The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Telephone. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13160)

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-18-2007 05:56 AM

That would be good. Thanks, Oddwen, we'll see if it is needed, depends on LM I guess...
...Well, if the picture comes before Sunday, then it seems I'll be writing about TM's picture. Mwahaha... :D
And to keep you in track, I'll pop up here as soon as I'm back.

Volo 05-20-2007 10:36 AM

Lord Melkor, could you please send the picture soon.

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-20-2007 11:05 AM

I'm back...

...so it seems I haven't missed anything. Lord Melkor, waiting for your masterpiece!

Gil-Galad 05-20-2007 06:33 PM

i suggest shifting him to bottom of list so if he is unresponsive by then we can cut him...

Volo 05-20-2007 10:33 PM

He answered that he'll get the picture ready by tomorrow. He's already nearly done it. :)

Beregond 05-23-2007 09:21 AM

My picture's in, so I think this must be near done! :)

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-23-2007 11:24 AM

Great! I can't wait.

Beregond 05-23-2007 11:25 AM

Me neither - what a great game this is! :)

Volo 05-23-2007 01:53 PM

Sorry for the long delays, I think I might get them out already tomorrow! :)

Volo 05-24-2007 04:35 AM

Paper Telephone!

I woke up in the middle of the night with this idea burning my head:

"Smaug got tired of living under the mountain and decided to build himself a new house on top of the mountain. Beorn is giving advice."

Aganzir couldn't find her pencils so she used paint instead:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ds/Aganzir.jpg

dancing spawn of ungoliant found a minute in between filling different forms and wrote this:

"Having a bureaucratic bear interfering with your attempts to remodel your penthouse condo made the glowing Worm wish he hadn't moved in the neighbourhood in the first place."

Orominuialwen quickly skipped through 38942 pictures and made a collage out of the best ones:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...lds/Oromin.jpg

Thinlómien visited Sofocle for help and recieved great advice, this is how she improved the wise words:

"Chinese Smaug was not happy when an official-looking female Beorn came to visit him with outrageous requests."

Hookbill the Goomba had just finished another article about the Argonath when he was ordered to draw this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/Hookbill.jpg

Gil-Galad opened his history book and found the courage to bring out the truth:

"The Dragon did not like Threats, in fact he hated them for it brought back painful memories of his childhood when all the other kid-dragons on his street would tease him about being a dragon with a funny hat that anyone could control him, but someday he will prove himself that dragons can be stylin' in hats too..."

Precioussss sat in deep thought and in the end concluded like this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...recioussss.jpg

The Elf-warrior who had run out of tee, visited Menel to borrow some and in his way of saying thanks, wrote this:

"Meneltarmacil thought of the humiliation that would come to him if he accepted the Hobbits' funny hat."

Lord Melkor, after having travelled to the other side of the Galaxy to see what colour Gandalf the Grey's hat was, decided that it looked like this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...LordMelkor.jpg

Legate of Amon Lanc saw that this was a serious matter and grave seriously stated these words right here:

"Poor Meneltarmacil does not have the heart to decline Frodo's gift of a "funny" hat with roses on antennaes, pictures of smileys and inbuilt blue ice-cream cone; though he knows that putting it on will surely mean being exposed to the mockery of the whole Fellowship..."

The Might giggled at Legate's words and posted this picture:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/TheMight.jpg

Oddwen sighed and went off to put on the coffee machine, half way there she though about the matters at hand and knew that the realy truth was this:

"Bilbo gives away hats on his birthday, but Meneltarmacil(tm) is ungrateful."

Beregond looked at the dictionary and wondered what could "Meneltarmacil" mean. Then he looked in the window and gasped. The thing he saw was this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...s/Beregond.jpg

The 1,000 Reader saw that it wouldn't be easy, but with some political accuracy managed to finish the game with this phrase:

"No hobbit would forget the dragon that showed up during Flatfoot Proudfoot's birthday in 2019."

Thank you all and do come again! :D

Thinlómien 05-24-2007 04:41 AM

That was hilarious! :D

Aganzir 05-24-2007 04:48 AM

Indeed it was. :D

Whoever mods the next round, I would like to draw again if possible. Maybe I can even find my pencils by then. :p

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-24-2007 04:57 AM

Ha, wonderful! :D I must say, I like very much Hookbill's interpretation of "outrageous requests". Though, something like this could have been expected...

Volo 05-24-2007 05:15 AM

I would like to be in the next game, if somebody wants to mod. Should we try the two part double game that was held once?

Either role is fine with me.

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-24-2007 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo
Should we try the two part double game that was held once?

And what is it?

I'd also like to play next game, if anyone wants to mod... or if no one wanted, in the worst case, I could take that burden myself... but only in the worst case :)

Volo 05-24-2007 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
And what is it?

From post #64.

Lord Melkor 05-24-2007 05:44 AM

Haha, brilliant game once more people! :D

I'm up for another game, once again for drawing. :)

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-24-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo

Oh, thanks. Well, I'd go for it, only I'm afraid if it wouldn't be too long? Of course, the longer, the more fun - and I don't think it will be any problem in appearing twice in the same chain since you wouldn't know what pictures or descriptions were between your two turns - but the way the last one went, it might take as well half a year to do something like that... :rolleyes: It would probably need everyone to really post on time, mainly for the mod's sake, because not everyone can really 100% check the Downs for several months every two or three days...

Anyway, I'd like to participate in the next game as well, if there will be a place (though if someone who is new or wasn't here for long wanted to join and there weren't enough space, I might skip this turn), and if someone wants to mod, of course. If no one wanted, I could eventually take this burden myself, but it would be really only in the worst case...

Volo 05-24-2007 09:01 AM

The rule of posting on time was forgotten... I think it's usually two days and then you're changed with somebody (if you don't inform about being late on time and beg for mercy, that is).

Hookbill the Goomba 05-24-2007 10:09 AM

That was probably the best one yet! :D
Aganzir's picture really made me laugh. And I love how Smaug turned into Meneltarmacil.

If no one else will mod, I will. The list of folks who have said they will play:

Aganzir
Volo
Legate of Amon Lanc
Lord Melkor

Beregond 05-24-2007 10:54 AM

I'll play again too! That was great! :D Drawing or writing, whatever is needed.

xyzzy 05-24-2007 12:52 PM

Ooh, I did one of these on another forum.

Will sign up.

The Might 05-24-2007 03:04 PM

Maybe write next...
Anyway, interesting how the dragon became Meneltarmacil, and Beorn became a Hobbit
Too bad the pics are more or less constant this time...

Gil-Galad 05-24-2007 04:40 PM

i would like to write again till i feel more comfortable drawing...

The 1,000 Reader 05-24-2007 05:32 PM

Can I write?

Orominuialwen 05-25-2007 12:19 AM

I'd love to play again, but only if I'll be done with my part before June 19th. (I leave the country for a month then and probably won't be online much during that time.)

The building permit Smaug holds and the background from my picture are both photos I took when my family had our house remodeled last fall--we had to keep the permit posted on our front door, and the other picture is of our bathroom with all the walls, flooring, and plumbing ripped out.

Thinlómien 05-25-2007 02:15 AM

I'd love to play again and would prefer drawing, unless there is (there are? :p) a serious lack of writers.

Hookbill the Goomba 05-25-2007 03:14 AM

Looks like we are ready to go. If you want to join in, you can.

0 Hookbill - Write
Aganzir - Draw
Volo - Write
Legate of Amon Lanc - Draw
Lord Melkor - Write
Beregond - Draw
xyzzy - Write

Thinlomien - Draw
Gil-Galad - Write
The 1,000 Reader - Write
The Might - Draw
The Elf-warrior - Write
Orominuialwen - Draw

The 1,000 Reader 05-26-2007 02:20 AM

You have two writes in a row Hookbill.

Hookbill the Goomba 05-26-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 1,000 Reader
You have two writes in a row Hookbill.

Well spotted. You win a cake. :)

Gil-Galad 05-26-2007 01:38 PM

uh i asked to write this game... or else you want a terrible drawing that would take a long time...

Hookbill the Goomba 05-26-2007 01:53 PM

Sorry Giles, I shall change it...

Happy now? :p

The Elf-warrior 05-27-2007 08:11 PM

I'd like to write again.

Hookbill the Goomba 05-28-2007 03:37 PM

Aaah!!

Sorry, I've messed things up a bit on the list. I may need to change some people's roles. If you have major objections do tell me.

Hookbill - Write
Aganzir - Draw
Volo - Write
Legate of Amon Lanc - Draw
Lord Melkor - Write
Beregond - Draw
xyzzy - Write
Thinlomien - Draw
Gil-Galad – Write
Orominuialwen - Draw
The 1,000 Reader – Write
The Might - Draw
The Elf-warrior - Write

Aganzir 06-04-2007 02:28 PM

Should Gil change places with someone?

Volo 06-04-2007 02:35 PM

:D

You sure you even sent the message to Gil? Eh, Hookbill? It's been a week and still Gil is highlighted... :rolleyes:

Hookbill the Goomba 06-04-2007 03:19 PM

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot to change it. :(

Thinlómien 06-07-2007 03:14 PM

Might I ask how are we doing? How many people yet to go? *is anxious*

:D

Hookbill the Goomba 06-07-2007 03:16 PM

Orominuialwen has the ball. But I'm going to send another Email as a reminder...

The 1,000 Reader 06-08-2007 04:07 PM

Oddwen finished her pic, and I have sent my sentence.