The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "The Directors'" Cuts (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9187)

Birdland 03-14-2002 01:07 AM

"The Directors'" Cuts

Hah! Bet you thought this was about the P.J. DVD, didn't you?<P>Nope. If you have a favorite director, what do you think his/her's take on LOTR would be?<P>How do think it would be if Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Win Wender, Busby Berkley, or Ed Wood had gotten their hands on the rights before Peter Jackson did? Write us a scene.<P>And of course, Terry Gilliam submissions are always welcome!

Gayahithwen 03-14-2002 10:05 AM

An Orc! An Orc! An Orc! We've found an orc! An orc! An Orc! We've got an Orc! An Orc! An Orc! An Orc! Burn him! Burn him! Burn him! We've found an orc! An Orc! An Orc! An Orc!<BR>1: We've found an Orc. May we burn him?<BR>Burn him! Burn! Burn him! Burn him!<BR>ELROND: How do you know he is an orc?<BR>2: He looks like one.<BR>Right! Yeah! Yeah!<BR>E: Bring him forward.<BR>PERSON-ACCUSED-OF-BEING-AN-ORC: I'm not an orc. I'm not an orc.<BR>E: Uh, but you are dressed as one.<BR>ORC: They dressed me up like this.<BR>Augh, we didn't! We didnt...<BR>O: And it isn't my skin, it's a false one!<BR>[Elrond lifts up a bit of the false skin, then looks up to the crowd]<BR>E: Well?<BR>1: Well, we did do the skin.<BR>E: The skin?<BR>1: And the clothes, but he is an orc!<BR>2: Yeah!<BR>We burn him! Right! Yeaaah! Yeaah!<P>Love these crossovers.. You know that I'm writing a Monty Python/LotR-fanfic, right? the beginning is up at fanfiction.net

Elanor 03-14-2002 12:02 PM

LOL! That was really funny! I love that scene in the Holy Grail...

Glenethor 03-14-2002 03:20 PM

Cor, she turned me into a Morgul rat!<P>Well, it got <I>better</I>!

Kalimac 03-14-2002 09:23 PM

Ed Wood, oh God. "Plan 9 From Middle-Earth" in which the sets shake and the actor playing Gandalf dies a few days into shooting, so they replace him with someone who looks kind of like, only not *quite*. And of course, the scene in the Shire where the hobbits confront Sharkey (it's been a while since I've seen Plan 9, so forgive my faulty memory).<P>Sharkey: Tell me, why do you do what you are doing? Why did you kill my Orcs and terrify everyone living in Isengard, innocent people who had done nothing wrong?<P>Frodo: Because you are one of those who said that Hobbits do not exist! Do you think we did those things for no reason? Do you think that we killed Orcs needlessly? You think we do not know Iluvatar. Did it never occur to you that we, too, know Iluvatar and fear destruction? We killed the Orcs because we needed you to acknowledge our existence, the existence of Hobbits - to respect our existence, and acknowledge that fact!<P>Enough. This is painful. Nice thread though, Birdland .

Orodhromeus 03-28-2002 02:12 PM

Here is the content of the famous additional 30 minutes of extra footage in the future Extended Version of FotR:<P><UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A new addition to the opening sequence in which Bilbo provides background on Hobbits and their history in voice-over as he writes his memoirs.<BR><LI>A new introduction to Samwise Gamgee, seen in his capacity as a gardener.<BR><LI>A scene taking place at the Green Dragon Inn, which introduces us to the camaraderie of the Hobbits (we see them singing together) and sets up the geopolitics of the story.<BR><LI>The Hobbits witnessing the departure of the Elves from Middle Earth on the way to Bree.<BR><LI>Aragorn watching over the sleeping Hobbits, singing the ballad of Beren and Luthien to himself in the night.<BR><LI>Aragorn at his mother's grave, in which we learn that he was raised by Elves and that Sauron has long hunted him.<BR><LI>Two new moments during the departure from Rivendell, one in which we see Arwen's emotional reaction to Aragorn's leaving, and another in which Elrond sees the Fellowship off.<BR><LI>A scene with the Fellowship in the mines of Moria, in which we learn how the Dwarves themselves unleashed the fire-demon that eventually destroyed them.<BR><LI>A scene at Lothlorien, where Galadriel bestows upon each of the Fellowship a gift which will play an important role later in the Trilogy.<BR><LI>And finally, more footage of the battle at Amon Hen</UL><P>Finally I regain my faith into this movie trilogy more than ever!!! Gildor is going to be added! We'll hear Middle-Earth songs! Maybe we'll see the Gaffer! We'll learn more 'Of Hobbits' and of the situation at the end of the Third Age! Sensational news!<BR>The August release will be a 2-disc set including the theatrical version.<BR>The November release will be a 4-disc set including the 3h30 extended version + 8 hours of behind-the-scenes footage!!! And I'm a Haunting Spirit!<p>[ March 28, 2002: Message edited by: Orodhromeus ]

Araen 03-28-2002 06:24 PM

YES!!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!! Me can't wait. Better ask for the one that comes out in November as a late B-day present......

Weber 03-28-2002 07:05 PM

(just did this for no reason at all good topic though anyways i couldnt fit enough smilies)

Birdland 03-28-2002 11:55 PM

Boy, this thread crashed like a dead Balrog.

Bruce MacCulloch 03-29-2002 12:29 AM

That's because it didn't have wings!

Birdland 03-29-2002 12:46 AM

Aiiiiii! The Wings! The Wings!