The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Who would you like to meet from Middle-earth? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3650)

maleliel 07-21-2002 11:55 AM

I'd most like to meet Luthien because she seemed really nice ad kinda mysterious, if you get me! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] There's just something about her!!! I'd also like to meet Melian because she's really wise and stuff! Of course I'd like to meet Frodo [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] and also Merry and Pippin because they are my fave Hobbits!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Okay, I'll go now!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rosa_Baggins 07-21-2002 12:42 PM

I would like to meet Merry and Pippin.They are my favorite People or hobbit or what ever in Lord of the Rings.
Love
Rosa

darkscale 07-21-2002 04:45 PM

hmmm i cant believe no one mentioned the brother or the father....i mean fingolfin of all elves took morgoth in a one on one fight and did some damage.....he was also one to live in Aman and see so many things and endure so many tragedies.....next in line and the last REALL important one would be treebeard...i mean hes REALLY old and he's a treefolk....the things he could teach WOW!!!

Lady_Galadriel 07-21-2002 05:56 PM

I'd like to meet everyone, but mostly all four hobbits because they seem like it would be fun to hang out with them. Also Aragorn, gandalf and treebeard, and of course legolas... It would be sooo cool to know an elf

Belethadar 07-22-2002 06:25 AM

i'd like to meet durin and thorin oakenshield, because i like the dwarves and good old gandalf

Ravenna 07-22-2002 04:21 PM

Aragorn of course! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] , then almost everyone else.

Lotrelf 08-06-2014 01:33 AM

I don't think there's anyone I wouldn't like to meet. All the good and evil characters created the wonderful, beautiful, magical and colorful world of LotR and other works of Professor's, I'd like to meet them all. But I'm not sure if the evil ones should be alive. :D

Snowdog 08-08-2014 08:57 PM

Halbarad and the thirty Rangers that rode south.
Galadriel
Eowyn
Saruman
Gandalf
and the beer at The Green Dragon.....

Mithalwen 08-09-2014 09:39 AM

Gil-galad..ask him who his Daddy was.... Elfhelm to get the background on his abetting Eowyn and what Eomer said about it when he found out.
Cirdan would be interesting.

Moonraker 08-09-2014 11:49 AM

I would like to meet the Old Took over a round of Golf. Hopefully he could answer the million dollar question: is Oxford better than Cambridge?

Inziladun 08-09-2014 12:07 PM

I want to ask the Mouth of Sauron which minions drew the "distinction" of being other body parts. :eek:

Moonraker 08-09-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 693678)
I want to ask the Mouth of Sauron which minions drew the "distinction" of being other body parts. :eek:

I would like to ask the Mouth of Sauron whether he was jealous that the Witch King was the undisputed number two to Sauron, and that the Mouth of Sauron was just a senior spokesman for Barad-dur.

Mithalwen 08-09-2014 01:14 PM

You mean a bit like Alaistair Campbell and Peter Mandelson?

Moonraker 08-09-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 693682)
You mean a bit like Alaistair Campbell and Peter Mandelson?

Something like that. But maybe the Mouth of Sauron enjoyed this backstage communications and chief whip kind of role in Barad-dur, sucking up to Sauron and gaining more power and wisdom from his great master as a consequence. Even Sauron needed some company before his throne hall, rather than sitting in the darkness alone for decades. But when all was said and done, the Witch King would be the big commander, the vice-president, of Mordor. The Mouth of Sauron was just the equivalent of a very senior political spokesman and personal friend of Barrack Obama in the White House, but not the vice-president.

Not forgetting that, after the Witch King fell, that was the opportune time to become the undisputed number two to Sauron, if the other eight Nazgul weren't up to the task. So I guess the Mouth of Sauron could have boasted of his eventual newly found status after decades of being in the shadow of the Witch King. Interesting that, in The Black Gate Opens chapter, had the Witch King still been alive, it is he who may have spoken with Gandalf and Aragorn. That would have been interesting.

Brego 08-15-2014 11:44 AM

I would like to meet Frodo, or Sam. Frodo because I can identify with him, having experienced depression and hard times before, and he seems my sort of person, I suppose. And Sam because he's just an all-round awesome hobbit.

FerniesApple 08-16-2014 10:54 AM

Bill Ferny

Tar-Verimuchli 08-16-2014 12:16 PM

I like the mysterious elements of Tolkien, so Allatar and Pallando to ask about their time in Middle Earth, a Balrog to ask how many of his kind there were while having a look to see if he had any wings, Fimbrethil to ask what happened to the Entwives, one each of the Ironfists, Stiffbeards, Blacklocks and Stonefoots and any long-lived Avari who remained in the East to find out more about their culture and the history and geography of Rhun. I would include Radagast and Tom Bombadil but I doubt I would get much coherent information from either.

Belegorn 08-16-2014 02:05 PM

I'd like to meet the two hot chicks and judge for myself and tell Gimli who I think is the hottest of all.

Lotrelf 08-16-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belegorn (Post 693954)
I'd like to meet the two hot chicks and judge for myself and tell Gimli who I think is the hottest of all.

Oh, yes! He needs your suggestion. Tell other guys too. :p

FerniesApple 08-20-2014 11:50 AM

I would like to meet Tom Bombadil because he seems to know a lot.I would ask him lots of questions in the hopes that his answers were not irritatingly cryptic. ie, Are there still entwives alive? where are they? who or what is Goldberry? etc etc