The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   hidden technology! cheaters... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5296)

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-01-2003 02:40 PM

hidden technology! cheaters...

This is a really random thought... But my family thinks that the elves aren't really magical, just really advanced for their time, as in technology. Like maybe their swords run on batteries and glow blue when orcs are near because of a hidden radar in the hilt. And I think that the Seven Palantirs are really just video conference equiptment. (this might seem blasphemous to all you diehard LOTR fans out there...)
And Sauron knows where the ring is because of a hidden telemetry device!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:29 PM December 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lady Snickerdoodle ]

Lindril Arvilya 12-01-2003 05:46 PM

And Legolas can hit those orcs because he's got laser sightings built into his bow!

Lindril (I have got to get me one of these) Arvilya

Eowyn_Wildfire 12-01-2003 07:08 PM

HA I find this funny!!! he he I can imagine all the elves in rivendell with laptops!

Nilpaurion Felagund 12-02-2003 02:18 AM

And do you know how Eã appeared at Ilúvatar's command?

Holographic projectors.

Later days! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
-&gt;Elenrod

[ 3:18 AM December 02, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]

Everdawn 12-02-2003 02:49 AM

Quote:

And Legolas can hit those orcs because he's got laser sightings built into his bow!
Of course they have! and the have those video phones which allow the to see oneanother, which explains Galadriels "telepathic" powers.. lol.

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-02-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:

he he I can imagine all the elves in rivendell with laptops!
I think that they would be visiting barrowdowns, or downloading the LOTR and TTT. So THATS how they know what's happening!

And Gandalf was able to catch up to the balrog because of rocket thrusters. End of debate!

Pyroclastic 12-03-2003 07:47 PM

I can see the Nazgul Instant Messaging each other, using stolden technology.

Nazgul 1: Hey, guess what?
Nazgul 2: What?
Nasgul 1: That's What!

Now we know how Elrond and Galadrial allways knew what was happening, they were the leaders of the EBI! (Elven Bureau of Investigation) They had Sauron bugged! The EBI also contracted Sauruman to take down some enemys, but we know how that turned out. Hey, this is starting to sound like Real Earth!

Ah Ha! You realise why it took the fellowship so long to leave Rivendell? You couldn't get them off of the internet!

Arwen1858 12-04-2003 02:59 AM

Tom Bombadil wasn't affected by the Ring because he had nanoprobes injected into his bloodstream, which in turn made him immune to the effects of the Ring.
The elves(in the movie version) used transporters to get to Helm's Deep so quickly.
The elven cloaks have... well, um... 'cloaking devices' in them to shield them from the eyes of others.
Legolas wears anti-gravity boots, so he can make himself a lot lighter or float in the air, which helps him in doing his 'stunts' of walking on snow!
Ai! I watch too much Star Trek! That's where I got all of my ideas...

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-04-2003 02:38 PM

Quote:

The elven cloaks have... well, um... 'cloaking devices'
keehee!

Finwe 12-04-2003 06:21 PM

I could see the Elves putting cloaking devices in their cloaks, how else could Frodo and Sam hide from those Easterlings????

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-04-2003 07:15 PM

I know... Just that I am an english freak...
Obviously, the Eye is just electricity, the movies tell all.
Quote:

Ah Ha! You realise why it took the fellowship so long to leave Rivendell? You couldn't get them off of the internet!
ha that is soo me! My life is spent in 3 places- school, the dance studio and the internet.

and Gandalf never needed a physical map because he was secretly consulting his palm pilot while pretending to be wise.

Lindril Arvilya 12-04-2003 07:44 PM

Quote:

My life is spent in 3 places- school, the dance studio and the internet.
Oh, I hear you loud and clear on that one.

Lindril (love of my life, my pointe shoes) Arvilya

Nilpaurion Felagund 12-04-2003 07:57 PM

How about this? From the movie...

*Elrond watches Arwen leave for the Havens*
Voice: Elrond, you have Galadriel on line 1...
Galadriel: I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen...
*Galadriel finishes speech*
Elrond: Get me Haldir on line 2!

-&gt;Elenrod

Tar-Alcarin 12-04-2003 09:16 PM

We all know that the Dwarves didnt really use rock and stone in the Mines of Moria, they used Uber-powered drills
(like the ones the used in Revolutions) to get what they wanted.
Also the Balrog was always alwake, his mom wouldnt let him get Yahoo DSL so he got very pised. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nilpaurion Felagund 12-05-2003 02:11 AM

Quote:

We all know that the Dwarves didnt really use rock and stone in the Mines of Moria, they used Uber-powered drills
(like the ones the used in Revolutions) to get what they wanted.
...one more Revolutions technology: Remember the mechanical monsters at the Fall of Gondolin? Those were really sentinels!

-&gt;Elenrod

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-05-2003 10:54 AM

Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My life is spent in 3 places- school, the dance studio and the internet.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I hear you loud and clear on that one.

Lindril (love of my life, my pointe shoes) Arvilya
yay! (trying to make this relevant in fear of the mods closing the thread) do you think that the elves did ballet...?

okay- Oliphaunts came from cloning wooly mammoths and then moderating their genes to non-wooly, and wargs were also results of controlled breeding experiments.
And Legolas wears super-prescription contacts.

(yaay! its the first snow day of this school year where I live! i narrowly escaped from an algebra test!)

mark12_30 12-05-2003 06:52 PM

Dance studio? Yeah, they had 'em, for the kids.

Luthien enchanted Beren with her dancing. The elves impressed Bilbo with their dancing at Rivendell. Pointe shoes? ...maybe... then again, maybe just really good technique. Tolkien says they mastered dancing AND walking AND talking from an extremely early age (like while they ere toddling, they weren't toddling, they were dancing and singing easily...)

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-05-2003 07:48 PM

oh cool. I thought it was a dance-less world.

an excerpt from a Middle Earth chatroom-

Rivndelrules201: hey 'sup?
teriblasdadawn: nm el (not much eating lembas)
Rivndelrules201: fellowship gotten there yet?
teriblasdadawn: yeah but apparently G boy got bumped off by a balrog.
crispNtoasty: lucky wizard. I wanna die...
Rivndelrules201: how about estel?
teriblasdadawn: alive and mortal.
Rivndelrules201: too bad.
crispNtoasty: where are my matches...
teriblasdadawn: give it up denny. there's no hope.
crispNtoasty: i know! NOW you agree with me!
rivndelrules201: ooh boy.
DARK789: *muahahahaha*
teriblasdadawn: shut up and go away sauron u r so going down
DARK789: *pout* am not
teriblasdadawn: r 2
DARK789: uh uh!
teriblasdadawn: uh HUH!

can't you just see them going on and on?

Rose Cotton 12-05-2003 08:59 PM

Quote:

and Gandalf never needed a physical map because he was secretly consulting his palm pilot while pretending to be wise.
And the reason he had to stop in Moria was because the batteries wern't working and he had to wait for them to recharge. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lindril Arvilya 12-05-2003 10:50 PM

Quote:

Rivndelrules201: fellowship gotten there yet?
teriblasdadawn: yeah but apparently G boy got bumped off by a balrog.
Ma... hahahahaha!

Lindril (oh, that's the shiznik) Arvilya

Everdawn 12-06-2003 01:22 AM

The Ringwraiths knew where the ring was becuase it was actually fitted with a GPS positioning system.

Luthien_ Tinuviel 12-06-2003 03:53 PM

Quote:

The Ringwraiths knew where the ring was becuase it was actually fitted with a GPS positioning system.
Of course it was! And the Phial of Galadriel was actually a very powerful laser-emitter. "A light in dark places", it hurt Shelob's eyes, and it broke down the security system that the Tower of Cirith Ungol had. It makes sense!

Rindoien, elf of Lothlorien 12-06-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

quote:

And the reason he had to stop in Moria was because the batteries wern't working and he had to wait for them to recharge.
Hehehehehehehe! And Galadriel 'Lady of Light' *snortle* used light technology to give her the gloooow [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lady Snickerdoodle 12-06-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

And Galadriel 'Lady of Light' *snortle* used light technology to give her the gloooow
hehehe... i like the glooow...

I think that all elves wear super prescription contacts. And lembas are just Elvish powerbars.

Nilpaurion Felagund 12-07-2003 04:31 AM

Ents? No Ents! Just super hi-tech robot-thingies. The slow talk? Programming problems. The 'hoom'? The motor running.

Oh, c'mon. You really believed trees could move?

-&gt;Elenrod

the guy who be short 12-07-2003 06:59 AM

And the dwarves actually has digging equipment!

The nazgul actually had gliders, everybody knows giant bats don't exist.