The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   in a celebrity death match frodo or harry potter? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5413)

Elsaur 08-24-2002 03:23 PM

in a celebrity death match frodo or harry potter?

in a celebrity death match who would win? i've got my money on frodo because he has a sword and he's cooler but harry potter has magic and is taller.who do you think will win? for extra credit it be nice to know the winner of a J.K.Rowling and a J.R.R.Tolkien match. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Aramacil 08-24-2002 03:30 PM

I think Harry would win because his magic is stronger and Frodo isn't that good a swordfighter anyway.

( A Harry Potter vs Gandalf deathmatch would be very funny )

NazgulNumberTen 08-24-2002 08:29 PM

HOW DARE YOU BETRAY LOTR.
FRODO WOULD WIN. ENOUGH SAID.

Maikadilwen 08-24-2002 08:52 PM

Of course Frodo would win. He has the ring, remember? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Nevfeniel 08-24-2002 08:52 PM

*gulp* O-okay, Naz, calm down. Now, just imagine Gandalf beating the crap out of Harry Potter and everything will be aaaall right. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ August 24, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]

Jeli Baggins 08-24-2002 08:53 PM

I agree totally w/ Nazgul. I don't care how tall harry pothead is, always remember Aramacil, "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"! And, that "hobbits really are amazing creatures"! And, that "The book who copyed off of the other book, is destined to lose".... (sry i made that last quote up myself) hehe couldn't help it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] well, my cousin Frodo would win no matter what! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

NazgulNumberTen 08-24-2002 08:54 PM

nah, how about me vs potter.
FINALLY! revenge...

Jeli Baggins 08-24-2002 09:01 PM

oh yeah and i 4got, a match between J.R.R.Tolkien and that other person, can't remember the name, ummm rawling? i NOE that J.R.R. Tolkien would win. b/c he is so0o0o0o0o kool, and kool people win stuff. lololol [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Jeli Baggins 08-24-2002 09:04 PM

yeah me and nazgul againest rawling and pott. hahahahahaahahaha we all noe who would win!

NazgulNumberTen 08-24-2002 09:09 PM

(AHEM)
this thread is off topic and nothing but chatting. i ask the admin. to kindly put it out of it's misery.

NyteSky 08-25-2002 11:44 PM

Frodo all the way!!!
What about Gandalf vs Dumbledore? That would a little bit more fair than Gandalf vs Potter, tho not as entertaining. Can you believe that I know someone who actually thinks Dumbledore would win?!?!? Insanity. But she's young so perhaps she'll see reason eventually.

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood 08-26-2002 12:24 AM

Frodo would definately win!!! Gandalf would win against Dumbledore!

Catherine 08-26-2002 07:11 PM

Any LotR person would win against a Harry Potter person!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Keeper of the Feet of Melkor 08-26-2002 09:25 PM

Frodo would win!!!

vanwalossien 08-27-2002 07:43 AM

I'm sorry for being a traitor, but Harry would have a chance. Frodo has enough sense to not use the ring, you know. And Harry is a good wizard. But, I only said he'd have a chance, I don't know if he'd win. Dumbledore vs Gandalf has to be Gandalf. In the Joanna Kathleen vs John Ronald match, I'd like to point out that the Great One sadly died thirty years ago, while Jo is still very much alive... But I don't know who would win.. I'll go with JRR..

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: vanwalossien ]

Morai 08-27-2002 10:25 AM

Even though Frodo may not win, I'll root for him anyway. (I always root for the team destined to lose.)

Anywhoo, Frodo has a sword, the one ring, and good sense.

Harry, well he's got magic, but magic can easily backfire.

There ya go, my opinion [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The Rip Designs Dude 08-27-2002 01:34 PM

Yeah, Frodo has Sting and the Mithril coat + Sam who would never leave his side [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ms. Took 08-27-2002 09:31 PM

Frodo would totally win, but I don't think that Frodo would take part in such a match. He's an anti-violence hobbit.

elanor_niphredil 08-30-2002 11:03 AM

I think we are all forgetting that both storys are good vs evil, and potter and frodo are both good, so they wouldnt be fighting in the first place!

However, potter may have an evil side...

Ithaeliel 08-30-2002 03:13 PM

Quote:

I think we are all forgetting that both storys are good vs evil, and potter and frodo are both good, so they wouldnt be fighting in the first place!
Who cares!!!! This is Celebrity Deathmatch!!!! Frodo would win. He'd cream Hairy Pothead. *My best evil laugh, which is actually really scary* because:

1. He's a hobbit!!!
2. He has the One Ring
3. He's not a kid waving around a magic wand like Harry
4. "You keep yer 'ands off 'im, or I'll have you, Longshanks!"
5: I'm a Lord of the Rings fan. You think I'm going to stand unbiased when asked this type of question?

LadyElbereth 08-30-2002 03:24 PM

lol, Frodo would sooo win, doesn't matter how many majic tricks Harry pulls.

Faye Took 08-31-2002 06:51 PM

Frodo would kick Harry's harry A$$ yeah. No magic can beat a hobbit. MUWAHAHAHAHA. PLus he's got Sting which is the badest (meaning best) sword ever and Mithril!

Nevfeniel 08-31-2002 10:02 PM

Frodo would probably win, but only if Harry Potter looked evil (I know someone will say "but Harry Potter is evil!", but he doesn't look evil). Maybe we could dress him up as a Nazgűl. . .
Frodo would also need to train to dodge curses that HP would send at him. Or maybe we should confiscate his wand altogether. . . But HP might protest, since we would (obviously) let Frodo keep Sting. *sigh* Those teenage wizards. Such prima donnas. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Elven Mistress 09-01-2002 08:21 PM

I'm not really taking sides here, but let me put it this way...

In the time it takes Frodo to pull his sword and hurt (to put it nicely) Harry, the kid wouldn't have even muttered the first syllable of his spell - it takes a lot of time to cast a spell...

--Elven Mistress--

Neferchoirwen 09-02-2002 08:46 AM

Voldemort and Dumbledore would loose to Gandalf. Frodo would win over H Potter

AND JK RAWLING TREMBLES AT THE PRESENCE OF TOLKIEN.
TOLKIEN ALONE IS THE GREAT ICON OF ALL OF FANTASY

Samwise_Gamgee 09-02-2002 09:51 PM

I say Frodo AND Sam cause like Sam said "Mr. Frodo's not goin anywhere with out me" and I think Harry Potter would be terrified if he saw Sam and his pan in action! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] "Oh that's nice! Ashes in my tomahtoes!" - Pip

Laetetur 09-03-2002 05:52 PM

Sorry, Potter... Frodo lives! And wins! He could disappear, then spear Harry in the balls! HAHAHAAAAA!! LoL . Plus... He's a better character overall.

Alaggaeriel 09-03-2002 06:32 PM

J.R.R. Tolkien had been around much longer than Rowling and as you know, with age comes wisdom. So, he would win! Frodo has a pure and true heart and he fights against evil and does not embrace revenge, therefor he would win. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Laurelin 09-22-2002 02:44 PM

Taht's one easy question I mean no match, Frodo would whip his excuse my french *** !! i mean sure Harry's got a wand but Frodo's got a sword againts a flimsy peice of magical wood.
[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Orome 09-23-2002 07:32 PM

this being celebrity death match frodo would of course use the ring, and cause Harry pothead (gotta love the name) couldn't see him then the curse would not work, and frodo could just do what ever he wanted to Pothead

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-23-2002 10:24 PM

I am a fan of both storys and love them BOTH dearly.

And purrrsonally I think it would be a tie. Frodo has Sting, Harry has his Pheniox Fether wand (And from what I remember, Wands cant break easily)
Frodo has Mithril Harry has protection spells. Frodo has Sam, Harry has Ron.
So personally I would think it would end with two smoke covered faces, two heads of hair standing on end, a lotta cuts and slashs, sevreal broken limbs and one blown up ring.

Heres one: Severus Snape Vs. Sauramon?
Personaly I'd root for Snape...He's the only one in that match I'd even like.

GOOD FIGHT! GOOD NIGHT!

TolkienGurl 09-24-2002 05:00 PM

Frodo would definitely win. Not much of a challenge for him though... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: TolkienGurl ]

Taure Leafsilver 09-24-2002 07:52 PM

isnt it a no brainer who would win?? Sam with a frying pan of corse!!!! i can just hear him "Get off my master you spectacled freak!!!!!! *WANG!!*

Taure Leafsilver 09-24-2002 07:55 PM

OOOOOOOOOHHHHH and on Sauron vs. Voldemort.......Im sorry but Voldi would wet his pants just by looking at Sauron.

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-24-2002 09:10 PM

Quote:

Sam with a frying pan of corse!!!!
LMFAO!!!! BWAHAHAHA!! I shoul bring a tape recorder with Me to that one...I can hear it now.

*To the tune of Swan lake*
WACK, BANG, CRASH, CLING!!!
BONG, BOING, CLASH, CLING, CRRIIINNNGGG!!!!
BOINK, BOP,
And
WWAAANNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!(The last note echo's through all thr room)
And for a finsher:

SOMEBODY CALL IN MADEM POMFREY!!!

charly 09-25-2002 12:35 PM

They´d stop the fight after two seconds, because
Harry is scared and thinks hobbits are evil(poor kid)
Frodo doesn´t like fights in the first place
They´d snap there sword/wand in half and watch Ron&Sam wrestle.

Different idea: Malfoy&Gollum [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Gandalf&Dumbledore [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Hermoine and... Galadriel??
PS I don´t think comparing HP&LotR is a good idea... I love both storys and woudn´t want to miss one of them