The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What's the most embarrasing LOTR related thing that ever happend to you? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5106)

ArrowOfGreenleaf 05-07-2003 06:19 PM

What's the most embarrasing LOTR related thing that ever happend to you?

I was wondering if any of you had an embarrassing thing LOTR related ever happen to you. Believe me... I have.

My mother and I were running errands one day and we passed this guy sitting on a fence post. He had long blond hair (slightly wavy though) pulled back and was fiddling with a guitar. My mom said "Hey look! There's Legolas!" I was like. "Not quite." And then as we were driving away she began to tease me saying. "Oh Legolas! I finally found you! You and your beautiful flaxen hair!"
Needless to say.... the guy did NOT look like Legolas and I got kind of irritated. not quite Legolas if ya know what I mean.....

The other time was when my little sister accused me of having a crush on Legolas. (Sure... not that far off the mark, but there's not need for her to know that.) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-ArrowOfGreenleaf

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-07-2003 06:23 PM

Hello ArrowofGreenleaf [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've had too many to count, but most of them happen when I start reciting LotR lines out of place [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy 05-07-2003 06:27 PM

Mom's entire "Boromir is a horse's rear!" stint was slightly embarrassing, but we laugh now. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Anything but Arwen 05-08-2003 07:00 AM

Stuff like that happens all the time to me..

Although, I reckon, the time when I had spent ages *****ing about Arwen, was riding a white horse, which was spooked by a black one...and I fell off o.O Oh well...it was funny at the time...

Galadriel9 05-08-2003 01:20 PM

A lot of embarrassing things have happened to me when I have been thinking about LotR instead of doing something else that I should've been doing...like in my French lesson today, I was thinking about how the RotK movie might finish and suddenly I heard my name being spoken, and Mr French blokey-guy asked me a question in French and I just translated it instead of answering it....ok, you don't wanna hear about my sad life any more!!!

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 05-08-2003 01:28 PM

I remember Boromir the Horse Rear! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Welll...nothing really. I got stared at for writing in Runes which made me uncomfortable but thats it.

Meela 05-09-2003 07:38 AM

I don't think anything embarrassing has ever happened to me... I don't get embarrassed if I'm in the street yelling lines from Lotr and pretending to defeat balrogs and get funny looks from passers-by.
My mum embarrasses me by dancing and singing to the music they play before the films start in the cinema. We were seeing Lotr on one occasion, so I guess that could count.

Helkahothion 05-09-2003 07:39 AM

I said to my teacher that Gollum ate my homework. She was not pleased. I don't even have a goll.. eh dog.

Meela 05-09-2003 07:41 AM

Actually, I think I may have once woken up after dreaming about fighting orcs, and sometimes you wake up at the point where you're talking in the dream, and you finish the sentence out loud. I may have done that and woke up mumbling something like, "Slaughter those orcs, Aragorn!" I get pretty embarrassed in case someone hears me from the next room.

Sapphire_Flame 05-09-2003 10:45 AM

Quote:

I said to my teacher that Gollum ate my homework.
I've done that. That, and scribbling Tengwar all over the board has not earned me great favor with my English teacher. o.O

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-09-2003 10:56 AM

Quote:

and scribbling Tengwar all over the board has not earned me great favor with my English teacher. o.O
Hey, we've all done it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Sapphire_Flame 05-09-2003 10:58 AM

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-09-2003 11:51 AM

Actualy I did not do that. I did write that my teacher was a stupid ***** on the blackboard. Does that count?

[edit]Lol, I kinda expected that that word would no come trough the filter hehehehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img][/edit]

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]

Sapphire_Flame 05-09-2003 03:07 PM

Yeah, it counts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ElenCala Isil 05-09-2003 03:13 PM

hmm nothing really embarrasing happens.. though, I have scribbled all over the white board in elvish! I've also written 'FRODO LIVES' in giant bubble letters across the board.. I got a lot of stares.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

steve 05-09-2003 08:50 PM

In orchestra i wrote "do the wave for boromir the disco king accrost the board" and in english class we were all told to bring in poems to read to the class so i decided to recite the lament for boromir, useing diffrent voices for gimli legolas and aragorn...

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 12:28 AM

Quote:

I've also written 'FRODO LIVES' in giant bubble letters across the board..
I actually quoted somebody's signature (sorry, somebody) and wrote on the board "Frodo most certainly does live!" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Everdawn 05-10-2003 01:46 AM

One day when i wasnt listening in Geography, my teacher asked me a questions about what land mark was in the north east of some country, i have no idea what it was, but i looked up from my desk and answered automatically.."grey havens" My teacher looked at me strange, but he makes allownaces for my insanity..

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 01:49 AM

Friday in class we were reading about some place called "Moriah", so the moment we got to it, totally automatically, me and 3 guys (not 3 guys and I [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) said at the same time: "Moria!" And then we all turned red as the class stared at us going "what?" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ignorant mortals.

~Menelien

Helkahothion 05-10-2003 06:05 AM

Quote:

said at the same time: "Moria!
I had that one to. Moriah is a mountain in the story of Abraham.(I believe, the story when this guy has to sacrafize his son). He goes up to the mountain Moriah. Well a guy said that and I suddenly prompetd: Watch out for the watcher. Most of the kids got it. The teacher did not. He is the one where I wrote down he was a stupid *****.

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 06:08 AM

Oh! Thats exactly what we were studing! The biblical story thing... but when we popped off with "Moria", everybody looked so clueless, it wasn't even funny. But my friend ot the gist of it pretty quick and gave ma quick punch on the back. Luckily, she doesn't know how to do it so it hurts... MUAHAHAHAHA [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Helkahothion 05-10-2003 06:11 AM

I could teach her [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 06:13 AM

Lol, but sorry, your help is not needed just now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . If I really wanted to I could teach her myself, but what would she use it for excpet punching me? WHere's the logic there? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Helkahothion 05-10-2003 06:14 AM

Quote:

but what would she use it for excpet punching me? WHere's the logic there?
That's why I added the evil smiley dummy.

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 06:16 AM

Oh, okay. Now, tell me please, do you have any friends not too great at punching who need tutoring? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Helkahothion 05-10-2003 06:18 AM

NOt really. They all do Tai-kwandao

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 06:20 AM

Hehehe. Maybe I should try that... punching people is fun [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ...
On topic- I was outside at 3am today with my mom and I ran down the street whispering Nazgul! in my loudest whisper. Pathetic, isn't it?

~Menelien

Tinuviel Took 05-10-2003 06:26 AM

Okay to begin with, I have low blood sugar and whenever I haven't eaten in while and I am getting pretty hungry, I have always had a tendency to get kind of strange and I'm afaid adding LOTR behaviour to this hasn't work very well.
The embarrassing thing is that now when it happens, my sister or a few of my friends are able to recognize the behavior before it gets very far. All I have to do is be a little obnoxious, start wispering about my precious, or showing my teeth a teeny tiny bit and they start saying things like "stop being Gollum, Tinuviel(my mother has this thing about writing my real name on the internet)" or "you are NOT an Uruk-hai, quit baring your fangs"

Sapphire_Flame 05-10-2003 09:11 AM

*snigger* Nice, Tinuviel. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I got a good one yesterday. In my religion class we were talking about king Solomon, and I, as usual, was only half paying attention, so when my teacher mentioned his name I looked up and said, "Don't you mean Saruman?" Everyone looked at me like I had absolutely lost my mind.

Which I have, of course. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-10-2003 09:40 AM

LOL. I had that once. But I did not say it out loud. (thank god)

legolas luver*1 05-11-2003 01:52 PM

Once my sister & I were singing about Gimli. The words were 'burning Gimli'but by mistake we said 'doing Gimli.' No one was around but it was still embarrasing.

Then we were picturing the fellowship NAKED!
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Sam!!!

Aduoreiel 05-11-2003 04:49 PM

Well, whenever I mean to say "habit" I saw Hobbit, or it just comes out all weird (like hoo-habit). [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Um, what else? Oh yeah...Halloween 2002. I found an Arwen costume at the costume shop, so I decided I'd go as an elf. I was walking down my 6th grade teacher's driveway when I tripped flat onto my face. Oh the horror! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Everdawn 05-12-2003 02:55 AM

we dont have halloween in Australia... I wish we did, an excuse for more chocolate..

The fellowship naked! AHHHHHHHHHH!
*pauses at teh thought of Aragron and Legolas, then proceedes to hide under a table*

Morgul Queen 05-12-2003 03:21 AM

once I wrote on the bottom of my SOS exam in elvish (language and Tengwar) something about my Teacher smelling as bad as an Orc (you can just tell I had been looking at the Insults in Elvish thread that morning), He asked me what language it was, I said Quenya, and He said...Are you part Quenyan then??? Needless to say,I fell off the chair laughing.

Then another Time (the almighty car-crash joke) some-one said that 'that Tolkien dude died in a carcrash last night'.

Yet another case of the fall off the chair laughing syndrome.

AND if anyone else is interested, I Started cracking up laughing in ICT today while reading alliwantisanelfforchristmas(AKA al)'s stories. That one was detention worthy...

purplefluffychainsaw 05-12-2003 04:54 AM

We ahve mini tablet PC's in class (We're testing them for the year 7's) ANd they have the inet on. So needless to say I spend the whole lesson on the net... (Like now!) I always have to be carful when reading amuzing things in case of giving the game away. Also yesterday in church we were making little cards for people who had come over from over countres to do something... and I accidently sighed one in elvish... The boys who were sitting at my table took one look at my writing and hair and started yelling at their top of their voices: "SHE'S AN ELf!" As I am a hobbit I was NOT amuzed and as there was a seriously fit guy on the table it was even worse. And went we left they kept tryingt to check if my ears were pointed. It was so embarasing... [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Everdawn 05-12-2003 05:09 AM

LOL... "Part Quenyan".... arent we all?

Sapphire_Flame 05-12-2003 12:41 PM

Quote:

and He said...Are you part Quenyan then???
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] *dies*

Melephelwen 05-12-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:

I got stared at for writing in Runes which made me uncomfortable but thats it.
That's just cool! I wish I could get people staring for that sort of stuff, instead of just my behavior... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyways, I would say everytime I accidently quote someone. One day I just felt like imitating Gollum (the "We be nice to them, if they be nice to us" one) and so I did. Never mind I did it in class... And people just keep looking weird when I ask my ring for something. The first two days I wondered (so yeah, I blushed a bit [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] ) but now I'm just proud of being special. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

bad things always happen to me 05-12-2003 01:36 PM

My Graphic design teacher always calls me 'elf-kin' and i have no idea why...probably got something to do with the fact i'm in the room every lunch time looking at LOTR stuff on the internet [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Also, one time, we were in music and me and my friend (who also happens to be an LOTR fan) were given some question sheets, the teacher told us to put our names on them and we bother put our elvish names on them, at the end of the lesson he said 'i want to speak to Tanhilwen and Rinfennas after the lesson' he had no idea it was us but needless to say he wasnt too pleased as it was some sort of quiz we had to do. >.<

Sapphire_Flame 05-12-2003 09:18 PM

Hey, bad things, I love your signature. TIG!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]