The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   For Those Who Died Today... Happy Deathday! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11207)

Estelyn Telcontar 01-14-2007 02:16 PM

My fifth death day was just shortly after yours, Alk! I was away from home on the 12th though, so hadn't the opportunity to celebrate it with due solemnity. Wow, five years is an eternity in this fast-lived internet age.

The Might 01-14-2007 04:51 PM

Just wanted to wish anyone who celebrated recently a happy deathday, and many more years together on the Downs I hope ! :)

Luthien Elfmaiden 01-18-2007 08:36 PM

Happy Death day to you all, and a big hug to my best friend Alk see you in guild wars for that drink. :smokin:

Alkanoonion 01-19-2007 03:28 PM

lol Luth you mad girl **hugs back** :D

Thanks all, the downs has been a much loved home and while I may not post much I am here most weeks reading and loving you all.

Child of the 7th Age I will have a look on the rpg forum and see if any spots are free, I have been doing a lot of roll playing in guild wars with Luth so I hope that I have improved from the old days. ;)

Nogrod 01-23-2007 02:07 AM

I indeed had a deathday yesterday but forgot it... :p

But thanks to you all it sure has been a good year. I'm very happy that Lommy managed to drag me here...

Thanks Lommy!

Thinlómien 01-23-2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod
I indeed had a deathday yesterday but forgot it...

But thanks to you all it sure has been a good year. I'm very happy that Lommy managed to drag me here...

Thanks Lommy!

You're welcome, I'm glad to have dragged you here. :)

(Though I admit sending a panicky PM to Kath right after you joining titled "The shock of the year", saying "My dad just joined the barrow-downs! :eek: " ... :p)

Kath 01-23-2007 03:47 AM

Quote:

Though I admit sending a panicky PM to Kath right after you joining titled "The shock of the year", saying "My dad just joined the barrow-downs!
That's right! I'd forgotten all about that. :D

Happy deathday Noggie, and now that you're thoroughly stuck here let's hope you have many more!

Lhunardawen 01-23-2007 09:09 PM

It took me quite a while to realise you're father and daughter, though. :D

Belated happy deathday, Nogrod, and here's to more years of death and decay! :)

Mithalwen 03-01-2007 11:17 AM

A belated happy third deathday to Boromir88 for the 27th February.

Thinlómien 03-02-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen
A belated happy third deathday to Boromir88 for the 27th February.

Seconded! :)

Gil-Galad 03-02-2007 07:42 PM

heh everyone missed mine in febuary... boy do i feel loved...

Kath 03-02-2007 07:54 PM

Sorry Gil! A belated happy birthday to both you and Boro then. :)

Dang it, we need Holby back so we can keep up!

Rikae 04-14-2007 09:21 PM

I would like to wish a belated happy first deathday to a certain downer (who is probably sleeping now, but oh well.)

You know who I mean...(psst...in light of the last WW game, I hope he's having nice dreams...;) )

Thinlómien 04-16-2007 02:03 AM

Seems quite belated :D, but since I've missed it too, I'll be wishing Mac a happy deathday as well. Hyvää kuolinpäivää!

Macalaure 04-16-2007 02:56 AM

Thaaank you! :)

I can't believe I've already been here for a whole year. I still feel kinda newbieish.

A question to the admins: Would it be possible to have a Deathdays-row beneath the Birthdays-row on the main page. There seem to me more belated congratulations here than congratulations that're on time. :rolleyes:

Rikae 04-16-2007 03:20 PM

Yes, seconded! And, ideally, it would be up and running before August 25th...;)

Mithalwen 05-22-2007 06:42 AM

I just missed my death day!!

I died 3 years ago yesterday - I just looked up my first post - which wasn't til the 24th. Furnny really - It took me 3 years from playing with Mad libs to join the forum then 3 days to post even in the quiz room ... and even longer to post on Books I think - but I haven't tracked that down yet :D

Rune Son of Bjarne 05-22-2007 10:44 AM

In that case: Happy Death Day Mith !

At least here you are not growing any older, just decaying a bit more!

Kath 05-22-2007 11:00 AM

Ah I'm sorry Mith! Happy deathday. :) Glad you've enjoyed them all so far and let us hope you have many, many, many more! The 'Downs wouldn't be the same without you.

Mithalwen 05-22-2007 11:38 AM

Well I still reckon I can deduct my years dead from my years lived so I am infact the same age as when I joined the downs..and shall remain so!!!

Thank you both :D

Thinlómien 05-24-2007 01:32 AM

Belated deathday congrats, Mith. Let's indeed hope thre will be many, many more deathdays to come for you! :)

Brinniel 06-10-2007 12:53 AM

I missed my deathday by a few days. But I promise I didn't forget...I was away on vacation in Georgia. Anyways, I may be late, but I will still celebrate. Five years is certainly a long time, though I'm not sure if all those years count since I was away part of that time. Oh well...the main point is that I came back, and I'm quite glad of that. :)

Kath 06-10-2007 03:11 PM

Five years, another impressive count! I always forget you've been here for so long. Hope you stay for many more years! :)

Thinlómien 06-13-2007 04:38 AM

Belated deathday congrats, Brinn. It's lovely to have you around here.

Brinniel 06-14-2007 01:07 AM

Thank you, Lommy and Kath. :)

The Barrow Downs have been like a virtual home to me. I still regret ever leaving. Right now, I'm not sure what I would do with myself if it weren't for this wonderful site...

Nilpaurion Felagund 06-15-2007 12:22 AM

Happy Deathday to spawn.

I am quite glad she joined the Downs . . . :)

Thinlómien 06-15-2007 01:29 AM

Happy deathday to spawn! It's lovely to have you around here. Please be here for many years. Ja pssst... kukaan ei panis pahakseen jos taukos loppuis... :p ;)

Meneltarmacil 06-25-2007 12:33 PM

*the ghost of Menel rises from the grave*

On this day in 2003, I joined the ranks of the Dead here. These last four years have been fun. Hopefully, more will follow.

Rune Son of Bjarne 06-25-2007 06:51 PM

4 years that is a lot. .. but not long enough!

You better stay in the barrows and stay dead!

Macalaure 08-26-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me (Post 517823)
A question to the admins: Would it be possible to have a Deathdays-row beneath the Birthdays-row on the main page. There seem to me more belated congratulations here than congratulations that're on time. :rolleyes:

I saw it coming...

A happy (and only very slightly belated :rolleyes:) deathday to my dear Rikae!

May the grass on your barrow grow green for many years to come.

Rikae 08-26-2007 12:15 PM

And what a year...

Thag you very buch. :)

I think I'll take this occasion to point out to all that I was born 21 weeks after Macalaure, and also died 21 weeks after him.

Because I am a creepy stalker like that.

:p

I couldn't have imagined, a year ago, what a wonderful community I'd stumbled into and what amazing people I would meet.

I'll just say a classic "One year is far too short a time to spend among such excellent and admirable wights"...

Firefoot 08-26-2007 12:31 PM

Wow, it seems like you've both been around much longer than just a year. Happy (rather belated, perhaps, to Mac) deathday to you both!

Thinlómien 08-26-2007 12:33 PM

Belated congrats to you both! Please stick around for many more years! :D

HerenIstarion 09-23-2007 09:49 AM

Seven... a rather curious number and a very respectable age for a deadnight chanter... :smokin:

Thinlómien 09-23-2007 02:21 PM

Wow

Indeed. HUGE congratulations to you, Heren! :D May there be seven times seven more years for you here!

Estelyn Telcontar 09-24-2007 02:40 AM

Congratulations, HI! Far and few, far and few are the forum members who can claim such longevity here.

Mithalwen 09-24-2007 05:39 AM

Belated congratulations to HI.

I am still grateful for the encouragement you gave me in the early days of my death and am sorry you are not around so much - though I know it is for good reasons. Also thanks to you I have been able to impress my rugby mad family with my knowledge of the Georgian game :cool:

Mister Underhill 09-24-2007 09:08 AM

My compliments as well, HI. Come to think of it, I turned seven earlier this month too. An auspicious number! Seven stars and seven stones, and seven years of dirt and bones. Or something like that.

Kath 09-24-2007 09:09 AM

Well then a belated happy deathday to HI and to Mr Underhill. May your deaths be long and fruitful. :D

Rune Son of Bjarne 09-28-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac

It is funny how we forget Deathdays as they (at least forum wise) should be more important than birthdays, at least that is how I have always looked at it.

It is funny that even though my approach is that deathdays are more important, I am always more nervouse that non notices my birthday. I even forgot my own deathday earlier this month.