The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Blood Run: A Terror Returns Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13884)

mormegil 01-16-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard (Post 543645)
I can simply edit my post and put you and Finduilas, along with any one else, out in the woods with the rest of the group.

That would be good, Lommy you could write up how you and the group, or somebody else who is still at Bree, caught up with us. I think the story would be that Kuric is running somewhat blindly into the wild. Poor Kuric is advancing in his years and getting a bit senile...not too much mind you just a bit.:D

Dimturiel 01-17-2008 12:10 PM

Just one question. Are the two that Groin mentions at the end of his post Erling and Sam or is he talking about the others? Because Groin says he sees two tall figures and as Sam is a hobbit, he's not tall. Just wanted to know so I could figure out what to post next.

mormegil 01-17-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimturiel (Post 543851)
Just one question. Are the two that Groin mentions at the end of his post Erling and Sam or is he talking about the others? Because Groin says he sees two tall figures and as Sam is a hobbit, he's not tall. Just wanted to know so I could figure out what to post next.

What needs to happen is one of two things:

1. Groin fixes that and makes it a tall and short figure.

2. We determine who has caught up with us and it would be plausible for Groin to only see the two tall figures in front and the rest are still to far back from the hill to be seen or too short ;)

I think it would be best, and make more sense, to have the original 3 stumble upon Groin and have the rest of the party, or a fraction thereof, catch up with us. The reason it makes more sense is we left in a hurry and Kuric didn't slow down much. There would be some deliberation in the Pony as to what course of action to take and then a little bit of tracking down where we went.

I propose that Groin change the post slightly and either Dunwen or Dimturiel could write the next post explaining how we got to that point. In the meantime, who could write a post getting the rest of the characters our of Bree? I would expect them to wonder where we went an why we went so fast. For them to look around town a bit and end up speaking to the gate keeper and leaving to follow us.

Groin Redbeard 01-17-2008 01:32 PM

Ok, here's what I've done. I've edited the post so that Gorin see's one tall and short figure coming down the hill (Dimturiel & Dunwen).

Sound good?:)

Dimturiel 01-17-2008 01:42 PM

Sounds very good, Groin.;) Ok, I'll have my post ready by tomorrow evening at the latest.

Thinlómien 01-17-2008 02:21 PM

I might be able to write somethign during the weekend, but if Finduilas is able and willing, it might be better that she writes it. But I can try to find time, I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

Looks like this is going to start rolling again, it's great. :D Thank you everybody, especially morm and Groin, for pushing this on.

Finduilas 01-18-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 543872)
I might be able to write somethign during the weekend, but if Finduilas is able and willing, it might be better that she writes it. But I can try to find time, I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

Looks like this is going to start rolling again, it's great. :D Thank you everybody, especially morm and Groin, for pushing this on.

I got a little behind in this RPG, so it may take me a bit to find myself again. As I wont be able to get a post up before you, Lommy could you go ahead? I will try to post within a few days of you. If you want, we could do a PM post, as I would be able to do that this weekend, as they tend to take a little less time and thought. If it would be easier, or better to do it alone, then go ahead.

And I second Lommy's thanks!

Thinlómien 01-18-2008 08:55 PM

Ok, Fin, I'll see what I can do... :)

Thinlómien 01-20-2008 02:24 PM

If my Spanish homework and procarastination don't take all of my time tomorrow, I'll post...

Dunwen 01-21-2008 12:11 AM

I have a large project for work that must be completed tomorrow, which is why I haven't been back for several days, but I have the seeds of a post with Sam's reaction to finding a second dwarf, if that would be helpful.

Thinlómien 01-22-2008 06:09 AM

I managed to get them out of the Inn and I took Forest Elf's character with us as she should be still playing, right? FE, if you're there, any kind of confirmation would be nice. :) Fin, could you write us to catch up with the others? If it's impossible to you, I'll do it, but it may take time...

Finduilas 01-22-2008 09:51 AM

I should be able to post today or tomorrow, but I need a few questions answered first.

Everybody else is right outside Bree, right? Gorin is with them? About what time is it?

Finduilas 01-23-2008 09:11 PM

Its up. Very short, but I figured you might want to finish saying something to eachother before we barge in.

Dunwen 01-24-2008 04:27 AM

Sam has caught up with Kuric and Erling, waiting for Groin's reply.
:)

Groin Redbeard 01-27-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunwen (Post 544582)
Sam has caught up with Kuric and Erling, waiting for Groin's reply.
:)

I've replied.:cool:

Finduilas 02-01-2008 03:21 PM

I've posted. Groin, if you want your dwarf to hear us, and say something, that'd be fine. They are just trying to be quiet, we can none of us be sure they are being quiet. So do as you will.

Dimturiel 02-04-2008 01:37 PM

Finduilas and Thinlomien, I said at the end of my post that Erling heard you coming, but he doesn't know it was actually you. If this isn't alright with you I will edit it out.

mormegil 02-04-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimturiel (Post 546137)
Finduilas and Thinlomien, I said at the end of my post that Erling heard you coming, but he doesn't know it was actually you. If this isn't alright with you I will edit it out.

Nice post, might I ask you to spell Kuric's name with a 'C' at the end rather than a 'K'. Thanks and nice intro to get the whole party involved.

Dimturiel 02-04-2008 03:19 PM

Sorry about that Mormegil. That's what you get when you're having too much studying and too little sleep. Anyway, I've fixed it.

Thinlómien 02-05-2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimturiel (Post 546137)

Great, I might try to write something this week but I'm afraid I will be really busy...

Finduilas 02-05-2008 07:58 PM

I don't think I will be able to write any sort of post until after Sunday. I have a rather large test (ACT) comming up on Saturday, and so am very busy. Forest Elf hasn't been around for about a month, but it would be nice, should she come round, if she could write a short post.

Durelin 02-12-2008 05:52 PM

Okay, you guys are absolutely amazing for keeping this going...and I am absolutely terrible for abandoning it.

I hope I can start to be a part of this game again, if you'll still have me.

mormegil 02-12-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durelin (Post 547235)
Okay, you guys are absolutely amazing for keeping this going...and I am absolutely terrible for abandoning it.

Post away!

Finduilas 02-12-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Oh no! :eek: Our game moderator is trying to join us! Block her, block her! :rolleyes:

:D Really my dear, what did you think we would say?

Thinlómien 02-13-2008 06:48 AM

Yay, Durelin's here! :D

What do you Dury think of us abandoning the town storyline and moving the active characters to the forest? Will you write alone something about the village doings or have Parkun following the rest? I think the latter scenario might be hilarious, the "defenders" disappearing to the forest one by one... :D

Groin Redbeard 02-13-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Yes, anything to get another active character back into the game!:D

Durelin 02-13-2008 10:30 AM

Hehe, perhaps I was trying to buy myself a bit of time? Or just was trying to be dramatic? :o

Yes, post, what a novel idea. *:rolleyes: at self*

That sounds like a great idea, Lommy, and I agree - the latter would be quite amusing... Everything already seems to be wonderfully disorganized. It's awesome!

If no one minds, I think I'll kinda pick up Toby a bit. I think I will have Parkun fully separated from the group for the time being...

So, Erling, Kuric, Sam, and Grorin are all right outside town/at the gate. Ash and Lea are within earshot of them, taking Orin home...so that leaves everyone who's been MIA at the inn: Toby, Parkun, Madoc, Grimbeorn, and Robby.

I think Madoc and Robby should be written out somehow. I agree we we can perhaps carry along Grimbeorn for now.

So I'll get Toby, Grimbeorn, Parkun moving at least, if not all in the same direction...

Edit: Nevermind, sorry, just realized Grimbeorn has been carried along with Ash and Lea!

Edit #2:

I posted! That felt good... I thought it best to start toward the direction of perhaps having everyone meet up again, but not best to have two more people randomly show up at the Bree gate and add to the confusion. Parkun is taking Toby on an odd "shortcut"...whether or not they end up where Parkun intends is left up to whether or not the others run into the pair. :p

I decided that Madoc left for want of food and a nap. Robby I think snuck off by himself because he wanted to accomplish some adventuring on his own and come back a sort of hero (or perhaps he thought he should follow Madoc to make sure he wasn't up to something, hehe?). Is that good enough for everyone? They can easily come back/be brought back from that, but can also just as easily be left out of the picture...even if it is all vague and...random...

Dunwen 02-15-2008 05:02 PM

I've added a post where Sam introduces himself by name to Groin. Additionally, I've used hobbits' acute sense of hearing to identify the other half of our band.

Hopefully, I've left leeway at the end for Ash or anyone in his group to react how he/she wishes.

mormegil 02-15-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunwen (Post 547558)
I've added a post where Sam introduces himself by name to Groin. Additionally, I've used hobbits' acute sense of hearing to identify the other half of our band.

Hopefully, I've left leeway at the end for Ash or anyone in his group to react how he/she wishes.

I added something I thought would be fun. I'm willing to delete it if you think it better to not have it.

Groin Redbeard 02-15-2008 08:59 PM

Dunwen and mormegil, you did a bang of job!:)

Finduilas 02-16-2008 07:51 AM

Wow. Our characters are in a rather dangerous position.

I'll see if I can get around to post writing today.

Dunwen 02-16-2008 05:39 PM

Nice one, Morm -- and so in character for Kuric.

Durelin 02-20-2008 12:01 PM

I just wanted to let you all know I do have a plan for some excitement (and getting everyone into the forest...and I mean into...) very soon...

Yes, I actually have a plan!

Finduilas 02-20-2008 12:26 PM

Where is Lommy?

Thinlómien 02-21-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finduilas (Post 548125)
Where is Lommy?

Here, doing nothing. :)

mormegil 02-21-2008 10:00 PM

Mormegil walks in, quickly picks up a stick and begins poking people in the arm.

Finduilas 02-22-2008 09:22 AM

Oh dear. I don't feel like posting today, but I wont be able to post tomorrow or Sunday. Thinlo, it'd be great if you could post, but I will try to get something up this afternoon. Sorry for the delay.

mormegil 02-22-2008 11:10 AM

I just want to make sure we don't lose the bit of momentum we've built up.

Groin Redbeard 02-22-2008 12:56 PM

I'll post next! :)

Thinlómien 02-23-2008 09:05 AM

I can post either today or tomorrow, depends on when I manage to steal some time for it. :)