-2004 08:24 PM

Everyone-

As promised, here are the next too points in the storyline--

3. Dragon attacks Dale. The family flees, maybe gets stuck somewhere with debris falling on their heads. Dragon attacks and Girion defends them. He falls to his death and they make it out.

4. Dragon flies off and sits on his horde in Erebor. Family treks down with others to the Lake. Girion's family has survived so the royal line is intact. Families decide to remain and build a new community, hoping for the day they can return home. (In the distance, Dwarves march off....)

Thanks,
Fëa

Regin Hardhammer 08-14-2004 11:20 PM

My post is up. Eric is happy to be found and has a newfound appreciation for his family. Who is Girion?

Child of the 7th Age 08-17-2004 09:06 PM

Regin -

Girion was the last King of Dale of the old line. He was killed by Smaug but his wife and children escaped to continue the royal line.

Everyone -

We are back at the house and will be going now to Dale where we get in real trouble.

Kransha, Arwen - Please check your pms.

Child of the 7th Age 08-18-2004 02:21 PM

Pippin, Regin, Ara, Nurumaiel,

Please check your pms.

~Child

ArwenBaggins 08-18-2004 04:35 PM

Everyone:

I'll be posting tomorrow about the family heading toward Dale. School starts bright and early in the morning, so it won't be until later in the evening.

Thanks,
Fëa

Pippin Pondlily 08-18-2004 08:20 PM

I'm here. School commenced on Monday and I've been a little harried. But I plan to attend here daily and will catch up completely with a post or whatever it is needed of me tomorrow afternoon.

- P. Pondlily

Kransha 08-19-2004 08:13 PM

I must apologize, but the SAVE I put up must remain up for 24 hours more. I was called away on some urgent business today. I also apologize for my lack of posts in the thread of late. I've been busy, much busier than I expected I'd be at this time. I will *definately* have a Smaug post up tomorrow, which will contain Smaug's re-attack (or is that counter-attack?) on Dale. There will be much, much havoc wrought on the hapless town and townspeople, so look out! The assault is unrestricted, so Smaug's ready to go all-out.

Child of the 7th Age 08-19-2004 10:32 PM

Master Kransha,

We await your return with anticipation.

~Child

Regin Hardhammer 08-23-2004 11:55 PM

Nurumaiel - Please check your pms and let me know if there's any problem and let me know if you could have your character run back to get help.

--------------------------------------

I filled in my save. Things look pretty bad. The fire is spreading and Princess Layla (no relation to Star Wars!) just got trapped under a small beam. The kids can't pull it off on their own. Even if we pull the Princess out, that fire looks pretty bad.

ArwenBaggins 08-25-2004 04:09 PM

Everyone--

Just a reminder; the game ends AUGUST 31! The deadline is fast approaching, but I think we're going to make it.

Keep up the good work and great posts,
Fëa

P.S. Heh... Charade in the avatar Kransha? I like it... and the Yoshimitsu one you had before. ;)

Child of the 7th Age 08-25-2004 04:38 PM

Hi, Arwen! check your pms please. Child

piosenniel 08-28-2004 10:34 AM

Arwen -

Your pm box is full. Please clear it out.

Pio, Shire mod

ArwenBaggins 08-28-2004 07:19 PM

Everyone--

Dearly sorry! The computer has crashed... once again. I am now at my dad's house. I know the game is ending soon, and I am doing the best I can. Again, I'm sorry. I'll try and get a post in by tomorrow morning- hopefully tonight. My post was saved on my computer, so now it's history.

~Fëa

Nurumaiel 08-28-2004 08:55 PM

Child and Regin, I must confess I am more than a little confused. We have a young girl who has just recently been rescued from where she had been pinned under a beam... Regin calls her Layla and Child calls her Enid. Very minor, but confusing neverthless. :)

I'd like to know what her name actually is before I attempt to write again as Daisy, and also to correct my previous post if necessary.

Child of the 7th Age 08-28-2004 09:33 PM

Nurumaiel,

This is my mistake. Regin went first so we should follow his lead. I will go back and edit to change to "Layla." Thanks.

Cami

Child of the 7th Age 08-28-2004 09:47 PM

Everyone,

Arwen and I have finally managed to get in touch and discuss the game. (Her pms have been full and she has not been able to read any of my mail since the middle of the week because of her computer crash.)

This is where we now stand:
  • My post has brought us down through the rescue of Layla. Except for Arinn, everyone in the family is mounted on horseback and will be leaving for the trek down to Long Lake. Arinn is staying to fight.
  • Arwen is going to fill in her save with a scene where Arinn battles Smaug and is injured. He will then retreat or be carried off the field. :eek: He will also make his way down to Long Lake.
  • Kransha will do a post where he kills Girion. However, I believe he has another surprize for the dragon! Kransha You can post immediately since we know what Arwen is going to say, or can wait till she fills hers in....whatever you prefer.
  • Anywhere along the line, anyone is free to post their feelings about what is going on: Arinn staying behind, the fire and the rescue, or the dragon's attack. You can also describe the trek to Long Lake and any obstacles you may encounter in Dale or on the road down. Don't worry about the order of things. Just go ahead and post. If there is any problem with the order of the posts, I will "realign" them.
  • The game is slated to end on Tuesay, Aug. 31 at midnight. This was an extension from our original date of Aug. 21. Please get your final posts up by Tuesday night.
  • Either Arwen or I, or both of us, will do final summary post(s) to tie up any loose ends.

I am sending pms out to all the posters to let them know the game will be ending.

If you have any questions or concerns, post them on this thread or send a pm.

Cami

Child of the 7th Age 08-30-2004 12:03 AM

Thanks Arwen and Regin ....good job. Now where is that crazy Smaug?

Regin, your post fit better before Arwen's so I moved it to the bottom of mine. Hope this is ok.

Kransha 08-30-2004 01:00 PM

That crazy Smaug is right here, Child.

In a matter of short hours, my post will be up, including the fall of Girion. I will have another post, much shorter, up tomorrow or the morning after, to resolve Smaug's presence and settlement on the treasure troves of the Lonely Mountain. I just want to say, it's been a real pleasure RPing with you, and causing all of your characters great inconvenience and peril. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors...

And now, back to Smaug. Let's see what surprises Girion may have left up his sleeve.

Kransha 08-30-2004 04:40 PM

Ah, the post is up. Girion is fallen.

It's a rollicking bit of postage, hopefully not to rip-roaring and overly fabtastical. Girion's out of the way, but he left a present for Smaug. Thus ends my catacysm (quoting Henry IV, Part I works suerprisingly well in this situation). Check out the RPG thread to see Girion's noble, if not farfetched end.

Best wishes to all...

Child of the 7th Age 08-30-2004 11:17 PM

Kransha -

A thousand thanks. That is a great exit! I shall not forget the beast....

Arwen -

Do you want to do the last post, or shall I?

Child

ArwenBaggins 08-31-2004 02:07 PM

Child--

If you don't mind, It'd be good if you could do the last post. I've got homework out the ears, and you're an awesome writer. :)

Kransha--

Awesome exit for Smaug. Heh... invisiblity. I love that last line. You were a very nice co-owner; keep it up!

Everyone--

It's been tons of fun playing with all of you. We've had delays and hardships, but also good sports and GREAT posts. I hope to write with all of you in the (near) future.

Best Wishes, Blessed Be, and may the Road rise to meet you,
Fëa

Child of the 7th Age 08-31-2004 02:13 PM

Arwen,

Aye, aye captain! Get that homework done.

Will do the post late tonight...

Many thanks to all who joined in the game.

~Cami

ArwenBaggins 08-31-2004 03:52 PM

Everyone--

Alas, this will be my last post in this game unless it is still open tomorrow after school. I hope everyone had fun, and I enjoyed having you playing with us. All of you who are potential Rohan-entrants, good luck.

Good Luck and Good Gaming,
Fëa

Child of the 7th Age 08-31-2004 06:04 PM

game over...

The last post is up, and I have asked Pio to send it off to Elvenhome....

~Child

piosenniel 09-01-2004 12:35 AM

Hi!

I'll just leave the game here closed, and the Discussion Thread open until tomorrow afternoon - in case anyone has a last good-bye to say. Then I'll send them both to Elvenhome.

Good game, everyone!

~*~ Pio :D

ArwenBaggins 09-01-2004 03:52 PM

Everyone--

Ack! I can't help myself! I see the thread in bold yellow and I have to click on it. It's an instinct now. :)

Okay... goodbye again everyone, and I hope to see your down the Road!

~Fëa

piosenniel 09-01-2004 05:15 PM

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~