The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "What BarrowDowner do you most resemble?"Quiz... ! ;-) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4566)

Manardariel 03-10-2003 05:59 AM

"What BarrowDowner do you most resemble?"Quiz... ! ;-)

Ok, guys, I was bored yesterday, and came up wuth this. Donīt take it serious, and if you are one of the people I characterized- THIS IS NO OFFENCE! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yes, well, enough explanation.
The rules: Be honest. Donīt scroll down. Donīt take it serious. Answer every question and add up the points next to them. Have fun!

1) When people PM you, itīs usually about...
a)RPGs =>0 points
b)General/ Newbie questions =>5 points
c) Reminders about QQ games you havenīt posted a new question in =>15 points
d) Suggestions/ Questions/ Complains etc =>10 points

2) Do you ever check the Newbie forum?
a) Yes, of coures =>5 points
b)Hardly =>0 points
c)sometimes =>15 points
d) only for FAQs and stuff

3) What about the QuizRoom?
a) Hell yeah! =>15 points
b) Yes, to see if things are going the right way =>10 points
c) not really =>0 points
d)hardly =>5 points

4) You are.....
a) The king. The creator. =>10 points
b) something close to the extend of the NewbieSitter, but youīre thoughts go deeper =>5 points
c) addicted to RPGs =>0 points
d) the Know-It-All we donīt want to lose =>15 points

5) Chickens Rock!
a) This topic is closed => 5 points
b) Said by Pippin in FotR => 15 points
c) Please delete your signature =>0 points
d) Non Tolkien-Related. Deleted. =>10 points

Okay, Now. Count your posts and see who you are.....

0-20 points: Youīre Piosenniel! Good for you! You love RPGing, and are hardly seen in different forums. Always ready to help those in the Shire, and the great owner of the beloved GreenDragon. Go you!

25-45: Congrats, youīre Estelyn Telcontar! Strict, kind and and always ready to advise, youīre the power behind movies, books and Newbies! We bow to you! (and love your Avatar [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

50-70: Wow! You are The Barrow-Wight! Founder, owner and creator of this amazing site. Need I say more?

75-95: Hey, youīre Beren87! Great! No, donīt tell me who said that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . You know all the books by heart, you can probably solve every QuizRoom and QQ question, and you frustrate others less gifted. Still no- one can be mad at you!

alaklondewen 03-10-2003 07:40 AM

How fun! Great idea.

I, of course, am Beren87, and that makes perfect sense as I live in the Quiz/QQ Rooms.

the phantom 03-10-2003 08:54 AM

Manardariel, my dear, there are only 75 total points in your quiz (so you might want to reconsider your ranges). Funny idea though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Diamond18 03-10-2003 10:51 AM

Interesting. I resemble Estelyn. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Manardariel 03-10-2003 11:13 AM

The phantom: oooooops. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] *blush*. Whatever, why do I need to know math, as long as I can major in Quenya and Tolkienology! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I get Estelyn too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 03-10-2003 11:57 AM

I got Piosenniel, can you tell where I spend most of my time?

Arwen Imladris 03-10-2003 01:03 PM

I'm Estelyn Telcontar! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Annunfuiniel 03-10-2003 01:28 PM

Well then, I'm the first Barrow-Wight!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
In my dreams, maybe... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Lyra Greenleaf 03-10-2003 01:45 PM

i'm estelyn too!
wouldnt it be funny if the people mentioned got other names?

Child of the 7th Age 03-10-2003 02:05 PM

Manardaril,

Whoops! This is Child. I'm not Pio, but I am her sidekick, and I did get a different name!

This is really strange. I'm the other mod in the Shire. Only I'm usually roaming around the games or helping Pio behind the scenes rather than posting in the Inn itself.

To make a long story short, I took the test and qualified as Estelyn! I must be in the wrong job!

Runs over to Books and drops off her job application.......

Cami Goodchild aka Child

Lush 03-10-2003 02:29 PM

Duuude, I don't resemble anyone. I answered N/A to all the questions. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Go figure. Perhaps we need a more extensive quiz? And look, I have time on my hands this week... Hmm...

ArwenBaggins 03-10-2003 04:12 PM

I got Estelyn.
Yeah, I think the quiz needs to be just a little more indepth, but who am I to judge?

RPs= 0 points!?!?!?!?!?
I live in the RP section!

Orual 03-10-2003 05:43 PM

Surprise surprise! I'm Pio! Manardariel, I loved the bit about PM's...checking on it, I realize that I've gotten a total of one PM in recent memory that didn't have to do with RPG's. That's too funny!

~*~Orual~*~

Legolas 03-10-2003 11:59 PM

Negative or in excess of 1,000: Wow! You're Legolas! We're in awe.

Manardariel 03-11-2003 04:51 AM

Child: donīt you DARE leave the Shire. Puleeze! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I assure you, you have the very right job!

Lush: I tried to make it bigger, but I was seriously running out of ideas... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But, feel free to do a new one! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Did anyone else notice Estely seems to be the BD proto? I mean the most people got her, hands down. Interesting...

Rimbaud 03-11-2003 09:09 AM

Be thankful. Imagine if Squatter was the archetypal Downer.

Neferchoirwen 03-11-2003 09:32 AM

Hey I got an Estely too! Kinda figured that I would anyway [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Amanaduial the archer 03-11-2003 02:10 PM

Depending on what I answer for one of the questions, I get Pio or Estelyn. Hmmm. C'est bizarre.

Maybe there shouldnt be such a big difference on question 2 c and d- hardly and sometimes are pretty similar.

Still, a very cool quiz. Oooh, we could do one so it includes all the mods and admins....Bethberry, Susan, Mithadan...

Ithaeliel 03-11-2003 05:06 PM

Wow, what a surprise (not)! I'm totally Pio! I spend about 80% of my time in Rohan and the other 20% in here or other forums.

Know what I think? There should be a quiz for different CATEGORIES of Barrow-downers: The Questioner, The Smarty-Pants, the RP addict (me), the Funny Man, and anything else you can think of.

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]

*Varda* 03-11-2003 05:16 PM

Hm...25 points...I'm an Estelyn. Although for a few of the questions I just shut my eyes and pointed at the screen (This can sometimes in work in exams as well [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
They didn't all really apply to me

GaladrieloftheOlden 03-11-2003 05:21 PM

I got Estelyn Telcontar. I don't think the quiz was very acurate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] but it was very fun to do. I like quizes.... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Hirilaelin 03-11-2003 05:34 PM

I got Estelyn! Now I got Piosenniel... I guess I'm somewhere in between, huh? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Hirilaelin ]

Legolas 03-11-2003 07:33 PM

Eh...since when is Susan a mod. or admin.?

Ithaeliel 03-11-2003 09:08 PM

Well, she (Susan) reviews the gaming proposals for Rohan along with Gandalf_theGrey, so you could call her a moderator in a sense.

[ March 11, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]

Beren87 03-12-2003 10:25 AM

*blushes* Lovely quiz....

I acutally got The Barrow-Wight! But that's because of my PMs, I get more of people asking me questions than of reminders.

Beren87 04-06-2003 05:51 PM

Quote:

Still, a very cool quiz. Oooh, we could do one so it includes all the mods and admins....Bethberry, Susan, Mithadan...
We need to make a bigger quiz, anyone want to?

kymmi666 04-06-2003 06:54 PM

i resemble charles. he sleeps in the same bed as me. he is my friend. he spends most of his time lurking around and pretending to be invisible. eh?? what's that you say? he is invisible? God damn it, that must be the reason people keep sitting on him. Poor charles.

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-06-2003 08:09 PM

Ummm....that was on topic because...?

Beren87 04-06-2003 08:25 PM

Galadriel, it's been decided by the majority of the peoples of this great forum that we are currently ignoring kymmi666. He/She has been warned by B-W and is still continueing with their utter ludicrousity.

Iarwain 04-06-2003 08:47 PM

Hm. This can't be right, I'm the Barrow-Wight. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Of course, I'm honored that you think so, Manardariel. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I can't wait till an updated version comes along.

That kimmi is quite disturbing. Talking about being a stalker in reality, hey, and how is it that her profanity doesn't get ****** out? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Iarwain

Beren87 04-06-2003 09:08 PM

She only says words that can be said on here. They both have 4 letters, and I'm not going to say them. You can figure it out.

[ April 06, 2003: Message edited by: Beren87 ]

Carlas 04-06-2003 09:11 PM

I was pio in this test(though I don't think Ill ever be as good of a innkeeper as her!)Is anyone working on the new one? I think that will be interesting! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Beren87 04-06-2003 09:33 PM

I think we should all submit a question (then with who each answer would be relevant to). If anyone wants to do this, PM your questions to me and I'll get them into quiz form!

Amanaduial the archer 04-07-2003 10:18 AM

Quote:

i resemble charles. he sleeps in the same bed as me. he is my friend. he spends most of his time lurking around and pretending to be invisible. eh?? what's that you say? he is invisible? God damn it, that must be the reason people keep sitting on him. Poor charles.
*Wrinkles forehead.*

*Gives up*

VanimaEdhel 04-07-2003 10:19 AM

If we have to choose an answer for each, then I have 15 points, and I am:
Quote:

0-20 points: Youīre Piosenniel! Good for you! You love RPGing, and are hardly seen in different forums. Always ready to help those in the Shire, and the great owner of the beloved GreenDragon. Go you!
But, if not, then I have negative, and am, therefore, Legolas. lol

Beren87: If I happen to think of a good question, I'll send it to you.

Silmarien 04-07-2003 06:40 PM

? I'm estelyn or B-W (whoa)(depending what I answer for 4 I can't decide) but I'm becoming addicted to RPG's so maybe I should be Pio. As you might be able to tell by now I really don't know.

Faenaduial 04-07-2003 08:24 PM

Hmmm... I'm B-W according to the quiz.

I'm blushing at comparing myself to any of the lofty personages mentioned but I was hoping to be Beren87. I'm addicted to the Quiz Room. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sapphire_Flame 04-10-2003 10:30 AM

According to this quiz, I am Estelyn. Hm, I never would have thought...

Arvedui III 04-12-2003 12:53 PM

Wow, I'm Pio. That's amazing, I always wanted to own an inn. Is anyone gonna make a new quiz, this is fun. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 04-12-2003 02:14 PM

*Laughing* I'm Beren87, not that I was terribly surprised by that... one knows they're getting compulsive when I check the quiz room every couple of hours just to make sure I'm not missing anything important. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (although I'm pretty excited to see you in the RPG rooms-my other favorite place- too Beren, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Sophia