The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Forum Glitches? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=15930)

Pitchwife 10-15-2016 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bêthberry (Post 705343)
Voila, the Downs is back in town. Is there an elvish word for voila?

There's aiya 'Lo and behold' in Quenya, as in Fingon's words before the Nirnaeth: Aiya eldalië ar atanatari, utúlië 'n aure! 'Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!' :)

TheGreatElvenWarrior 10-15-2016 08:52 AM

I was freaking out when I went to the Downs a few days ago and it wasn't there anymore. Since I'm taking a break from Facebook, I couldn't check the Facebook group for any news. Thankfully, I was able to text aganzir, who told me what was going on. Every time the Downs comes offline for some reason, I get jittery thinking that's the end of the Downs forever. I'm glad to see it back.

Galadriel55 10-15-2016 01:14 PM

Haha! I knew clicking the old button for old times sake would do some good, even if it takes me to the ring-selling site again. Yuppeee! :D

Inziladun 11-18-2016 11:19 AM

Clicking on the LOTR Memes thread trips an alert 'deceptive site ahead'. :eek:

Galadriel55 11-19-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 705990)
Clicking on the LOTR Memes thread trips an alert 'deceptive site ahead'. :eek:

Huh, I'm on my phone and it opens fine. But then my phone doesn't usually stop me from clicking links that my computer says are deceptive sites. I'll check again on Monday when I have my computer back.

Inziladun 11-19-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 705996)
Huh, I'm on my phone and it opens fine. But then my phone doesn't usually stop me from clicking links that my computer says are deceptive sites. I'll check again on Monday when I have my computer back.

I'm still getting the same result, only on that thread. A forbiddingly red screen that sadly doesn't say "You shall not pass!", but instead says something about the site being a target of 'attackers' (I was going to copy/paste the message but couldn't).

EDIT: The warning looks to be from Google Chrome.

Mithadan 11-21-2016 05:01 PM

The warning appears to be triggered by a link (or image) from thefunnyblog.org. That site may be affected by malware.

Edit: do not go to that site.

Galadriel55 11-21-2016 06:49 PM

Should be good now. I was the last one to post there, so it was probably the picture in my post. I deleted it now, so it shouldn't cause anymore trouble.

Inziladun 11-21-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 706003)
Should be good now. I was the last one to post there, so it was probably the picture in my post. I deleted it now, so it shouldn't cause anymore trouble.

It seems it wasn't you, as the same thing is still happening. All I can figure is that something else that's been on the thread a long while has just now become a source of trouble.

Galadriel55 11-21-2016 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 706004)
It seems it wasn't you, as the same thing is still happening. All I can figure is that something else that's been on the thread a long while has just now become a source of trouble.

Huh. Not much we can do about it then, can we?