The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

Encaitare 06-22-2005 01:38 PM

Oro, you speak of the delicious Alan Rickman.

Quote:

By the way I am an older man (single) and I have five Grandchildren, the oldest being ten
You're joking, narfforc. You look too young.

Orominuialwen 06-22-2005 03:54 PM

Thanks, Encaitare. I preferred Rickman as Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility, but I figured I'd be more likely to get his name if I referred to HP.

Lathriel 06-22-2005 04:24 PM

I really liked Alan Rickman in Sense and Sensibility!
I keep on checking out the picture page every day to see if tere are new pics.

The Saucepan Man 06-22-2005 06:04 PM

Please cut the off-topic chat folks, or this thread is likely to be closed. Which would not be very fair to Tigerlily who has put in a lot of work to bring us the photo page.

Feanor of the Peredhil 06-22-2005 06:06 PM

My favorite Rickman role is probably that as the Voice of God in Dogma.

And Narfforc, I had you placed as about thirty.

narfforc 06-23-2005 08:34 AM

To Feanor and Encaitare, I am half the age of Aragorn, but not to far from Viggo, so you have made my day, the smile will last for days. Thanks.

Lathriel 06-23-2005 10:59 AM

I send in my pic but we'll have to wait a few days. I hope Tig is having fun.

Estelyn Telcontar 06-23-2005 11:48 AM

I'd like to add my ernest appeal to Saucy's - please don't overdo the chatting on this thread! I'm sure brief comments on the pictures are alright, but it's better not to go off on a tangent - personal chit-chat should be taken to PMs.

On topic - I'm still away from home and my PC, but when I get back next week I'll have a lovely picture of Child of the 7th Age, Thenamir and myself, taken when I met them last week, to add to Tigerlily's site.

Also on topic, Tigerlily does look very much like Eowyn on that picture!

Elennar Starfire 06-26-2005 07:09 PM

Tig and Fea, if you're changing your pictures, could you please send the old ones to me in a PM? I've got a drawing in the works including both of you, and it's much easier if I've got a pic to look at.

Gil-Galad 06-26-2005 07:12 PM

what about little ol' me? FYI, i have a pic of me with my cape down...

The Perky Ent 06-27-2005 01:03 AM

Looks nice :D

Nimrodel_9 06-27-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

what about little ol' me? FYI, i have a pic of me with my cape down...
Then put it on! I wants to see! I never knew you were Super Man... ;)

THE Ka 06-27-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimrodel_9
Then put it on! I wants to see! I never knew you were Super Man... ;)

Yes! I want to see too!

~ Fed Up Ka

Gil-Galad 06-27-2005 12:06 PM

bah....Nimmy, if you really want it i could send it too you over Msn...but i'm not sure if i should put it up just yet...

the guy who be short 06-28-2005 07:18 AM

I just sent in a photo. I hope you can use attachments...

elronds_daughter 06-28-2005 06:43 PM

At long last the BD photo page shall be graced with my likeness! Now it will be truly complete.

(Who ever said I couldn't be as egotistical as the phantom? ;))

Gil-Galad 06-28-2005 06:44 PM

Don't forget that Superman haunts the photo-pages now...

elronds_daughter 06-28-2005 06:58 PM

Yeah, but what good are you if you won't even show your face, Gil?

Gil-Galad 06-29-2005 09:44 AM

again, i say i have a picture of me as superman with the cape down, and one email i could send it to Tig to put it up...or just send it indivually to specific indivuals...

VanimaEdhel 06-29-2005 03:34 PM

Okay, the pics I put up before were about seven months old. These are more recent pictures of me:
One Pic
Two Pic
Red Pic
Could Find a Blue Pic
;)

Gil-Galad 06-29-2005 03:36 PM

i like the last one... that "blue" pic... i like it with your hair forward...

Kath 06-29-2005 03:46 PM

I like the red pic, kinda looks like you're in some sort of dark room.

VanimaEdhel 06-29-2005 05:16 PM

Actually, I received the biggest compliment I think I've ever had with the "blue" picture - someone said that I reminded her of Uma Thurman somehow with it. I absolutely love her.

And the red one was taken by me just putting my fingers over the flash.

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-01-2005 06:49 PM

VanimaEdhel, do you want one of those up on the photo page?

Oh yeah, and I'm back, and I'm off to update the page right now. I have five new pics and one change of pic to take care of. So, here I go... off to update :)

Kuruharan 07-01-2005 07:44 PM

mormegil looks nothing like I was expecting.

I would have been looking for somebody with dark hair.

...maybe even all over his body...I wonder where I got that idea... :confused: ;)

Firefoot 07-01-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

mormegil looks nothing like I was expecting.

I would have been looking for somebody with dark hair.
I'll second that.

Fea, I love the new pic.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-02-2005 07:26 AM

Check out Fea's new pic underneath Tig's new pic. They definitely have some sort of ancestor-descendent theme going on there! (Because her pic looks Victorian and the pose is..........nevermind.)

mormegil looks nothing like I imagined him! Say, how tall are you exactly?

mormegil 07-02-2005 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim

mormegil looks nothing like I imagined him! Say, how tall are you exactly?

I'm 6'5" or 1 meter and 95 to 96 cm

Kath 07-02-2005 07:55 AM

Ooh lots of new photos! Thanks for the update Tigerlily.

Fea I love your new one, makes you look almost animated (as in like animation not looking like you're alive - I'll just stop now.)

The guy who be short is apparently taking a leaf out of alatar's book.

And Mormegil! You're not a hairy little monkey! I mean I knew that but somehow it's still a shock.

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-02-2005 10:21 AM

Thanks for all the compliments on that picture, guys. If anybody cares to know how I went about developing it, PM me and I'll share my secret. It's one of the greatest art secrets around... :D

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-02-2005 11:59 AM

I think you just used a really old camera.

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-02-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

I think you just used a really old camera.
I did no such thing. As a matter of fact, I used a four year old digital and developed it in the dark room.

Gil-Galad 07-02-2005 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I did no such thing. As a matter of fact, I used a four year old digital and developed it in the dark room.

err i knew that... :cool:

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-02-2005 12:40 PM

Well, there were several steps in between, and they're the important ones, but that's the gist of it.

VanimaEdhel 07-02-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
VanimaEdhel, do you want one of those up on the photo page?

Oh yeah, and I'm back, and I'm off to update the page right now. I have five new pics and one change of pic to take care of. So, here I go... off to update :)

Go ahead - put whichever one you like the best up. I'm not picky: I linked to those four because they were my four favorites.

Lhunardawen 07-03-2005 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer
mormegil looks nothing like I imagined him!

Indeed! I sort of imagined him being short (shorter than he actually is, I mean) with dark hair...and about my age. Or a bit older.

EDIT: Haha. If not for Kath, I wouldn't realize what morm's avatar is.

Balin999 07-03-2005 04:42 AM

I got a problem:
I dont see any thumbs or pics, I just see the names and no link or whatsoever....
Can anybody help me?

the guy who be short 07-03-2005 06:20 AM

Quote:

The guy who be short is apparently taking a leaf out of alatar's book.
Hey, it was the nicest pic of me I could find. :p I really like it actually, I love the silhouette and the fluffy clouds and blue sky. It was taken on top of a pirate ship, y'know.

morm is just... nothing like I (or any of you lot apparently) imagined him. I always imagined him as small and dark-haired. I think my brain made that connection because of the "mor-" in mormegil. And all you people named after swords should be dark and mysterious...

Fea - Just wow. Maybe I'm biased 'cos I think she's one of the funniest people I know and I like her personality, but I think she's the best looking person out of us. Followed extremely closely by tigerlily of course.

the phantom - How do I do this without boosting his ego? Ah, yes. I would choose Brad Pitt over him anyday. ;) Actually I think tp looks better when not in his suit, though it's disappointing how he's not as dark and evil as I imagined him.

Ainaserkewen - I always imagined her as her avatar. Though I like the short hair.

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-03-2005 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Fea - Just wow. Maybe I'm biased 'cos I think she's one of the funniest people I know and I like her personality, but I think she's the best looking person out of us. Followed extremely closely by tigerlily of course.

*blushes* I can never resist a compliment, even if I disagree with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGWBS
Actually I think tp looks better when not in his suit, though it's disappointing how he's not as dark and evil as I imagined him.

No, he is. He just hides it well. Picture him more as his avatar. Much closer to the truth. ;)

Tigerlily Gamgee 07-03-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

I dont see any thumbs or pics, I just see the names and no link or whatsoever....
Can anybody help me?
I don't know what to tell you, Balin999... it worked for you in the past, no? Maybe the server was having issues when you stopped by, or something... but I know that I haven't reached my date transfer limit, because I have tons of that.