The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Isle of Werewolves) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11911)

Farael 12-30-2005 02:28 AM

Well, pencil me in for the time being... I'll confirm whether I'm playing or not as we get closer to the starting date, because I still need to see how school gets started this next term... but I'd like another crack at WW

the guy who be short 12-30-2005 08:06 AM

Ooh, Formy as Mod? Sounds excellent.And 7th Jan overlaps with my exam perfectly! Count me in. :D Do you have any vague notions concerning gameplay afore I give my character a role?

Garin 12-30-2005 09:54 AM

I'd like to play

Please allow me to participate in my first werewolf game. I am new to the downs but have watched the last few games. Referred to the site by Mormegil.

Holbytlass 12-30-2005 10:57 AM

Welcome, Garin, any friend of Morm's is a friend of ours. We also delight in fresh meat!

Ooh, I can't resist, sign me up!

Kath 12-30-2005 11:23 AM

No. I can't do it. Sign me up please Form! I've figured a way to do it round my exams so count me in.

Rune Son of Bjarne 12-30-2005 11:36 AM

I really should take a brake frome this, but sign me up anyway.

It might be my last game before leaving the downs.

:eek:

Valier 12-30-2005 12:35 PM

I would also like to play! Sounds loathsome!(Snicker)

Formendacil 12-30-2005 12:45 PM

Okay, we are now up to...

Meneltarmacil
Cailin
Azaelia
Fareal
TGWBS
Garin
Holbytlass
Kath
Rune
Valier
Gil-Galad
Lhunardawen

Not a bad start... I'm sure we'll have enough by the time the game starts.

Quote:

Do you have any vague notions concerning gameplay afore I give my character a role?
My dear Guy Who Be Short....

I have more than vague notions, I have a rather clear picture...

This game will be set in the early-mid Third Age, in eastern Rhovannion. Gondorians and Northmen would be the most likely ethnic groups to be found in this particular little village.

It is my intention to continue in the epic tradition of the Phantom and Alcarillo, now taking place in the Third Age.

I'm looking for approximately 15-18 players, by the way.

Meneltarmacil 12-30-2005 12:55 PM

In that case, I'll be the creepy guy on the outskirts of town.

Garin 12-30-2005 01:17 PM

Thanks for letting me in. I'll be in the horse rental business.

Gil-Galad 12-30-2005 01:40 PM

Sign me up....

the guy who be short 12-30-2005 04:12 PM

I shall be the Hat-maker. Every weekend, I go to sell my wares in the closest town, though in this time of crisis I shall remain in the village throughout...
I also keep many sheep, whence come the hats.

Farael 12-30-2005 04:28 PM

Time allowing, I think I shall be a worm hunter. I will hunt the most fierece worms and then sell them to fishermen for bait =D 'tis a dangerous job, worm hunter is.

Gil-Galad 12-30-2005 05:06 PM

I shall be a Shrubber, Gil-Galad the Shrubber, Shrubbery is my trade, Shruberry is the name of the game.

Eluchíl 12-30-2005 07:30 PM

If there's room I'll join the party. Just assign me somewhere useful and I'll go from there.

Valier 12-30-2005 07:44 PM

I shall be the town BrewMaster,A lady who's tongue is like a whip,but servers the best damn liquor in town!

Alcarillo 12-30-2005 11:31 PM

Sign me up for this game if there's room still. I shall be a moneylender. I once worked in the great cities of Gondor long ago, but I was chased to Rhovanion by an angry mob, accusing me of having ridiculously high interest rates.

Lhunardawen 12-31-2005 01:54 AM

*ehem*

P.S. So this is how you'll celebrate your first deathday, Formendacil? ;)

Formendacil 12-31-2005 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
*ehem*

I haven't forgotten you, Lhuna dear...

Your name shall appear on the list in due time.

Quote:

P.S. So this is how you'll celebrate your first deathday, Formendacil? ;)
Rather appropriate, in light of the occasion, don't you think?

Formendacil 12-31-2005 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eluchíl
If there's room I'll join the party. Just assign me somewhere useful and I'll go from there.

Don't take this as an insult, but from your question here, I feel the need to ask, before putting you down on the list, if you are familiar with how Werewolf is played?

As I said, no offense intended, but your phrasing here makes me think you are expecting a RPG of sorts.

Lhunardawen 12-31-2005 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil
I haven't forgotten you, Lhuna dear...

Your name shall appear on the list in due time.

Excellent, Lord Formendacil.

Quote:

Rather appropriate, in light of the occasion, don't you think?
You mean creating death posts for fellow BDers? If you're that cruel, or you think the Downs has been cruel to you, yes. :D

Gurthang 12-31-2005 10:29 AM

Well, I might as well sign up. Even if I'm too busy, sleep can wait a couple weeks... ;)

Since we're in some pretty wide open spaces, I'll be a rancher. Not sure what I'll ranch, though. A few cows, some horses, maybe a rabbit or hundred. Now all I have to decide is if I'll play conservatively or try to hatch some new, far-fetched, likely-not-to-work-and-more-likely-to-get-me-lynched scheme.

Looking forward to the game, Formy.

Gurthang 12-31-2005 10:30 AM

Side note: I just noticed that my location, which has been there for about a week now, fits quite nicely with the new game. What are the odds. :D

Amanaduial the archer 12-31-2005 11:15 AM

I'd like to join please - just signing up to see whether this is possible before I create a character. :)

Naria 12-31-2005 02:39 PM

Sounds good, I'm in. If I'm accepted I will create my character as they are divided amongst us.

Gil-Galad 12-31-2005 05:52 PM

Form, theres always Werewolf Junior if you don't think certain members are ready for the real thing...

EDIT: sorry if i caused any offense, i just wnated to say that the Werewolf Junior is for new members that want to play the Werewolf game, i know when i first played werewolf, there was no junior, and i had a hard time, i got killed off the first night! i posted this cause i don't want other members feeling like i felt and so they get the best of their werewolf experiance, though at least the neg rep at an explanation, but nobody signed it...

dancing spawn of ungoliant 01-01-2006 01:52 AM

Nilpaurion Felagund signs up.

Kuruharan 01-01-2006 09:21 AM

Hmm...Eastern Rhovanion...sounds like the perfect place for a dwarven alcohol, tobacco, and firearms...errr, I mean weapons, merchant.

Assuming we do start on the 7th, you can count me in.

Garin 01-01-2006 10:20 AM

Where are the veterans?

I'm hoping to hear from saucepan man and mormegil among others. :mad:

Cailín 01-01-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

'Twould be shameful of me not too. You're in.

How very courteous, sir. As for professions... I think I shall be a noble kleptomaniac this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garin
I'm hoping to hear from saucepan man and mormegil among others. :mad:

There indeed seem to be many newbies this game - of which you are one, too. :p

Well, newbies can be fun. They are far less predictable and often surprise you in the end. However, I'm a bit worried that some do not really understand what they are signing up for. It sounds like Naria and Eluchíl are expecting something more RPG-like. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but please before you join, read some of the earlier Tol in Gaurhoth games and browse through this thread a little. :)

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-01-2006 11:18 AM

I will be a Hobbit peace activist.

Naria 01-01-2006 04:30 PM

I would like to state that I have thoroughly read the rules for this game. It is not an RPG but more like a murder mystery of sorts, I would definitely still like to play even though I am new.
So if I am on the list I would like to be the towns proprietor for the local house of healing, with a specialty in exotic pipe weeds.

Formendacil 01-01-2006 09:57 PM

Okay, the list stands at:

Meneltarmacil - Creepy Guy on the Edge of Town
Cailin - Noble Kleptomaniac
Azaelia
Farael
- Worm Hunter
TGWBS - Hat Maker
Garin - Horse Loaner
Kath
Rune
Valier
- Brewmaster
Gil-Galad - Shrubber
Alcarillo - Moneylender
Lhunardawen - Potion-Pizza Person
Gurthang - Rancher
Amanaduial
Naria
- Store Proprietor
Nilpaurion Felagund - Suspicious Carnivore
Kuruharan - Dwarven Alcohol and Weapons Merchant
Eluchil - Mild-Mannered Innkeeper
Malkatoj

That's 18 players, unless I count wrong, which I don't, so I think we're about full up- with room for maybe one more player, unless someone backs out.

As for Rune: Be a peace activist if you like, but I don't think that there were any Hobbits in Gondorian 3rd Age Rhovannion...

Kuru and Naria: You can be businessmen (or businessdwarves), if you like, but tobacco/pipeweed hasn't been discovered as useful yet...

That seems to be all the important info for now... If everybody could hand in job descriptions (or have them assigned- be warned, I will make them whatsoever I like) over the next couple days, that would be awesome. Meanwhile, expect a Saturday, Sunday, or maybe even Monday start- depending on what happens to me this Sunday.

Each Day, as usual, will be 24 hours in duration (give or take), as will each Night. We will begin with a Night Cycle. Day/Night transitions will probably be made at 3:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, which is 5:00 p.m EST, and should be 10:00 pm in Greenwich.

~Michael A. Joosten - WW XVI Moderator~

Farael 01-01-2006 11:35 PM

Hey Mr. Joosten... my sn is Farael, not Fareal!!!!

Looking forward to my second try at WW

Lhunardawen 01-01-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moderadacil
That seems to be all the important info for now... If everybody could hand in job descriptions (or have them assigned- be warned, I will make them whatsoever I like) over the next couple days, that would be awesome. Meanwhile, expect a Saturday, Sunday, or maybe even Monday start- depending on what happens to me this Sunday.

I wonder if there was pizza in those days... ;) If there was, I think I shall be a chef specializing in potion (of whatever kind)-containing pizzas. What say you, dear mod?

Quote:

Each Day, as usual, will be 24 hours in duration (give or take), as will each Night. We will begin with a Night Cycle. Day/Night transitions will probably be made at 3:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, which is 5:00 p.m EST, and should be 10:00 pm in Greenwich.
10+8=18. 18-12=6. So that's 6 AM for me...expect early votes.

Formendacil 01-02-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael
Hey Mr. Joosten... my sn is Farael, not Fareal!!!!

Looking forward to my second try at WW

Typos happen to the best of people. 'Tis best not to point them out in posts unless if becomes habit.

Quote:

I wonder if there was pizza in those days... If there was, I think I shall be a chef specializing in potion (of whatever kind)-containing pizzas. What say you, dear mod?
Potion Pizza Person...

Dunno if they had pizza during the 3rd Age, but there's nothing saying they couldn't slap some sauce made of anachronistic tomatoes onto bread dough, sprinkled it with cheese and called it a pizza.

Updating the List.

Lhunardawen 01-02-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Potion Pizza Person...

Love the alliteration. As you say, Milord.

Quote:

Dunno if they had pizza during the 3rd Age, but there's nothing saying they couldn't slap some sauce made of anachronistic tomatoes onto bread dough, sprinkled it with cheese and called it a pizza.
I think this could present to be a hot topic in the Books.

Eluchíl 01-02-2006 03:29 AM

Quote:

Don't take this as an insult, but from your question here, I feel the need to ask, before putting you down on the list, if you are familiar with how Werewolf is played?

As I said, no offense intended, but your phrasing here makes me think you are expecting a RPG of sorts.

Sorry, I was just being coy. I know the rules. ;)

Azaelia of Willowbottom 01-02-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

hmmm...I feel an Uh-oh coming on... Because I'm a student, I am at school until about 3 PM, and then, two or 3 days a week, perhaps more, I am at work until 6:00. That all adds up to me missing a lot of crucial time, because of the transition time being at 5:00.

I'm sort of wondering if I should sit this one out too, as I'm up in the air about whether or not my time schedule would put me under unnecessary suspicion (usually happens anyway)...or if it would lead to me being too silent.

Meneltarmacil 01-02-2006 10:02 AM

Well, I'll be able to post early and late in the Day in that case, though you won't see much of me during the middle, as I'm also on EST, leave for school at about 6:40 AM, and get back around 2:30 PM. So if I'm being quiet during that time, please don't consider that a reason to lynch me.