The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The scariest LotR character (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5059)

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-12-2003 03:36 AM

The scariest LotR character

Many apologies if this has been done before, but if it has I haven't found it.
I think that the scariet character in the book is Tom Bombadil [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] and the scariest character in the film is... it's a close thing between Elrond and Galadriel.

(having seen the extended DVD i would tentatively add Haldir)

Liriodendron 01-12-2003 09:34 AM

When Grima tells Saruman (in the movie!) they will be bringing women and children to Helms Deep, the way Saruman's eyebrow jumps up and he almost smiles is scary! ( no, it's hilarious, no scary, no.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-12-2003 10:09 AM

I'm inclined to agree, although The thing that really scared me in that scene was the tone of voice Wormtounge used for the word "Women"

Thanks loads for replying, everyone!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Galenfea of Mirkwood. ]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-12-2003 11:48 AM

hm...i dont have a scariest character but the Creepiest one has to be Wormtongue. Gross! He needs to get a tan and wash his hair. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 01-12-2003 11:56 AM

sitting at home as I am now, with the TV in the background and a mouthfull of coco-pops, I am not easily scared of anything. However, in middle-earth, I would be scared of anything that is pointing a weapon at me with that famous "I dont like you so i shall re-arrange your face" look in its eye! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lindril Arvilya 01-12-2003 10:09 PM

Quote:

hm...i dont have a scariest character but the Creepiest one has to be Wormtongue. Gross! He needs to get a tan and wash his hair.
No way, man! Wormtongue's so hot! (Ok, mildly kidding... he's my favourite character but I do think he needs a makeover and some therapy.)
My scariest (movie) character has to be Eowyn. Stalking Aragorn, and those bulging eyes... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Eep....

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-12-2003 10:17 PM

Eowyn? Elrond? Galadriel? Tom Bombadil? You people have funny things to be scared of. Actually, i shouldnt be talking because isnt Eomer scary? He always looks like if you say the wrong thing, he'll pull out his sword and skewer you on the spot. Dontcha think?

Liriodendron 01-12-2003 10:23 PM

Heh heh! I forgot about Eomer, Horse-maiden! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You are so right, based on looks, he is quite scary! He looks like he's either going to skewer you or explode! (of course, his situation was rather dire... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Meela 01-13-2003 12:02 PM

treebeard was scary at first

and i must be the only person in existence who loves grima as he is!! im sure he has fans, but nobody thinks the pale and the hair is nice... except me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nimrothiel 01-13-2003 02:59 PM

Hellooooo, hasn't anyone recalled the totally freaky and deranged look Faramir gives Frodo?! Sorry, but it freaked me considering the fact that Faramir is supposed to be all self-righteous and everything, and here he is actually going to take the Ring from Frodo. God, I HATE it when directors go away from the storyline! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Meela 01-13-2003 03:06 PM

Faramir??? my god, he is hot... scary, yes... but he could win in a pouting contest!

eleanor_niphredil 01-13-2003 03:07 PM

What about the freaky and deranged look Frodo has during the entire movie?

Meela 01-13-2003 03:09 PM

lol, especially the voice he uses in osgiliath, when the nazgul are coming, and he says "They're here" or whatever

Lindril Arvilya 01-13-2003 03:15 PM

Quote:

He always looks like if you say the wrong thing, he'll pull out his sword and skewer you on the spot.
I think he probably would.

Meela, you and I have the same taste in men. Wormtongue, Faramir...

And come on, guys, the part where Frodo "wraiths out" with the freaky-deaky voice was one of my favourite parts of the movie! They're here.... Sweet....

Meela 01-13-2003 03:18 PM

u like them too? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] yay!
im also starting to see something in saruman... and theoden

think i need a sight test? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Farrehn 01-13-2003 03:33 PM

I'm supprised no one has said the most obviouse of all
Ring Wraiths! Black Riders, hello!?
Especially when they appear our of no where screatching as they do.
Denathor is strange too.
Grima is uh . . . in need of help.
Saruman is cool and evil
Eowyns eyes are bulging!
But I'm sure that anyone of the fellowship charging enraged towards me would be frightening. Especially Gimli or Legolas with grey eyes. (But that's more a respectful fear.)
Oh! Also the Wargs, they're pretty nasty!

Meela 01-13-2003 03:56 PM

grima needs help? lol

denethor = goddam hot

Nimrothiel 01-13-2003 04:17 PM

Okay, point taken on the Frodo observation, but I'm also curious as to where some of you saw Denethor. I don't recall seeing him in the movie.

Sapphire_Flame 01-13-2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

...especially the voice he[Frodo] uses in osgiliath, when the nazgul are coming, and he says "They're here"...
I beg your pardon, but that voice is cool! I dunno, I think the scariest character is..........Galadriel, in the movie anyway. Ya know, I'm really surprised no one has said Sauron yet. Just thought that was odd. One more thing....
Quote:

denethor = goddam hot
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]

Gorwingel 01-13-2003 07:21 PM

In the movie, the scariest charater is Faramir, just because he is so different than in the book. And the way he treats Sam and Frodo is just terrible. In the book the scariest charater is Gollum (sorry Gollum lovers but I personally think he is pure evil [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] well not really because you feel sorry for him and I know he probably dosen't mean it, but I was like Sam, I wanted to kill him )

Taure Leafsilver 01-13-2003 08:32 PM

I'm like you Gorwingel. I wanted to kill gollum in the book, but then I listened to "gollum's song" and realy started to pity him.
As for scariest chariter Frodo, That voice is cool but scary. Oh! and Theoden (the king I think) when he looks like his skin is made of sand-paper......eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

Himaran 01-14-2003 02:54 PM

While I think that Ugluk (and most orcs/uruk hai) arn't scary at all, that one orc with the deformed face that followed merry/pippin into fangorn got me the first time I saw it...

O yeah, and the black riders of course, when the one on the horse flys out of nowhere in that forest near the buckleberry ferry...

Meela 01-14-2003 04:28 PM

there is nothing wrong with me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] denethor is hot!!
and so is gil-galad!! and elrond!! and saruman!! and grima!! and treebeard!! (ok, i surprised myself on that one...)

Meela 01-15-2003 08:26 AM

ok... i TOTALLY take that back about denethor...

*goes and checks*

nope... i take that back, i dont take back anything [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-15-2003 12:46 PM

I have good reason for being afraid of Elrond:
http://www.ninecompanions.net/galler...vendell_28.JPG
Get my point? if not just say the word, there's more where that one came from...

eleanor_niphredil 01-15-2003 12:54 PM

Okay, that really jumped out at me there. Do NOT do that again! I nearly had a heart attack!

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-15-2003 01:01 PM

My apologies. but do you see why I nominate Eldrond?

Dark Shadow 01-15-2003 01:14 PM

hm. I think the Nazgul were scary.... especially the winged ones... they scare me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:

My apologies. but do you see why I nominate Elrond?
nope. Not really. I like Elrond...

(Hugo Weaving's bottom front teeth are just like mine... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] stupid comment, but I noticed it the other day and to me it seemed interesting... )

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-15-2003 01:22 PM

Sorry, eleanor_niphredil:
Allow me:

http://www.ninecompanions.net/galler...vendell_24.JPG

Lossentilien 01-15-2003 01:25 PM

Is anyone else freaked out when Eowyn ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ) is stroking Theodin's hand?? Eeeewww......that was disgusting. Oh, and did anyone else notice how big Faramir's nose is? My friend pointed it out the other day and by GOD.
Apologies to those who find him hot, but I don't see it.

Meela 01-15-2003 03:46 PM

apologise!!! now!!! i love faramir, although im inclined to agree [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
i also find elrond so goddam attractive [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lossentilien 01-16-2003 12:44 PM

I did apologise!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It's in the post...

I do have quite a scary question though............
Does anyone fancy Grima??

*looks disgusted*

Cause there's a girl in my year who thinks he's.........hot.... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Meela 01-16-2003 01:54 PM

*both hands shoot right up* see signature and earlier posts [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] he is gorgeous!!!!!

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-18-2003 05:48 AM

And people are worried about ME? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Maikadilwen 01-18-2003 07:15 PM

Come ON, people!

Elrond is darn gorgeous! MORE PICS, PLEASE!
Grima is cute. I felt so sorry for him, I just wanted to hug him. The same with Gollum.
Sauron..... He is HOT! (Especially in his armour in the beginning of FOTR) [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Now, the one I find scary is Frodo! I mean, his eyes are simply just terrifying.

And that line "They're here" always cracks me up. It makes me think about the little girl in the movie Poltergeist. That was her line shortly before she got sucked into the TV. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-19-2003 09:11 AM

Quote:

Sauron..... he is HOT!
I might agree, but not using 'hot' with the same meaning. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 01-19-2003 09:16 AM

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] * sees Elrond picture and passes out. Is carried into hospital on a stretcher* [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Becha feel really guilty now, dont you [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-19-2003 09:24 AM

Well, I did say sorry first! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
ps: Maikadilwen, I would gladly put up more pictures but I don't want to kill anyone! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: Galenfea of Mirkwood. ]

Gamja 01-19-2003 10:09 PM

Bilbo. His evil [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] look was the only part that freaked me out in the FOTR.

Blue Elf 01-20-2003 12:30 AM

There is absolutely no character scarier than Elrond. **shudder**. Why does he always have to do the eyebrow thing?!? It's frightening!!

Elrond: You shall be...the Fellowship of the Ring!! **eyebrow thing**

AHHHH!!!