The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Barrow Downs Photo Gallery / Avatar page (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4669)

Mattius 06-20-2003 08:49 AM

Well it took me a while to find my picture but there it is, right at the very very very right!

Helkahothion 06-21-2003 06:12 AM

Another match made by the Barrow Downs Balin? I certainly hope so. I don't think that BW realized that this was a love-blessed site this is. But Balin, clear this up for me: How old are you. On the picture you are flying a helicopter, so that should mean something right?

Suilad,

Anuion

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-21-2003 10:03 AM

Wow! Love it, Alkanoonion! I'll be sending my pic soon...Love all your pics up there, guys! You all look simply mahvelous! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden 06-21-2003 11:20 AM

Quote:

Lol…. The younger the better!!!
Heh. I feel liked [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I had a question. How do you send in a pic, exactly? Do I just copy paste it into an e-mail? (I need to find one that doesn't make me turn red with embarassment at my weird face first, but that's another matter.)

~Menelien

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-21-2003 11:43 AM

I put mine in an attachment in the email.

Helkahothion 06-22-2003 04:36 AM

Quote:

Mine (I love fish)
Alkoonion a.k.a. gollum? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Suilad,

Anuion

Taralphiel 06-22-2003 07:02 AM

hiya Alk! Just wanted to let you know that your site is great! Im so ditzy when it comes to that sorta stuff, so congrats!

When I find a suitable piccie, I'll send it on over!

Yavanna228 06-22-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

max size is A4
I am almost totally computer illiterate, so what does A4 mean, and how can I check it?
Also, since we have at least one couple here getting married(congratulations Maika and Cuthalion! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), pictures of things like that would be wonderful to see.
Peace

Helkahothion 06-22-2003 11:42 AM

Great Idea Yavanna. But For some reason Maika is a perfect camera dodger. A4 is standard printerpapersize. You konw, the ones you use to print stuff on.

What's that? *sigh* A printer is a device which prints the things on your screen. Yes, you can install htat on your computer. No it is not sofware. It's hardware. What's that? *sigh* hardware are devices that you have to buy seperate from your computer and software are programs you can install on your computer.
Suilad,

Anuion

Balin999 06-22-2003 11:43 AM

Helka, I'm 20 (becoming 21 in October) and I'm not flying the helicopter, I was just a passenger. The pic was taken last year. I was working freelance for a local newspaper and we had the possibility to fly with one of their (very old) helicopters. The photographer suddenly made some pics, including the one you see on Alk's page. It was really great, the pilot even flew over my grandparent's house so that the photographer could make some pics for them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Gorisil 06-22-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

Hm I wondered what Gorisil meant with that post and after having a look at Niluial's pic..... I understand. *phew*
Balin999 I met her today, that photo is so real. I saw her yes I did. Anyway Lush is also very pretty and so is Rachelle! But everyone has there own taste.

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Gorisil ]

Yavanna228 06-22-2003 01:53 PM

:: sits back and laughs::
Thank you very much, Helka, for your very thorough explanation! I'm indebted to you forever. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Well, now that I know what all that means, I suppose I should get around to finding a picture to send in. Thanks again!
Peace

Lyra Greenleaf 06-22-2003 03:22 PM

Quote:

On the picture you are flying a helicopter, so that should mean something right?
If he was flying the helicopter that would be very scary, since he was looking over his shoulder at the time!

Manardariel 06-22-2003 03:42 PM

*shame on me* I actually looked at the site, even though I promised I wouldn´t.

It looks very nice, really! And very easy to handle and stuff!

Lyra!You look so cute! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (That´s meant as a compliment)

Mr. Saucepan! You look like my freaky artteacher! (but you aren´t)

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-22-2003 05:26 PM

Manadariel! You got a PT! Congrats!

Quote:

Aren't you nice... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]

The Saucepan Man 06-22-2003 08:38 PM

Quote:

<--- Actually, I look like this. Now, that's freaky. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Niluial 07-14-2003 03:08 PM

Lol Saucepanman I love your new avatar so you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 07-16-2003 04:50 AM

Quote:

If he was flying the helicopter that would be very scary, since he was looking over his shoulder at the time!
Well, you can look over your shoulder, it's a long way down [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm currently scouting for a new picture. So look out for a new one mwuhahahaha [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Abedithon le

Niluial 07-16-2003 05:17 AM

Oh dear Helkahothion is getting another picture [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] (jokes).
I was thinking earlier everyone builds a picture up in there head of what another Barrow-Downer looks like… you go to the album and the picture in your head is smashed! I really do like the album but it is hard to believe that that person has blonde hair when you thought that person had brown…

Balin999 07-17-2003 01:05 PM

Quote:

I really do like the album but it is hard to believe that that person has blonde hair when you thought that person had brown…
That's nothing if you thought the person was a guy! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ July 17, 2003: Message edited by: Balin999 ]

Niluial 07-18-2003 11:31 AM

Quote:

That's nothing if you thought the person was a guy!
Lol!!

Actually I was looking at your picture Balin999 you are not bad looking, not at all...

Helkahothion 07-18-2003 01:46 PM

OK, I might have said this one day, but does somebody else think that Balin999 looks like Elijah Wood. I mean, part from the thing that he is a hunk of course [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le

Balin999 07-18-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Actually I was looking at your picture Balin999 you are not bad looking, not at all...
*bows* Thank you for the compliment, Niluial, but you got to see me with my hair cut and some gel in it, woohoo! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
To remain serious, I have posted before that I think that you are reeeally b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l, and that says something, because usually I don't like blonde women at all (don't know why, though).

Oh and Helka, someone posted that I looked like Elijah before on the first "Photo Gallery" thread (I forgot her name, though, sorry) and I really don't understand why people are thinking so, but, if TWO people say so, there must be something to it ha ha ha. (I love making fun of myself)

And please, could someone tell me what "hunk" means, because I never heard that word before, English not being my mother-language, and I'm not sure whether I like the translation I found in my dictionary [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: I re-read the quote of Niluial, and yes, I decided that that's the kind of post that makes me feeling weak at the knees (If a girl is saying it to me, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: Balin999 ]

Helkahothion 07-18-2003 02:49 PM

Hunk means: A good looking guy. Curious: What did your dictionary say?

Alk, My sis has a digital camera, but I can't seem to get that darn thing correct. So once I get it figured out, and repaired again, it should be ok. Ohw big tip: Getting frustrated and smashing a digital-camera is not a good idea. Thank god there is a garentee on it.

Abedithon le

Niluial 07-18-2003 04:12 PM

Oh I just love these barrow-down guys [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!
Quote:

Niluial, but you got to see me with my hair cut and some gel in it, woohoo!
I can imagine a true hunk!!!

Quote:

To remain serious, I have posted before that I think that you are reeeally b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l, and that says something, because usually I don't like blonde women at all (don't know why, though).
Well *blush* I really don’t know what to say… like you or someone has said before us Barrow-Downers are beautiful, gorgeous and just amazing people! Don’t you agree? I know many men say that they don’t like blondes but they never seem to mind me!
Quote:

I re-read the quote of Niluial, and yes, I decided that that's the kind of post that makes me feeling weak at the knees (If a girl is saying it to me)
Balin999 what can I say… good looking, charming, sweet and a good sense of humour all in one! Man, I am waiting for that PM!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

GaladrieloftheOlden 07-18-2003 04:59 PM

Yes, you are all wonderfully good looking, but I doubt that BW will be happy if he finds this thread. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (GOTO is jealous of all the goodlooking beautiful people.)

Swan song,
~Menelien

Diamond18 07-18-2003 05:43 PM

Sheesh. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] The flirting, the flattery, the fluttering eyelashes. It seems like we're not in Tolkien-land anymore, GOTO... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:

That's nothing if you thought the person was a guy
Yeah. But that's really nothing compared to having someone tell me he thought I was a guy. Oh wait... that was you... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Niluial 07-18-2003 05:47 PM

I doubt he will be... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh well...

GaladrieloftheOlden when are you putting your picture up? Sometime soon I hope! We will all be awed to find we have a supermodel on our forum [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Actually I was surprised at the Barrow-Wights picture. (How to try and not put this in the wrong way...*scratches head*) I thought the Barrow-Wight would be older, you know he comes across as wise and older! A well lived man who has learnt allot about life and has been there done that. Surprisingly he looks very young! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Niluial

[ July 18, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

Helkahothion 07-19-2003 06:11 AM

Not to mention goodlooking. Anyway, Alkoonion, the new picture is in the mail.

Abedithon le

Niluial 07-19-2003 11:03 AM

Yea he actually is good looking... like I've said we are just gorgeous people! And the founder of the site would also have to be good looking... now wouldn’t he?

Helkahothion 07-19-2003 12:44 PM

Nil, you are drooling.

Balin999 07-19-2003 01:02 PM

Quote:

Curious: What did your dictionary say?
I'm sorry but I can't remember right now. I was frying my brain in the sun today, at a beach volleyball contest (no, I was part of the organisation team), that's why this post may be a bit strange.

Quote:

I can imagine a true hunk!!!
Nee hee hee, I guess I'll send you a picture soon [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:

I know many men say that they don’t like blondes but they never seem to mind me!
I guess it's different here in Austria. Here everybody seems to solely accept blonde women. But I don't like the ones who THINK they are the most gorgeous woman walking the earth. And there are plenty of them here.

And well, this forum is about the Barrow Downers, so why shouldn't people tell the others something about themselves which isn't about Tolkien? I would never accept such things at other threads, though.

Quote:

Balin999 what can I say… good looking, charming, sweet and a good sense of humour all in one! Man, I am waiting for that PM!!
Just your luck I'm living so far away from you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Well, let's see, I might be able to PM you tomorrow he he.

Yes Diamond, I was thinking about you when i wrote that. But I noticed that there are far more female BD-members than I had expected.
And many of them really are some sweeties!
Ok, I hope this thread won't be closed, because I can't wait to hear some more compliments [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Niluial 07-19-2003 01:58 PM

Quote:

I was frying my brain in the sun today, at a beach
Oh nice and tanned? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] <<<<< Balin999
Quote:

Nee hee hee, I guess I'll send you a picture soon
I’ll hold you to that!
Quote:

I guess it's different here in Austria. Here everybody seems to solely accept blonde women. But I don't like the ones who THINK they are the most gorgeous woman walking the earth. And there are plenty of them here.
Yea when I was a little girl my hair used to be more brown and this girl with blonde hair walked around like she owned the place! She used to think she was better then every other girl in the world. I always liked brown hair… I liked it so much I died my hair brown once [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]!
Quote:

Just your luck I'm living so far away from you Well, let's see, I might be able to PM you tomorrow he he.
Yup my luck [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]! I cant wait for that PM [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]…

Yavanna228 07-19-2003 03:53 PM

Not to be an iron drawers, but B-W will probably close this soon if this discussion degenerates into a chat. That's what happened to alot of other good threads during the 'Great Cull'. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I am. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think Alk intended this thread to be a problem/answer thread for his album. I would suggest using PMs to compliment the gorgeous people on the forum. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Peace

Malhwesta 07-19-2003 04:32 PM

I am newly deceased here so I think I should put my picture up before anyone starts picturing me and then gets disappointed to see that I am just some normal teenaged girl! So how do I put my picture up?

Wow [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] there are some really beautiful people in the album… but I suppose looks are not everything now are they [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]?

[ July 19, 2003: Message edited by: Malhwesta ]

Yavanna228 07-19-2003 04:36 PM

Mahlwesta,
Welcome to the Downs! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] To send your picture to Alkanoonion, the wonderful guy who's put the album together, get a digital photo and put it in an email attachment, then send it to Alk at thain@breeunderbreehill.com. Have fun! Can't wait to see your picture. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Peace

Lyra Greenleaf 07-19-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

I guess it's different here in Austria. Here everybody seems to solely accept blonde women.
Ah, that explains why my Grandma had to marry an English man. Brown hair!

Malhwesta 07-19-2003 04:45 PM

Thank you Yavanna228 for your help, I really appreciate it! I am glad someone is excited to see my picture up [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!

Helkahothion 07-20-2003 05:46 AM

Quote:

Wow there are some really beautiful people in the album… but I suppose looks are not everything now are they ?

Yup, that's our Niluial for ya. But she has waaaay more than just looks you know. SHe is studying law as we speak and just in her second year of study she is already teaching a debath class in a college where she was asked. Besides that, she has a wonderfull sence of humor and writes darn good posts. Oh crap, some people just get everything. I'm just insane. Welcome to the downs BTW.

Abedithon le

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-21-2003 01:04 PM

This thread certainly has come a long way since I was on the Downs last...which was a week ago. Arg! My picture isn't up yet! Patience, patience...