The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mother's Day LOL!! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5247)

Samwise 05-12-2002 10:04 PM

Mother's Day LOL!!

*This is one of those things where you look back and say, "I can't believe that happened..."

My two grandmothers, brother, mom and dad were sitting at the table eating dinner. I wanted the mashed potatoes, so I said to my mother, "Please pass the taters."
My mother evidently didn't hear what I'd said: "What?"
I answered, louder and enunciating, "Po-ta-toes."
As she passed them to me, it struck me what I'd said. I wanted to burst out laughing, but no one would have understood even if I had explained, so I'm doing my laughing by sharing it with you folks! Thank you for your time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:

It was Sam's turn that day to take the first watch, but Aragorn joined him. The silence grew until even Sam felt it. The occasional movements of his feet became loud noises. Sam could hear his own joints creaking, if he stirred.

Thinhyandoiel 05-12-2002 10:19 PM

LOL! I think you'd only get a laugh out of that here. Heheh. The moment I read that I could see Sam telling Gollum what Potatoes were. Hehehe...HaHaHa...HAHAHAH!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ^.^

Samwise 05-12-2002 10:23 PM

Ah--you're right. Glad you enjoyed it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:

"There was a lot more," said Sam, "all about Mordor. I didn't learn that part, it gave me the shivers. "

Joy 05-12-2002 10:45 PM

That is too funny! I was just reading that section to my mom last night.

Raefindel 05-13-2002 09:20 AM

Yeah taht was a good one Samwise.

Afew weeks ago we had a door that was jammed. I waved my arms and said "Edro! Edro!" My husband actually laughed. I didn't think he'd get it.

Frodo Baggins 05-13-2002 02:44 PM

That's funny Sam! I'm starting to think that way too, and I'm happy about it. This past Wednesday, A friend of mine (whom I call Pippin) and I had to put something back into someone's car. I had the keys but could not unlock the door. We started playing and saying things like "Edro! Edro!" Well, she said "Mellon" and the door opened!!!

A few weeks ago, I stepped on a piece of cereal and immediately said "I think I've broken something". Remember in the movie when Merry sat on the carrot??
haha
Whenever I see something pertaining to "Hey Diddle Diddle, the Cat and the Fiddle" I think about the song I sung at Bree!! I laugh but no one understands
My dad was frying bacon the other day, and I thought of when Bilbo was taken from the fire by the eagle and he says "Now I know what a piece of bacon feels like when it is picked out of the pan by a fork and put back on the shelf." One of the dwarves says that eagles aren't like forks and Bilbo says "No, not a bit like storks...forks I mean." I started to laugh.

[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: Frodo Baggins ]

Samwise 05-28-2002 08:10 PM

LOL, sir! And I've seen the post, now! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"Mellon..." http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif
Quote:

"I said to myself: 'Dreaming again, Sam Gamgee'. I said; and I said no more just then. But I've been thinking, since, and now I'm not so sure. "
[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]

Frodo Baggins 05-29-2002 09:57 AM

Hilarious is it not?? Yeah! She said Mellonand the door unlocked, just like that. When I laughed about the bacon, my dad asked what I was laughing about, I was too embarassed to say.

The Fifth 05-29-2002 09:59 AM

I just don't get it, but it's funny anyway. If I do anything hilarious I'll post it here. Please pass me an oink.

Luineglin 05-29-2002 10:53 AM

well i dont get it either but i see that samwise has broken 1000 i remember when he was a little new guy like me those were the days.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-19-2002 01:06 PM

Whenever I cook bacon I cry out 'NICE CRISPY BACON!' and laugh maniacally.

I don't know why. Merry's hardly a maniac but I still do it.

Nilwen 08-19-2002 03:41 PM

Yeah,I love when things like that happen [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Rose Cotton 08-21-2002 01:30 PM

Lord of the Rings has poisoned our minds.
I can't see the name Sam without thinking about Samwise. And I was watching this show. And the mother called her child precious. I laughed out loud.

One other crazy thing I do is I check people's ears to see if they're pointy at all. Now if that's not crazy I don't know what is.

Ms. Took 08-22-2002 12:12 AM

Quote:

Whenever I cook bacon I cry out 'NICE CRISPY BACON!'
LOL, me too! My parents think I'm insane,

Kaze 08-22-2002 08:35 PM

Rose, I check for pointy ears, too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (I think it's funny watching how people react.)

And Samwise, that was funny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I laughed out loud... and got a weird look from my mom.

Edited because I can't spell.
[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Kaze ]

[ August 22, 2002: Message edited by: Kaze ]

Frodo Baggins 08-23-2002 11:34 AM

Nicce crispy bacon!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFL! Oh Eomer!

Um Rosie? I would rather have my mind poisoned by LOTR than be ignorant of LOTR. So there!

Lady_Galadriel 08-23-2002 05:34 PM

I'm always checking for pointy ears too. It's funny to watch people react! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I found that so for my brother has the pointyiest ears I've seen yet. But I still have many more people to meet, and ears to see!

Arwen1858 10-21-2002 01:29 PM

Quote:

One other crazy thing I do is I check people's ears to see if they're pointy at all. Now if that's not crazy I don't know what is.
I do that! I also have checked my own ears many times to see if they might be the least bit pointier than most peoples... as if looking at them enough times would change them! I would love pointy ears!

akhtene 10-23-2002 04:34 PM

My nephew has got one pointed ear. And he's blond and slender and quite elvish-looking (imo). Just one detail out of character - a black eye renewed almost every week. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

BethoHOG 03-29-2003 11:02 PM

Pointy ears?! My cousin has extremely pointy ears! He looks like a really chubby and short elf with them ears. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]

Tinuviel the Nightingale 03-29-2003 11:23 PM

Lol I examine everyone at my school's ears and I get slightly jealous when I see someone with pointy ears (particularly if they're tall and blonde).
Ah who am I kidding! I get really jealous!!!!

Niluial 03-30-2003 12:22 AM

Pointy ears? Bursts out crying. Why cant god give me those pointy ears??? Think about it those people walking out there with pointy ears don’t care about LOTR and they hate their pointy ears, and here we all are wishing we had pointy ears! Well I also check for pointy ears! And yes everyone thinks I am weird when I check but they already think I am really weird because of all the other weird things I do, lol does that make sense? Another thing I do that makes me think I am crazy is; My English teacher calls the class her Precious, and the moment she says it I think ‘Oh LOTR’! And sometimes in the mornings I say ‘amrun’ (which is ‘morning’ in elvish) to my dad and he looks at me, lifts his eyebrow and walks of! I always find myself saying elvish things the other day I said ‘Amin mela lle’ to my boyfriend meaning I love you and I didn’t even notice I was saying it in elvish, ok so that is a blonde thing. Oh back to the pointy ears subject! I do modelling (well sometimes) and I had to wear a black dress and have my hair tied up and then I looked at the camera, then the picture made my ears look pointy and I have blonde hair so that is one of my favourite pictures! I am willing to send it to anyone [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

GaladrieloftheOlden 03-31-2003 06:39 PM

Quote:

Me too! And one guy actualy had them! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Snowdog 07-18-2003 12:12 PM

Quote:

I had to wear a black dress and have my hair tied up and then I looked at the camera, then the picture made my ears look pointy and I have blonde hair so that is one of my favourite pictures!
You must be an elven princess?

As for 'pointy' ears, I think much of the artwork being done of elves really overdo this aspect. I can't say I look for pointy ears, but I do at times say 'Namarie' when ending a conversation or leaving or such.

Ophelia 07-18-2003 02:25 PM

Well as a matter of fact my ears are pointy too (as said by 2people who have seen LotR) but that does not change the fact that my sister does not see anything elvish in me (nor do I) she just calls me a boggy and that is all and I hate all of my pictures except for one .
But I think I do not quite remember all so good but me and my sister make jokes like these all the time . [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

peonydeepdelver 07-30-2003 07:16 AM

Quote:

Pointy ears?! My cousin has extremely pointy ears! He looks like a really chubby and short elf with them ears.
Wouldn't that make him an Elvish-Hobbit? (yeah, I know that's someone's username) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sirithheruwen 07-30-2003 07:17 AM

V. funny (all of you!) Soem of this stuff happens to me, but not very often. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

BethoHOG 07-30-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

Wouldn't that make him an Elvish-Hobbit? (yeah, I know that's someone's username)
Yes... an Asian-Elvish-Hobbit. Very interesting. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Imladris 07-30-2003 09:49 AM

My mom and I were listening to an Oldies song call "Stand by Me" or "Someone to Lean On" (can't remember which) and Dad wanted to know who wrote it. It was written by Sam Cooke and Mom and I looked at each other and burst out laughing hysterically. Dad, of course, didn't get the joke. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tinuviel of Denton 07-30-2003 06:05 PM

Maybe all of you should check out the 'You know you're obsessed with lotr part 2' in ME Mirth. These all sound like they belong there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]