The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Isle of Werewolves) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11911)

Brinniel 06-08-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir
Did everybody miss Brinn's post?

Thanks for bringing that up. I was worried my post would get buried...

If you guys want me to jump ahead on the modding list, I'm perfectly willing to do so. I already have an idea in mind and my game would be a normal one: three wolves, three gifteds, and one cobbler. :)

A couple of things: I have no idea when Noggie's game will end, so I don't know when mine would begin. Right now I have lots of time on my hands, but that could change as I am currently hunting for a summer job (and having lots of trouble finding one, mind you). If I do have a job while the game is running, I'd probably need a co-mod as I probably wouldn't be able to make every deadline. Also, while I will be home the last weekend of June, I will be very busy...so depending on when I start the game, I can either avoid running it during that weekend or simply have a co-mod temporarily help me out. Anyways, I don't really need to worry about that until the current game is over, but I thought I'd just mention it now.

With that said, I shouldn't have any other problems...and anyways I would rather mod sooner than later...once August hits, my freetime will most likely be cut short(er).

Gwathagor 06-08-2008 05:48 PM

What's a cobbler? None of the games I've played have had one.

satansaloser2005 06-08-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwathagor (Post 558622)

If I'm not mistaken, it's Rikae's role in the current game.... ;)

It's basically an ordo who's on the side of the wolves.

Aganzir 06-08-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwathagor (Post 558622)

Sally pretty much explained it already, but if you don't have anything better to do, you might want to take a look at the phantom's game. ;)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-09-2008 05:36 AM

That is now three whole years since I modded a game and I'm very interested in doing another one. Just add my name to the list. :)

And, to distinguish it somewhat, my game shall be in honour of the very first game -- that is: 3 wolves, one seer, and villagers. Simple.

Diamond18 06-09-2008 11:43 AM

Eventually I think I'd like to do a sequel to my All Star Crossed With Nowhere To Go game. It's been a loooong time since I modded (I was still living at home with my parents, as I recall :eek: ) and I really enjoyed that game. I'd like to try for even more players, this time around, since that game has a potentially enormous nightly death toll. I had 18 players last game and it ended up being rather short. So waiting for a while after Nog's big game is ideal.

Anyway I'm expressing interest -- but only if I can get a large number of players down the line. Summer seems ideal for this as school is out.

satansaloser2005 06-09-2008 03:21 PM

For the record, I'd very much be interested in Di's game. But I think I'm abstaining from WW for the rest of the summer after Nog's game. It's too much of a hassle to drag my computer around during work. I'm up for anything (and I mean anything....) in the fall though!

Rikae 06-09-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my daughter
Eventually I think I'd like to do a sequel to my All Star Crossed With Nowhere To Go game.

Ah! Excellent. I have fond memories of that game (even though I was eaten by Mac and Lhuna in the end, if I recall correctly...)

Diamond18 06-09-2008 04:19 PM

Mac chopped off your head and made a stew out of you for Lhuna to eat.

:D

I enjoyed modding that game a lot, but I'm convinced it needs a Dueling Wizards sized village to reach its full potential.

Mithalwen 06-18-2008 12:50 PM

Is there space on the list?

I would like to mod again sometime (but not before the end of July) and do the long intended Opera themed one - but otherwise not too complicated... I did approach a few bods aeons ago but if anyone is interested theoretically in auditioning do pm me with your vocal range and type and I can start to work on your aria.... this will place you under no contractual obligation to play. Non singing roles may be available.

Shastanis Althreduin 06-18-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 560176)
I would like to mod again sometime (but not before the end of July) and do the long intended Opera themed one - but otherwise not too complicated... I did approach a few bods aeons ago but if anyone is interested theoretically in auditioning do pm me with your vocal range and type and I can start to work on your aria.... this will place you under no contractual obligation to play. Non singing roles may be available.

I like singing! :cool:

Nilpaurion Felagund 06-18-2008 09:27 PM

Who's modding next?

I've decided to ignore Kant and the Weimar Republic's threat to have me kicked out of the University and return fully to the world of chewing villagers, erm, WW.

Brinniel 06-18-2008 11:07 PM

That'd be me! :)

At this very moment I'm writing my ideas into Word. The admin thread will be up either later tonight or tomorrow.

Thinlómien 06-19-2008 05:38 AM

Could everybody refrain from doing interesting games before mid-August? :Merisu: Besides, sally too would approve, right?
;)

Mithalwen 06-19-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 560245)
Could everybody refrain from doing interesting games before mid-August? :Merisu: Besides, sally too would approve, right?
;)

I never said my game would be interesting... on past form it will be a whitewash one way or the other.. but I intend to amuse myself... ;)

Legate of Amon Lanc 06-19-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

;)

Hmm, I would second that... actually, I already pity the fact that I won't be able to join Brinn's game, which really looks interesting!!! So I don't know about further games, but this one is definitely one I already pity missing (as it's very unlikely that I could join it). :(

Lhunardawen 06-20-2008 09:02 AM

I wonder if I could reserve a spot for modding around April to May 2009 as early as now... :cool:

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-20-2008 11:20 AM

I reserve first spot for Lhuna's game. :p

Lhunardawen 06-20-2008 11:56 AM

Sorry, big bro, but you've been beaten to the first spot. :p

(Well, if their willingness to play still holds...after more than a year. :D)

Oh, and I just saw Di's post. A sequel, eh? Mwuhahahaha.

Rune Son of Bjarne 06-20-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen (Post 560366)
I wonder if I could reserve a spot for modding around April to May 2009 as early as now... :cool:

arrh come on!

Lhuna, you know I will be studying for my exams then.

Lhunardawen 06-20-2008 11:14 PM

I'm sorry, my dear, but that's the only respite I get between and after graduating...

Naria 06-23-2008 12:55 AM

The list

Rikae and Mac
Durelin
Volo
Eomer
Diamond

...is now closed.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-23-2008 03:32 PM

Just read Menel's last game (which I missed when it was played) and I see that his 'Back to Basics' really was just that! And I thought I was being all clever and retro. :D

Oh well, I'll announce publicly that it shall have a Warg theme.

That's right:

The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread does Werewolf! Soon...

Nilpaurion Felagund 06-23-2008 09:25 PM

Wow.

And here was I, thinking of the same thing. :D

(Heh heh heh.)

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-24-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund (Post 560767)
The Grawlar are discarnate, and there is no documented case of one ever taking physical form. However, with their potency of spirit (one of them could take on all the Valar with their hands tied behind their back while blindfolded), they might be able to.

They are also so powerful that they have many discarnate hands and a discarnate head. Dear Eru, what chance have we?

Lots of material to make a great story out of. Thanks Nilp. :smokin:

Diamond18 06-25-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim (Post 560754)
The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread does Werewolf! Soon...

*falls down*

Is it too early to join?

Eomer of the Rohirrim 06-25-2008 11:57 PM

Diamond, I'm extending invites first to those who contributed on the thread. This, of course, includes you. :)

But alas, it won't be for a while yet. *fidgets*

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-06-2008 06:46 PM

Mac and Rikae:

If you guys don't have any specific plans in mind which bar me from doing so, may I please join your game?

Macalaure 07-07-2008 03:28 PM

We just started planning our game, and so far we have no "No Fea." rule, and I think we're unlikely to add one. ;)

Honored to have you on board!

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-07-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macalaure (Post 561947)
so far we have no "No Fea." rule, and I think we're unlikely to add one.

One of these days I'll come out of hiding just to play (much like now) and the mod will hastily approach me, fidgeting a little with discomfort, and mutter hurriedly, "I'm so very sorry, but it seems that by popular vote you're simply not going to be allowed to manipulate others, act erratically, and otherwise make a nuisance of yourself by way of being energetically insane... In short, maybe you should come back at a later date. Good day, Miss of the Peredhil."

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-07-2008 06:35 PM

Good grief...

The planning has just begun and I already have to pull out. I'm way not on top of this... Unless the game doesn't start until the 27th.

Smacks self in the head.

Macalaure 07-08-2008 02:51 AM

Don't smack yourself too hard. With the current game still going on for a while, it might still be close to two weeks til our admin thread is even out. Consider yourself put down with a question mark on our (yet imaginary) player list.

Feanor of the Peredhil 07-08-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macalaure (Post 561988)
Consider yourself put down with a question mark on our (yet imaginary) player list.

Perfect. When I was weighing time-consuming factors, I remembered that my second summer job starts this weekend, but forgot that I leave town the weekend after that. :rolleyes: I forgot that vacations exist.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-23-2008 03:16 PM

So, fit's happenin'?

Shastanis Althreduin 07-23-2008 04:08 PM

*waits patiently for more werewolf*

*plots against Eomer, Nogrod, Boromir, and Formendacil in the meantime*

Formendacil 07-23-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin (Post 563471)
*waits patiently for more werewolf*

*plots against Eomer, Nogrod, Boromir, and Formendacil in the meantime*

Oh come on! I haven't even signed up for the next game yet.:p

Although... depending on the start date, I'd like to. I should have time to play again before the school year. It's just a question of that long weekend upcoming.

Macalaure 07-23-2008 05:52 PM

Admin thread should be up tomorrow. :)

Mithalwen 07-24-2008 06:32 AM

Could you pencil me in for the vacant space on the moderator list?

Lalaith 07-24-2008 01:07 PM

If there is a game starting August 16th or just after, count me in!

satansaloser2005 07-24-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

;)

Heh I just saw this. Yes, Sally approves. (July and August'll be really busy)

But DANG I want to be in this game....*considers*....nah, I need a few weeks off.

When the semester starts though....oh, you wolves better hide in your holes! :smokin: