The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to the Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5145)

Enw 06-12-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macalaure (Post 559428)
Is it a sign of non-addiction if I don't get what you're talking about? :confused:

Are you just trying to get out of looking like a BD addict or are you serious.:eek:

Macalaure 06-12-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhuna
Mac, WW! From what planet are you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eonwe
Are you just trying to get out of looking like a BD addict or are you serious.

Oh... WW! I kept on wondering what "D-Day" had to do with it. I guess I need to start actually reading other people's posts. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir
And iMacs. Did it happen to be intentional that you chose to be an apple farmer in the DW?

Haha! :D Now I wish that would have been intention, but I was just thinking of an occupation and it happened to be the first that came to my mind for some reason.

Rikae 06-12-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMac
Oh... WW! I kept on wondering what "D-Day" had to do with it. I guess I need to start actually reading other people's posts. :o

Translation:
Mac - "You mean WW means something other than werewolf?" :D

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-13-2008 12:08 PM

Yet Another Sign of Addiction...
 
When you are shopping in the car aisle of the store and you see steering wheel covers, floor mats, and seat covers among other things that have penguins on them and you immediately think, Lommy would love those!

Or, when you are writing "Soft Soap- white" on a shopping list and instead you write "Soft Soap- wight" ...

Lhunardawen 06-14-2008 08:59 AM

In Ecology lecture class, we were at one point discussing perception of the environment and our limitations in perceiving it. I was rather sleepy, not having slept a blink the night before, but I was trying my best to stay awake because it was an interesting class. I snapped fully awake when my professor wrote GW on the board. Alas, he wasn't referring to my fiance, but to global warming. :rolleyes:

Another thing, I mistakenly misread 'onewhitetea' as onewhitetree.

Rikae 06-14-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen (Post 559695)
I snapped fully awake when my professor wrote GW on the board. Alas, he wasn't referring to my fiance, but to global warming. :rolleyes:

Down with GW! :mad:

Lhunardawen 06-14-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 559705)
Down with GW! :mad:

Yes, of course, global warming is awful. :p :p

satansaloser2005 06-14-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikae (Post 559705)
Down with GW! :mad:



Heh. *chuckles*



I started yelling at my computer last night because I was playing Bookworm (or some similar game) and it didn't consider "scry" a word.

A Little Green 06-15-2008 10:01 AM

Top ten signs you're addicted to DW
 
When listening to music you mishear "Why won't anybody try me" as "Why won't anybody scry me"... :rolleyes:

satansaloser2005 06-15-2008 12:32 PM

Addicted to DW? No, never, not me....
 
On another board I saw someone mention DW (they were being lazy and abbreviating Doctor Who). "Dueling Wizards? Where? WHERE????" Then I facepalmed. (This is especially sad as I'm also obsessed with Doctor Who, hence I should have caught on right away)

Enw 06-16-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 559824)
On another board I saw someone mention DW (they were being lazy and abbreviating Doctor Who). "Dueling Wizards? Where? WHERE????" Then I facepalmed. (This is especially sad as I'm also obsessed with Doctor Who, hence I should have caught on right away)

Wow. Thats all I can say. *hands Sally some pills* "Take these 20 times a day for a week, okay?"

satansaloser2005 06-16-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enw (Post 559987)
Wow. Thats all I can say. *hands Sally some pills* "Take these 20 times a day for a week, okay?"



Heh. You should see me when I'm in WW mode. My brain's completely fried. Aka I plead insanity. (I think I've got a shot with that, don't you? :p)

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-18-2008 12:20 AM

When I went to Mt. Ranier today, I got this dessert that is called a Raspberry Mt. Ranier. It was a pink pyramid. I thought "If I put this picture on the 'Downs, there would be an article in the Downer soon enough about it.

Lhunardawen 06-20-2008 09:13 AM

My Plant Physiology prof used 'CW' to abbreviate cell wall, and I started wondering if there's a role called Crazy Wizard.

But there is! You were the Wizard of Insanity, remember? And Nilp was twice the Wizard of Apathy.

Right, Eowyn.

Oh, I also realised it's weird to write CBC instead of CbC, and have those letters mean 'complete blood count' instead of...something else entirely. :p

Groin Redbeard 06-22-2008 11:04 AM

I went with my friends yesterday to the car superstore, and when I was asked what cars I'd like to check out I said: "I hear those Volo's are pretty good." :cool:

Volo 06-22-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard (Post 560605)
I went with my friends yesterday to the car superstore, and when I was asked what cars I'd like to check out I said: "I hear those Volo's are pretty good." :cool:

:D Ouch.

Enw 06-22-2008 01:33 PM

Anyway, how do you pronunce Volo, Volo? Is it Vol-oh, or vole-oh or voh- loh or something completely different?

Volo 06-22-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enw (Post 560625)
Anyway, how do you pronunce Volo, Volo? Is it Vol-oh, or vole-oh or voh- loh or something completely different?

Haha, no, none of those. But you are giving me a good laugh. :D It just is Volo, VOLO, volo, ah, I don't know. It sounds so stupid.. :rolleyes: Pronounce it as you think it sounds best, I won't mind. :D

edit: So, I just sneakily add some content here not to just be chatting around. Hmm, fish. - No I don't like fish, even the smell is terrible, I can't stand it- *cough*

I went to check in my Microsoft Sam voice thingie how to pronounce Volo or to write the pronounced Volo and now, at two AM, what do I end up doing? Oh, of course. Of course! I try the names of you Downers on poor Sam. Hmm... I wonder how he'd survive some actual lines from the books. Hiihihii!

Hookbill the Goomba 06-22-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enw (Post 560625)
Anyway, how do you pronunce Volo, Volo? Is it Vol-oh, or vole-oh or voh- loh or something completely different?

I always pronounced it 'Gertrude'...

Anyway...

You know your Downs habit is going a little far when you pick through your alphabetti spaghetti (I am so sophisticated) to make the word 'Barrow Downs' on your plate... (followed by TARDIS, Tolkien and Lord of the Rin (couldn't find a 'g')).

I feel like I'm 12 again...

Lhunardawen 06-22-2008 05:43 PM

But 12 is such a good age to be! :D

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-22-2008 08:02 PM

Hookbill, quite technically Barrow Downs is two words...

You know when you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you correct someone like I just did...:rolleyes:

satansaloser2005 06-23-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 560668)
Hookbill, quite technically Barrow Downs is two words...

You know when you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you correct someone like I just did...:rolleyes:


Heh. It's okay, I thought it too. Then I saw TARDIS....



And as for me....feel free to point and laugh. ;)


I was at band rehearsal last week and we were playing a Czech piece.

(Czech here having the meaning that it was composed in Wilbur, a small town by where I go to college which hosts "Czech Days" which is essentially an excuse for everyone in the area to....erm, I can't really say it on the board. Point is, as far as I'm concerned there's not much Czech about it....But I digress....)

Moving on....Czech piece, to refresh your memory. Well, it had been a long day and we were supposed to play one movement all legato and pretty like (don't ask) and I was spacing off looking over the music and all I saw was Czech and legat (the music wasn't copied very well) and I chuckled in the middle of rehearsal.

I remembered it during rehearsal tonight and had a total giggle fit because I realized that it was perfect fodder for this thread.


(Also, I was playing some game where you had to escape from the Land of Nog....erm, I mean Nod. Enough said)

Mithalwen 06-24-2008 10:48 AM

When you get nearly as many birthday greetings from your fellow dead than from those who know you in life.... :cool:

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-24-2008 01:57 PM

You know you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you are trying to explain the Downer to your grandparents and you are trying to explain it in a way that will not make it sound like a lie. (Don't kill me)

Or when the only newspaper you read is the Downer, and you proudly proclaim that fact to everyone!:D

Or when you have almost (unintentionally) have gotten your grandma to come on the Barrow-Downs..

Hookbill the Goomba 06-24-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 560854)
You know you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you are trying to explain the Downer to your grandparents and you are trying to explain it in a way that will not make it sound like a lie. (Don't kill me)

What a peculiar thing to say. Not a lie, indeed. Pfft. :smokin:

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-25-2008 03:35 PM

Well, the Downer has not lost any credibility because of me anyway. And besides, it's not a lie... it's just the news.;):p

You (at least think) you are addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you join the Barrow-Downs group on Facebook because you cannot get enough. And if that wasn't enough, you make friends with your fellow BDers and talk to them!!:eek:


EDIT: Or when you are sitting in the bathroom and on the sink there is a pile of random stuffs, you have to look because you think you just saw Alien! And then you look and it turns out to be your deoderent ... and I thought I had a reason to be frightened!

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-26-2008 01:23 PM

You know you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you start eating all of your meals at the computer and eat chicken noodle soup with chopsticks...

Mithalwen 06-27-2008 06:28 AM

Further to my earlier reply
 
when you are ridiculously happy to get Birthday cards from some of your fellow dead :) :D

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-27-2008 10:29 PM

When you are reading the ingredient list for some jelly beans and you read one of the ingredients off as Thinlomien:eek:... I found that it got me a very strange look.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 07-02-2008 07:04 PM

I had to think of Esty when my grandparents were picking up their RV...
We were riding back to their house and I saw this billboard that just cracked me up... It said "Save the squirrels!" It was meant to be an ad for a car repair shop, but for any unsuspecting Barrow-Downer, it means a good laugh...:rolleyes:

Enw 07-03-2008 01:36 PM

When you read one of your friend's screennames in messenger as "stop lynching *****[someone's name]" but it actually says "stop lying".
I hope this isn't a bad omen:rolleyes:

Volo 07-03-2008 03:13 PM

When I think about Rune when I see Crunchy Msli, but read Groucho Msli instead. To be honest I don't even have the slightiest idea who Groucho Marx was, but well... :rolleyes:

Rune Son of Bjarne 07-04-2008 04:23 AM

haha

If you can make such connections then your everyday life must be extremely downs-infested.

Enw 07-04-2008 05:31 AM

When you've started playing WW at school

satansaloser2005 07-04-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 560963)
Well, the Downer has not lost any credibility because of me anyway. And besides, it's not a lie... it's just the news.;):p

You (at least think) you are addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you join the Barrow-Downs group on Facebook because you cannot get enough. And if that wasn't enough, you make friends with your fellow BDers and talk to them!!:eek:


EDIT: Or when you are sitting in the bathroom and on the sink there is a pile of random stuffs, you have to look because you think you just saw Alien! And then you look and it turns out to be your deoderent ... and I thought I had a reason to be frightened!

To the last bit: Wow.


I was sort of ill the other day and decided to watch some kids movies to cheer me up. I decided on one about a trouble-causing little penguin. "I bet Lommie would get a kick out of this!"

TheGreatElvenWarrior 07-05-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 561541)
To the last bit: Wow.

Well, it is green and is kind of the shape of Alien... Just call me crazy.

satansaloser2005 07-05-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 561626)
Well, it is green and is kind of the shape of Alien... Just call me crazy.

"Crazy." :P

TheGreatElvenWarrior 07-05-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 561635)
"Crazy." :P

Thank you.
You know you are obsessed with the Barrow-Downs when you have automatic updates that go directly to your e-mail and a whole folder in your e-mail dedicated to the Barrow-Downs...

satansaloser2005 07-05-2008 03:41 PM

This is actually in reverse, as something on the Downs reminded me of something outside.


The newest member on here is called "noble." The only thing I could think of was the Doctor's current companion.

Enw 07-05-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 561646)
The newest member on here is called "noble." The only thing I could think of was the Doctor's current companion.

Oh yes, that. I wonder who the next Doctor will be... or will they stick with David Tennant (I missed it today- must watch it on iPlayer). And just who is that woman he met on the Library


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.