The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ten Year Anniversary Game: Living Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18895)

Rikae 06-02-2015 07:39 PM

Ha!

"True" that I'm hitting it out of the park. Not the "Rikae is evil" part. :D

Loslote 06-02-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697283)
Yeah, I wouldn't mind voting for Nog, but only if we have an actual real chance of leaping him with or ahead of Form and Agan. Otherwise it feels like a waste.

I'd be willing to vote for Nog if there was a chance of him overtaking Form and Agan. If not, or if there's only the chance that he'll just add to the tie, I would prefer to vote for Agan and ensure that we do take the opportunity to lynch toDay.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-02-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mormegil (Post 697244)
This whole day has been spent talking about the dead thread, and dang it, it now has me talking more about it. I think there is certainly wolfish influence in this.

Y'know, I don't think there is. At least, not that much. Just going by my past villainous proclivities, in situations like this - where the rules are so complex - I reckon wolves are sitting back and letting people talk.

And I know I'm playing that game too; but it's not through evil intentions, rather difficulty in imagining all these brilliant plans. But wolves don't need to get involved.

This Agan/Lommy thing - I don't buy it. Wolves don't need to be in the spotlight today. No way.

It's probably dogma, but I'm not picking any of you loudmouths today.

McCaber 06-02-2015 07:42 PM

++ Aganzir

Any lynch is still better than no lynch in my book, so out of those who I dislike Agan has the most realistic odds of not leaving a tie.

Loslote 06-02-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim (Post 697289)
This Agan/Lommy thing - I don't buy it. Wolves don't need to be in the spotlight today. No way.

It's probably dogma, but I'm not picking any of you loudmouths today.

If Agan, Lommy, Nog, etc. were quiet and in the background, it would be the biggest tip-off you could get that they were evil. Some players have playing styles such that they can't get away with hiding in the back on Day 1, even if it is the traditional route for wolves. I wouldn't rule them out just because of that.

Boromir88 06-02-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697280)
Can someone start at the beginning and explain why Agan is suspicious? I just skimmed over the exchange and it looks like she's suspected because she made a joke, and then she is further suspected because she didn't like being suspected for making a joke. Is that accurate or am I missing something?

What I got is she used the word "kill" instead of "lynch," and morm half-jokingly asked her if that was a Freudian slip, because a wolf would likely see the "lynch" from the POV as "killing."

I didn't read Agan's response carefully enough, but Lommy interpreted her reaction to it as even worse than an innocent Freudian slip.

Firefoot 06-02-2015 07:44 PM

Maybe this is a cop-out, but

++Gwathagor

If someone's not going to talk, might as well get rid of 'em. I just don't have enough time or presence of mind right now to come up with a better reason why someone else should be lynched.

Rikae 06-02-2015 07:45 PM

Ugh. I suspected Agan earlier but she's been looking better to me lately. I also definitely don't want Form lynched. And Nog is creating confusion but I suspect it's just sleep deprivation, not evil, to blame.

Lommy, Greenie and Mac all seem like decent options to me. Or even the phantom, though he has no votes.

the phantom 06-02-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

True, but wolfish.
A Wolfish truth is still truth. Basically for the last page you've been poking holes in things that needed it, and in case I got the chance to vote Nog I didn't want there to be any doubt as to why.

Nilpaurion Felagund 06-02-2015 07:48 PM

Leest.

I have this flippant wish that, when some of you are Dead, you'd get frustrated about having to give crucial information to the village and not knowing a way to do so in a non-misinterpretable fashion, only to realise that if only you'd discussed in more constructive terms how to organise this information conduit while we are all still here there should have been a better way than hoping they get your attempts to move the coin.

Anyway, for this game, I like lists. As I've said previously, I think the biggest targets of NIGHT kills are those who seem to know more about the village's composition than a blind Ordo, and so Wolves would probably hide under a veneer of being clueless or narrow-minded to hide their opinion of the village as a whole.

Here is mine (;) Boro):

Koala
  • Rikae - probably because we share a lot of ideas and I like people who agree with me
  • Boromir88 - ditto. Also, I stole this list heading from him.
  • Mithalwen - is my mother and I would never suspect her

Shark-infested waters
  • phantom - his ideas got the whole village moving past the banter stage, and I agree with what he's trying to do. Has also posted a list. But he's the phantom, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mormegil - has made reasonable innocent villager-like arguments
  • Shastanis Althreduin - ditto
  • Nerwen - disagreed with the vote-tying plan, but argued for some means of communication between the living and the Dead.
  • Loslote - same as Nerwen
  • Legate of Amon Lanc - has posted a list. Just saddened that he doesn't remember me (I thought I was a, ah, distinctive character. ;_; )
  • Macalaure - has rebutted my argument for my suspicion (i.e., I am illiterate, lynch me), as well as made a list

Swarm of killer beers [sic]
  • Aganzir
  • Thinlómien - The Finnish friends' little spat... well, they are friends, and I generally have a shorter fuse when it comes to my friends. But I echo others' sentiment that it looks Wolf-on-Wolf. (Remember, 'Wolf-on-Wolf' in this village doesn't necessarily mean 'artificially contrived'. Two Packs!) I trust Lommy more because list.
  • Nogrod - Oh, man... I initially had him in the previous section (pulling out the Voltaire quote even), but... his vehement argument against some form of clue-giving between the living and the Dead is troubling. Post-Mandos game trauma?

Komodo dragon
  • Kath - Where do I put people whom I have no read on? I'll put them here because I haven't seen a Komodo dragon.
  • Lalaith
  • Sallykins
  • McCaber
  • Rune Son of Bjarne
  • Firefoot - has made a substantial contribution to the discussion of the vote-tying plan, but otherwise I have no read on her.
  • A Little Green - disagreed with the vote-tying plan, contributed the Agan-Lommy fight, so a bunch of contradictory signals from her.
  • Formendacil - the grump (sorry) of the 'DAY 1 :rolleyes: ' movement (whereas I'm the suicidal lunatic of the movement). Self-voting with a purpose is fun. (Also, I forgot the Mythomancer role. :eek: ) Because he's a true DAY 1 warrior, I have no read on him toDAY.
  • Gwathagor - scared because I'll beat him again in Arda Cup phantasy (has not yet posted)

Godzilla
  • Nilpaurion Felagund - lynch him
  • Kuruharan

Not that this matters, cos I've already voted.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-02-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 697291)
If Agan, Lommy, Nog, etc. were quiet and in the background, it would be the biggest tip-off you could get that they were evil. Some players have playing styles such that they can't get away with hiding in the back on Day 1, even if it is the traditional route for wolves. I wouldn't rule them out just because of that.

Eh...I'm not sure. This whole Agan/Lommy thing? Seems a bit haphazard to me. Could have been avoided easily if they wanted - I couldn't even tell why there was an argument until multiple posts in - and wolves tend to want to avoid the spotlight.

Boromir88 06-02-2015 07:49 PM

I believe that puts Agan at 4 and Form at 3. Nilp, Mac, Legate, Lommy, Greenie, all with 1.

I guess time for talk is up.

++Nog

the phantom 06-02-2015 07:50 PM

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog

I still want to lynch Nog (and I don't understand how he has zero votes), but it would take five votes at this point. :rolleyes:
(EDIT: Now he does have one.)
Out of Form and Agan I'd say Form is the safest, but frankly I dislike both options.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-02-2015 07:52 PM

I dislike both too. I could vote for Nogrod, solely on the basis that I don't buy the other candidates.

Rikae 06-02-2015 07:52 PM

Well, the best hunch I have at the moment, and I hope I'm not alone in it.

Aside from general "vibes", the kill/lynch quibble with Aganzir looked really fabricated to me.

++Lommy

Macalaure 06-02-2015 07:52 PM

++Aganzir

Maybe it was a slip, maybe it wasn't. But if it wasn't, why did the whole thing blow up? I'd imagine an innocent, even if gifted - especially if gifted - would be cooler about it.

I slipped as a wolf before and it's a head-desking experience. You feel so terrible and stupid, it's almost impossible not to get defensive about it once people see it, and eventually of course they do.

It just matches her reaction.

Shastanis Althreduin 06-02-2015 07:53 PM

I could vote for Nog. Probably the biggest thing that's stood out to me today was Nog's comment on how "an ordo would be fine with dying", or something to that effect. I quoted it earlier.

satansaloser2005 06-02-2015 07:54 PM

We can't let Form threaten Nilp's legacy. Also, I don't think he's evil.

Of the ones currently available....Nog? Maybe? I think the Agan thing was blown a bit out of proportion for toDay.

We'll see. Updating the thread again.

x'd since Phantom's last

the phantom 06-02-2015 07:55 PM

Okay then, I'm doing it-

++Nogrod

Loslote 06-02-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697299)
I still want to lynch Nog (and I don't understand how he has zero votes), but it would take five votes at this point. :rolleyes:
(EDIT: Now he does have one.)

Six now, but you know what? I'm pretty sure there will be a lynch, and I'm decently content with the way it looks right now, so I'm going to go ahead and

++Nog

because I'm much more confident in his guilt than in Agan's, and I'm feeling a little stubborn today, even if it probably won't happen.

the phantom 06-02-2015 07:56 PM

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog
Rikae -> Lommy 2
Mac -> Agan 5
TP -> Nog 2
Lottie -> Nog 3

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-02-2015 07:56 PM

All right. This is total chaos, but because I don't buy the whole Agan/Lommy thing as wolvish - and because Form is probably innocent -

++NOGROD

Shastanis Althreduin 06-02-2015 07:57 PM

++Nogrod

It ended up being between Agan and Nog for me, and Nog's possible groundwork-laying for suspecting anyone on the grounds of not wanting to be lynched looks more suspicious than Agan's possible slip and general defensiveness.

Rikae 06-02-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macalaure (Post 697302)
++Aganzir

Maybe it was a slip, maybe it wasn't. But if it wasn't, why did the whole thing blow up? I'd imagine an innocent, even if gifted - especially if gifted - would be cooler about it.

I slipped as a wolf before and it's a head-desking experience. You feel so terrible and stupid, it's almost impossible not to get defensive about it once people see it, and eventually of course they do.

It just matches to her reaction.

I hope you're right, but Agan's usually pretty cool as a wolf.

Edit: X'd with Eomer & Shasta

the phantom 06-02-2015 07:57 PM

Watch Gwath run in at the buzzer and swing the vote, ha ha. :D

the phantom 06-02-2015 07:59 PM

Nilp -> Nilp
Rune -> Formendacil
Mormegil -> Macalaure
Lalaith -> Legate
Kath -> Formendacil 2
Aganzir -> Lommy
Lommy -> Aganzir
Legate -> A Little Green
Nogrod -> Aganzir 2
Form -> Form 3
Mith -> Agan 3
McCaber -> Agan 4
Firefoot -> Gwath
Boro -> Nog
Rikae -> Lommy 2
Mac -> Agan 5
TP -> Nog 2
Lottie -> Nog 3
Eomer -> Nog 4
Shasta -> Nog 5

satansaloser2005 06-02-2015 07:59 PM

Well, you know what they say....

You will curse the day you did not do all that the phantom asked of you.

Wait! Why am I agreeing with Phantom? Let us never speak of this again.

Still.

++Nog

x'd since Eomer

Macalaure 06-02-2015 07:59 PM

Not Nogrod... not again! :D

Shastanis Althreduin 06-02-2015 07:59 PM

I didn't realize I was tying it up. Bah.

Edit: X'ed since Phantom, and now it's not tied anymore.

Macalaure 06-02-2015 08:00 PM

You cruel people. :rolleyes: ;)

Kuruharan 06-02-2015 08:01 PM

Deadline

The deadline has come. Please stop posting.

The narration will be up shortly.

Those who have NIGHTLY business, you know what to do.

Kuruharan 06-02-2015 08:15 PM

The First

The debate raged long and hard throughout the DAY. Point and Counterpoint clashed in a rising crescendo as the inmates argued about their predicament, the meaning of life and death, and philosophy. I mean, if you Kant debate philosophy at a time like this, when can you? (Yes, I realize that was a terrible pun, I couldn't help myself).

Fortunately through it all, somehow, breakfast, lunch, and even dinner had been provided. Sadly, nobody saw how, or even realized it was happening in all the confusion.

Lucky thing too because the argument reached a frenzy rivaling that of an out-of-control roller coaster!

At last a gang of the inmates suddenly seized one of their number, seemingly out of nowhere, thrust him under the guillotine and pulled the lever.

CHOP

The head rolled on the floor.

It held no answers, only less blood than it had up till then.

Suddenly darkness fell and all were cast into sleep.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
Gwathagor
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Aganzir
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
the phantom
Mithalwen
A Little Green
Kath

The Wolves may PM again, the Lovers continue to do so. The Seer dreams, the Hunter hunts, the Ranger...err ranges, and those with deep secrets keep them still.

Kuruharan 06-03-2015 08:07 PM

Day Two

The NIGHT had been dark and full of terrors (I promise that is the last reference I will make...for at least a sentence or so).

Light filtered down into the deeps once more, and with it somehow came breakfast.

The inmates began stirring. It had been a hard NIGHT for all. Sleeping where one could find room had taken a toll on their bodies. There were aches and pains and grumblings all round. One individual had even developed a persistent itch due to the damp from the doors being permanently shut.

However, the NIGHT had been harder on some than on others. The inmates discovered that the phantom and Rune Son of Bjarne had been mauled to death in the NIGHT.

There was clearly still work to do.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne

The Living:
Formendacil
Rikae
satansaloser2005
Macalaure
Gwathagor
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Aganzir
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
A Little Green
Kath

The Wolves will stop PMing now. The Lovers may continue to do so.

As of toDAY somebody will have their vote doubled.

Rikae 06-03-2015 08:08 PM

Well, I guess that takes care of that.

Macalaure 06-03-2015 08:09 PM

I'm sure Nog and phantom will have some nice words for each other.

To be a fly on the wall. :D

Rikae 06-03-2015 08:18 PM

Ok, so, whatever the phantom was, his plan shall live on!

Although these guys don't actually know anyone's role to signal us about, yet, so it won't come into play until toMorrow. But anyhoo.

That was some wagon yesterDay, wasn't it? I'd say it deserves a closer look.

satansaloser2005 06-03-2015 08:30 PM

Huh. So that happened.

Phantom I understand -who doesn't want to kill Phantom- but why Rune?

Rikae 06-03-2015 08:33 PM

Rune seemed very opposed to a Day 1 vote, and I got the feeling he was worried he'd end up on the chopping block.

I could see someone thinking that was seerish.

Rikae 06-03-2015 08:34 PM

I mean a Day 1 lynch. As opposed to a tie.

satansaloser2005 06-03-2015 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 697348)
Rune seemed very opposed to a Day 1 vote, and I got the feeling he was worried he'd end up on the chopping block.

I could see someone thinking that was seerish.

I suppose that's possible. So is the rival wolf pack perhaps thinking he was trying to delay a lynch to give the baddies an advantage.

I'll have a go through his posts before I head off to bed. Back soon.