The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   It's your day! Happy Birthday! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12982)

Mithalwen 06-29-2007 12:20 PM

Sorry I didn't mean to miss you out :( My brain is mush.....

Brinniel 06-30-2007 12:48 AM

Don't worry about it, Mith. I'm not offended. :)

Lalaith 06-30-2007 06:11 AM

Been horribly busy and missed all these birthdays (it's happening in real life too, particularly as I've lost my birthday book :confused:)

Many warm wishes and happy returns to all recent birthday boys and girls of the downs...particularly dear Mith, who had such a rainy birthday, and Saucie hosting his Long Expected (hope your marquee stayed solid)

Rune Son of Bjarne 07-03-2007 09:55 AM

And lets not forget that today is Encai's Birthday !

I hope it will be a great day with lots of. . . uhm. . . . Thai Food!

Rune Son of Bjarne 07-05-2007 01:38 PM

I am suprised to see that no-one (and by that I mean Fea) has wished The Phantom a happy birthday yet.

Hookbill the Goomba 07-05-2007 01:51 PM

Alien sent The Phantom a special cake. I don't think Mr Phantom could fully appreciate how difficult it is to bake a cake with live wasps in, though. ;)

Gil-Galad 07-05-2007 03:33 PM

must say happy b-day to the phantom... my fellow egotistical accomplice...

Hookbill the Goomba 07-06-2007 02:35 AM

A toast! To The Barrow Wight Himself. Long live the King! Unless he becomes a tyrant, in which case, not so long live the King.

Kath 07-06-2007 07:51 AM

Happy birthday to The Barrow-Wight! May your days be long and your ghostly powers never fade. :)

Folwren 07-06-2007 08:28 AM

Happy birthday, Sir Barrow-Wight! I hope you have a merry one. :)

And best wishes to Tevildo, too!

-- Folwren

Nogrod 07-06-2007 09:28 AM

All the best wishes to the Barrow-Wight and Tevildo!

Enjoy your day in a good company!

Lalaith 07-06-2007 01:34 PM

Many happy returns, dear leader. *bows*

Glirdan 07-06-2007 01:45 PM

Happy Birthday dear leader and may you have many more!! And a very happy birthday to Tevildo as well!

Gilthalion 07-06-2007 01:51 PM

Happy Birthday Barrow Wight!

Forty-two years! (I'll be 44 on 7/19) Just happened to ghost through today...

Enjoy your decreptitude! :D:p

Lalwendë 07-06-2007 02:09 PM

Shouldn't Mathoms be handed out on Birthdayses?

*runs away for fear of having been excessively cheeky and knowing full well she forgets everyone's birthday except those of the cats*

:D

Happy Birthday Mr Wight, and Phantom, and Sauce, and Enca, and Brin, and all of you, and Ms Mithalwen (*cough* DfEE???? *cough*) of course. You may all have a beer on me...

*crawls back into cowbag shaped hole*

The Barrow-Wight 07-07-2007 09:07 AM

Many thanks for the birthday wishes I received here and by private message. I am very pleased to have survived another year and hope to weather another 42 at the very least.

Thank you!

P.S. Tevildo, nice to see another member of the 6th of July club! We also share our birthday with Geoffrey Rush, George W. Bush, Rocky Balboa (aka Sylvester Stallone), Ned (Squeal like a pig!) Beatty, 50 Cent (the rapper, not the coin), and John Paul Jones (the revolutionary, not the bassist).

Thinlómien 07-10-2007 06:23 AM

Belated congrats to Encai, the phantom, Tevildo and of course, to the BW himself. Hope you all enjoyed your very special days!

Rikae 07-14-2007 11:23 AM

Happy birthday Durelin!

Glirdan 07-14-2007 06:36 PM

Happy B-day dear Durelin!! Hope it is a good one!!

Thinlómien 07-15-2007 08:50 AM

Belated congrats to Dury and non-belated congrats to Glirdy! Hyvää syntymäpäivää! :D

Volo 07-15-2007 10:34 AM

Urgh, sorry for forgetting to actually congratulate you, Durelin, forgive me please... :o

And not to make the same mistake, which would be stupid, I'd like to congratulate Glirdy right now!

Thanks to both of you for great times! :)

Rikae 07-15-2007 11:00 AM

Lots of July birthdays around here! :eek:

Happy birthday, Glirdan!!! :D

Durelin 07-16-2007 06:37 PM

Thanks so very much, everyone!! (And belated happy Bastille Day! :p)

Good times, indeed. Cheers!

And Happy Birthday, Glirdan...I had forgotten our days were so close. :D

w00t for July birthdays!

Nogrod 07-16-2007 07:09 PM

Oh my Dury!

So sorry to have missed this... :o
But all the best to you now afterwards and may you celebrate ten times the years you now got packed!

And Glirdy as well! Happy birthday pal, even if we haven't met in a long time here!

Gil-Galad 07-19-2007 10:21 AM

Happy birthday to Perky Ent! we need more activity from you pal!

Thinlómien 07-19-2007 10:23 AM

Everything he said ^ ...

Volo 07-22-2007 02:12 PM

Myself sitting most day in an airplane, I can't call it a special day, but I truly hope that Legate of Amon Lanc can! Happy birthday, your presence has brought much joy to me, and, I'll dare say, all the other Downers!

Legate of Amon Lanc 07-22-2007 03:20 PM

Thank you, Volo! *blushes* I promise I will try to remain true to the Downs even though as a person now one year older, I should show one year more of wisdom by caring of more important things!:D

Nogrod 07-22-2007 04:12 PM

Yes, happy birthday Legate!

I hope you enjoy your date of remembrance... the years they do go by... and the person gaining more of them changes and becomes little by little something he wasn't but still was?

Keep up the good spirit amidst all the changes! You're just so fine right now... don't lose it! :)

Legate of Amon Lanc 07-22-2007 04:52 PM

Thanks even to you, Noggins! As I said, I will try! :)

But lo! The day has passed (at least for us Middle-Europeans) and what do I see? The Might having a birthday right the next day after me? What is that? Happy birthday then, comrade (if you happen to show up here), and enjoy it! 18? Well, that's some number, indeed a great day! Všechno nejlepší, hodně štěstí a správný rozjezd do dospěláckého života!

I think this should deserve a riddle, but I can't come up with anything good right now... hmm... maybe:

It's 39 years old now and in ages past it claimed the rulership of the Quiz Room.

:D

Nogrod 07-22-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 528735)
It's 39 years old now and in ages past it claimed the rulership of the Quiz Room.

I might add one to come later this year...

Mä täytän 40 vuotta vuoden lopussa ja siitä se elämä vasta alkaakin!

Just take on with that!

Sorry Legate, I beat you with one year... :D
(and one nearer the grave... even more with my habits...)

Legate of Amon Lanc 07-22-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 528738)
Sorry Legate, I beat you with one year... :D
(and one nearer the grave... even more with my habits...)

Oh, you know what... "don't believe anyone over 40..."
Wait... it was 30... oops, that's too bad.

btw, I love online translators:
Mä fulfilment 40 skin season off and siitä it existence but began!
Well, I think I can get something out of it, but I don't want to imagine what is "40 skin season":D

Volo 07-23-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 528742)
btw, I love online translators:
Mä fulfilment 40 skin season off and siitä it existence but began!
Well, I think I can get something out of it, but I don't want to imagine what is "40 skin season":D

:D Haha, well, not exactly the best translation... but the meaning is probably still understandable.

Happy birthday to The mighty Might!

Macalaure 07-23-2007 12:05 PM

A 'Happy Birthday' to The Might and a belated 'Happy Birthday' to Legate!

The Might 07-25-2007 11:30 AM

Thank you for all your kind wishes...:D
Anyway, I found it just as interesting when I was looking in this thread (yes, I admit I was only looking to see if anyone greeted me) and I saw that Legate is 3 years and 1 day older then me...

But my friend is seems that fate was somewhat unkind to you, since a Cancer isn't as cool as a Leo :D

Legate of Amon Lanc 07-25-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Might (Post 528878)
But my friend is seems that fate was somewhat unkind to you, since a Cancer isn't as cool as a Leo :D

How comes I think the opposite :D

But anyways, as we saw in The Downer some time ago, the horoscopes are rarely telling you anything unless you choose to behave according to them, so I don't mind it much...

Mithalwen 07-26-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Might (Post 528878)
But my friend is seems that fate was somewhat unkind to you, since a Cancer isn't as cool as a Leo

I think you will find they are a lot cooler given that Cancer is a water sign and Leo fire ..however I have Leo in the ascendant (explains a lot) and I am delighted that I got on the right side of the Gemini cusp

As for the life begins at forty ... well I think it should be possible to remain at "late thirties" more or less indefinitely as long as I keep drinking the blood of young men..... ;) though of course I haven't actually reached late thirties yet ..this is forward planning..... :cool:

Happy birthday to Lush .... we don't see her so often but it is always a delight...

Thinlómien 08-02-2007 06:31 AM

Belated congrats to Legate and Might! Paljon onnea!

Rune Son of Bjarne 08-18-2007 12:41 AM

Happy Birthday Fea . . . .I hope it will be great even though you are not spending it with me.

Mithalwen 08-18-2007 08:55 AM

And many happy returns to RUne...