The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   WW CVII: Restless Nights in Sleepy Hollow (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18839)

Kitanna 10-01-2014 08:09 PM

WW CVII: Restless Nights in Sleepy Hollow

In the quiet town of Sleepy Hollow an evil presence is taking over the night.

The roles:

3 Wolves - Want to destroy the village by killing one innocent every night
Seer - Dreams a fellow player at Night
Ranger - Protects a fellow player each Night

If there are enough players I would like to try another role: The Wildcard. The Wildcard can chose his/her allegiance or chose none. At Night the Wildcard can decide whose team he/she plays for. If the Wildcard chooses the village he/she takes on the role of the Hunter. If the Wildcard chooses the Wolves and is killed during the Day he/she takes down a villager at random. If he/she is attacked in the Night he/she becomes a fourth wolf. If the Wildcard is not turned he/she may choose to change allegiance once during the course of the game. Should the wildcard not wish to take a side in the event of a neutral Wildcard being attacked or lynched he/she will take down another villager at random. Again, I'll only do this if twelve or more sign up.

Rules:
Day and Night phases last for 24 hours.
Votes are to be highlighted:
++Kitanna
If you fail to vote two Days in a row, you will be modfired.
In case of a tie, I'd like to flip a coin to add some randomness, but if no one else likes that idea the first to garner the most votes will be lynched.

The deadlines that work best for me are anywhere between 7:30-9 PM CST (-5 GMT) or 6:30-8AM CST (-5 GMT). I can do whichever of those works best for everyone else.

Villagers:
Inziladun
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Legate of Amon Lanc
Rikae
Nerwen
Aganzir
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green
Macalaure

Inziladun 10-01-2014 08:12 PM

Lynchbait Prime, reporting in.

satansaloser2005 10-01-2014 10:42 PM

I'm here, and I brought my own noose this time!

McCaber 10-02-2014 12:45 AM

I'm back, baby!

Legate of Amon Lanc 10-02-2014 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 694657)
Lynchbait Prime, reporting in.

I thought that was me...

Anyway, Lieutenant-Legate reporting in.

A couple of questions (well, somebody had to ask):

1. Can Ranger protect him/herself?
2. Can Ranger protect the same person twice in a row?
3. Optional question in case we have the Wildcard: Will the Seer see the Wildcard as a Wildcard? And will they see their allegiance or just that they are a Wildcard? (Anyway I guess the whole Wildcard concept will need more explanation, but that can be saved for later.)

Kitanna 10-02-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 694663)
1. Can Ranger protect him/herself?
2. Can Ranger protect the same person twice in a row?
3. Optional question in case we have the Wildcard: Will the Seer see the Wildcard as a Wildcard? And will they see their allegiance or just that they are a Wildcard? (Anyway I guess the whole Wildcard concept will need more explanation, but that can be saved for later.)

1. No
2. No
3. The Wildcard will appear as innocent unless the stars align right and he/she is attacked while allied with the wolves. In which case the Seer will dream him/her as a wolf.

One thing I forgot is that if this game goes past October 17-20th I will need a co-mod because I will be out of town that weekend.

Rikae 10-02-2014 06:45 AM

Sign me up (there goes the neighborhood). :D

Oh, and I'm in favor of coin-flips.

Nerwen 10-02-2014 06:50 AM

Sign me up, please!

Aganzir 10-02-2014 05:25 PM

Hello.

http://media.giphy.com/media/VFYcrLqAynOSY/giphy.gif

Inziladun 10-02-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 694673)

Joy!

Bonus: listen for the minor Tolkien link! :D

Formendacil 10-02-2014 06:25 PM

I haven't the spare time to devote to WW, but if you need an Emergency Back-up Co-Mod, Kitanna, I'm willing to step in.

satansaloser2005 10-02-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil (Post 694677)
I haven't the spare time to devote to WW, but if you need an Emergency Back-up Co-Mod, Kitanna, I'm willing to step in.

You have no idea how excited I got when I saw you'd posted here....

Galadriel55 10-02-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 694675)
Joy!

Bonus: listen for the minor Tolkien link! :D

It must be smashing your head with a hammer, obviously.

On related terms, sadly I barely have enough time (or mental stamina) to check my email on a more-or-less-daily basis. So no WW for me. :( But I will follow as much as I can - at least make note of deaths and reveals.

Inziladun 10-03-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 694680)
It must be smashing your head with a hammer, obviously.

*hint* Grandmother.

wilwarin538 10-04-2014 09:31 AM

Yes! Died in night 1 in the last game, and that was sad, so hopefully I last longer this time!!! ;)

Kitanna 10-04-2014 10:06 AM

I received a request from a player about being assigned a role they haven't played in a while. If anyone else has a special request for a role feel free to PM me about it. I'm not making any promises that you'll get that role, but I will take it into consideration when I'm assigning things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil[/quote

I will keep this under my hat and let you know. Thanks! :D

McCaber 10-04-2014 03:53 PM

I really dislike coin flips thanks to one game I seered where the village lost because of one. I'd much rather play with first past the post rules.

Shastanis Althreduin 10-05-2014 02:10 AM

I'd like to sign up.

satansaloser2005 10-05-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 694691)
I'd like to sign up.

Flipping straight you would, son. *nuzzles*

Loslote 10-05-2014 05:22 PM

I wish I could play! As it is, what with classes and grad school applications, I've barely got time to sleep, let alone play. :( I'll do my best to follow along, though!

Inziladun 10-05-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 694695)
I wish I could play! As it is, what with classes and grad school applications, I've barely got time to sleep, let alone play. :( I'll do my best to follow along, though!

Pfft. I don't have time either, but that's never stopped me before. ;)

A Little Green 10-06-2014 02:20 AM

Count me in. :smokin:

Aganzir 10-07-2014 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 694675)

I hope your joy will not manifest that way once the game gets going! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 694696)
Pfft. I don't have time either, but that's never stopped me before. ;)

I am a little worried about playing now that I have a desk job! It was bad enough when I modded.

As to deadline, I'd prefer either 7:30 PM or if that doesn't work, 6:30 AM CST. If I play between 2-8 AM, please kick me out or ignore anything I say because I am really not supposed to be there!

Coppermirror 10-07-2014 02:45 AM

I can't play this time, but I'll definitely be reading it as it progresses. Looks like it'll be a fun game.

Kitanna 10-07-2014 10:57 AM

We have ten players right now, so just enough for a simple game. I'll leave the sign-up open until tomorrow night and then shoot for a Thursday start. DL will be at 6:30am CST. Sound good, friends?

satansaloser2005 10-07-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitanna (Post 694711)
We have ten players right now, so just enough for a simple game. I'll leave the sign-up open until tomorrow night and then shoot for a Thursday start. DL will be at 6:30am CST. Sound good, friends?

Hm. Give me a day or two to see if I can rope Phantom into playing. ;)

Also, is that AM a typo, or is that the actual deadline? Just making sure. :eek:

Kitanna 10-07-2014 04:12 PM

I can push it to 7:30am but looking at my evening schedule for the next few weeks those are the times I can 100% guarantee I'll be home for my moddess duties. I know it's painfully early for those around the CST timezone. :(

Inziladun 10-07-2014 07:54 PM

Whether 0630 or 0730, I'll still be voting at least 8 hours before, so it's all the same to me.

Macalaure 10-08-2014 01:57 PM

The voices (or, rather, one specific voice) have told me to join this game, so I shall obey. I can't do much worse than last time. :D

Kitanna 10-08-2014 07:25 PM

Okie dok roles are sent out. If you didn't get one you are an ordo. I'll be putting the game thread up when I awake.

Since there were only two votes for how to handle ties (1 against coin flips and 1 ok with coin flips) I did the logical thing to break the tie and flipped a coin. And thanks to the wisdom of the coin flip in the event of a tie the first to garner the most votes will be lynched.

Kitanna 10-09-2014 05:36 AM

The game thread is up and in 24 hours the bloodbath shall commence.

Kitanna 10-16-2014 02:01 PM

*disembodied hand pokes villagers with a stick*
Did everyone die and not tell me?

I am going to be unavailable at the time of DL for toDay, but thankfully Agan has been nice enough to lend her services and call "time". And maybe if you're lucky write the narration too. I'll be back a few hours after DL to narrate Day 4 if not. Should the game continue beyond toDay I'll only have access on my phone so narrations will be shorter than they already are.

Make me proud players, make me proud. :smokin: