The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What do you Think the Barrow-Downers look like? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4563)

Marileangorifurnimaluim 05-17-2002 01:11 AM

What do you Think the Barrow-Downers look like?

You know how we see a name, and read a few posts, and get a visual image of that character as someone from the LotR - not the actual person.
For example:

Mithadan - half elven, tall, thin, angular face. Tending to look remote. Smiles from a somewhat haughty distance, brushing dust off his cufflinks.

Lush - Bawdy vixen of Rohan, fair, yet down-to-earth, with a perpetual twinkle in her eye and ready smile.

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]

Cimmerian 05-17-2002 02:08 AM

Sounds Fun -

Rosa_Baggins - a cute little girl, with long curly hair, large eyes and big smile. Sports a giddy look and is a constant giggler.

Manelwen - A tall sobre young woman, shoulder length black hair, bespectacled and carrying a book at all times. Wears basic black.

The Viking Thunder - A tall young man with long flowing hair. Well built and into sports, a poor dresser and dancer.

Gimli, son of Gloin - A happy, little 12 year old with tousled hair and an inexhaustible supply of gum and reference manuals.

Amanduial the Archer - A wild eyed, tomboyish young woman, wearing mostly boy clothes and sporting a casual, skateboarder look.

Niere-Teleniel - An arrogant looking young lady, prim and proper. Seemingly ready to admonish rowdy young hobbits.

Daniel Telcontar - A tall gangly, confused young man, wearing thick spectacles ala Drew Carey, an allround fun guy.

Nevtalathiel - A very proper English young lady, mostly in ruffled Catholic School Uniform. Ready for a laugh at all times.

Celebmundoiel - A rather confused young lady, blond and beautiful. Her biggest worry is getting zits. Loves Britney Spears.

Laiedhaliel - Young and beautiful, hair blowing in the wind, stands with an air of nonchalance, would make a good seeker in Quidditch.

Lady Death - Someone called Hope and Death is bound to be a looker. W [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]W!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This was fun, got a few more cooking in the oven.

Nevtalathiel 05-17-2002 06:29 AM

I think you got me almost right!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cimmerian: Tall, muscular young man, dark hair, athletic, always cracking jokes

Am I anywhere near?

The Barrow-Wight 05-17-2002 08:14 AM

Barrow-Wight: Cute little kitty

Here's proof http://www.barrowdowns.com/chatwights.asp

Niere-Teleliniel 05-17-2002 03:10 PM

Haha! Woah Cimm! That's the first time I've ever been called prim and proper! Oh my, I guess my actual personality doesn't really show through all that much! (If it did, I'd scare everyone away!)

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Niere-Teleliniel ]

Laiedheliel 05-17-2002 04:09 PM

Hey Cim, A seeker in Quidditch!?! LMAO, where'd you come up with that one?

*showing her dorkyness* I always pictured myself as more of a beater...I like to hit things! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] lol [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]

Auriel Haevasawen 05-17-2002 05:06 PM

Starbreeze: tall with long, very blonde hair and always smiling and laughing.
Samwise: dressed in boyish clothes, smiley and practical.
Mithadan: I agree with the aloof sword sharpening image.
Raefindel: like a 17th century pub landlady. confident, takes no nonsense and supportive.
This is fun, my head is full of pictures, however inaccurate of you all.

Arwen Evenstar the Fair 05-17-2002 05:30 PM

Waen: Tall fair elven lady with dark hair and a bright smile. Likes walking in the forest and practicing with her bow and arrows.
Likes to be funny and is always ready for a laugh!!

onewhitetree 05-18-2002 12:29 AM

Sharku: Old guy. And I mean old. Really, really old. Also deceptively youthful.
Durelen: Even older, but somehow reminiscent of Reese from Malcolm in the Middle.
Mithadan: Superman.
Stephanos: The A&E Sherlock Holmes guy.
Wil: Hobbes (the tiger).
LegALOS: Godzilla
twinkle: Carmen Elektra with a Ph.D.
Lush: The purple teletubby.
Estelyn: Tinkerbell.
goldwine: Annette Bening a la American Beauty.
Miriel: Chrissy Hines.
BW: Garfield, only not so lazy.
Mhoram: Any random Jackson Five.
Thenamir: Mr. Smith (goes to Washington).
Gilthalion: The Wicked Witch of the West, only without the green skin, pointy hat, or shrewish voice.
Vanima Edhel: Poirot.
Mr. Underhill: Jack Ryan (let's save the world today...with an army of rodents!).
Gwindor: Fabio
shieldmaiden: The one and only Material Girl.
Telchar: A handsome young Richard Simmons.
burrahobbit: A handsome young Gene Simmons.
LadyArwen: A Dutch flamenco dancer with an adorable Aussie lilt.
Guo Si: Inspector Gadget.

Will add more later; out of potentially insulting public figures.

Orald 05-18-2002 12:58 AM

I take mine all back, I just can't do any better than Kate.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: Durelen ]

Cimmerian 05-18-2002 01:32 AM

Almost there Nevta, I have the uncanny ability to crack jokes keeping an impassive face.

Laie, I see you as part of the HP brigade, beats me why. Quidditch anyone?

LadyArwen 05-18-2002 02:17 AM

Lol Kate, I am forever teased about my English accent!

Amarinth 05-18-2002 08:11 AM

maril-- buffy the vs, but hair short and black.

mithadan-- ice giant, with eyes of a basilisk.

the barrow-wight-- oppenheimer in roman toga.

mhoram-- oscar the grouch.

mr. underhill-- matthew broderick aka inspector gadget.

kalessin-- the x-men beast.

lush-- lara croft meets mae west.

child of the 7th age-- sally field, but sunny.

kalimac-- gloria steinem.

starbreeze-- tinkerbell!

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: Amarinth ]

Rosa_Baggins 05-18-2002 08:50 AM

Im not giddy cim [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i think what Nevtalathiel thinks of you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rosa_Baggins 05-18-2002 08:52 AM

Don you think im a looker im very upset now [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Lush 05-18-2002 10:22 AM

Well, well, well, Maril certainly got me right.
I am not purple, Kate, though I can be just as controversial (or like to think I can).
Amarnith-I take your description as a compliment, and agree with it. Though I do lack the Lara-cleavage.

As for my own visions of you guys...

Maril-a fairy that bites.

Kate (onewhitree)-Princess Fiona from Shrek

Mithadan-Thingol, minus the mad lust for Silmarils.

Cimmerian-A dude from Gondor who's in the mood to fight.

The Barrow-Wight-Ulmo.

Cimmerian 05-19-2002 12:10 AM

That's almost right, Lush - fair and cold...brr.
I'd love to be Gondorian.

Let's try at some of the senior-most members.

The Barrow Wight - A tall stately man, wiser than he appears yet keeping out of the limelight.

Sharku - An imposing figure, grim and resolute, walks with confidence. Startles people with that sudden maniacal grin.

Mithadan - Edward Scissorhands collides with the Headless Horseman and parties on.

Mr.Underhill - Happy looking yet commmanding respect. The title of Mr. setting him apart.

Gilthalion - A bespectacled old man, carrying heavy compendiums and manuals about RPG and plumbing.

Er... put away those swords, I am a unarmed man. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sindacuion 05-19-2002 11:46 AM

Why worry about appearance?! We're all dead here in the Barrow-Downs! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] So, yopu can recognise one of us by these:
-extremely pale skin
-staring eyes, never blinks
-worms crawling from nostrils (Ugh..)
-very quiet.

Hehe.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

gollum*elf*pup 05-19-2002 11:53 AM

o boy. you peoples are funny! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
http://www.theunholytrinity.org/crac...tn/pheaven.gif

Laiedheliel 05-19-2002 12:12 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I always pictured the BW as a chick. It's not a feminisim (sp?) thing, I just do. Like, a chick with brown hair and glasses and a soft voice...Wow, where did that one come from?

Aosama, the Wandering Star 05-19-2002 01:23 PM

Hmm. Very interesting. I always pictured Maril as a short, brown-haired lady with a welcoming look on her face, and littlemanpoet as a tall, thin man dressed all in black, wearing a beret, sitting at a sidewalk cafe and sipping coffee, looking like the artist from the movie The Iron Giant. I always thought of the Barrow-Wight as a very big, frightening spectre with a soft side and King Carlton as being black-haired and reminiscent of Eomer in the Battle of Pelennor fields. That's all I can think of for now that hasn't been said.

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Aosama, the Wandering Star ]

Sindacuion 05-20-2002 07:40 AM

Aargh! Such gross mispelling! I can't even type anymore! I mean you, not yupo. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Marileangorifurnimaluim 05-20-2002 04:10 PM

Ha, Aosama, your description of littlemanpoet is priceless, beret and all! And I do have brown hair.

Lush, I hadn't read Kate/onewhitetree's description of you yet, so I read "purple... who? what?.. Barney????" When I moved on to the word "controversial" I squinted at the screen, confused.

I don't think we have an Barney personas here. Which is probably just as well.

Elenna 05-20-2002 05:22 PM

Hmmm. I see Cimmerian as a rather popular guy who has to hide his Tolkein hobby from the rest of the group.

Arwen Baggins is a teenage girl who likes either Elijah or Orlando. Given.

Manelwen isn't prim or proper - I see her more artsy and broody.

What about me? How do you all think I look?

Gayahithwen 05-21-2002 09:35 AM

LoL.. I have very strong opinions about how everybody looks, based on the fact I have gotten out from them while chatting. For example, Sindacuion is a 13 year old boy from Finland.. a fact impossible to forget since we are online on the same times mostly.. and people tend to ask a/s/l a LOT.. ^_^ Well, here is my opinion about some people:

Miriel: Nice girl with lightbrown hair. Friendly, but do tend to set chatting in front of doing her assignments

Elentarien (aka WonderDun aka marupgarg): Cool 16 year old girl from Argentina. Wants to be an actress and is almost as insane as me.

Thalionyulma: Based on her RPG-character Rudchamion, I for a long time thought Thalion was a boy. Don't have any clue what she looks like, just the fact that she's nice..

LoL, I could go on. I am not that good to tell what impressions I get, otherwise then how the people act. In my head, though, I DO have pictures of most of you..

Cimmerian 05-22-2002 05:00 AM

Hey Elenna,
sorry to have missed you out on the first go - well

Elenna - A young woman between 16 and 18, well built and headstrong, doesn't tolerate backmarkers and impersonators.

Aosama - A squaky clean pretty little girl in her early teens, appears to have stepped out of Japanese Anime - Miaka from the Seven Star Warriors Anime.

Birdland - A young woman, matured in wisdom, enjoys the offbeat and bizarre. The only one to turn up at a costume party in formals and vice versa.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Celebmundoiel 05-22-2002 06:11 AM

Cimmerian got close to me but I'm not afraid of getting zits because my face is always clean and I hate britney spears. I'm not going to say what I think of her because I'll probly get in trouble with some of the words I would use. But I am blonde and always confused. Sorta dumb blonde but hey I dont care.

Oh ya and Orlando Bloom rocks. I would think ArwenBaggins likes proboly likes Billy Boyd, Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan, or Sean Astin.

[ May 22, 2002: Message edited by: Celebmundoiel ]

Lothiriel Silmarien 05-22-2002 06:07 PM

Celebmondoiel has said the words that made me very happy (and I quote):
and I hate britney spears. I'm not going to say what I think of her because I'll probly get in trouble with some of the words I would use.
I couldn't have said it better myself....

Anybody got an opinion about me???? Ok, besides that some of you think I'm mean and stupid but I mean about what I look like.

Aosama, the Wandering Star 05-22-2002 06:13 PM

Yay! I'm Anime! (hey that rhymed) But I've always wanted to look that way... now in at least one person's mind I actually do...
And Lothiriel, your name reminds me of a golden bird. don't ask me why.

Araen 05-22-2002 06:49 PM

Starbreeze: I missread her rank as Ghost with a Smile, I now know what is says however but I still have an image of a Ghost, perhaps a Barrow-wight, with a grin. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Raefindel 05-25-2002 09:08 PM

Quote:

Raefindel: like a 17th century pub landlady. confident, takes no nonsense and supportive.
LOL, Auriel! I'll have to share that with my husband! He'd get a kick out of it!

My ideas of you guys

Auriel Haevasawen- dark blond short curly hair, lacking confidence despite her many talents.

Mithadan-Hugh Jackman

Kalimac- Young, small, energetic,drives a red sports car

Durelen-Green face, perpetual frown

Birdland-45, short, but taller than me, salt & pepper hair, A real farm-lady who makes pies and sells them at a road-side stand.

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Raefindel ]

Tigerlily Gamgee 05-25-2002 11:04 PM

I just always kinda picture people as the pictures they post. But, then there are an aweful lot of girls who look like Legolas on this board [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I've never really tried to put faces with names, but I have enjoyed reading the ones all of you have come up with!

Eärendil 05-26-2002 03:16 PM

I find it very hard to try to put my imaginations of you in words, so I won´t try that..
Anyway, I wanted to know, anyone here that actually thinks anything about me? Maybe not... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Aosama, the Wandering Star 05-26-2002 03:36 PM

Earendil: A tall, proud, distant Elf lord dressed in a midnight blue cloak.
Kalessin: A beautiful warrior princess armed with a feather quill pen.
A while later: Just noticed I've become a Shade of Carn Dum! I've been waiting to get this for a while, then when I do, I don't even notice... argh. YAY!

[ May 26, 2002: Message edited by: Aosama, the Wandering Star ]

Tigerlily Gamgee 05-26-2002 04:54 PM

Earendil brings to mind light, for obvious reasons. So, I picture a fair elf with long, golden hair. Or the same from the race of men, only without the pointy ears. And of course, a radiant white light shining from within.

Lindolirian 05-26-2002 05:03 PM

BW: crazy loookin genius
Sharku: old wise pipesmoking hobbit dude.
burrahobbit: like a hobbit caught purse snatching...
Mithadan: wise guy
Gimli son of Gloin: wacky lil' guy, but smart tolkienist
Bruce MacCulloch: hmmm just too dang smart..
Mat Heathertoes: brown haired athletic guy who knows EVERTHING bout tolkien
Dior: just a coo dude
Lindolirian: CRAZY NUT CASE!!!

piosenniel 05-26-2002 07:55 PM

Oh, good! I am still anonymous & have escaped the confines of a description.

Arladwen Brandybuck 05-26-2002 08:43 PM

Mystery is a goodthing

Nevfeniel 05-26-2002 09:57 PM

Like Eärendil, I can't really describe how I view my fellow BDs, b/c when I think about it, I get a vision of what they're like, but not a physical picture in my mind.

GreatWarg 05-27-2002 01:00 PM

Okay, if everyone thinks of Mith like that, then you've definitely NEVER conked your head on his golden throne. I always thought of him as not so old-looking, quite young, aloof, and likes to sit on unconfortable, golden thrones.

Kate- exceptionally nice

Thenamir- on account of his claim of being old, I imagine quite rowdy, prolly some Star Wars stuff stored around his house, stern at times, and can get easily annoyed of ruffled

Zifnab- always has to have his can of SPAM to throw at ppl Like I always say: Whatever SPAMS your ziffy!

Sharku- OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD WISE man, almost like Saruman, just not THAT old!