The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Resettling the Lost Kingdom Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5649)

*Varda* 12-10-2003 06:16 PM

Em, I changed my post quite a few days ago. At least I'm pretty sure I did. Let me just check again.

Yes, I have. December 5th, to be exact.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:18 PM December 10, 2003: Message edited by: *Varda* ]

Belin 12-11-2003 10:48 AM

Sorry, I've been a bit slow lately...and it took me a while to realize that my input here might be desirable. The interaction between Bear and Kestrel sounds good, but I think you'll also want to pm amongst yourselves, since Osse had some ideas I haven't discussed with Tinuviel yet (or perhaps you already have).

Next week is finals week, and I have a large paper to write, so you probably won't see much of me, but after that I may well be more present.

Bźthberry 12-11-2003 10:57 AM

We look forward to seeing you more present in the future, Belin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kryssal 12-13-2003 01:08 PM

I will be working a lot with limited internet access for the next two weeks, Sunday to Sunday. However, I will check, read, and try to post as I normally would. Happy holidays and new year respectively.

TheLadyAerowen 12-20-2003 05:04 PM

Finally got around to editing that save post. Blah. Stupid technical problems. I'll be around a lot more the next two weeks; Winter break. *yay* So, happy..winter holidays! :-)

-The Lady Aerowen

VanimaEdhel 12-21-2003 04:05 PM

Due to the whole "I didn't get the Private Message": if you remember it, X, can you just tell me "yay" or "nay" in here?

And Dwarves: no leaving the site just yet. I'm just checking something with TheXPhial.

Kryssal 12-21-2003 09:23 PM

I left it open for a Ranger to speak to me the first night or for speach giving at the burial. Also if someone would like to come welcome or challenge me at the end is ok.

Kryssal 01-02-2004 11:22 AM

Menel, please check pm box.

Carrūn 01-03-2004 06:42 PM

Ok, Awyrgan is getting ready to set of on a several day extended patrol of the area surrounding the settlement with a yet-unselected companion and the understanding that he's not supposed to stir up trouble with the hillman.

So, does anyone have any ideas what sort of things should take place during the escapade? Near miss encounter with a group of hilllmen? Fight with single hillman? How could this fit in best with the main plot?

LMKWYT

Meneltarmacil 01-04-2004 01:25 PM

I'd like to go with Awyrgan, as I have explained to Kryssal. If the post is already up, I'm sorry that I wasn't here. I was on vacation.

Kryssal 01-05-2004 11:17 PM

I edited my post to include Thoronmir Menel. Don't forget to tell us next time of a slightly extended absence and all will be good good [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

For the outriding, perhaps you two could find the food source and win the contest without even knowing about the contest in the first place. I wouldn't like you getting in a fight, but talk to Ibai about that because perhaps it would provoke the hillmen into attacking sooner. Those are just two feeble ideas, brainstorm together and check with one of the owners for any huge happenings.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:23 AM January 06, 2004: Message edited by: Kryssal ]

Carrūn 01-09-2004 09:04 AM

I will be filling in my save with a generic thoughts, packing, & leaving post and then we can continue discussing what events will actually happen on the excursion.

Carrūn 01-11-2004 08:28 PM

I filled in my save from Friday. It doesn't say exactly what the goals are of the mission so that is still all up for discussion. If anyone sees anything that needs editing let me know.

Osse 01-11-2004 09:53 PM

Great post carrun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I will be writing something in the next few days never fear!

Osse 01-25-2004 10:59 PM

Carrun, would you like to meet bear in the wilderness... this will help us hillmen in finding a trigger for further events. Bear vs two rangers... I like those odds [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

All three of us limp off home... you guys return to the settlement prematurely?

Himaran 01-30-2004 08:59 PM

Very sorry, I have been busy and unable to devote enough time to this game recently.

Anything for dwarves to be doing? Olin is ready and waiting to be beaten into submission by his superiors... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Himaran

Osse 02-02-2004 09:12 PM

Carrun, X-phial, Belin... check your bloody PM's! hehe [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Carrūn 02-03-2004 04:45 PM

^^^ Eh, did not receive one...

Osse, I'm thinking about what you said about Bear. I'll let you know as soon as I can once I come up with something.

VanimaEdhel 02-06-2004 11:17 AM

Still waiting on X for an answer to something I private messaged her.

And where did Varda go anyway? I was going to let her post before I did.

Osse 02-06-2004 05:02 PM

yeah me too, sent a few things X's way, she must be very busy as usual! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Carrun, check you PM's and we'll decide how to go about the rangers meeting bear...

Osse

The X Phial 02-11-2004 07:15 AM

It looks as though I wasn't paying attention and posted this in the wrong forum...it didn't get moved with the rest. Here is what I wrote two days ago:

Apologies to all for the PM situation. I believe it is all sorted. I have been suffering from the world's worst writer's block, also with a schedule change it has been rather difficult to get myself motivated lately. All excuses aside, I am back now, and into the swing again, looking forward to the upcoming attack when all of our lovely characters get to finally meet each other...except for the dwarves who will be getting their shipment right after the attack ;)

*Varda* 02-12-2004 03:54 PM

Nyeh, I know I've had a shameful lack of posting. I blame this on exams, work, a nasty, very long complicated essay, and my sheer laziness.

But I have a holiday weekend coming up, and I will take the time to catch up, post, and in general get used to this...strange...new...forum...layout thingie.

It gave me quite a fright when I saw it. *tsks*

alaklondewen 02-14-2004 07:47 AM

Hunting Competitors

Bethberry - I have a post that is almost ready, but I need to be sure on a few details.

AT the moment, are Culumdril and Cuilad the only competitors from the settlement, or are there more non-played men going with us?

Are we waiting for the rangers to join us to start off, or should I take us in that direction?

That's what I can remember at the moment, if I think of something else before I speak with you, I will edit them in.

VanimaEdhel 02-14-2004 10:48 AM

To Himaran and Varda

Yeah...definitely sent private messages a few days ago to the old Barrow-Downs Forum...(roughly...five days ago?) So, either pop on down there or say the word and I'll resend the message to you here. And if you got the other messages, all the more power to you. :)

Bźthberry 02-14-2004 11:01 AM

Alak,

I assumed that everyone who is playing a settler could choose to take part in the hunting competition or not as they wish to post.

I had thought, based on what XPhial had first set up, that there would be two separate groups hunting, the settlers and the Rangers. But I could be wrong. Maybe X could give us some direction or some of the Ranger gamers could suggest something here. I don't have strong feelings either way.

I still have major RL committments which take away a great deal of Net time. I will check in daily and try to keep up posting, though.

Bethberry

The X Phial 02-14-2004 08:44 PM

I conceived of two different groups, one for settlers and one for rangers. The hunt will work like this. When the first kill is made, the group will send a specified smoke signal. The hunt will last a specified amount of time (I was thinking 48 hours) and then the total haul of each group will be compared. There will be a prize for first kill and another for most brought in over all. We can start whenever you are ready :)

alaklondewen 02-14-2004 09:24 PM

Thank you, ladies. :)

I have posted, but I didn't post them leaving as I wasn't sure whether the rangers should be there or not.

Tinuviel of Denton 02-15-2004 07:24 PM

Osse asked me via IM to tell you that his account has been lost during the move, and thus he will not be able to post until that is fixed. If it becomes necessary, I think he can send his posts to either me or Belin and we can put them up for him.

The X Phial 02-16-2004 04:41 AM

Great post, Alak, and Tin...it's noted, thanks for the update :)

Ulmo's Right Hand 02-25-2004 11:17 PM

New account

Hi all, Osse here... just got myself a new account... some utter bum has stolen Ossė... grrrr

Well, will try and sort out other account, but at least I can go on somewhat!

Regards to all!

Osse

Himaran 02-28-2004 07:18 PM

I regress.....

*Varda*, is there anything for the dwarves to be doing?

Himaran

Osse 02-28-2004 08:48 PM

Having sorted out my account I too regress.... CARRUN we need to sort out the confrontation asap and get it posted!!
PM me please.

Osse

VanimaEdhel 02-29-2004 02:56 PM

Varda...

Himaran: I've been holding off until I hear something from *Varda*. However, since I haven't heard from here, it seems we may have to press on. You got my PM about what's going on right? That should give you some idea of what to focus on. I'll try to find some substantial time to work on a post as well.

Note: I will not be on much. I know I won't be on this upcoming Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. The week after that, I'm not going to be on at least Wednesday and Thursday. In other words, my days are severely limited and most of those days, I won't even be home until roughly 9:45 p.m., so I won't even be using the computer much. To sum it up: I have no free time and I apologize for being horribly absent.

*Varda* 03-02-2004 06:01 AM

Ack!

Bah, what can I say? I'm all talk and no posting. *hangs head in shame* My posting may be limited this week - I have a few essays and an exam, but I can do my best to throw a post together and have something up for tomorrow (Wed) night.

And seriously, if I don't, feel free to hang, draw and quarter me. (in the least painful way, please).

Carrūn 03-04-2004 12:27 PM

Ok, I've edited my save. Honestly, I forget who it was whose character we were going to run into so a memory jolt would be great.

[Edit] Oh....

Himaran, I know you're not that busy you lazy bum. Post something. :D

Osse 03-04-2004 06:32 PM

CHECK YOUR PM'S Carrun hehe

Osse 03-09-2004 05:14 PM

great post carrun!! feels great to have actually have our characters meet dosent' it. :)

Belin's post should come next...

VanimaEdhel 03-12-2004 03:55 PM

*Hangs her own head in shame*

Varda: my new information makes yours look like nothing. I am leaving tomorrow morning for a week-long vacation. I will return Saturday, and probably be able to come on Sunday and Monday. Then I'm leaving again Tuesday for college visits and returning for Friday. Then I have Saturday and Sunday, and then all my non-posting periods will increase, as we're going full-swing in play rehearsals. I apologize. I will get on when I can and hopefully work on posts offline.

TheLadyAerowen 03-13-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The X Phial
I conceived of two different groups, one for settlers and one for rangers. The hunt will work like this. When the first kill is made, the group will send a specified smoke signal. The hunt will last a specified amount of time (I was thinking 48 hours) and then the total haul of each group will be compared. There will be a prize for first kill and another for most brought in over all. We can start whenever you are ready :)

Eh. Oops. I'll go edit my post. Stupid...long...post things. But what is the specified smoke signal? Or do they just, know? ;-)

Kryssal 03-14-2004 05:13 PM

I think having Alearindu telling them to put up the signal even though we as writers don't know the specifics of it would be fine. Sorry about totally spacing that.